Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think obsidian rank needs an upgrade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
In my personal opinion and most of my friends we agree that obsidian rank is lacking in features and is not worth the amount to buy. It is nearly the exact same as emerald rank. What I propose is some features that could be added to make this rank worth the money to buy and to give obsidian ranked players the features that would no longer make them the exact same as emerald ranks.

1. Features that would be nice are, /report, more friend slots perhaps 175 (more than the new base line) additional party slots (again more than the base line), new gadgets and customisable items such as the armour you can select or trails,cages and miniatures.

2. A private lobby sort of a lounge where people of obsidian rank can hang out and chat, make new friends or see old foes and friends.

3. Some sort of system that could allow players of a certain rank to spectate anyone on the network using a command (you may decide).

These are only a few of my many suggestions. It would be nice to see some of your suggestions in the comments I look forward to reading them but Cubecraft staff this needs to be sorted. Obsidian rank is not worth the money especially when you can buy emerald rank and have near the same features!

Edit: obsidian ranked players should have an increased chance of winning the vote for game modifiers.

Last edited:

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
You pay £140 for a rank and four years later, you still only get confetti. It needs something really impressive, something that makes you feel you're missing out by not having it.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I find the second idea rather useless and a waste of resources, ('Specially because they closed down game lobbies in the big change, I doubt they'll open more lobbies for no reason). But I fully agree to all the other ones.
Except for the /report - they're testing it out with Plus users and all and I think if the system worked out perfectly they will introduce it to more ranks, if not then giving it to any other group of people will probably create chaos.
Maby creating a server for a map if the map you want to play is unavailable.
This will break the server. Imagine the amount of Obsidian rankers that try to open an unavailable server map at once, in all those different game modes. I'd rather have a functioning server in that case.

A personal suggestion I have would be is the ability to fly in pre-game lobbies (before a game actually starts), in team games mostly. Also the ability to use any gadget they want, which, I already suggested and has been escalated, but God knows when will that be added.

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I find the second idea rather useless and a waste of resources, ('Specially because they closed down game lobbies in the big change, I doubt they'll open more lobbies for no reason). But I fully agree to all the other ones.
Except for the /report - they're testing it out with Plus users and all and I think if the system worked out perfectly they will introduce it to more ranks, if not then giving it to any other group of people will probably create chaos.

This will break the server. Imagine the amount of Obsidian rankers that try to open an unavailable server map at once, in all those different game modes. I'd rather have a functioning server in that case.

A personal suggestion I have would be is the ability to fly in pre-game lobbies (before a game actually starts), in team games mostly. Also the ability to use any gadget they want, which, I already suggested and has been escalated, but God knows when will that be added.
Try suggesting it again! I like it xd

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018

On my many years on the server I have found it is mainly the obsidian ranked players who report people and giving them /report would be much easier and quicker. Instead of recording the individual or screenshoting the offence they can use a single command and then get the player doing the offence punished quickly.

Reactions: Juskebat

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
On my many years on the server I have found it is mainly the obsidian ranked players who report people and giving them /report would be much easier and quicker. Instead of recording the individual or screenshoting the offence they can use a single command and then get the player doing the offence punished quickly.
Not every obbi has a brain that functions logical if it comes to reporting

Reactions: Juskebat

Dohaa

Nov 27, 2016
I agree with this 100% My other account (alt) has obsidian (don't ask why I bought my alt not my main) But yes you are correct it's very very useless and the whole friend slot thing, I don't think it's worth it, I don't want 100+ people in my friends anyway. But I like the idea of the lobby and the spectate.

Also what do you think of it having a private game feature?

Reactions: SenatorKarma

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I'd trust somebody who pays £140 for it over somebody who pays £7. More for them to lose by false reporting.
True, but Plus users are much, much less common than Obby players. Also, Plus users are temporary. They need to pay 9$/mo to be able to use the command. Some will stop paying for it and new ones will start. Which is why it's for them and not for obsidian, which is a one time permanent purchase; in which more will come and none will go, increasing the number of people capable of using the command, having a higher number of
1- false reports
2- reports in general.

I'd like to also mention that reports in /report aren't 100% guaranteed to be taken care of, and by giving more players access to the report command, there'll be a much higher number of reports that won't be taken care of.
Also what do you think of it having a private game feature?
For the same reasons I mentioned before, too much of resources will be used for this. At least it should be given to Plus.

Dohaa

Nov 27, 2016
True, but Plus users are much, much less common than Obby players. Also, Plus users are temporary. They need to pay 9$/mo to be able to use the command. Some will stop paying for it and new ones will start. Which is why it's for them and not for obsidian, which is a one time permanent purchase; in which more will come and none will go, increasing the number of people capable of using the command, having a higher number of
1- false reports
2- reports in general.

I'd like to also mention that reports in /report aren't 100% guaranteed to be taken care of, and by giving more players access to the report command, there'll be a much higher number of reports that won't be taken care of.

For the same reasons I mentioned before, too much of resources will be used for this. At least it should be given to Plus.
I think adding a command or two I think it will make the rank worth it. Even if takes a lot of resources it will be well worth it.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
So instead of :report what command or perk would you say is appropriate?
Honestly, gadgets and loot items only for the rank (ones that are worth it), ability to use perks and rank-commands in pregame lobbies, /spectate would be cool (you can only spectate someone on your friend list - to avoid harassment and stalking)

/speed (makes you fly and walk faster edit: **in lobbies only**) - although this probably might not get added because of an increase in false Sentinel bans and also needing to work on Sentinel for this specific thing, guess it's up to management to fully see the pros and cons of this command

Ability to vote for time of the day in FFA and assassinations maybe idk

Generally I'm not sure what else to include but I think these would make it a ton better than what it currently is

Edit: Maybe also a gadget(s) that lets you mess with players, like pushing them a few blocks away and/or giving random players jump boost or other random visual buffs, of course with massive delay
Edit 2: And players can also disable this in the settings if it annoys them ofc

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday!
me after realizing my uncle started watching jjk: 😨💀
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom