Not open for further replies.

Youseef Al-Rifai

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Sep 21, 2022
Iraq
www.youtube.com
Dear CubeCraft community,

I am writing to propose an idea for a Ramadan event on the CubeCraft server network. As you may know, Ramadan is an important month in the Islamic calendar, and is observed by millions of people around the world. I believe that adding a Ramadan event to CubeCraft would not only be a fun and engaging experience for players, but also promote cultural awareness and understanding among the community.

For those who may not be familiar, Ramadan is a month-long period of fasting, prayer, and reflection for Muslims. During this time, it is customary to break the fast with a meal called iftar, and engage in acts of charity and kindness. These themes could be incorporated into the CubeCraft event in various ways.

Here are some potential features that could be added to the game for the Ramadan event:

• Win effects: These could include fireworks or other celebratory effects that appear when a player wins a game.
  • Maps: CubeCraft could create new maps or modify existing ones to include Ramadan-themed elements, such as iftar tables, mosque architecture, or traditional lanterns.
  • Skin packs: Custom skins could be designed that feature traditional clothing worn during Ramadan, such as the thobe or hijab.
  • Particles: Ramadan-inspired particle effects, such as the crescent moon, could be added to the game.
In addition, there are several popular symbols associated with Ramadan that could be incorporated into the CubeCraft event. Some examples include:

• The crescent moon: This symbol is often used to represent the beginning and end of Ramadan, and could be incorporated into win effects or map design.
  • Lanterns: These are often used to decorate homes and public spaces during Ramadan, and could be included in map design or as a win effect.
  • Calligraphy: Arabic calligraphy is a common art form in Islamic cultures, and could be featured in various elements of the event.
I believe that adding a Ramadan event to CubeCraft would be a great way to celebrate diversity and inclusivity in the community. I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this proposal, and I hope that the CubeCraft team will consider adding this event in the future.

.Thank you for your time

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Hey!

First of all, before you read further, I just wanna say I have no bad intentions at all with what I'm about to say. Please don't take it that way, I do very much understand where the suggestion is coming from and my reply isn't directed at this event specifically. I'm sorry if it does seem this way, I assure you it's not!

While this idea is definitely good and thought out, I'm a bit afraid on where to draw the line when implementing this. Why should we do a Ramadan event, but not important events on the calenders of other religions? That doesn't feel like inclusion or creating awareness to me, but rather exclusion of any other important events from other religions.

The solution to the above would be to just have at least event for every religion, but I - harshly said - think that there aren't enough dev resources atm to make this worth it.

Another potential issue I see would be Microsoft. I am not 100% sure on this, so please don't quote me on this and do correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Microsoft didn't allow any religion-related items on the marketplace or on featured servers, which already voids this idea.

Again, please don't take this as an attack on any religion - I'm sorry if it does seem that way :]

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey Youseef,

The overall idea seems cool, and I'm sure lots would enjoy it, but I'm going to agree with @Keanu on this one. Religion can be a very controversial topic, and having an event favored towards one religion may upset people who believe in other religions.

For example, the leading religion worldwide is Christianity, making up over 2.2 billion people, and all other religions make up 45.5% of the population (not including Christianity and Islam).

Going off these statistics, this could potentially make a lot of players upset, since back in early 2020, CubeCraft removed the Church in FFA's "Canals map," due to it being too controversial. It would be very unfair if one religion was taken down, but the other was promoted. That would be the opposite of inclusion. Cubecraft is a non-biased, neutral server meant for having fun with friends. This should be a minecraft server, not a place to spread religion.

Thanks
~ Pat

1676927194094.png

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
The crescent moon: This symbol is often used to represent the beginning and end of Ramadan, and could be incorporated into win effects or map design.
A definite HARD no on this because;

Another potential issue I see would be Microsoft. I am not 100% sure on this, so please don't quote me on this and do correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Microsoft didn't allow any religion-related items on the marketplace or on featured servers, which already voids this idea.

When I was building on the Halloween map Skeleton for BlockWars Bridges, I literally could not even have the gravestones in the shape of a cross because Microsoft would likely consider it as a religious symbol, so I had to work around it by creating a hole in the middle of the cross.

afbeelding_2023-02-20_234125817.png

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
I think that it would be cool if we could have the “Ramadan event” into the game, this could help cubecraft economically by players buying some bundles and people understanding the meaning of kindness and staying calm (I agree :agree:).

For those who might disagree:

We have some events in this server that only some religions celebrate such as Christmas, Easter, ect…

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
We have some events in this server that only some religions celebrate such as Christmas, Easter, ect…
Yes, but Christmas can also be for presents and Santa Claus, not just celebrating Jesus' birthday. I haven't seen anything religious around the lobbies. Same with the spring update.

Aug 25, 2021
A moon crescent and some lanterns won’t do any harm…
I dont think hes saying the props will be harmful lol.

I think he means Christmas can be celebrated by everyone for many different reasons, some people may not even be religious. I know atheists who celebrate Christmas because they like getting presents, or caroling or going to christmas events

but i dont think there is much going on during ramadan except for fasting and reflecting. it doesnt sound too fun to me, what would the games be? i dont think it really is necessary to have an event on this

I would rather have them work on updates to make the server a better place, like bug fixes, new gamemodes, and new bundles or loot

Reactions: Reesle

sa2av

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Feb 21, 2023

I am writing to propose an idea for a Ramadan event on the CubeCraft server network. As you may know, Ramadan is an important month in the Islamic calendar, and is observed by millions of people around the world. I believe that adding a Ramadan event to CubeCraft would not only be a fun and engaging experience for players, but also promote cultural awareness and understanding among the community.

For those who may not be familiar, Ramadan is a month-long period of fasting, prayer, and reflection for Muslims. During this time, it is customary to break the fast with a meal called iftar, and engage in acts of charity and kindness. These themes could be incorporated into the CubeCraft event in various ways.

Here are some potential features that could be added to the game for the Ramadan event:

• Win effects: These could include fireworks or other celebratory effects that appear when a player wins a game.
  • Maps: CubeCraft could create new maps or modify existing ones to include Ramadan-themed elements, such as iftar tables, mosque architecture, or traditional lanterns.
  • Skin packs: Custom skins could be designed that feature traditional clothing worn during Ramadan, such as the thobe or hijab.
  • Particles: Ramadan-inspired particle effects, such as the crescent moon, could be added to the game.
In addition, there are several popular symbols associated with Ramadan that could be incorporated into the CubeCraft event. Some examples include:

• The crescent moon: This symbol is often used to represent the beginning and end of Ramadan, and could be incorporated into win effects or map design.
  • Lanterns: These are often used to decorate homes and public spaces during Ramadan, and could be included in map design or as a win effect.
  • Calligraphy: Arabic calligraphy is a common art form in Islamic cultures, and could be featured in various elements of the event.
I believe that adding a Ramadan event to CubeCraft would be a great way to celebrate diversity and inclusivity in the community. I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this proposal, and I hope that the CubeCraft team will consider adding this event in the future.

.Thank you for your time
yes please

Reactions: GlowGamerKSA

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
A definite HARD no on this because;

When I was building on the Halloween map Skeleton for BlockWars Bridges, I literally could not even have the gravestones in the shape of a cross because Microsoft would likely consider it as a religious symbol, so I had to work around it by creating a hole in the middle of the cross.

View attachment 218256
Shoutout to the guy who reacted to me posting a literal fact, with the disagree reaction lol

q7sa

Feb 12, 2021
Isn't "Easter Egg" a religious holiday?

This is such a bad suggestion lmao
1. Microsoft doesnt want it
2. If islam gets a special event every religion should have
3. It'll have more negative effects than positive
4. Minecraft is a non- religious game and it should stay that way

Why is this suggestion being agreed? ☠️☠️☠️
Christianity has many holidays that are celebrated through CubeCraft.
So why not Islam?
also, why don't you apply all the points you said (Excluding the Microsoft part) to Easter Egg, Christmas, and Halloween?
Many games, have added simple icons to Ramadan, and guess what? their other religions didn't do anything and just accepted it.
I'm not saying that CC devs are supposed to compete with significant game companies' powers, I'm just saying that as controversial as it may seem.
as for why other religions get their own event. If this religion is a big part of CC community then why not? this post (in my opinion) hasn't got enough support from its community to prove its eligibility to be considered as a big part, but if it did in a short time, then why not?

.Thank you for your time
I think adding mosques and other major things listed like skin packs is a bit overkill for religious.
But maybe some lantern particles or other listed things would seem normal to other players playing CubeCraft without knowing what is Ramadan.

Mivke

Forum Expert
Sep 10, 2018
Rotterdam
www.youtube.com
So why not Islam?
also, why don't you apply all the points you said (Excluding the Microsoft part) to Easter Egg, Christmas, and Halloween?
Many games, have added simple icons to Ramadan, and guess what? their other religions didn't do anything and just accepted it.
I'm not saying that CC devs are supposed to compete with significant game companies' powers, I'm just saying that as controversial as it may seem.
as for why other religions get their own event. If this religion is a big part of CC community then why not? this post (in my opinion) hasn't got enough support from its community to prove its eligibility to be considered as a big part, but if it did in a short time, then why not?
We dont have ''Easter egg'' we have Spring. We dont have ''Christmas'' we have Winter. And halloween has nothing to do with religion. We used to have easter and christmas etc but Microsoft disallowed that.

Youseef Al-Rifai

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Sep 21, 2022
Iraq
www.youtube.com
So why not Islam?
Anything related to Ramadan is okay.
I may got a bit carried away with the "possible" additions, but I see adding particles or other minor things as a potential solution to the "other religions" problem.

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
M
This is such a bad suggestion lmao
1. Microsoft doesnt want it
2. If islam gets a special event every religion should have
3. It'll have more negative effects than positive
4. Minecraft is a non- religious game and it should stay that way

Why is this suggestion being agreed? ☠️☠️☠️
Cubecraft is an international server so there is no main religion in this server, as I and some people said some agree that they should add lantern particles and a crescent moon which won’t do any harm… if we all agree that we don’t want cubecraft to be religious in any kind they should remove every other event that is releated to anything. In the end we are all living in the same planet lmao 😂

• Disagree
Reactions: Reesle
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom