Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
=-=Welcome to Relic Wars=-=
upload_2017-4-13_11-33-22.png

Hello readers,

My good friend @iLoveYouu gave me a fantastic idea for a new minigame on Cubecraft, and has requested that I put words together until the idea becomes a suggestion. The game is based off of a long deceased minigame from Runescape, formally called 'Fist of Guthix' (Until I gave it a fresh coat of paint and added new items for players of each role to work with). Enjoy :)

But what is Relic Wars?

upload_2017-4-13_2-27-44.png

Relic Wars is a PvP minigame based around strategy, anticipation, knowledge, and forethought. The objective is for the "Supplicant" to hold the relic for as long as possible, to earn as many points as they can, before they're inevitably killed by the "Assassin". Once killed, the roles will reverse and the former Supplicant will now become the "Assassin", whose job it is to kill the "Supplicant" before they're able to acquire more points than them.

Lore:

WARNING: Mental story-telling below. Read on with caution, and prepare to cringe!

After the fall of Mount Olympus, Athena raised a faction of supplicants to do her bidding and preserve her legacy against all odds. The Pantheon has fallen and Athena is the last remaining Olympian, as dark forces attempt to kill her and overthrow Olympus.

Far beneath the city of Athens, evil begins to raise its army. The two remaining Gorgons, angered at Athena, have raised their faction in a bid to kill her. Athena, aware of the scenario taking place, has ordered her supplicants to traverse the deepest regions of Athens to locate a relic capable of killing the two otherwise immortal Gorgons. This relic is known as the 'Manticore', and it is capable of performing its holder's very bidding. The Gorgons are also aware of this relic's existence, and have sent forth assassins to locate and kill whichever Supplicant holds the Manticore, to prevent the relic from ever reaching Athena's hands.

upload_2017-4-13_2-28-10.png

In Relic Wars, you will play as both a Supplicant, and as an Assassin. As a Supplicant, your job is to equip the Manticore, and hold it for as long as possible. As an Assassin, your job is to kill the Supplicant before they're able to charge the Manticore for too long. Whichever player acquires the most points as a Supplicant, will win the game.

How do I play it?

Player X = Supplicant | Player Y = Assassin

Players X and Y will spawn on opposite sides of a large, circular arena. The goal of player X is to hold and maintain possession of the Manticore for as long as possible, whereas player Y's goal is to kill player X in as quick of a time as possible. When holding the relic, player X will begin to earn points; the closer they are to the center of the map, the more points they will earn per second. Thus, player X must decide whether they wish to sacrifice predictability for points by rushing to the middle, where they'll be easy to see from any part of the map, or if they'd rather stay on the outskirts of the map and be harder to find, yet earn points at a far slower rate. Once player Y has found their target, player X can do a few things to stay alive longer. For example, they may enter buildings containing instant teleport pads that player Y cannot use, or may even teleport to the center of the map once per game. Of course, there will also be food items and potions that can be optimised to help player X hold onto the relic for longer.

Once player Y has killed player X, the latter's score will be displayed to both players, as well as how long they held the relic for. But remember, time held isn't the objective here; your goal is to earn a greater score than your opponent. Thus, once the round has ended, the roles will switch. This time, player X is doing the hunting, whereas player Y will be trying to protect the relic. Once both rounds are complete, the player who acquired the most points as the Supplicant will win the game, and the player who acquired the fewest points will be the loser who failed to protect Athena. For shame, smh...

Inventories

Supplicants:

Manticore (x1)

The Manticore is the key component to the Supplicant's loadout, and is the only non-consumable item; it will take the appearance of a Fire charge. When held, the player will begin to earn a number of points, based on the distance between them and the center of the map.

Cap of Invisibility (x1)

The Cap of Invisibility is a consumable item in the appearance of a leather helmet (unequippable). When held and right-clicked, it will turn the player invisible for eight seconds. Use this to throw your pursuer off your trail, or escape when they begin attacking you. Alternatively, you could use it to safely reside in the middle for a few seconds, allowing you to earn quick and easy points.

Warp (x1)

The Warp will be a consumable item in the appearance of an Eye of Ender. When held and right-clicked, it will warp the user to the center of the map. Use this to either earn quick points, to escape your pursuer, or both. Like the previously discussed item however, you only get one; do not waste it!

Aegis (x1)

The Aegis will be a consumable item in the appearance of a shield with a skull. When held and right-clicked, it will warp the Assassin to the center of the map. Use this to escape your pursuer, or to buy yourself some extra time.

Apple of Discord (x2)

The Apple of Discord will be a consumable item in the appearance of a golden apple. When held and right-clicked, the apple will be instantly consumed, healing the user to maximum health (20 hearts). Use these when on as little amount of health as possible, to ensure that you maximise the benefits that they have to offer.

Note: Supplicants will also be given a full set of Unbreaking X Diamond armour, and will have twenty hearts.

upload_2017-4-13_2-28-31.png

Assassins:

Apollo's Bow (x1)

Apollo's Bow is an Unbreaking X, Power II bow. Simple as that - Use it to shoot the Supplicant from afar.

Arrows of sun (x3)

Arrows of Sun are arrows that will burn the target for eight seconds. Use them to damage the Supplicant from afar, and deal significant damage to them over time.

Arrows (x16)

Arrows are arrows. Use them to kill the Supplicant.

Gorgon's Gaze (x1)

Gorgon's Gaze is a consumable item in the appearance of a compass. When held and right-clicked, it will display the direction of the Supplicant for five seconds, before disappearing. Use this to locate the Supplicant once the trail has gone cold, but expect heavy resistance.

Blade of Athens (x1)

The Blade of Athens is an Unbreaking X, Sharpness II diamond sword. Simple as that - Use it to deal damage to the Supplicant up close.

Note: Assassins will also be given a full set of Unbreaking X Diamond armour, and will have twenty hearts.

upload_2017-4-13_2-28-42.png

Teleport Temples

Four small temples will exist adjacent from one another around the center of the map, and can be entered only by the Supplicants. Once entered, the Supplicant will become invisible and will be instantly teleported to one of the other temples located around the map. In doing so, the Supplicant will lose a handful of points and will begin to take heavy damage if they remain in said temple for too long. Once a temple has been exited, it cannot be reentered for twenty seconds. Use these temples to escape your pursuer, but do not become too reliant on them. If you do, then before you know it you may have lost all charges that you've acquired.

Rewards

Winner

The player that scores the greatest number of points will be given 100 experience and 30 points. In addition, they will have a 10% chance to earn a cubelet, a 1% chance to receive an Athena hat (see my skin), and a 0.1% chance to receive a Medusa hat. Lastly, you will receive three reward shop points (See below).

Loser (For shame, smh…)

The player that scores the fewest number of points will be given 30 experience, 5 points, and a small chance of receiving a cubelet. Lastly, you will receive one reward shop point.

Reward shop

The Reward Shop will be a system that introduces a new currency earned exclusively in the Relic Wars minigame. This currency will be called ‘Gratitude’, and it can be used to either purchase additional consumables for Relic Wars, or to purchase new cosmetics.

Note: Only one Relic Wars perk may be enabled per character, at one time.

upload_2017-4-13_2-28-55.png

Reward shop, separating game-changing perks (top) and cosmetic perks (bottom)

Supplicant rewards

Hatred of Hades perk (Supplicant), (6 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Hatred of Hades’ will give you an additional Invisibility Cap in your next game of Relic Wars.

Underworld’s respite perk (Supplicant), (6 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Underworld’s respite’ will give you a Splash Potion of Darkness in your next game of Relic Wars. This item will last for six seconds.

Pandora’s Plight perk (Supplicant), (6 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Pandora’s Plight’ will reduce the cooldown on entering the Teleportation Temples to fifteen seconds, and will reduce the points lost when one entering by 50%, in your next game of Relic Wars.

Prophesy of Eris perk (Supplicant), (8 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Prophesy of Eris’ will give you an additional Apple of Discord in in your next game of Relic Wars.

Note: Only one Supplicant perk may be equipped at a time.

Assassin rewards

Arrows of Radiance perk (Assassin), (10 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Arrows of Radiance’ will give you an additional six Arrows of Sun in your next game of Relic Wars.

Hallowed Quiver perk (Assassin), (8 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Hallowed Quiver’ will replace ‘Arrows of Sun’ with ‘Hallowed Arrows’ (Spectral Arrows), in your next game of Relic Wars.

Prophesy of Pythia perk (Assassin), (6 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Prophesy of Pythia’ will give you an upgraded Apollo’s Bow (Power III) in your next game of Relic Wars.

Gorgon’s Glare perk (Assassin), (8 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Gorgon’s Glare’ will give you an additional Gorgon’s Gaze in your next game of Relic Wars.

Note: Only one Assassin perk may be equipped at a time

Global rewards
Olympian essence (1,200 Gratitude)
Purchasing 'Olympian essence' will give you an additional 30 Experience earned with each subsequent win in Relic Wars.

Underworld's fee (1,200 Gratitude)
Purchasing 'Underworld's fee' will give you an additional 10 points earned with each subsequent win in Relic Wars.

Gambler's sanction (1,000 Gratitude)
Purchasing 'Gambler's sanction' will give you a slightly increased change of receiving a cubelet with each subsequent win in Relic Wars.

Cosmetic rewards

Athena hat (600 Gratitude)

Still no luck receiving one through winning games? Well now you can purchase one to wear around the lobbies!

Medusa hat (600 Gratitude)

Still no luck receiving one through winning games? Well now you can purchase one to wear around the lobbies!

Manticore gadget (300 Gratitude)

This gorgeous gadget will allow you to summon a circle of Ocelots from the sky, around you.

Baby Manticore pet (1,500 Gratitude)

For a massive amount of Gratitude, you can purchase your very own Manticore!! It just… hasn’t grown its wings or scorpion tail yet. Okay I lied, it's actually an Ocelot, but it's very cute!! This adorable little thing will follow you around the lobbies wherever you go, so you can show off your success and dedication to Athena.
upload_2017-4-13_2-29-12.png

COMMUNITY MAGIC!

Relic Wars will work in a way unlike any other game before it. Instead of being put into an instanced arena with your opponent like in say, Duels, you will be spawned into a giant lobby upon selecting the game via the navigator. Once inside, you click to join the queue, and an opponent will be found from somebody else in the lobby. You will be taken to a public map with between two and fifty other players, adding to both the community experience and overall liveliness of the game, and the difficulty of the Assassin role. Yes, you will actually be able to see other players seeking out and/or hiding from their enemies as you play against your own opponent; there will be up to fifty other people in the same arena as you, playing alongside you!

Important information:

-The Supplicant must be holding the Manticore to be able to earn points. This is to discourage the overuse of items and abilities, and also to deter the Supplicant from trying to fight the Assassin. While this was initially considered, it would give those very skilled in PvP a severely unfair advantage in what is supposed to be a strategical minigame

-The Supplicant cannot duel-wield items

-The Supplicant earns points for every three seconds that they are holding the Manticore

-The number of points received when at the very outskirts of the map will be three per three seconds. The number of points received when at the dead centre of the map will be twenty-eight per three seconds.

-The number of points that one can receive will be capped at 5,000. If a Supplicant reaches 5,000 points, they will automatically win the game

-ARMOUR, WEAPON, AND ENCHANTMENT VALUES NOT SET IN STONE; WILL NEED TO BE TESTED FOR BALANCING PURPOSES. The intended Time to Kill is supposed to be slow, as to give the Supplicant enough time to use all of their given items. No Supplicant should be dying in only a few seconds of the game starting

-Render distance will need to be capped server-side, as to prevent the Assassin from being able to see the Supplicant from across the map. This is supposed to be a hunt, not a chase.

If this gamemode is executed well, then you could have a very popular and enjoyable gamemode on your hands that is both unique and interesting enough to be played hundreds of times over.

Conclusion:
'Relic Wars' is a game inspired by a PvP Activity in another online game that was actively enjoyed for over five years, solely because of the enjoyment that it gave. It focuses on the strategical aspect of PvP, and one's ability to both seek and escape combat. Each game will take place on a large, open server, alongside dozens of other players, so that you can actually see other Supplicants and Assassins running around as you fulfill your own assigned role. The game's rewards are designed to encourage greatly extended play-times to unlock all perks that the minigame has to offer, including increased rewards for each subsequent win, temporary benefits for the next game played, and permanent cosmetic unlocks that are unique to this gamemode's reward shop, such as pets. Lastly, This game offers a very unique experience that is not offered anywhere else on Cubecraft, nor or any other major server that I am aware of for that matter. It offers an experience that should suffice in pleasing almost all types of players, minus builders.

Do you like this idiot’s suggestion? Please leave your opinions below!

Ouch, this took me way longer than I thought it would. Also, if you like this idea, then thank @iLoveYouu for suggesting it. :)

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Sounds like a really cool gamemode, especially knowing how it was to play something similar in another game. I haven't really seen other servers with a game like this so it'd be quite unique for Cubecraft and I really agree with this quote:
If this gamemode is executed well, then you could have a very popular and enjoyable gamemode on your hands that is both unique and interesting enough to be played hundreds of times over.

Reactions: Sophie and Younisco

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
I really love it when members spend a lot of time to write a suggestion! Great work @Snap and @iLoveYouu! :)
Anyways, I have never seen a game before which seems like this one, so it is like an interesting game to play, seems to me.
If this will be added I would definitely play it! :)

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
How much time Did you put in writing this? :p
@Snap
Erm, around 3 hours or so at night and an hour in the morning. Something like that.

This involved planning, writing, researching, and changing / scrapping previous ideas.

For example, Bram and I re-watched old gameplay of the original game from 2008 to find out how many points the relic is supposed to give at certain distances, and at what time said points were given. I also put a lot of thought into the names of each item and perk, considered a story behind the gamemode's existence to make it feel like there's something more at stake when playing, and used both google images and another server to find / create the images used :p A few ideas were also scrapped, for example permanent versions of the aforementioned perks that would be applied to each subsequent game. The original name of the game was also changed from 'Anguish of Athena', as was the story.

This is what happens when I am bored at night but do not want to sleep.

Last edited:

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I guess combining different aspects from different MMOs or different games in general could actually create some original and good games. (Except for a guitar hero ripoff)

Thinking about it. Fist of Guthix isn't the only minigame Runescape provides. Not to mention that many other MMOs do have unique minigames. There are many possibilities that could be implemented to Minecraft. Creating games never seen before. The only problem is the amount of time, effort and dedication someone puts into a project.
If someone put the same effort, as you did on your thread, to develop this game. Then it could actually turn out pretty well.

I like the Baby Manticore allot.
It did give me some kind of inspiration. And I may express it on my Vanity thread soon enough.

Anyway this idea sounds interesting so you have my full support!

Reactions: iLoveYouu

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
=-=Welcome to Relic Wars=-=
View attachment 131993

Hello readers,

My good friend @iLoveYouu gave me a fantastic idea for a new minigame on Cubecraft, and has requested that I put words together until the idea becomes a suggestion. The game is based off of a long deceased minigame from Runescape, formally called 'Fist of Guthix' (Until I gave it a fresh coat of paint and added new items for players of each role to work with). Enjoy :)

But what is Relic Wars?

View attachment 131968

Relic Wars is a PvP minigame based around strategy, anticipation, knowledge, and forethought. The objective is for the "Supplicant" to hold the relic for as long as possible, to earn as many points as they can, before they're inevitably killed by the "Assassin". Once killed, the roles will reverse and the former Supplicant will now become the "Assassin", whose job it is to kill the "Supplicant" before they're able to acquire more points than them.

Lore:

WARNING: Mental story-telling below. Read on with caution, and prepare to cringe!

After the fall of Mount Olympus, Athena raised a faction of supplicants to do her bidding and preserve her legacy against all odds. The Pantheon has fallen and Athena is the last remaining Olympian, as dark forces attempt to kill her and overthrow Olympus.

Far beneath the city of Athens, evil begins to raise its army. The two remaining Gorgons, angered at Athena, have raised their faction in a bid to kill her. Athena, aware of the scenario taking place, has ordered her supplicants to traverse the deepest regions of Athens to locate a relic capable of killing the two otherwise immortal Gorgons. This relic is known as the 'Manticore', and it is capable of performing its holder's very bidding. The Gorgons are also aware of this relic's existence, and have sent forth assassins to locate and kill whichever Supplicant holds the Manticore, to prevent the relic from ever reaching Athena's hands.

View attachment 131969

In Relic Wars, you will play as both a Supplicant, and as an Assassin. As a Supplicant, your job is to equip the Manticore, and hold it for as long as possible. As an Assassin, your job is to kill the Supplicant before they're able to charge the Manticore for too long. Whichever player acquires the most points as a Supplicant, will win the game.

How do I play it?

Player X = Supplicant | Player Y = Assassin

Players X and Y will spawn on opposite sides of a large, circular arena. The goal of player X is to hold and maintain possession of the Manticore for as long as possible, whereas player Y's goal is to kill player X in as quick of a time as possible. When holding the relic, player X will begin to earn points; the closer they are to the center of the map, the more points they will earn per second. Thus, player X must decide whether they wish to sacrifice predictability for points by rushing to the middle, where they'll be easy to see from any part of the map, or if they'd rather stay on the outskirts of the map and be harder to find, yet earn points at a far slower rate. Once player Y has found their target, player X can do a few things to stay alive longer. For example, they may enter buildings containing instant teleport pads that player Y cannot use, or may even teleport to the center of the map once per game. Of course, there will also be food items and potions that can be optimised to help player X hold onto the relic for longer.

Once player Y has killed player X, the latter's score will be displayed to both players, as well as how long they held the relic for. But remember, time held isn't the objective here; your goal is to earn a greater score than your opponent. Thus, once the round has ended, the roles will switch. This time, player X is doing the hunting, whereas player Y will be trying to protect the relic. Once both rounds are complete, the player who acquired the most points as the Supplicant will win the game, and the player who acquired the fewest points will be the loser who failed to protect Athena. For shame, smh...

Inventories

Supplicants:

Manticore (x1)

The Manticore is the key component to the Supplicant's loadout, and is the only non-consumable item; it will take the appearance of a Fire charge. When held, the player will begin to earn a number of points, based on the distance between them and the center of the map.

Cap of Invisibility (x1)

The Cap of Invisibility is a consumable item in the appearance of a leather helmet (unequippable). When held and right-clicked, it will turn the player invisible for eight seconds. Use this to throw your pursuer off your trail, or escape when they begin attacking you. Alternatively, you could use it to safely reside in the middle for a few seconds, allowing you to earn quick and easy points.

Warp (x1)

The Warp will be a consumable item in the appearance of an Eye of Ender. When held and right-clicked, it will warp the user to the center of the map. Use this to either earn quick points, to escape your pursuer, or both. Like the previously discussed item however, you only get one; do not waste it!

Aegis (x1)

The Aegis will be a consumable item in the appearance of a shield with a skull. When held and right-clicked, it will warp the Assassin to the center of the map. Use this to escape your pursuer, or to buy yourself some extra time.

Apple of Discord (x2)

The Apple of Discord will be a consumable item in the appearance of a golden apple. When held and right-clicked, the apple will be instantly consumed, healing the user to maximum health (20 hearts). Use these when on as little amount of health as possible, to ensure that you maximise the benefits that they have to offer.

Note: Supplicants will also be given a full set of Unbreaking X Diamond armour, and will have twenty hearts.

View attachment 131970

Assassins:

Apollo's Bow (x1)

Apollo's Bow is an Unbreaking X, Power II bow. Simple as that - Use it to shoot the Supplicant from afar.

Arrows of sun (x3)

Arrows of Sun are arrows that will burn the target for eight seconds. Use them to damage the Supplicant from afar, and deal significant damage to them over time.

Arrows (x16)

Arrows are arrows. Use them to kill the Supplicant.

Gorgon's Gaze (x1)

Gorgon's Gaze is a consumable item in the appearance of a compass. When held and right-clicked, it will display the direction of the Supplicant for five seconds, before disappearing. Use this to locate the Supplicant once the trail has gone cold, but expect heavy resistance.

Blade of Athens (x1)

The Blade of Athens is an Unbreaking X, Sharpness II diamond sword. Simple as that - Use it to deal damage to the Supplicant up close.

Note: Assassins will also be given a full set of Unbreaking X Diamond armour, and will have twenty hearts.

View attachment 131971

Teleport Temples

Four small temples will exist adjacent from one another around the center of the map, and can be entered only by the Supplicants. Once entered, the Supplicant will become invisible and will be instantly teleported to one of the other temples located around the map. In doing so, the Supplicant will lose a handful of points and will begin to take heavy damage if they remain in said temple for too long. Once a temple has been exited, it cannot be reentered for twenty seconds. Use these temples to escape your pursuer, but do not become too reliant on them. If you do, then before you know it you may have lost all charges that you've acquired.

Rewards

Winner

The player that scores the greatest number of points will be given 100 experience and 30 points. In addition, they will have a 10% chance to earn a cubelet, a 1% chance to receive an Athena hat (see my skin), and a 0.1% chance to receive a Medusa hat. Lastly, you will receive three reward shop points (See below).

Loser (For shame, smh…)

The player that scores the fewest number of points will be given 30 experience, 5 points, and a small chance of receiving a cubelet. Lastly, you will receive one reward shop point.

Reward shop

The Reward Shop will be a system that introduces a new currency earned exclusively in the Relic Wars minigame. This currency will be called ‘Gratitude’, and it can be used to either purchase additional consumables for Relic Wars, or to purchase new cosmetics.

Note: Only one Relic Wars perk may be enabled per character, at one time.

View attachment 131972
Reward shop, separating game-changing perks (top) and cosmetic perks (bottom)

Supplicant rewards

Hatred of Hades perk (Supplicant), (6 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Hatred of Hades’ will give you an additional Invisibility Cap in your next game of Relic Wars.

Underworld’s respite perk (Supplicant), (6 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Underworld’s respite’ will give you a Splash Potion of Darkness in your next game of Relic Wars. This item will last for six seconds.

Pandora’s Plight perk (Supplicant), (6 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Pandora’s Plight’ will reduce the cooldown on entering the Teleportation Temples to fifteen seconds, and will reduce the points lost when one entering by 50%, in your next game of Relic Wars.

Prophesy of Eris perk (Supplicant), (8 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Prophesy of Eris’ will give you an additional Apple of Discord in in your next game of Relic Wars.

Note: Only one Supplicant perk may be equipped at a time.

Assassin rewards

Arrows of Radiance perk (Assassin), (10 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Arrows of Radiance’ will give you an additional six Arrows of Sun in your next game of Relic Wars.

Hallowed Quiver perk (Assassin), (8 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Hallowed Quiver’ will replace ‘Arrows of Sun’ with ‘Hallowed Arrows’ (Spectral Arrows), in your next game of Relic Wars.

Prophesy of Pythia perk (Assassin), (6 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Prophesy of Pythia’ will give you an upgraded Apollo’s Bow (Power III) in your next game of Relic Wars.

Gorgon’s Glare perk (Assassin), (8 Gratitude)

Purchasing ‘Gorgon’s Glare’ will give you an additional Gorgon’s Gaze in your next game of Relic Wars.

Note: Only one Assassin perk may be equipped at a time

Global rewards
Olympian essence (1,200 Gratitude)
Purchasing 'Olympian essence' will give you an additional 30 Experience earned with each subsequent win in Relic Wars.

Underworld's fee (1,200 Gratitude)
Purchasing 'Underworld's fee' will give you an additional 10 points earned with each subsequent win in Relic Wars.

Gambler's sanction (1,000 Gratitude)
Purchasing 'Gambler's sanction' will give you a slightly increased change of receiving a cubelet with each subsequent win in Relic Wars.

Cosmetic rewards

Athena hat (600 Gratitude)

Medusa hat (600 Gratitude)

Manticore gadget (300 Gratitude)

This gorgeous gadget will allow you to summon a circle of Ocelots from the sky, around you.

Baby Manticore pet (1,500 Gratitude)

For a massive amount of Gratitude, you can purchase your very own Manticore!! It just… hasn’t grown its wings or scorpion tail yet. Okay I lied, it's actually an Ocelot, but it's very cute!! This adorable little thing will follow you around the lobbies wherever you go, so you can show off your success and dedication to Athena.
View attachment 131973

COMMUNITY MAGIC!

Relic Wars will work in a way unlike any other game before it. Instead of being put into an instanced arena with your opponent like in say, Duels, you will be spawned into a giant lobby upon selecting the game via the navigator. Once inside, you click to join the queue, and an opponent will be found from somebody else in the lobby. You will be taken to a public map with between two and fifty other players, adding to both the community experience and overall liveliness of the game, and the difficulty of the Assassin role. Yes, you will actually be able to see other players seeking out and/or hiding from their enemies as you play against your own opponent; there will be up to fifty other people in the same arena as you, playing alongside you!

Important information:

-The Supplicant must be holding the Manticore to be able to earn points. This is to discourage the overuse of items and abilities, and also to deter the Supplicant from trying to fight the Assassin. While this was initially considered, it would give those very skilled in PvP a severely unfair advantage in what is supposed to be a strategical minigame

-The Supplicant cannot duel-wield items

-The Supplicant earns points for every three seconds that they are holding the Manticore

-The number of points received when at the very outskirts of the map will be three per three seconds. The number of points received when at the dead centre of the map will be twenty-eight per three seconds.

-The number of points that one can receive will be capped at 5,000. If a Supplicant reaches 5,000 points, they will automatically win the game

-ARMOUR, WEAPON, AND ENCHANTMENT VALUES NOT SET IN STONE; WILL NEED TO BE TESTED FOR BALANCING PURPOSES. The intended Time to Kill is supposed to be slow, as to give the Supplicant enough time to use all of their given items. No Supplicant should be dying in only a few seconds of the game starting

-Render distance will need to be capped server-side, as to prevent the Assassin from being able to see the Supplicant from across the map. This is supposed to be a hunt, not a chase.

Conclusion:
'Relic Wars' is a game inspired by a PvP Activity in another online game that was actively enjoyed for over five years, solely because of the enjoyment that it gave. It focuses on the strategical aspect of PvP, and one's ability to both seek and escape combat. Each game will take place on a large, open server, alongside dozens of other players, so that you can actually see other Supplicants and Assassins running around as you fulfill your own assigned role. The game's rewards are designed to encourage greatly extended play-times to unlock all perks that the minigame has to offer, including increased rewards for each subsequent win, temporary benefits for the next game played, and permanent cosmetic unlocks that are unique to this gamemode's reward shop, such as pets. Lastly, This game offers a very unique experience that is not offered anywhere else on Cubecraft, nor or any other major server that I am aware of for that matter. It offers an experience that should suffice in pleasing almost all types of players, minus builders.

Do you like this idiot’s suggestion? Please leave your opinions below!

Ouch, this took me way longer than I thought it would. Also, if you like this idea, then thank @iLoveYouu for suggesting it. :)
This Is Oddly Specific

Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
Top Bottom