• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Here's what I'm saying. It'll be up to the staff member who is handling the report if the report is severe. Saying "noob" will not give you a month ban. It'll be up to the staff member to see if it's really worth a 1.5 month ban. "How?" You make ask? Well, this is how. If someone keeps on saying stuff that isn't the basics like "kys", it'll be a 1.5 month ban. Example: Someone says stuff over and over to this one person stuff like this: "I hope you die your miserable life in pain and I hope your parents get killed" over and over, that'll be a one and a half month ban. Saying "Noob" or "kys" one time won't get you as bad as a mute as some more personal harsh stuff that is more than one or 2 words. See where I'm going? I'm talking about harassment. Serious harassment.
You haven't put it into the situations I listed.
What if somebody doesn't think that a specific word is offensive to others? What if he doesn't know what type of past the person has had with said insult?

What if someone is extremely mad about a hacker? Or stressed due to losing? Or someone bullying someone into a breakdown that contains swearing?
And if somebody jokingly says it to a friend?
All you've answered is the question "Why does it need to be so strict"

Reactions: Ping Ether

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
I know that but, when someone really does some really hard and personal stuff, I feel like they deserve a harder ban. It isn't right. Also, some people aren't the bigger person and get mad and upset and possibly, leave the server. These people who harass should get a longer ban time. They're ruining people's days.
They will be taken care of. I agree but this would take more time. If someone really like affected you life bye saying something like that maybe you can talk to a mod or admin about it.

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
Well, you know what admins and mods do? They ban and mute. Why should the mutes ne longer. It isn't right what they do.
It isn't right. I was saying if you feel that there punishment should be longer you can talk to an admin. Anyways 300 messages and 400 likes!!!

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
So, I've thought of this. One of the biggest problems on cubecraft is the number of players who swear, spam, or personally attack. I'm not just saying like someone spamming noob but, someone who really goes to the more harsh level saying stuff like (kys) or anything like that. We need to teach people that what they're doing isn't right and the punishments should be more harsh. Here's my idea: 1st warning: 1.5 month mute , 2nd warning 3 month mute, 3rd warning perm mute. I somewhat got this off of the old hacker system. What do you guys think? We shouldn't tolerate this and should never. It needs more harsh punishments. This is as bad as hacking so, why aren't the punishments not as harsh? Hackers ruin the game, so do these people.
Yeah, sure, to make people get angrier at the staff team's choice of mute lengths...
Getting muted is not like... hell, where you go and die and rest in your sins for the rest of your life. It's a lesson, and I can say it by personal experience.
You get the point of the mute, you get unmuted, and you come out as a more "moderate" person later. The mark sure does stay and it will haunt you for the rest of your appeal page life, but the most important thing is not to forget the meaning of the mute, to teach you what you did wrong. Not make you suffer.

That's as far as I can say personally about 1 hour mutes, while the whole "KYS" situation is kinda... meh. Telling people to go kill themselves (or the more meme version, go drink bleach) is probably a really common term on the internet, and not so many people would realize how player here take the insult. If there's something that needs to be done to death threats and threats in general is to reduce the ban, not make it harsher just to fall in a state of eternal depression.
Sorry for the trumptastic wall of text, I am just very sensitive about the subject and I'm not willing to take this unseriously.

Reactions: Thaus
I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

I agree with you that they have to harshen up the mute system but I would rather them make a better anti-cheat because Cubecraft has better priorities right now.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
Yeah, sure, to make people get angrier at the staff team's choice of mute lengths...
Getting muted is not like... hell, where you go and die and rest in your sins for the rest of your life. It's a lesson, and I can say it by personal experience.
You get the point of the mute, you get unmuted, and you come out as a more "moderate" person later. The mark sure does stay and it will haunt you for the rest of your appeal page life, but the most important thing is not to forget the meaning of the mute, to teach you what you did wrong. Not make you suffer.

That's as far as I can say personally about 1 hour mutes, while the whole "KYS" situation is kinda... meh. Telling people to go kill themselves (or the more meme version, go drink bleach) is probably a really common term on the internet, and not so many people would realize how player here take the insult. If there's something that needs to be done to death threats and threats in general is to reduce the ban, not make it harsher just to fall in a state of eternal depression.
Sorry for the trumptastic wall of text, I am just very sensitive about the subject and I'm not willing to take this unseriously.
Umm. I'm too lazy to type it up again. I'm talking about harassment. Horrendous harassment. Example: If someone keeps on typing "Please kill your depressing life and your family's too because, you're cancer and I hope you die in horrendous pain as you're a little %&$&$&" That'll be a 1.5 month ban. Not just a simple "kys" or anything like that

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I agree with you that they have to harshen up the mute system but I would rather them make a better anti-cheat because Cubecraft has better priorities right now.
Is that all people can focus on now? The anti-cheat? I swear, every time I see a suggestion people be like "I like this but I'd like the AC first"
You know, I'm really interested in knowing why they should be so harsh in your opinion... That would help.
Umm. I'm too lazy to type it up again. I'm talking about harassment. Horrendous harassment. Example: If someone keeps on typing "Please kill your depressing life and your family's too because, you're cancer and I hope you die in horrendous pain as you're a little %&$&$&" That'll be a 1.5 month ban. Not just a simple "kys" or anything like that
Now would you prefer those "harassers" to be forgiven and become part of the community or you want them to regret what they did for the rest of their life? They've insulted a person on a videogame, they didn't trickshot the president or anything.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
changdropmic.gif~c200

That's the best way to put it. Guaranteed.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
Is that all people can focus on now? The anti-cheat? I swear, every time I see a suggestion people be like "I like this but I'd like the AC first"
You know, I'm really interested in knowing why they should be so harsh in your opinion... That would help.

Now would you prefer those "harassers" to be forgiven and become part of the community or you want them to regret what they did for the rest of their life? They've insulted a person on a videogame, they didn't trickshot the president or anything.
It's still a way of harassment. Would that person say that stuff to a friend in real life? Most likely not. They shouldn't say it online. They won't be scared for life. They'll feel bad for it for a couple of months as the time makes them think about what they did and they'll be a better person.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I honestly dont mind swearing unless it gets out of hand.
Swearing more than once should be like a 24 hour mute? Maybe?

But personal attacks such as "kys" and "i hope u suffer and die", etc.
That should be a REALLY long mute or a perm mute.

Agree? Or Not?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
It's still a way of harassment. Would that person say that stuff to a friend in real life? Most likely not. They shouldn't say it online. They won't be scared for life. They'll feel bad for it for a couple of months as the time makes them think about what they did and they'll be a better person.
Literally anything can be a form of harassment...

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
They'll feel bad for it for a couple of months as the time makes them think
Do you need two months to forgive yourself about getting triggered by a kid on Eggwars?
But personal attacks such as "kys" and "i hope u suffer and die", etc.
That should be a REALLY long mute or a perm mute.
A perm mute... what the... it's just a combination of three letters...
Would they be scared for life because they said some horrendous stuff? No!
It's not because of what they did, it's because of the mute they got, if it wasn't obvious.
My name is "Hugh-mungous"

Reactions: Gainfullterror

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015

I totally agree with this. The mute already dose teach you a lesson and if it doesn't you get muted again. This should not be a subset to joke around about either. It is very harsh and can ruin peoples life. Thanks hawks for bringing this up it is something we need to talk about. I have heard stories of people killing them selves because someone told them to or someone was putting them down. Hopefully this stuff will end on the internet soon. It is so sad to think that people in this world say stuff like that and it "kills" people. People take things to far these days.

1212hawks_

Dedicated Member
Jul 16, 2016
The nest of dorks
www.youtube.com
I totally agree with this. The mute already dose teach you a lesson and if it doesn't you get muted again. This should not be a subset to joke around about either. It is very harsh and can ruin peoples life. Thanks hawks for bringing this up it is something we need to talk about. I have heard stories of people killing them selves because someone told them to or someone was putting them down. Hopefully this stuff will end on the internet soon. It is so sad to think that people in this world say stuff like that and it "kills" people. People take things to far these days.
I know. What you're saying is the reason why there should be a longer mute for really bad harassment. It gets to people. Right now, the internet is horrendous, YouTube is negative, Minecraft, is hate filled. We need this to end.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I have heard stories of people killing them selves because someone told them to or someone was putting them down
I've heard stories of people killing themselves because they got a perma mute for just saying the letters "K","Y" and "S" combined together.
And guess what, I think those stories aren't tales, aren't fiction. I think people have suicidal thoughts because of their mute / ban when all they wanted was another chance... It's really depressing. I really can't handle this for long...
Right now, the internet is horrendous, YouTube is negative, Minecraft, is hate filled. We need this to end.
What's the logic factor that brings you to the conclusion "censor people for even more time" ?

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I called some one a noob, and they legit got triggered and they were trying to roast me.
(This was like 6 months a go btw, so i dont remember the exact details)
And after about 20 minutes of arguing and me coming up with comebacks, he said he would report me for "Harrasment"
And i was like whaaaat? Becuase he was the one saying the bad stuff, but i didnt really care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
Basketman wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Tripleee wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom