Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
I've heard stories of people killing themselves because they got a perma mute for just saying the letters "K","Y" and "S" combined together.
And guess what, I think those stories aren't tales, aren't fiction. I think people have suicidal thoughts because of their mute / ban when all they wanted was another chance... It's really depressing. I really can't handle this for long...

What's the logic factor that brings you to the conclusion "censor people for even more time" ?
Yes, but if they fix themselves and appeal they will never have this problem again.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I've heard stories of people killing themselves because they got a perma mute for just saying the letters "K","Y" and "S" combined together.
And guess what, I think those stories aren't tales, aren't fiction. I think people have suicidal thoughts because of their mute / ban when all they wanted was another chance... It's really depressing. I really can't handle this for long...

What's the logic factor that brings you to the conclusion "censor people for even more time" ?
Yeah i think when i said "Perm Mute" i went too far xD.

And if someone say "kys", just take it in as "Killer Yoga Squats"
lol

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Yes, but if they fix themselves and appeal they will never have this problem again.
Fact is, appeal were originally made to avoid an undeserved ban, not to apologize...
They sure deserve a lesson or "punishment" if you wanna say so, but not an everyday regret of life.
And if someone say "kys", just take it in as "Killer Yoga Squats"
lol
I take it as "Kiss Your Snake" instead, haha!

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
Fact is, appeal were originally made to avoid an undeserved ban, not to apologize...
They sure deserve a lesson or "punishment" if you wanna say so, but not an everyday regret of life.

I take it as "Kiss Your Snake" instead, haha!
True, the meaning of appeal is a serious or urgent request, typically one made to the public.

Reactions: Ping Ether

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
So, I've thought of this. One of the biggest problems on cubecraft is the number of players who swear, spam, or personally attack. I'm not just saying like someone spamming noob but, someone who really goes to the more harsh level saying stuff like (kys) or anything like that. We need to teach people that what they're doing isn't right and the punishments should be more harsh. Here's my idea: 1st warning: 1.5 month mute , 2nd warning 3 month mute, 3rd warning perm mute. I somewhat got this off of the old hacker system. What do you guys think? We shouldn't tolerate this and should never. It needs more harsh punishments. This is as bad as hacking so, why aren't the punishments not as harsh? Hackers ruin the game, so do these people.
It seems that people are more upset about hackers than anything else. In fact, I doubt that someone would actually take something like kys that seriously. Yes it definitely is not very good but there is a reason why there is an escalating punishment starting with like a week, to month, to perm. It isn't as bad as hacking because there are much more ways to deal with it, and have more options to ignore it. It's fine the way it is and there's no need to go 100000% overload on verbal things as they could make a mistake, could be just making a joke, or were just salty. It's fine as is and I don't think anyone really takes it too seriously.

I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

@Ping Ether What a meant by harsher up is when someone says kys or some other nasty thug that gets a mute w/o a warning should be a perm mute because telling someone to kill themselves should be a perm mute straight away because it is such a vulgar and nasty thing to say telling someone to kill themselves because they didn't do anything wrong is wrong and gets people to kill themselves because they think they are worthless to the world.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
To say is, not like the warning system like 1/3, 2/3, 3/3, I'm talking about a mute warning system. One mute for personal attack, one month mute. Another mute, 2 months of time. It goes on and on and on.
That's how it already works; punishments stack and become more severe the more offenses a player has against them.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Like I said, it'll be up to the staff member how severe the verbal harassment is. If they think it isn't that severe, they won't get as long as a punishment.
That's great then. Well, I'm saying some punishments should increase :politics. Stupid auto correct
Literally everything you have pointed out is already in the system.
I think you and I can both agree that a staff member has enough common sense to differentiate from "Wow you're dumb" and "Oh my god you **** go ******* kys b/c you're full of **** you ******* *****" and give an appropriate punishment.
The system is fine the way it is now. Having a person muted for 2 years isn't going to change someone anymore than 3 weeks.

D

Deleted member 169486

Fair warning i haven't read any of the other posts. I believe that swearing should have a light punishment (ex 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, perm) and personal attacks, racism, homophobic remarks, or sexual references should have a much heavier punishment.

My reasoning for this is that swearing is becoming more and more common. If you look at music from 50 years ago profanity was a very rare occurrence, but if you look at music now, almost every other song has profanity in it. You can even see it out in public, it's just becoming a bigger part of everyday life, there's no denying it. That's why the punishment for it should be lighter.

On the other hand, things like racism, homophobia, and sexual remarks (like this) should have a much harsher punishment. The reason for this is that, African/African-American players would not enjoy hearing "all ni***rs should die. I have seen this happen during a game, and my report was denied because of the lack of warnings. Your suggested system should be implemented, and warnings should no longer be required. The same is for homophobia.

In the case of the sexual remark, would you let your child play on this server if you saw something like that happen? I know I wouldn't but that's just me.

I rest my case and would love to know what you believe. Best regards, AnonymousVoter.

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
Maybe I can offer another perspective:
Why exactly do we need a popular minecraft server becoming a dainty little place where everybody is expected to wear Cinderella shoes?
The margin for it being YOUR FAULT that you're getting triggered by some kid is so huge that it renders this thread useless.
Harassment is only a physical or verbal thing, and its rare to find a situation where there's harassment online.
The basic answer to your whole thread is:

Deal with it!
Definitely agree with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Top Bottom