Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

skifby2

Novice Member
Apr 21, 2018
Players that get called wannabes are just trying to help the server; we don't need nice people getting bullied for doing good things, hence the rule regarding the very specific insult of "helper wannabe."
So just because these people are 'helping' the server, they deserve a specific rule?

How about the people that bought a rank and are being called a 'tryhard/noob' in Skywars?
They are financially helping the server too, while getting bullied. I honestly don't see the difference between the two.

L

Lightning McQueen

If you want to mute half the server, that's how you do it. The use of the word wannabe is indicative of a specific issue we wanted to address. Toxicity will always exist in every game; trying to keep people from saying easy, noob, tryhard, etc. is a lost cause. Players that get called wannabes are just trying to help the server; we don't need nice people getting bullied for doing good things, hence the rule regarding the very specific insult of "helper wannabe."
People who go on discord asking if “YourMomIsNoob” is bannable are just trying to harm people for the sake of reports. They dont care about the other people at all. They arent nice people IMO.

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
So just because these people are 'helping' the server, they deserve a specific rule?

How about the people that bought a rank and are being called a 'tryhard/noob' in Skywars?
They are financially helping the server too, while getting bullied. I honestly don't see the difference between the two.
People call each other tryhards, noobs, <insert word>-er, etc. no matter what. It's got nothing to do with purchasing a rank. Yes, I think it's fair to protect people who are being helpful from being harassed. Tell me why you want to use the word wannabe.

People who go on discord asking if “YourMomIsNoob” is bannable are just trying to harm people for the sake of reports. They dont care about the other people at all. They arent nice people IMO.
That's a huge generalization. Even so, they're just trying to help. I really don't understand why reducing harassment is a contentious issue.

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
I think it's fair to protect people who are being helpful from being harassed. Tell me why you want to use the word wannabe.
How is calling someone a ''helper wannabe'' harassment?

Oh wait it's 2018 where every single word offends everybody so who am I to say that

skifby2

Novice Member
Apr 21, 2018
People call each other tryhards, noobs, <insert word>-er, etc. no matter what. It's got nothing to do with purchasing a rank. Yes, I think it's fair to protect people who are being helpful from being harassed. Tell me why you want to use the word wannabe.
I'm not going to use the word wannabe. The point is that it's weird to have a specific unwritten rule in the rules just to protect the so called 'helper wannabees'.
Calling someone a 'wannabe' is not something special, they most likely 'want to be' a helper. And if they don't, they can simply ignore it or say 'no i'm not'.

Again, there is no difference between calling someone a 'noob' or a 'wannabe'.
No, actually, there is - 'noob' might be more insulting. It stands for something negative, while saying 'you want to be a helper' isn't negative.

And what I meant with the purchasing a rank thing; someone who is helpful for the network (by camping out in the main lobby and helping players) should get the same protection as someone who is helpful in a financial way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thank you for everything and your hard work !! I hope i will see around
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations for the promotion
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations for the promotion
Xi1m wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thanks for everything :3 please stay active youre amazing
Eli wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thank you for everything! Best of luck!
Top Bottom