Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
Hello!

As many people might know, I love Quake. It is now the only game I play pretty much, but I have taken a keen notice to the amount of win farmers there are now. Using the two maps, Jungle and Tron, the amount of win farmers are just sky rocketing.

Tron.
quaketronforums-jpg.142607

Map Tron, most likely based off of the Sky Wars map Tron, is filled with ramps and little nooks where people can hide. As of right now, map Tron is the most popular Quake Craft map. Though, every game there is someone who has some sort of knowledge on how to play Quake, and they either hide in the corner and snipe people or move to the ramps to also snipe.

Tron has so many places where you can hide and see the entire map. If you have some sort of dark skin, you can hide in the corner of the blue part of the map and literally kill everyone on the ground level to the lowest ramp. From the bottom level, you can see the entire map. A common place that people go is the ground level, so it is easy for these campers to farm kills and win easily.

Suggestions on how to stop these win farmers? I say we just decrease the amount of ramps a bit and get rid of the tiny nooks where you can't see people. (This is only my opinion)

Jungle.
quakejungleforums-jpg.142612

Map Jungle, also probably based off of the Sky Wars map Jungle, is notorious for it's launch pads. As of right now, it is the second most popular map. I don't have a lot of things to say about this map, other than it (in my opinion) is kind of a rushed map. There is really no unique style to it, and with all the ramps and platforms, is too much like map Tron. In my opinion, it is my least favorite map for that reason alone.

Ruins.
quakeruinsforums-jpg.142606

Map Ruins, though not voted for often, is a cool map. Even though there are many places to camp from, I see this map as unique and very open. For some reason, it kind of reminds me of the old Quake map, Kymlye. (I honestly forget how to spell it ;P) It is a very open map, and I barely dislike it. The only thing that kind of gets to me is the spawn points. Sometimes it spawns you completely in the furthest corner, and you are completely open to spawn killers. Yes, there is the cool down, but spawning in those areas makes you have to move forward to actually get into where people are.

Brimstone.
quakebrimstoneforums-jpg.142604

Okay, I kind of have a lot to say about Brimstone. Brimstone, in my opinion, is very annoying to play on. Again with Tron, if you have a dark skin, you can stand behind the nether blocks and snipe people, instantly farming kills to your win. With the darkness it has, it makes it hard to see nametags (A tactic I use, it really helps ;p). It is very hard to shoot people, too, because of the amount of walls. With the new update, I've noticed that you can shoot people around walls very easily. (Cough @PerryJ cough)

Castle.
quakecastleforums-jpg.142605

Castle, as of right now, is the third most popular Quake Craft map. My personal favorite (Right after Sky Bridge), and a really unique and creative map. I love this map for it's detail and the tactics you can use to win. Though, there are three things that bug me on this map. One, and the least important, is the spawn points. You can spawn totally randomly in this map, completely away from where all the people are. Sometimes, with the way Castle is built, it makes it hard to move around.

Secondly, there are three main places where you can camp.

One.
upload_2018-3-8_12-30-22.png

People will camp on the top place right there between the grooves of the ledge. You get a full sight of the entire bottom part of the map, where most people go, and easily get to shoot everyone there.

Two.
upload_2018-3-8_12-31-34.png

Here, you can stand and shoot anyone who spawns at the top of the castle or anyone down on the ground. Since Quake is now very.. how do I explain? Where you can't exactly miss a shot? Yeah, that. It makes it easier to shoot people and farm kills.

Three.
upload_2018-3-8_12-32-42.png

Here, you can see anyone on the bottom level and on the ledges above. This is a very secluded area where no one really goes, making it an amazing place to camp and shoot people.

---

Again, this is only my opinion on the maps. People are farming wins after wins, and it kind of gets on my nerves at the amount of campers. I see them as campers on Sky Wars or Egg Wars. They can easily kill people, farming kills and wins.

~Cyber.

Reactions: BlueMoon475

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
Isn't this just a good strat..?
I don't feel like this is win farming.
Well, think about it this way. In Sky Wars or Egg Wars, isn't it just a good strat to build 30 blocks into the air, make a box, and hit anyone off who comes to kill you? I'm not primarily talking about the win farmers themselves, mainly the maps and how they're built.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Is it really "Win farming" if they're just playing the game a lot, and have good map knowledge? By that logic, anybody who is on any leaderboard is a "win farmer" and must be stopped. I thought this thread was going to be about people letting one specific player repeatedly win. If they're camping, then they should be very easy to kill since you know exactly where they are.

F3+B and git gud.
Step 1 - F3+B
Step 2 - Git gud
Step 3 - Kill nubs
Step 4 - Win games until you realise that you've become the win farmer
Step 5 - Nerf yourself

Btw a little unrelated, but Brimstone is awesome!!! \o/

Reactions: SpringWarz

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I don't see any problem with this , it is a strategy and it isn't that hard to kill a player that is just standing still to camp. Most of this people aren't looking behind them so you can just take them from behind. This is a way to snipe people from a far distance. I wouldn't consider this as a bannable or punishable thing because it is easy to kill them when you know where they're. Btw a tip , avoid the place where you think that a camper is hiding and kill other people instead.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
I wouldn't consider this as a bannable or punishable thing because it is easy to kill them when you know where they're. Btw a tip , avoid the place where you think that a camper is hiding and kill other people instead.
I should rephrase what I'm trying to point out in the thread. I'm mainly talking about the maps, and the fact that win farming is very common on them. In map Tron, it is very hard to avoid these places because you then cannot get any kills. I just feel like the maps need to be changed a bit.

Reactions: Zombiepower
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything soul
timinator582162 wrote on sussy_blocka's profile.
Player Rayhidst2014 was traveling about 3 times normal speed. also was floating and flying. This ruined a perfectly good four player bedwars game.
Today starts Giro d'Italia one of the biggest cycling races in the world and who do you think will win the general classification after 21 days of cycling?
BicolourSine41 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🎉🎉 (Sorry that i am so late cause i was on vacation to Spain and did not take my pc)
Top Bottom