Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

JellyFish01

Apr 2, 2024
Hey guys, I'm curious about how the ranking system worked before they switched to monthly ranks. I played from 2019 to 2021 and never bothered with buying a rank, and they were permanent back then. I am back playing on CubeCraft. But I heard someone say that Obsidian used to cost 150 euros, which is insane! I'm wondering how much each rank cost. Also, do people who bought ranks before the change still have them permanently, or do they have to renew them now? Now I am paying monthly for Diamond, but want to know if it would better if I bought one back then. I would love if someone listed all of them.

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
Old ranks (legacy ranks) are still permanent for those who bought them before 1.19 update. Players don't lose their legacy ranks even if they bought new subscription based rank. Legacy ranks doesn't have all the perks as subscription based ranks have though, like for example how the new obsidian ranks also has same perks as the plus rank used to have.

Old ranks used to be iron, lapis, gold, diamond, emerald, obsidian and plus rank, but are now only iron, diamond and obsidian. Plus rank used to be the only subscription based rank in the past. All players who bought lapis, gold and emerald own now iron, diamond and obsidian rank.
lapis->iron
gold->diamond
emerald->obsidian

I'm not exactly sure how much each rank used to cost, but obsidian was around 150 euros like you said. I think diamond was around 60 or more euros which I still own, but I might remember it wrong as well.

JellyFish01

Apr 2, 2024
Old ranks (legacy ranks) are still permanent for those who bought them before 1.19 update. Players don't lose their legacy ranks even if they bought new subscription based rank. Legacy ranks doesn't have all the perks as subscription based ranks have though, like for example how the new obsidian ranks also has same perks as the plus rank used to have.

Old ranks used to be iron, lapis, gold, diamond, emerald, obsidian and plus rank, but are now only iron, diamond and obsidian. Plus rank used to be the only subscription based rank in the past. All players who bought lapis, gold and emerald own now iron, diamond and obsidian rank.
lapis->iron
gold->diamond
emerald->obsidian

I'm not exactly sure how much each rank used to cost, but obsidian was around 150 euros like you said. I think diamond was around 60 or more euros which I still own, but I might remember it wrong as well.
Thank you for the detailed reply!

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Here's an image I found with a detailed description of each rank!

1713202213259.png

We also used to have the Plus Rank monthly subscription which would give you perks like the elytra, a bold username with icons to the sides, server join messages, etc.

Frontlane

the person below me is cute
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
I found an image of what the store actually used to look like with all the perks mentioned and prices in EUR if that interests you. (keep in mind this screenshot was taken during a sale, full prices from back then are at the top)

So nostalgic though 😩

1713205588791.png

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
I found an image of what the store actually used to look like with all the perks mentioned and prices in EUR if that interests you. (keep in mind this screenshot was taken during a sale, full prices from back then are at the top)

So nostalgic though 😩
Whoever designed these ranks years ago did really great job! The new store looks cleaner, but the design of these old ranks is definitely way better!

Reactions: Frontlane

O1OO

Novice Member
May 24, 2020
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey guys, I'm curious about how the ranking system worked before they switched to monthly ranks. I played from 2019 to 2021 and never bothered with buying a rank, and they were permanent back then. I am back playing on CubeCraft. But I heard someone say that Obsidian used to cost 150 euros, which is insane! I'm wondering how much each rank cost. Also, do people who bought ranks before the change still have them permanently, or do they have to renew them now? Now I am paying monthly for Diamond, but want to know if it would better if I bought one back then. I would love if someone listed all of them.
well in my opinion old ranks were perfect but moving on on new version and new games, etc.. most of the server switched to monthly ranks as it gets more money for the servers so they can recover the payment they spend on the server

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
I managed to put together a python script with the help of an AI friend of mine, I'm gonna make an updated version of the Global Reaction Score thread, this time, having counted all 352,348 forums users!!
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
pinterest is a gold mine ong
IMG_9017.jpeg
Skylanders! I remember that I bought this pack (not my picture.) For Skylanders Super Chargers I recall that I played the game with my parents and little sister it was a blast and I enjoyed every second of it. We bought more of them and collected even more of them. Replayed the game many times and the levels. Good memories xD
Screenbits 2024-04-29_205054.png
qKhalidd wrote on Mivke's profile.
happy birthday!
Eli
Did anyone else play Skylanders? I recently got it to work on my PC with a PS3 emulator and it's more fun than I remembered!!
Top Bottom