Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
The reason I am bringing this suggestion to you today is that this specific wand has no purpose. No matter how much I try and use the wand, nothing comes out of it, even at times of need. At this moment of time, it is basically a useless item in Lucky Islands, because it does nothing other than just show a cool effect when you get it.

Maybe give the item some new splash potions that will be thrown when the wand is used? As of right now no potions even come out from the wand.

Reactions: Maaarijn

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I agree. Sometimes it gives a positive effect, and sometimes a negative. Because of this you can't use it on yourself (you can't risk getting a negative effect) and you also can't use it on an enemy (he might get a positive effect like regeneration).

They could also rework the wand by making it negative only or positive only. This way the wand could be quite useful in my opinion!

Reactions: Lime

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
I would not cry if this item was removed... Too much of an unnecessary gamble if you ask me.
I like your idea @DMR_Marijn! Going off of this, I thought of 2 potential ideas:

-Perhaps there can just be two separate wands. Something like a "cursed wand" which is the negative potions, and a "blessed wand" with the positive potions.
- One wand but alternates between good and bad by use, so you have to remember what you used last.

Reactions: Savvy and Maaarijn

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
I agree. Sometimes it gives a positive effect, and sometimes a negative. Because of this you can't use it on yourself (you can't risk getting a negative effect) and you also can't use it on an enemy (he might get a positive effect like regeneration).

They could also rework the wand by making it negative only or positive only. This way the wand could be quite useful in my opinion!
I've never had the wand even work for me, multiple times I try and avoid it because it just does not work. The potions don't splash, potions don't even come out of it. Perhaps I should mark this as a bug report instead as it seems to work for everyone else.

Reactions: Maaarijn

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
I've never had the wand even work for me, multiple times I try and avoid it because it just does not work. The potions don't splash, potions don't even come out of it. Perhaps I should mark this as a bug report instead as it seems to work for everyone else.
Oh that's strange. For me it does work as it should. I think you should indeed mark this as a bug report then.

Reactions: Kloska

Gson

Novice Member
Feb 19, 2020
England
github.com
Well, you see the game mode is called Lucky Island's. The whole premise of the lucky island is to gamble all or nothing. The blocks are a gamble and the weapons/gear a gamble. I believe they should add a percent table to the potion wand allowing for a greater chance of say health or regen compared to blindness or poison. This could allow for players to be happier with the potion wand and be more tempted to use it. Instead of worrying whether they will poison themselves or heal their enemy.

kruisboogaapje

Novice Member
Mar 6, 2017
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
...also rework the wand by making it negative only or positive only...
...is basically a useless item in Lucky Islands...

It isn't useless in my opinion. I would be really sad if they removed the wand. If you doesn't know how this wand works I kinda get your frustration. So let me explain it to you:

-Whenever the wand is red is a good potion, so you can throw it at yourself. I give something like speed, resistance, fire resistance, etc.

-Whenever the wand is green, it gives a bad potion. If can throw from instant damage to poison to (I believe) slowness.

So keep this in mind: Red is useally linked to bad thing and green to good things. But in this case it is reversed. You can make yourself happy with a good red potion en make yourself sad with a green potion.

NOTE: The splash potion wand changes colour after you threw a potion. So make sure to check the colour before throwing it at yourself or someone else. Have fun using this wand in the near future!

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
-Whenever the wand is red is a good potion, so you can throw it at yourself. I give something like speed, resistance, fire resistance, etc.

-Whenever the wand is green, it gives a bad potion. If can throw from instant damage to poison to (I believe) slowness.
Yes, I just checked it and you're right. I didn't know this before. Thanks for your explanation!

Reactions: kruisboogaapje

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
this specific wand has no purpose.
The other things in your message have been answered, but I personally use this wand when going into a fight:
- If it's red, I throw the potion on my opponent, they get some kind of bad effect and get confused, so it's easier to fight
- If it's green ,I throw the potion on myself, which most of the time works as the wand gives effects like speed, strength, instant health, ...

I don't see any reason to remove this wand, it just requires some knowledge and skill to use

Reactions: Savvy and Maaarijn

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
I understand why you want to remove this item, but it has use if you use it in the right way. @SanCookie has explained how to use it properly.

However, there are some items in the game that I think needs adjusted or removed. Some of the drops from the lucky blocks are unnecessary to me.

Reactions: CrystalDrop
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
Top Bottom