• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
I really don't see this as necessary at all.
The vast majority of the people saying these things are the younger members who are not mature yet.
Muting them forever seems extremely harsh.
Getting triggered by somebody on the Internet -who you never met and almost for sure will never meet- telling you to kill yourself would be your problem, not their's.
I'm saying it shouldn't be tolerated. It's not my problem when someone tells me "I hope your family gets cancer and you will die you little *^*&*^^&*" It shouldn't be tolerated. If someone gets mad, it's fine. People have emotions. This stuff is harsh. Very harsh

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I'm saying it shouldn't be tolerated. It's not my problem when someone tells me "I hope your family gets cancer and you will die you little *^*&*^^&*" It shouldn't be tolerated. If someone gets mad, it's fine. People have emotions. This stuff is harsh. Very harsh
It's not tolerated... that's why mutes are a thing.

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
I don't understand.
This is what I have to say:
Getting triggered by somebody on the Internet -who you never met and almost for sure will never meet- telling you to kill yourself would be your problem, not their's.

Reactions: Ping Ether

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
Reactions: Ping Ether

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I know that, 2 huge things are 2 huge things. Let's think of this, do you think some of this is ok? People ruining people's days?
If you have thick skin or a sassy attitude those "attacks" aren't an issue.
Hacking is totally different; you have no control over someone cheating, and it's not like you can ignore it, as it directly affects the gameplay.
Did either me or Tokay turn a blind eye to this? No, we (at least I) disagree with how harsh your punishments are. I'm sorry people on the internet can hurt people's feelings, but guess what?
Get over it.
And if it really bothers you, report it and wait for the offenses to stack up until they get permamuted. It's really that easy.

Reactions: MrTokay

HiggDawg

Jun 1, 2016
I disagree since those punishments are to harsh but then again what did you to trigger them?

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
If you have thick skin or a sassy attitude those "attacks" aren't an issue.
Hacking is totally different; you have no control over someone cheating, and it's not like you can ignore it, as it directly affects the gameplay.
Did either me or Tokay turn a blind eye to this? No, we (at least I) disagree with how harsh your punishments are. I'm sorry people on the internet can hurt people's feelings, but guess what?
Get over it.
And if it really bothers you, report it and wait for the offenses to stack up until they get permamuted. It's really that easy.
I mean, why won't you want more strict verbal uses? You won't get reported for it. Why would you bother thinking about other people who ruin people's days and want to really, let them do it over and over? There should at least be a warning system like with hacking. No need to be rude (also)

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Okay so this is a bit hard to approach.

What if somebody doesn't think that a specific word is offensive to others? What if he doesn't know what type of past the person has had with said insult?

What if someone is extremely mad about a hacker? Or stressed due to losing? Or someone bullying someone into a breakdown that contains swearing?
And if somebody jokingly says it to a friend?

We can't make it more strict, since the warnings and the lengths are fine as is IMO. 1 month mute is more than enough to keep someone from swearing unless they're too reckless.
Making it stricter will make chat so delicate, that saying the smallest of jokes would be considered an extreme personal attack, like the word "noob" (wink wink)

The punishments I feel aren't to directly make a person feel bad, but to warn them for the next time they think about doing it and actually make them learn from what they've done instead of just instantly punishing them with no heads up to the joke being too offensive or anything.
I understand that it's inconsiderate, but things like these have to be done like this in order for it to stay fair.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I mean, why won't you want more strict verbal uses? You won't get reported for it. Why would you bother thinking about other people who ruin people's days and want to really, let them do it over and over? There should at least be a warning system like with hacking. No need to be rude (also)
There is a warning system. 3 warnings and you can go ahead and report them for x, y, and z reasons.
I do not condone any of the actions you listed. However, the degree to which you want to punish them is blown way out of proportion.
The punishments I feel aren't to directly make a person feel bad, but to warn them for the next time they think about doing it and actually make them learn from what they've done instead of just instantly punishing them with no heads up to the joke being too offensive or anything.
This explains what I feel as well.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
There is a warning system. 3 warnings and you can go ahead and report them for x, y, and z reasons.
I do not condone any of the actions you listed. However, the degree to which you want to punish them is blown way out of proportion.

This explains what I feel as well.
To say is, not like the warning system like 1/3, 2/3, 3/3, I'm talking about a mute warning system. One mute for personal attack, one month mute. Another mute, 2 months of time. It goes on and on and on.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
Okay so this is a bit hard to approach.

What if somebody doesn't think that a specific word is offensive to others? What if he doesn't know what type of past the person has had with said insult?

What if someone is extremely mad about a hacker? Or stressed due to losing? Or someone bullying someone into a breakdown that contains swearing?
And if somebody jokingly says it to a friend?

We can't make it more strict, since the warnings and the lengths are fine as is IMO. 1 month mute is more than enough to keep someone from swearing unless they're too reckless.
Making it stricter will make chat so delicate, that saying the smallest of jokes would be considered an extreme personal attack, like the word "noob" (wink wink)

I understand that it's inconsiderate, but things like these have to be done like this in order for it to stay fair.
Here's what I'm saying. It'll be up to the staff member who is handling the report if the report is severe. Saying "noob" will not give you a month ban. It'll be up to the staff member to see if it's really worth a 1.5 month ban. "How?" You make ask? Well, this is how. If someone keeps on saying stuff that isn't the basics like "kys", it'll be a 1.5 month ban. Example: Someone says stuff over and over to this one person stuff like this: "I hope you die your miserable life in pain and I hope your parents get killed" over and over, that'll be a one and a half month ban. Saying "Noob" or "kys" one time won't get you as bad as a mute as some more personal harsh stuff that is more than one or 2 words. See where I'm going? I'm talking about harassment. Serious harassment.

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
They are punishing them and it is totally ok if you get tilted over someone saying that. it hurts but you always half to be the bigger person. Report and "walk" away.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
They are punishing them and it is totally ok if you get tilted over someone saying that. it hurts but you always half to be the bigger person. Report and "walk" away.
I know that but, when someone really does some really hard and personal stuff, I feel like they deserve a harder ban. It isn't right. Also, some people aren't the bigger person and get mad and upset and possibly, leave the server. These people who harass should get a longer ban time. They're ruining people's days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom