Should this be added into the game?

• Total voters

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
AIRCRAFTS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

qvpWK0e.png

Hello,

Today I will be submitting the map " Aircrafts ", a military-themed map with multiple planes and helicopters.

Created by: @Axyy, @Expurgation

Map Description:
  • Players: 10.
  • The map only includes 1.8 blocks.
  • Aircrafts is a map where multiple PVP styles are possible, from small places to large open platforms.
  • 10 starter islands, 8 sub-mid islands, 1 mid-island.

Info:

INFO:
  • Each starter island has 3 chests, 1 crafting table and, 1 furnace.
  • Each starter islands has multiple ores to mine.
  • All starter islands have 2 layers
  • NOTE: Starter islands are not PVP friendly, but this doesn't seem like a rushable map so there probably won't as much fighting on the starter islands than on sub-mid and mid
INFO:
  • Each sub-mid island has 3 chests and 1 crafting table.
  • Each sub-mid islands has multiple ores to mine.
  • All sub-mid islands have 2 layers.
  • NOTE: Sub-mid islands are a bit more PVP friendly, although you almost don't have the possibility to run away.
INFO:
  • Mid-island has a total of 16 chests.
  • Mid-island has got furnaces, crafting tables, anvils and, one enchantment table.
  • Mid-island has 2 layers.
  • NOTE: Mid is very PVP friendly, a lot of free open spaces to PVP on. Running away is a possibility here, unlike the starter and sub-mid islands.

XzaCMvH.png
MOntmKY.png
H1vkeSB.png
6N4GZeQ.png
imI2W67.png
zHZfkvc.png
4hx3k2q.png
bcyV1mg.png
BJDZaNU.png
7XMVUz9.png

Changelog!

Starter Islands:

• Changed quartz blocks to yellow stained clay.
  • Added detail to the planes.

Sub-mid Islands:
  • Changed black stained clay to light gray stained clay.
  • Changed the gray helicopter into a light green/dark green/brown camo helicopter.
  • Removed middle of cobwebs and iron bars.
  • Added texture to the pillars.
  • Added texture into the ground.

Mid-Island:
  • Added texture to the pillars.
  • Removed middle of cobwebs and iron bars.
  • Changed quartz blocks to yellow clay.
  • Added a lot of texture to the 2 planes.
  • Changed the planes into light green/dark green/brown camo planes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for taking the time to read this submission and I really hope you like the map!

Have a wonderful day everybody :)

Axyy.

Last edited:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
I voted no because while the layout might be unique, the looks are not really that great. The aircrafts are mostly underdetailed in my opinion, and while they don't look bad I also don't see how the quality of this build would fit within the rest of CubeCraft's maps. The top parts of the started and sub-mid islands are mostly covered up by the aircrafts leaving very narrow space for PvP. There's no colour other than gray and two tints of dark green. And the bottom parts are basically just andesite boxes, there's nothing special about them. The theme is awesome, but the quality of the map doesn't convince me and the gameplay either.

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
I voted no because while the layout might be unique, the looks are not really that great. The aircrafts are mostly underdetailed in my opinion, and while they don't look bad I also don't see how the quality of this build would fit within the rest of CubeCraft's maps. The top parts of the started and sub-mid islands are mostly covered up by the aircrafts leaving very narrow space for PvP. There's no colour other than gray and two tints of dark green. And the bottom parts are basically just andesite boxes, there's nothing special about them. The theme is awesome, but the quality of the map doesn't convince me and the gameplay either.

Thanks for your feedback!

I'll wait for some more opinions before I change anything though. :P

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
I agree with all the stuff Eli said. It would instantly look good if it wasn't only gray.¨
The lower part on the submids would be painful to fight in as it has cobweb on the top layer around it. Players would get stuck in it and escaping would be impossible.

D

Deleted member 294498

I agree with all the stuff Eli said. It would instantly look good if it wasn't only gray.¨
The lower part on the submids would be painful to fight in as it has cobweb on the top layer around it. Players would get stuck in it and escaping would be impossible.
What about the map Sport? Hmmm....

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
What colors do you recommend to add for a Military Base?

Cobwebs can be used for trapping as well, on a real military base escaping isn't really possible either. Now I know that it's a SkyWars map and not a real military base but not every map should be the same free PVP space, it's also about trapping, shooting(Bow & Eggs/Snowballs) and building.

Nutuu

Forum Expert
Oct 7, 2017
Western Finland
What colors do you recommend to add for a Military Base?

Cobwebs can be used for trapping as well, on a real military base escaping isn't really possible either. Now I know that it's a SkyWars map and not a real military base but not every map should be the same free PVP space, it's also about trapping, shooting(Bow & Eggs/Snowballs) and building.
Cobwebs are used for trapping but it would be bad to have it all around you on the 4 walls on every side of you. Also as I took a closer look to the map I noticed it should be either team skywars map or double the amount of islands as considering the size and it has only 10 players. considering Cubecraft skywars map style currently is like they have as much islands as possible and extreme rush abilities.

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
Also, a military base is just gray-tinted most of the time some examples here:

images

Da_Nang_Air_Base_Vietnam_War-1296x728-header.jpg

mquig9at7m331.jpg

Grass could be added to my map but I really don't think it fits.

Cobwebs are used for trapping but it would be bad to have it all around you on the 4 walls on every side of you. Also as I took a closer look to the map I noticed it should be either team skywars map or double the amount of islands as considering the size and it has only 10 players. considering Cubecraft skywars map style currently is like they have as much islands as possible and extreme rush abilities.

It could be used as a strategy to go down there, and you just have to look out that you won't get hit in it. See it more has a challenging map. Also, not every map should be a map with extreme rush abilities, it's okay to mix things up. I personally don't like maps where you get rushed very quick, that's why islands are a bit further from each other. I don't think it should be team skywars map either, there are enough islands. [10 starter islands, 8 sub-mids, 1 big mid-island].

D

Deleted member 294498

Tbh, in my opinion are almost all maps on CubeCraft a bit boring. They're made for 1.8+... But in the newest versions of the game (1.15) you can add such more details in your builds! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by a moderator:

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
I think that the map is very original the only thing I don't like it too much are the details I think that you can improve that.
In conclusion, I like the map but I don't like too much the details of the map.
Good map tho!

Reactions: Axyy
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
Have a good day, CoolPoalrBear :)
Summer event got added to CubeCraft Notion!
1715956357987.png
This sure didn’t age well, XD
DuckL wrote on AnolTongi's profile.
Pro Moderator :D
Top Bottom