Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
Another potential issue I see would be Microsoft. I am not 100% sure on this, so please don't quote me on this and do correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Microsoft didn't allow any religion-related items on the marketplace or on featured servers, which already voids this idea.
Didn't we just have the Lunar Event? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it heavily based around culture/religion?

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
Alright so what I have learnt from people’s comments is that they want cubecraft to focus more on the 1.19 update but they still somehow focus on stuff like Christmas, Halloween, Easter and lunar… so my conclusion is we should remove every event in this server becuase they MIGHT have some kind of “religious background” and let cubecraft do there thing by focusing on the 1.19 update.

Some people wanted this to be fair so this is the only option 😭
Also it’s really sad that some people are using alts to prove there point…

• Sad
Reactions: Reesle

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Nooooo whyyyyyy! I was having fun reading these
Same lol

Didn't we just have the Lunar Event? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it heavily based around culture/religion?
That’s true. But not as much as Ramadan is, in my opinion.

Alright so what I have learnt from people’s comments is that they want cubecraft to focus more on the 1.19 update but they still somehow focus on stuff like Christmas, Halloween, Easter and lunar… so my conclusion is we should remove every event in this server becuase they MIGHT have some kind of “religious background” and let cubecraft do there thing by focusing on the 1.19 update.

Some people wanted this to be fair so this is the only option 😭
Also it’s really sad that some people are using alts to prove there point…
I didn’t even know anybody was using alts. That’s kinda pathetic tbh.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
The Lunar event comes from Lunar new year. It’s the beginning of the year in a different calendar system. Culture sure, but everything is based on culture or location then. Even winter and spring aren’t globally the same.

I’d also like to add that constantly saying “but what about x” isn’t getting us anywhere with this. It’s besides the point, apparently Microsoft did allow those. Nor, should you try and take away current events because your own event/theme isn’t allowed by a third party. Be happy you get to enjoy the themes we’re currently (able to) offer(ing).

Also, the obvious has to be said. Halloween is not a religious event (anymore). It might have had some connection in the past, but in the current day it is really not. It’s about getting candy, and dressing up like scary creatures. It probably predates the connections to the bigger religions of today anyhow.

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
Also, the obvious has to be said. Halloween is not a religious event (anymore). It might have had some connection in the past, but in the current day it is really not. It’s about getting candy, and dressing up like scary creatures. It probably predates the connections to the bigger religions of today anyhow.
As you said about Halloween, Ramadan is about being kind and thinking about the poor, same thing said.

• Disagree
Reactions: SoloWarz and Reesle

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
The Lunar event comes from Lunar new year. It’s the beginning of the year in a different calendar system. Culture sure, but everything is based on culture or location then. Even winter and spring aren’t globally the same.

I’d also like to add that constantly saying “but what about x” isn’t getting us anywhere with this. It’s besides the point, apparently Microsoft did allow those. Nor, should you try and take away current events because your own event/theme isn’t allowed by a third party. Be happy you get to enjoy the themes we’re currently (able to) offer(ing).

Alright, I wasn't tryna argue. I was curious how that was allowed as it seems "more cultural" than Halloween, Christmas e,t,c

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I'll try to do my best to clear up some thoughts on this concept and illustrate where we stand on the suggestion.

Religion has been a massive part of human history to the point that most events you can think of that takes place in the real world are based on religion, or at least were. I'd be surprised if you could think of one that isn't.

Religious topics are very complicated as they may contradict each other and thus lead to verbal conflict when they are brought up. Minecraft wants to be a global game that appeals to all without outside forces pushing it, so it makes sense to try to avoid the topic and we generally agree.

However in modern-day humanity, these events are slowly becoming more general celebrations, Christmas has become a fairly common holiday that is celebrated by many non-religious groups.

Easter has also lost its religious elements and so it's now doable as an event. Halloween & Lunar too.

I'd say we can do any that have shifted in such a way that it wouldn't challenge anyone's views or faith as everyone is entitled to their own view and opinion.

If it brings an amazingly creative vibe/ideas to the table, incites positive themes like the others and isn't as religious as it once was then we will strongly consider doing it.

We have expressed interest in doing 'Carnival' & 'Day of the Dead' for this reason.

For Ramadan, we'd need to do more research, nobody on the server team currently is knowledgeable on the subject but I wouldn't want to rule it out entirely yet as we know it's important to many.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Hey!

First of all, before you read further, I just wanna say I have no bad intentions at all with what I'm about to say. Please don't take it that way, I do very much understand where the suggestion is coming from and my reply isn't directed at this event specifically. I'm sorry if it does seem this way, I assure you it's not!

While this idea is definitely good and thought out, I'm a bit afraid on where to draw the line when implementing this. Why should we do a Ramadan event, but not important events on the calenders of other religions? That doesn't feel like inclusion or creating awareness to me, but rather exclusion of any other important events from other religions.

The solution to the above would be to just have at least event for every religion, but I - harshly said - think that there aren't enough dev resources atm to make this worth it.

Another potential issue I see would be Microsoft. I am not 100% sure on this, so please don't quote me on this and do correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Microsoft didn't allow any religion-related items on the marketplace or on featured servers, which already voids this idea.

Again, please don't take this as an attack on any religion - I'm sorry if it does seem that way :]
If the Christmas and Easter updates needed to be renamed due to religious reasons to Winter and Spring updates respectively, then obviously something like this is completely out of place.

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
Because there are other religions and cultures that represent similar values, and if they integrate one, then everyone is going to want they’re own beliefs there too, which would hugely bog down Cubecraft.
I respect your opinion but I won’t reply to it because im not in the mood to.

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
I respect your opinion but I won’t reply to it because im not in the mood to.
That’s ok lol.
But to further prove my earlier point, for example, Christianity. To my knowledge, that belief teaches to be nice to others, be generous, to not lie, steal, cheat, etc.
And I’m sure there are other beliefs that teach similar things as well, but it would be impossible for Cubecraft to implement them all.

Last edited:
Reactions: legendaryfox977

SoloWarz

Forum Expert
Sep 18, 2021
Amman, Jordan
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
This is a great idea and can be surely implemented on the CubeCraft network.
I see that people say this is "religious". I know, Microsoft doesn't like religious stuff, but fasting is a thing for Muslims, Christians, and Jewish people. It's not a big deal and it can have some themes like a moon which is a thing in the space that orbits around the earth or something like a lantern like in lunar event.
Hey Youseef,

The overall idea seems cool, and I'm sure lots would enjoy it, but I'm going to agree with @Keanu on this one. Religion can be a very controversial topic, and having an event favored towards one religion may upset people who believe in other religions.

For example, the leading religion worldwide is Christianity, making up over 2.2 billion people, and all other religions make up 45.5% of the population (not including Christianity and Islam).

Going off these statistics, this could potentially make a lot of players upset, since back in early 2020, CubeCraft removed the Church in FFA's "Canals map," due to it being too controversial. It would be very unfair if one religion was taken down, but the other was promoted. That would be the opposite of inclusion. Cubecraft is a non-biased, neutral server meant for having fun with friends. This should be a minecraft server, not a place to spread religion.

Thanks
~ Pat

1677381870452.png

So yeah i guess this should be worked on. I agree.

posingwater

Novice Member
Jun 18, 2021
Ramadan could be seen as nights and lanterns only and the challenge of not eating from dusk to down to help stay in shape. Ramadan doesn't have to be religious too!
I'm pretty sure the reason you fast is not because u have to stay in shape. It's for you to be reminded of the less fortunate, and see how good you have things in your life.

Dreemurr64

Sep 19, 2020
Muslim here,

While I agree that all these ideas are cool, I highly suggest that you do not add mosque-like architectures since it could be griefed by other players and may cause controversy throughout arabian social media circles, however, the iftar tables are an amazing idea!!

I am so excited to get that lantern cage aswel

• Unsure

k502ksa

Jul 22, 2022
Dear CubeCraft community,

I am writing to propose an idea for a Ramadan event on the CubeCraft server network. As you may know, Ramadan is an important month in the Islamic calendar, and is observed by millions of people around the world. I believe that adding a Ramadan event to CubeCraft would not only be a fun and engaging experience for players, but also promote cultural awareness and understanding among the community.

For those who may not be familiar, Ramadan is a month-long period of fasting, prayer, and reflection for Muslims. During this time, it is customary to break the fast with a meal called iftar, and engage in acts of charity and kindness. These themes could be incorporated into the CubeCraft event in various ways.

Here are some potential features that could be added to the game for the Ramadan event:

• Win effects: These could include fireworks or other celebratory effects that appear when a player wins a game.
  • Maps: CubeCraft could create new maps or modify existing ones to include Ramadan-themed elements, such as iftar tables, mosque architecture, or traditional lanterns.
  • Skin packs: Custom skins could be designed that feature traditional clothing worn during Ramadan, such as the thobe or hijab.
  • Particles: Ramadan-inspired particle effects, such as the crescent moon, could be added to the game.
In addition, there are several popular symbols associated with Ramadan that could be incorporated into the CubeCraft event. Some examples include:

• The crescent moon: This symbol is often used to represent the beginning and end of Ramadan, and could be incorporated into win effects or map design.
  • Lanterns: These are often used to decorate homes and public spaces during Ramadan, and could be included in map design or as a win effect.
  • Calligraphy: Arabic calligraphy is a common art form in Islamic cultures, and could be featured in various elements of the event.
I believe that adding a Ramadan event to CubeCraft would be a great way to celebrate diversity and inclusivity in the community. I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this proposal, and I hope that the CubeCraft team will consider adding this event in the future.

.Thank you for your time
yes please cube craft

• Disagree

Dreemurr64

Sep 19, 2020
After a second review on this event plan, it is highly recommended that you scrap it off entirely

The month of Ramadan is a completely religious celebration, and not just a cultural thing.
Since microsoft does not allow religious content, this event should be scrapped off entirely, just because you don't consider Halloween to be a religious event, that does not apply for Ramadan as well, if you don't want to lose MS's trust then it's better to cancel this event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom