Novice Member
Sep 27, 2020
Canada
Pronouns
He/Him
B01F8D22-39CB-4615-8504-020D4E0DB93E.jpeg

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
a new game wouldnt happen, new cosmetics wouldnt happen, and a better anticheat wouldnt happen. dropping support to older versions makes it so you cant use a hack client on an older version on cubecraft, causing less hackers on the server. dropping support should also speed up updates because theres less versions to tweak for.
- "dropping support to older versions makes it so you cant use a hack client" - this was already debunked by a staff member.

- "dropping support should also speed up updates because theres less versions to tweak for" - There no thing such as "tweak", they dont have to tweak updates for different versions.

• Unsure
Reactions: Matriox

Felinesheep1982

Novice Member
May 5, 2020
- "dropping support to older versions makes it so you cant use a hack client" - this was already debunked by a staff member.

- "dropping support should also speed up updates because theres less versions to tweak for" - There no thing such as "tweak", they dont have to tweak updates for different versions.
' "dropping support to older versions makes it so you cant use a hack client" ' a quote is called a quote because its exactly the way the other person said it, not changing the meaning ;)

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
Actually, they do. They need to make sure that new games run on every version that's you can currently join with which can make game development harder(and was also the reason they dropped support in the first place)
That's wierd because I'm still able to join the game through the use of a glitch. Why am I still able to join CC on 1.16.20

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020

This is my FPS on 1.16.201, with smooth lighting, view bobbing, and fancy graphics etc turned off.

(The recording dosent show it as bad, look at the top left corner where theres the fps counter from onix)

Constantly at 10-15fps

Last edited:

Felinesheep1982

Novice Member
May 5, 2020

This is my FPS on 1.16.201, with smooth lighting, view bobbing, and fancy graphics etc turned off.

(The recording dosent show it as bad, look at the top left corner where theres the fps counter from onix)

Constantly at 10-15fps
what did you use to get the fps counter, what other stuff do you have open, and how much anti aliasing

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
what did you use to get the fps counter, what other stuff do you have open, and how much anti aliasing
Onix client, no background apps, and the lowest possible anti aliasing, 1. + render distance set to 8, which is the lowest possible on my PC.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
MODS DONT LOCK THIS THREAD EVEN IF IT GETS FORWARDED AND DENIED, WE CLEARLY WIN THIS TIME, people still want to share their opinions
One thing I've noticed with this thread is how people keep saying "we win". This isn't a battle, it's feedback.
Have you ever think about the mobile players with bad fps? Do you really think playing in 3 fps is acceptable?
Well yes, I am one. (I'll admit I do not play on PC, so it could be more of an issue there). I am on the latest version of Bedrock on my iPhone 12 and it runs great. I haven't experienced any issues listed in the thread. I know this could be due to me having a nice phone, so I tried on an iPhone 7, same results. No lag and the frames were smooth.
Onix client, no background apps, and the lowest possible anti aliasing, 1. + render distance set to 8, which is the lowest possible on my PC.
1 note, you're not on vanilla so I don't think this is a true comparison.

Before someone makes a toxic comment or something, this is just based on MY OPINIONS AND EXPERIENCES. What I say doesn't represent CubeCraft or even affect the decision.

Felinesheep1982

Novice Member
May 5, 2020
onix client reduces fps because unlike java clients, bedrock clients dont increase fps but use more resources for the clients features

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey everyone, sorry for the silence on our part here. As you may understand, we did not decide this lightly.

As a TL;DR for this entire post, we will be reinstating support for 1.16.100+. We understand that you all made many points in the replies to this thread that have caused lots of tension between everyone in the community, so we'd like to touch upon our thoughts behind this decision.

Supporting a myriad of versions on Bedrock leads to a large amount of technical debt on our side. This technical debt means maintaining support for these versions in our entire codebase while working around unexpected quirks that are less than ideal, mainly in our anticheat department. Continuing support for these will only lead to even larger amounts of technical debt.

We're sure those on 1.16.40 have sometimes seen navigation items not showing up in your inventory or other random issues on any versions from 1.16.0-1.16.40. After analysing the protocol connection data for our Bedrock network, we noticed that a relatively small amount of connections accounted for 1.16.0-1.16.200, so we thought it would be okay to drop as it represented a fraction of our player base. The majority of these issues were centred around 1.16.0-1.16.40, and as 1.16.100-1.16.200 accounted for less than 1% of our player base, we decided to drop it too.

We're sorry for not informing you, the community, about this. In no way did we want to seem like this was a corporate decision or never consult our community over this. We had thought this was a harmless decision to make for a version that is a year old. However, this was an oversight on our part, and we apologise for this.

We'll be in contact when we feel it is necessary to drop these versions. However, for now, we will support any versions 1.16.100 and above. We cannot continue to support versions 1.16-1.16.40 due to creative endeavours alongside the aforementioned quirks in our network. We hope that reintroducing 1.16.100+ support is a fair compromise to our amazing community, and we hope that this explains our decisions.

Felinesheep1982

Novice Member
May 5, 2020
@juliusvdl you disagreed with how people with high end pcs dont get frame issues. are you one of them, know someone, or just disagreeing with it because you voted yes and i voted no.

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020

(Younisco debunked both points made here)

Reactions: Matriox
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom