Back in 2021, I made a suggestion asking whether something like Pixelmon should be added to CubeCraft Bedrock. It wasn't very detailed at the time, so I wanted to revisit the general idea and explain how I think a mode inspired by Pixelmon could actually work on CubeCraft.
The basic idea would be an adventure/progression game mode focused on collecting creatures, battling, exploring different areas and progressing through challenges. Rather than simply trying to recreate the Pixelmon mod, I think CubeCraft could make its own version designed specifically around the server.
Players could start with a choice of a few creatures and then explore different areas to discover and collect more. Different areas could contain different creatures and difficulties, giving players a reason to continue exploring and progressing.
There could also be PvE battles, bosses or challenges that reward players with items, currency, experience or rarer creatures. Players who prefer PvP could potentially battle each other as well, although I think this should be optional rather than the main focus of the game.
Progression could include things such as:
Obviously, using Pokémon directly could create licensing/copyright issues, so this doesn't necessarily have to literally be Pokémon or Pixelmon. CubeCraft could instead create its own creatures, names and designs while keeping the creature-collecting and battling concept.
I'm interested to know what other people think and what you would add or change about the idea.
The basic idea would be an adventure/progression game mode focused on collecting creatures, battling, exploring different areas and progressing through challenges. Rather than simply trying to recreate the Pixelmon mod, I think CubeCraft could make its own version designed specifically around the server.
Players could start with a choice of a few creatures and then explore different areas to discover and collect more. Different areas could contain different creatures and difficulties, giving players a reason to continue exploring and progressing.
There could also be PvE battles, bosses or challenges that reward players with items, currency, experience or rarer creatures. Players who prefer PvP could potentially battle each other as well, although I think this should be optional rather than the main focus of the game.
Progression could include things such as:
- Collecting and upgrading creatures
- Unlocking new areas
- Completing quests or challenges
- Fighting bosses
- Trading with other players
- Completing a collection/index
- Cosmetic rewards and achievements
Obviously, using Pokémon directly could create licensing/copyright issues, so this doesn't necessarily have to literally be Pokémon or Pixelmon. CubeCraft could instead create its own creatures, names and designs while keeping the creature-collecting and battling concept.
I'm interested to know what other people think and what you would add or change about the idea.