• This poll will close: .

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey, guys so recently I've been playing a lot of Tower Defense and an issue I've been running into is the Inferno Potion. Early game it's extremely OP and can easily win games by having some people spam it while others send mobs. My suggestion is to nerf the damage rate by 35% and the damage its self by 25%. I think with these adjustments it will balance it enough where it's still useful but not the way to OP.

What do ya'll think? Let me know down below.

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I don’t play java but tbh this is the worst time to post a thread idk why but it is

17 members online as of now

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Maybe just upping the price instead of a nerf? I think that having a good potion defense is good and there is a cooldown so you can’t constantly spam.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Maybe just upping the price instead of a nerf? I think that having a good potion defense is good and there is a cooldown so you can’t constantly spam.

Even with an added price with coordinated teams, it won't stop them much at all from still using and abusing I found. My issue is that it kills mobs so dang quickly and with how slow some art at the start it's beyond infuriating.

Reactions: Technosword

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
Yes the inferno is very powerful. It could use some tweaking but no major changes. The damage output needs to be somewhat good for lvl5 Gaints. However, what makes the AOE more balanced is that it only works on mobs that aren't lava resistant.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes the inferno is very powerful. It could use some tweaking but no major changes. The damage output needs to be somewhat good for lvl5 Gaints. However, what makes the AOE more balanced is that it only works on mobs that aren't lava resistant.

I'd rather an overall nerf big or small rather than that as it would still mess the game up. Slightly less damage and the rate of damage is better than excluding one or two mobs that wouldn't change much, to begin with.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
basically if you dont have a good team inferno is the only way to defend against horde, If it was gonna get nerfed then I would hope that horde is nerfed too.

Well, my group almost never uses it but when the other team "abuses" it, we loose unless we start doing it. It shouldn't be so broken. All I'm suggesting is a small nerf so it dosen't completely melt everything because it really ruins games that way.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
The inferno potion is quite strong indeed! It's really to use it against witches until level 2 believe, Skeletons until level 3 and you can kill spiders easily with 1 potion. It's also really really but really easy to kill Giant Zombies.

But when you can't kill one of those because they leveled that mob up, I swear, it's hard! I'd say, you need to place the towers at a good place. Other potions also help for example blazes. Blazes can't die from inferno, they fly around. So sometimes, it doesn't really need a change because some mobs do not take any damage from those potions. So I don't think this is needed because towers are also a really big thing in here and you can use other potions for the right mob.

Reactions: ShinyArrow
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on Kloska's profile.
TimBDay.jpeg

Happy Bday Tim :)
Closing in on 30!
RobinDn wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Desiderata wrote on Hoshi's profile.
20240503_083859.jpg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Kloska's profile.
Grattis på födelsedagen!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Gefeliciteerd maatje! <3
Top Bottom