Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think obsidian rank needs an upgrade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
Honestly, gadgets and loot items only for the rank (ones that are worth it), ability to use perks and rank-commands in pregame lobbies, /spectate would be cool (you can only spectate someone on your friend list - to avoid harassment and stalking)

/speed (makes you fly and walk faster) - although this probably might not get added because of an increase in false Sentinel bans and also needing to work on Sentinel for this specific thing, guess it's up to management to fully see the pros and cons of this command

Ability to vote for time of the day in FFA and assassinations maybe idk

Generally I'm not sure what else to include but I think these would make it a ton better than what it currently is

Edit: Maybe also a gadget(s) that lets you mess with players, like pushing them a few blocks away and/or giving random players jump boost or other random visual buffs, of course with massive delay
Edit 2: And players can also disable this in the settings if it annoys them ofc
Being able to fly and use perks of our specific rank would be nice in pregame lobbies. Good suggestion. :)

Simply

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2017
Beyond the Fourth Wall
Sure additional features would be nice for Obsidian but the "Spectating anyone you want" is a bit too much. Spectating friends only is a much better idea preventing some salty Obsidians (not implying every Obsidian rank is salty) from targeting anyone. Also, if this feature is added, all players should have a setting to turn on or off if they want to be spectated or not.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
Maybe players with a level lower than 25 shouldn’t have the option to decide wether someone spectates them or not. Because hackers usually have low experience levels. And it’d be useful for reports.
But, if they are level 26+ they should be able to set their spectate settings to “everyone” or just “friends and party”.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
Maybe players with a level lower than 25 shouldn’t have the option to decide wether someone spectates them or not. Because hackers usually have low experience levels. And it’d be useful for reports.
But, if they are level 26+ they should be able to set their spectate settings to “everyone” or just “friends and party”.
obsidian ranked players not randoms... lmao i have never seen a obsidian ranked hacker. ????????????

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
So to spectate anyone on the entire network... that completely goes against the other suggestions... oml can you not read or understand things?!?!

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
Woah okay calm down. Jeez, I’ll just stop commenting on this thread. As it seems you can only reply to suggestions in a rude way.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
Woah okay calm down. Jeez, I’ll just stop commenting on this thread. As it seems you can only reply to suggestions in a rude way.
This is my personality I am always like this even irl. I’m sorry my mental instabilities hurt your feeling but I can’t stop them due to my condition so if you would please move along. <3

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018
In my personal opinion and most of not all of my friends we agree that obsidian rank is lacking in features and is not worth the amount to buy. It is nearly the exact same as emerald rank. What I propose is some features that could be added to make this rank worth the money to buy and to give obsidian ranked players the features that would no longer make them the exact same as emerald ranks.

1. Features that would be nice are, /report, more friend slots perhaps 175 (more than the new base line) additional party slots (again more than the base line), new gadgets and customisable items such as the armour you can select or trails,cages and miniatures.

2. A private lobby sort of a lounge where people of obsidian rank can hang out and chat, make new friends or see old foes and friends.

3. Some sort of system that could allow players of a certain rank to spectate anyone on the network using a command (you may decide).

These are only a few of my many suggestions. It would be nice to see some of your suggestions in the comments I look forward to reading them but Cubecraft staff this needs to be sorted. Obsidian rank is not worth the money especially when you can buy emerald rank and have near the same features!

Edit: obsidian ranked players should have an increased chance of winning the vote for game modifiers.
Bump.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
Alright I have read the whole thread and all of the replies, I am gonna preface my response by saying this:
This will be my opinion and in no way do I actually control what the ranks have, don't have etc. so no matter what I say it does not mean it will be added.

Now that I have prefaced this with that, I will dive into this. Let me start off with the suggestions I am completely against, maybe give a snippet of why I am against it, but for the most part I will try to keep this kinda short.

Some sort of system that could allow players of a certain rank to spectate anyone on the network using a command (you may decide).
Okay, while on paper this seems like an amazing perk and one that a lot of people would love to have, it is simply something that could and probbably would be over abused. If a player was in a solo game, wants their friend to watch them and tell them the gear or when a person leaves their island. It could cause people to use it for other purposes as well, ghosting is the main concern. Now there are positive reasons for this, but ultimately I feel this should be left for Staff and not be handed out to people with Obsidian. I am sorry, but I personally just see too much wrong going with it.

I already replied here about this and this is what I said (my opinion on it has not changed):

I really love the thought of being able to give the command to trusted users who have reported a lot. Having it at 30 reports is way to low for that though, and currently I do not think that this is a possibility. While the idea would be extremely nice, I see a few problems with it in general.
(read the thread to get the rest of this reply)

A private lobby sort of a lounge where people of obsidian rank can hang out and chat, make new friends or see old foes and friends.
My main issue with this is I see this being abused and actually becoming difficult to monitor. On top of this, I feel like we, as a community, should be a community and not have Obsidian ranks (or any rank) leaving to their "special lobby" and simply not interacting with the other community members. Ranks or not, we are all players that enjoy playing games on Cubecraft and I feel it should remain that way.

Simply put, I see this being abused to a pretty big extent and do not feel it is necessary. Be yourself, be proud of your rank and don't try to hide it. I understand players can target Obsidian ranked people, but for those that would use this to abuse a rule or something else is the reason I will always be against this.

Now for the ideas that seemed pretty cool, but I am not sure how possible they would be.

/speed (makes you fly and walk faster edit: **in lobbies only**) - although this probably might not get added because of an increase in false Sentinel bans and also needing to work on Sentinel for this specific thing, guess it's up to management to fully see the pros and cons of this command

more friend slots perhaps 175 (more than the new base line) additional party slots (again more than the base line)
Now this one is fully not up to me, but that being said, I do feel that it would be nice to allow you guys to have a few more slots. With that in mind, to balance it, it would almost be necessary to increase the other ranks as well (depending on where they sit now). Why I say this is because Obsidian already has 50 more slots than Emerald in friends, which is the biggest difference between rank upgrades by far (Iron: 20, Lapiz: 30, Gold: 40, Diamond: 50, Emerald: 75, Obsidian: 125). They also have 10 more slots in a party free then Emerald, which again is the biggest jump between rank upgrades (Iron: 4, Lapiz: 5, Gold: 6, Diamond: 8, Emerald: 10, Obsidian: 20)

Okay, now that I am done with those, lets move onto the positives that I see and ideas I really like.

Edit: Maybe also a gadget(s) that lets you mess with players, like pushing them a few blocks away and/or giving random players jump boost or other random visual buffs, of course with massive delay
Edit 2: And players can also disable this in the settings if it annoys them ofc
I think, as long as it was able to be turned off by users, this would be a pretty funny and unique gadget to have added. I could see it being pretty amusing to have an obsidian rank be able to push a staff member or make a player nauseated for a few seconds be quite a cool way to just have fun on the server, in lobbies.

new gadgets and customisable items such as the armour you can select or trails,cages and miniatures
Now this one I am adding here, because we are always open to adding new vanity or gadgets that you guys may want. With that in mind they have to be functionable and also suggested by you guys. :) Having different cages or armour that can be customized, I am not sure how possible it would be, but would be pretty cool all that to be said.

A personal suggestion I have would be is the ability to fly in pre-game lobbies (before a game actually starts), in team games mostly. Also the ability to use any gadget they want, which, I already suggested and has been escalated, but God knows when will that be added.
I love this idea and am fully supportive of this! I would love to see this happen and definitely support it. I feel like this would be a ton of fun to have while waiting in a lobby. I would maybe tweak it though. I would say have all ranks be able to mess with gadgets in pre-game lobbies (if they have them), but only Obsidian+ can be the ones to fly in pre-game lobbies.
Okay I think I covered just about everything. I combed through the ranks as well before replying and tried to look at it from the perspectives of you guys. :) I know for a fact that it would be nice to be able to increase and alter a bit of what Obsidian gets to make them more unique, it is more just a matter of plausible suggestions that could be included to allow for that. Either way, this is all just my opinion so you can ignore it or like it, fully up to you. Nothing I have said here is the words of Management or the words of acceptance, but rather a simple opinion, which was asked of me.

Keep the amazing suggestions coming guys! I love reading them, even if I don't comment on them all. :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SpringWarz wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Verbramdt wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thanks for the follow, and happy birthday! :D
BurgerCat13 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happpy birthdayyy birb
Hqteful wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🎉
Top Bottom