Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

rubik_cube_man

game maker
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 20, 2013
among slimes.png
Hey Java CubeCrafters!

I've been here at CubeCraft for almost 8 years now! At the start, I was the only developer and loved creating crazy games super quickly (in 2015 we released a new game every week over summer!!). 😱

Now, (usually) our games take a lot longer to develop as they go through planning, development, testing, design and have way more content in them! Skyblock took 8 months! ⏳

I wanted to get back to my super-speed creative days, whilst keeping the quality which you all love to see in CubeCraft! 🎨

Today, I'm very excited to be announcing our latest gamemode: Among Slimes! 🎉

We have built this entire game, as a full-team game-jam in just 10 days! We started Friday night, just over a week ago, and have developed, built, designed and tested everything in that time! 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️

In recent months our team has played a lot of Among Us and so we've smashed together Minecraft and the idea of a space murder mystery! ☠🚀

In this game, you're able to become either a Crewmate or an Imposter. Read more to find out what you're able to do!

🕵️‍♂️ Crewmates

As a crewmate, your job is to complete all of your tasks - these tasks show up on your map in your offhand and in the scoreboard on the right-hand side. If all of the crewmates complete their tasks, you will win the game! Imposters are no match for your task handling skills!
skinspreview.png

The selection of skins you're able to get - make sure you know what these colours look like, they could be the imposter...

Crewmates should also be wary of their surroundings - sound and sight are important to stay alive! Listen for people venting, doors closing and people dying... these could all help you vote the Imposter off!

Find anyone who's sus...? You may want to call an emergency meeting.

👺 Imposters

As an Imposter, your job is to inconspicuously kill the majority of the crewmates with your abilities. You have 4 different sabotage abilities, the ability to lock doors and the ability to vent away from your enemies to ensure that you aren't the most suspicious...
Screenshot_107.png

An overview of your hotbar. You'll be using these a lot as an Imposter!
In a game, you will either have 1 or 2 Imposters. If the game begins with 7 or more players, you will have 2 imposters, and if you have 6 or fewer players, you will have 1 imposter. If you are an imposter, you'll see the other imposter in your scoreboard.

Venting is super simple. All you need to do is walk up to a vent and right-click to enter. You'll be given a hotbar of places you're able to vent to, but be careful, as every crewmate can hear the vents open and close!

Nothing to see here...

If you are voted off as an Imposter, no worries! You'll still have the ability to spectate the game as a ghost, interact with other ghosts, and still perform sabotages to help your fellow Imposter. Good luck though, you are unable to communicate with them!

The door closed behind me... Note: No actors were hurt in the making of this video.

🚨 Sabotages

Each sabotage has a specific task to complete to save the crewmates. Take a look!

Communications Jam!

When communications are jammed, the admin room board & the task list become hidden! To fix this, you need to connect the three types of rails together vertically.

O2 Leak!

When there's an Oxygen Leak, two crewmates need to enter the code in admin and O2 to fix it. Be careful though, make sure you coordinate with others to go to admin & O2 and not just one or the other!

TNT Trouble!

When there's some TNT Trouble, you need two crewmates to stand on a pressure plate on opposite sides of the room. Do it quickly though, otherwise the imposters may win!
Lights Out!

When the lights go out, you'll be given blindness and the inability to sprint. You need to waddle to electrical to flick the levers from red to green to turn it back on.

Screenshot_110.png

The sabotages show up on the map as a rotating red cross, and your screen flashes red. Quick! TnT is going off! RUUUUUUUUUN!

💥 Voting & ejecting

Voting is one of the most important mechanics in the game, if you vote out the wrong person, you're one step closer to losing (or winning!) the game. Voting is super simple - after 20 seconds, you'll be given a vote book to vote for a slime off. If you do not want to vote for a slime, you can simply skip by using the barrier icon.

Screenshot_112.png

Hmmm... who to vote for...
Ejecting someone out shows whether or not they are the imposter, and they get... thrown out. Rather dramatically...

🗒 Tasks

We have a bunch of tasks for crewmates to try out! Take a look!

The wires task - connect the left side to the right side to complete the task!

Charge the Batteries by clicking on the three charge meters... but be fast, otherwise it'll uncharge!

Navigate to the planet that is in your inventory!

The admin card swipe task with an awesome card swipe system!
Other games include:
- Download data in a part of a map, and upload it in Admin.
- Chart the course of the spaceship by guiding a cow!
- Select the number in order in TNT!
- Get rid of the trash in Storage and O2!
- Identify the odd test tube in Medbay!

🗺 Map

What's better than an addictive game? An awesome map to accompany the game! Take a look at these screenshots of the most iconic areas in the map!

2020-10-26_14.39.13.png

Cafeteria, your spawn point.

2020-10-26_14.40.25.png

Admin room, with an admin board that works!

2020-10-26_14.39.31.png

Electrical with the sabotage task!

2020-10-26_14.40.04.png

Security room with the security cameras button.

Using security cameras... I see you orange!

2020-10-26_14.39.41.png

TNT... watch out for the redstone!

2020-10-26_14.41.56.png

Communications with a communications board!

There's a lot more rooms, which is your favourite?

💐 Resource pack

To accompany all of these additions, we've also got a snazzy resource pack, courtesy of @Story! Although it's optional, it really does tie in the whole game, with updated icons that represent each room. Recognise each room?
icons.png

For some reason, I really want some pizza now...

🔒 Private games

Private games are arguably one of the most frequently suggested features for our server - it's something we've wanted to pursue but simply did not have the infrastructure for... until now!
1603714027849.png

To create a new private game, it's as simple as clicking this button in the Among Slimes NPC menu.

Upon joining your private game, you'll be given a code which your friends can use to join your server. To do this, you need your friends to type /pg <code>! It's super simple!

The private game admin also has a myriad of commands to use, such as a kick and forcestart command!
1603720335300.png

An overview of all of the commands you're able to use!

At the moment, private games is only enabled for Among Slimes as we look into how our infrastructure handles it. Once we're confident that it works fine, we'll look into adding it to the rest of our Java gamemodes and our Bedrock network!

Special thanks to @Nimaex who managed to implement private games extremely quickly! 💙

⚔ Statistics tracked

Here is a list of the statistics that are tracked. NOTE: Statistics are not tracked in private games.
1603714055199.png

I should probably call some more meetings... but no one on the staff team was that sus...

As a note, we are not going to be implementing leaderboards to this game as we feel that making the game super competitive ruins the fun & entertaining spirit that the game is intended to be. Hope you understand our decision here!

😇 A note to our Bedrock players

We've noticed in our teases on Twitter & Discord that Bedrock players were particularly upset about us not adding this game to our network. We hear you!
This is something that we are planning on adding to Bedrock given if Java becomes a success.

These menus in the Java edition game utilizes a lot of chest GUIs, which when translated to Bedrock, it may mess around with the ordering for phone players. We'll need to design a resource pack which benefits phone players as well as PC players, and maybe redesign the tasks so it may take some time. Creating the game on Java and using it as a stepping stone for Bedrock is the most viable option here, and I hope you understand that.

📜 Credits

• @rubik_cube_man - Started the project and delegated tasks (no pun)
  • @Redned & @RDev_ - Creating the tasks you guys will be playing every game... good luck!
  • @Palombo & @driima - Creating utilities like security cameras and venting systems!
  • @Story, @Efcluke94 & @Yamín - Creating all of the art assets like the map and resource pack!
  • @Nimaex - Creating the private games system!
  • @libraryaddict - Helping us out with configuring the map, made updating the map a lot easier!
  • @BoxChief - Worked on the TNT Sabotage task!
  • @Zed - Did the unthinkable, became a game dev and changed the dimension of the map to the End!
  • The staff team for testing for literally 8 hours yesterday... We didn't force them but they just kept playing!

GroeneBanaan

Nov 26, 2018
CubeCraft, can I be honest with you?

It's one of the worst games I've ever played. First up, why to copy a popular game again? Battle Zone was copied from Fortnite and Among Slimes is copied from Among Us. It will be way more fun to create a game with your own ideas. If you want to play Among us, you just can play Among us. If you had you own original game (like Eggwars) I would like it a lot more than a copied game. An another reason why I don't like this game is that the moment when I saw the game, I already knew what the game was and I already knew how to play it. Pumpkin Chaos is not my favorite game, but it is you OWN game. SO that's what I like about that. I did not know how to play, but it was new for me. I am not hating on Cube, but this is my honest opinion. Anyway, you won't see me playing much on Among Slimes!

Extra thing I do not like: The game NPC is too big. It makes it pretty ugly in my eyes.

!MY OPINION!

- GroeneBanaan

Reactions: Nikoshka and Yuntq

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
The only difference between Among us and Among slimes is the name.
I totally disagree. Yes it looks like a Among Us, but in my opinion this game is so much better. I don't know how difficult it was to develop this game in a block game. But I'm 100% sure that it was very difficult. The Development- and Admin Team did an amazing job. I'm sure this game will be one of the most played games on Java in a few days/weeks and it will definitely bring lots of new players to CubeCraft. I've only played a few games and I'm already addicted to it.

Nqouir

Apr 10, 2019
Morocco
Hey Java CubeCrafters!

I've been here at CubeCraft for almost 8 years now! At the start, I was the only developer and loved creating crazy games super quickly (in 2015 we released a new game every week over summer!!). 😱

Now, (usually) our games take a lot longer to develop as they go through planning, development, testing, design and have way more content in them! Skyblock took 8 months! ⏳

I wanted to get back to my super-speed creative days, whilst keeping the quality which you all love to see in CubeCraft! 🎨

Today, I'm very excited to be announcing our latest gamemode: Among Slimes! 🎉

We have built this entire game, as a full-team game-jam in just 10 days! We started Friday night, just over a week ago, and have developed, built, designed and tested everything in that time! 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️

In recent months our team has played a lot of Among Us and so we've smashed together Minecraft and the idea of a space murder mystery! ☠🚀

In this game, you're able to become either a Crewmate or an Imposter. Read more to find out what you're able to do!

🕵️‍♂️ Crewmates

As a crewmate, your job is to complete all of your tasks - these tasks show up on your map in your offhand and in the scoreboard on the right-hand side. If all of the crewmates
View attachment 179426
The selection of skins you're able to get - make sure you know what these colours look like, they could be the imposter...

Crewmates should also be wary of their surroundings - sound and sight are important to stay alive! Listen for people venting, doors closing and people dying... these could all help you vote the Imposter off!

Find anyone who's sus...? You may want to call an emergency meeting.

👺 Imposters

As an Imposter, your job is to inconspicuously kill the majority of the crewmates with your abilities. You have 4 different sabotage abilities, the ability to lock doors and the ability to vent away from your enemies to ensure that you aren't the most suspicious...
View attachment 179422
An overview of your hotbar. You'll be using these a lot as an Imposter!
In a game, you will either have 1 or 2 Imposters. If the game begins with 7 or more players, you will have 2 imposters, and if you have 6 or fewer players, you will have 1 imposter. If you are an imposter, you'll see the other imposter in your scoreboard.

Venting is super simple. All you need to do is walk up to a vent and right-click to enter. You'll be given a hotbar of places you're able to vent to, but be careful, as every crewmate can hear the vents open and close!

Nothing to see here...

If you are voted off as an Imposter, no worries! You'll still have the ability to spectate the game as a ghost, interact with other ghosts, and still perform sabotages to help your fellow Imposter. Good luck though, you are unable to communicate with them!

The door closed behind me... Note: No actors were hurt in the making of this video.

🚨 Sabotages

Each sabotage has a specific task to complete to save the crewmates. Take a look!

Communications Jam!

When communications are jammed, the admin room board & the task list become hidden! To fix this, you need to connect the three types of rails together vertically.

O2 Leak!

When there's an Oxygen Leak, two crewmates need to enter the code in admin and O2 to fix it. Be careful though, make sure you coordinate with others to go to admin & O2 and not just one or the other!

TNT Trouble!

When there's some TNT Trouble, you need two crewmates to stand on a pressure plate on opposite sides of the room. Do it quickly though, otherwise the imposters may win!
Lights Out!

When the lights go out, you'll be given blindness and the inability to sprint. You need to waddle to electrical to flick the levers from red to green to turn it back on.

View attachment 179423
The sabotages show up on the map as a rotating red cross, and your screen flashes red. Quick! TnT is going off! RUUUUUUUUUN!

💥 Voting & ejecting

Voting is one of the most important mechanics in the game, if you vote out the wrong person, you're one step closer to losing (or winning!) the game. Voting is super simple - after 20 seconds, you'll be given a vote book to vote for a slime off. If you do not want to vote for a slime, you can simply skip by using the barrier icon.

View attachment 179424
Hmmm... who to vote for...
Ejecting someone out shows whether or not they are the imposter, and they get... thrown out. Rather dramatically...

🗒 Tasks

We have a bunch of tasks for crewmates to try out! Take a look!

The wires task - connect the left side to the right side to complete the task!

Charge the Batteries by clicking on the three charge meters... but be fast, otherwise it'll uncharge!

Navigate to the planet that is in your inventory!

The admin card swipe task with an awesome card swipe system!
Other games include:
- Download data in a part of a map, and upload it in Admin.
- Chart the course of the spaceship by guiding a cow!
- Select the number in order in TNT!
- Get rid of the trash in Storage and O2!
- Identify the odd test tube in Medbay!

🗺 Map

What's better than an addictive game? An awesome map to accompany the game! Take a look at these screenshots of the most iconic areas in the map!

View attachment 179455
Cafeteria, your spawn point.

View attachment 179459
Admin room, with an admin board that works!

View attachment 179456
Electrical with the sabotage task!

View attachment 179458
Security room with the security cameras button.

Using security cameras... I see you orange!

View attachment 179457
TNT... watch out for the redstone!

View attachment 179460
Communications with a communications board!

There's a lot more rooms, which is your favourite?

💐 Resource pack

To accompany all of these additions, we've also got a snazzy resource pack, courtesy of @Story! Although it's optional, it really does tie in the whole game, with updated icons that represent each room. Recognise each room?
View attachment 179427
For some reason, I really want some pizza now...

🔒 Private games

Private games are arguably one of the most frequently suggested features for our server - it's something we've wanted to pursue but simply did not have the infrastructure for... until now!
View attachment 179450
To create a new private game, it's as simple as clicking this button in the Among Slimes NPC menu.

Upon joining your private game, you'll be given a code which your friends can use to join your server. To do this, you need your friends to type /pg <code>! It's super simple!

The private game admin also has a myriad of commands to use, such as a kick and forcestart command!
View attachment 179454
An overview of all of the commands you're able to use!

At the moment, private games is only enabled for Among Slimes as we look into how our infrastructure handles it. Once we're confident that it works fine, we'll look into adding it to the rest of our Java gamemodes and our Bedrock network!

Special thanks to @Nimaex who managed to implement private games extremely quickly! 💙

⚔ Statistics tracked

Here is a list of the statistics that are tracked. NOTE: Statistics are not tracked in private games.
View attachment 179451
I should probably call some more meetings... but no one on the staff team was that sus...

As a note, we are not going to be implementing leaderboards to this game as we feel that making the game super competitive ruins the fun & entertaining spirit that the game is intended to be. Hope you understand our decision here!

😇 A note to our Bedrock players

We've noticed in our teases on Twitter & Discord that Bedrock players were particularly upset about us not adding this game to our network. We hear you!
This is something that we are planning on adding to Bedrock given if Java becomes a success.

These menus in the Java edition game utilizes a lot of chest GUIs, which when translated to Bedrock, it may mess around with the ordering for phone players. We'll need to design a resource pack which benefits phone players as well as PC players, and maybe redesign the tasks so it may take some time. Creating the game on Java and using it as a stepping stone for Bedrock is the most viable option here, and I hope you understand that.

📜 Credits

• @rubik_cube_man - Started the project and delegated tasks (no pun)
  • @Redned & @RDev_ - Creating the tasks you guys will be playing every game... good luck!
  • @Palombo & @driima - Creating utilities like security cameras and venting systems!
  • @Story, @Efcluke94 & @Yamín - Creating all of the art assets like the map and resource pack!
  • @Nimaex - Creating the private games system!
  • @libraryaddict - Helping us out with configuring the map, made updating the map a lot easier!
  • @BoxChief - Worked on the TNT Sabotage task!
  • @Zed - Did the unthinkable, became a game dev and changed the dimension of the map to the End!
  • The staff team for testing for literally 8 hours yesterday... We didn't force them but they just kept playing!
I just joined and tried the first game before the announcement...
Turns out I got voted out with any proper evidence 😂 Such a great start, I know right!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom