Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Dear CubeCraft community,

I am writing to propose an idea for a Ramadan event on the CubeCraft server network. As you may know, Ramadan is an important month in the Islamic calendar, and is observed by millions of people around the world. I believe that adding a Ramadan event to CubeCraft would not only be a fun and engaging experience for players, but also promote cultural awareness and understanding among the community.

For those who may not be familiar, Ramadan is a month-long period of fasting, prayer, and reflection for Muslims. During this time, it is customary to break the fast with a meal called iftar, and engage in acts of charity and kindness. These themes could be incorporated into the CubeCraft event in various ways.

Here are some potential features that could be added to the game for the Ramadan event:

• Win effects: These could include fireworks or other celebratory effects that appear when a player wins a game.
  • Maps: CubeCraft could create new maps or modify existing ones to include Ramadan-themed elements, such as iftar tables, mosque architecture, or traditional lanterns.
  • Skin packs: Custom skins could be designed that feature traditional clothing worn during Ramadan, such as the thobe or hijab.
  • Particles: Ramadan-inspired particle effects, such as the crescent moon, could be added to the game.
In addition, there are several popular symbols associated with Ramadan that could be incorporated into the CubeCraft event. Some examples include:

• The crescent moon: This symbol is often used to represent the beginning and end of Ramadan, and could be incorporated into win effects or map design.
  • Lanterns: These are often used to decorate homes and public spaces during Ramadan, and could be included in map design or as a win effect.
  • Calligraphy: Arabic calligraphy is a common art form in Islamic cultures, and could be featured in various elements of the event.
I believe that adding a Ramadan event to CubeCraft would be a great way to celebrate diversity and inclusivity in the community. I would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this proposal, and I hope that the CubeCraft team will consider adding this event in the future.

.Thank you for your time
I disagree for 3 main reasons.
1 : If Cubecraft did it for Ramadan, then everybody else would want their traditions implemented.
2 : Cubecraft is already run down with important updates (such as 1.19, party event, private games, etc).
3 : Implementing this would violate they’re server rules (2.1) about not discussing controversial topics (religion and politics).

Reactions: WiggedWigg

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Hey!

First of all, before you read further, I just wanna say I have no bad intentions at all with what I'm about to say. Please don't take it that way, I do very much understand where the suggestion is coming from and my reply isn't directed at this event specifically. I'm sorry if it does seem this way, I assure you it's not!

While this idea is definitely good and thought out, I'm a bit afraid on where to draw the line when implementing this. Why should we do a Ramadan event, but not important events on the calenders of other religions? That doesn't feel like inclusion or creating awareness to me, but rather exclusion of any other important events from other religions.

The solution to the above would be to just have at least event for every religion, but I - harshly said - think that there aren't enough dev resources atm to make this worth it.

Another potential issue I see would be Microsoft. I am not 100% sure on this, so please don't quote me on this and do correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Microsoft didn't allow any religion-related items on the marketplace or on featured servers, which already voids this idea.

Again, please don't take this as an attack on any religion - I'm sorry if it does seem that way :]
Well put!

Reactions: Keanu
Aug 25, 2021
Isn't "Easter Egg" a religious holiday?
We have some events in this server that only some religions celebrate such as Christmas, Easter, ect…
Christianity has many holidays that are celebrated through CubeCraft.
Y'all are spitting out false information. Its not the Easter and Christmas update, its the Winter and Spring updates. There is no easter bunny on the server, it's just a regular bunny for spring. Snowmen and snow have LITERALLY noting to do with religion. idk what yall are on but before you start an argument, give facts not false opinions thanks

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Yes, but Christmas can also be for presents and Santa Claus, not just celebrating Jesus' birthday. I haven't seen anything religious around the lobbies. Same with the spring update.
I dont think hes saying the props will be harmful lol.

I think he means Christmas can be celebrated by everyone for many different reasons, some people may not even be religious. I know atheists who celebrate Christmas because they like getting presents, or caroling or going to christmas events

but i dont think there is much going on during ramadan except for fasting and reflecting. it doesnt sound too fun to me, what would the games be? i dont think it really is necessary to have an event on this

I would rather have them work on updates to make the server a better place, like bug fixes, new gamemodes, and new bundles or loot
All of my friends are atheists yet they still celebrate Christmas.

Aug 25, 2021
All of my friends are atheists yet they still celebrate Christmas.
Exactly, Christmas doesn't have to be religious. And the update isn't even focused on Christmas. It is focused on winter and snow. These people who agreed on this don't know what they are talking about

• Agree
Reactions: Reesle

q7sa

Feb 12, 2021
Hey!

First of all, before you read further, I just wanna say I have no bad intentions at all with what I'm about to say. Please don't take it that way, I do very much understand where the suggestion is coming from and my reply isn't directed at this event specifically. I'm sorry if it does seem this way, I assure you it's not!

While this idea is definitely good and thought out, I'm a bit afraid on where to draw the line when implementing this. Why should we do a Ramadan event, but not important events on the calenders of other religions? That doesn't feel like inclusion or creating awareness to me, but rather exclusion of any other important events from other religions.

The solution to the above would be to just have at least event for every religion, but I - harshly said - think that there aren't enough dev resources atm to make this worth it.

Another potential issue I see would be Microsoft. I am not 100% sure on this, so please don't quote me on this and do correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Microsoft didn't allow any religion-related items on the marketplace or on featured servers, which already voids this idea.

Again, please don't take this as an attack on any religion - I'm sorry if it does seem that way :]
Making an event for every religion is ridiculous. I think it should depend on how large the targeted community is.
So, as the proposal state, the Arabian player base for CubeCraft is growing enough to maybe have an event based on how large the player base of that community is.
I do see adding some particles and win effect or just lanterns as fair for the community mentioned, Al-Rifai did mention that maybe adding mosques and other major religious signs is overkill, but some icons like the lanterns and the crescent moon could be just typical design or a theme.
As for the Microsoft issue, based on my search, Easter Egg, Christmas, and Halloween are also religious holiday that is being celebrated in CubeCraft and other Minecraft partners.
Someone said that CC celebrates these holidays under different names like "Winter" for Christmas and "Spring" for Easter Egg, which shouldn't be hard to replicate in the name of Ramadan.

I still see doing an entire event for Ramadan as overkill for the targeted community, but maybe some win effects and lanterns (in general, additions that could be understood by the Islamic community and not noticed by others or seen as normal design themes.) is not harmful and could help the growing player base to feel noticed and not overlooked.

Last edited:

q7sa

Feb 12, 2021
Y'all are spitting out false information. Its not the Easter and Christmas update, its the Winter and Spring updates. There is no easter bunny on the server, it's just a regular bunny for spring. Snowmen and snow have LITERALLY noting to do with religion. idk what yall are on but before you start an argument, give facts not false opinions thanks
Why not the same with a crescent moon or lanterns?

Aug 25, 2021
Making an event for every religion is ridiculous. I think it should depend on how large the targeted community is.
So, as the proposal state, the Arabian player base for CubeCraft is growing enough to maybe have an event based on how large the player base of that community is.
You are literally contradicting everything you just said..
- "Making an event for every religion is ridiculous."
- "But.. based on our size I think we should have an event for our religion"
Doesn't make sense to me
Someone said that CC celebrates these holidays under different names like "Winter" for Christmas and "Spring" for Easter Egg, which shouldn't be hard to replicate in the name of Ramadan.
When did cubecraft celebrate Christmas? It was about winter.. plus Ramadan is much MUCH more strictly religious.
Why not the same with a crescent moon or lanterns?
Because those are religious symbols.. you don't see the lobby filled with crosses in the winter update?

• Agree

q7sa

Feb 12, 2021
Exactly, Christmas doesn't have to be religious. And the update isn't even focused on Christmas. It is focused on winter and snow. These people who agreed on this don't know what they are talking about
Ramadan could be seen as nights and lanterns only and the challenge of not eating from dusk to down to help stay in shape. Ramadan doesn't have to be religious too!

Aug 25, 2021
Ramadan could be seen as nights and lanterns only and the challenge of not eating from dusk to down to help stay in shape. Ramadan doesn't have to be religious too!
But why in the world would we have an event about fasting??

It's all about getting closer to "Allah" which is religious

• Agree

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Because those are religious symbols.. you don't see the lobby filled with crosses in the winter update?
Exactly! And it’s not like they put a cross gravestone in honor of Jesus’ resurrection in any spring bundle either.
According to what I’ve always known about the beliefs, the crescent moon is just as “religious” as the Christian cross.

q7sa

Feb 12, 2021
Lanterns don't have to do with anything in Islam, just Ramadan... like Christmas.
You are literally contradicting everything you just said..
- "Making an event for every religion is ridiculous."
- "But.. based on our size I think we should have an event for our religion"
Doesn't make sense to me
"According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions, churches, denominations, religious bodies, faith groups, tribes, cultures, movements, ultimate concerns, which at some point in the future will be countless."
This number is ridiculous "4,200" and 90% don't have a visible footprint on the server.
I don't have evidence to prove this, but I wish CubeCraft could deny or approve this, but the most famous players' religions are supposed to be the same as worldwide statistics show.

q7sa

Feb 12, 2021
Exactly! And it’s not like they put a cross gravestone in honor of Jesus’ resurrection in any spring bundle either.
According to what I’ve always known about the beliefs, the crescent moon is just as “religious” as the Christian cross.
Islamic mosques are the only symbols that could be seen as such. As for the crescent moon, it is a naturally occurring event, it's not like the crescent moon was just made for Islam and Ramadan.

• Unsure
  • Agree
Reactions: blvxb and Reesle

q7sa

Feb 12, 2021
Well actually, it’s origins do have a religious background. Scrap that lol.
Most holidays have a religious background if you search it.
It is just about how the people share it through different cultures with people who don't celebrate it, primarily for economic reasons.
Ramadan is not different, it just didn't get enough sharing across people by accepting manners.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: blvxb and Reesle
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
The forums feel so slow on Sundays
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Top Bottom