Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Oreo♥️

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2019
Catalonia, Spain.
Hey guys! I know this thread is pretty much an unpopular opinion, and I know pretty much everyone loves CubeCraft's Skyblock. Sadly I am not so happy about it; I don't find it attractive enough to be a game I would play consistently, but I definitely see where people's opinions about the game are coming from, but I do not share them.
With that being said, I hope you all can respect my opinion as I respect yours, and read the whole thread!

THE ISSUES

1. The first issue I find whenever I am playing Skyblock is the coins. I know that Rubik had promised to add a bank or something like that, but saying "we'll add it to our "to-do list" is not enough and it's definitely not fixing the problem. Obviously, I am not asking the staff team to go on a rush to add a bank; that can be delayed over time, but the fact you lose 10% of the coins you have whenever you die and you literally have no way to store them or protect them from that is really bad, and makes the start really rough. You wanna expand the island, you wanna move quickly, you wanna progress. To progress you need coins, you need dirt, you need materials to build over the void and start progressing and gaining wealth quickly.
  • So how would I improve that?
Simply disable coin lost on death until you have the bank ready. It shouldn't be too much effort to remove the coin loss whenever you die until you have a storing system sorted out to store the coins, would help to improve the gameplay and not slow you down whenever you die.

2. The second issue I find is the growth rate for crops. This point of view is based off on my "rushy" or more "quick" point of view about games; I don't think that waiting for a whopping 1, 2 or 4 days for a sapling to grow up is a good idea.
-Why?
It really slows down the gameplay, but, like, don't think I am suggesting to make them a 10-second growth ratio to complete the quest at lightning speed; no. Though, I do think the growth ratios should be drastically decreased. Imagine you're playing Skyblock, you're in the Savannah island and you want to do quests to advance and reach the end-game, but you find out that you have to chop down a whopping 2.000 acacia wood, whose saplings take a super long time to grow. You end up waiting for the saplings to grow up and to do basically a bunch of -boring- side quests, which leads me to the third point;

3. The quests are painfully boring. Asides from some quests that require you to killing animals or monsters a lot of the others are just inconvenient and boring. No one and I say no one, likes doing a quest they might have had completed before just because they are absolutely obvious as for example "craft x tools" or "craft x armor" "cook x food". Sure one time doing this is absolutely fine, but the problem comes whenever you make us repeat quests... by changing the number of wood we need to get... and this wood requires a longer time to chop because the saplings are also longer to grow... and just ends up on becoming a chopping simulator where you wait for X hours or X days for your wood to grow up so you can complete the same quest you had already completed in the other islands but that is harder and more tedious and that keeps on getting repetitive and boring and discourages you from playing the game...
Not that bad tho, I was just exaggerating a bit. But they are indeed very repetitive and seems like it was a bit of a copy-paste for each island in an attempt to create a "progressive" achievement that instead of being progressive ends up on being annoying.

4. The coins are very dispensable and inflated.
-What do you mean with "inflated"?

I mean the coins you can obtain of selling stuff is insane, but so is the sold tag of items. What do I mean?
Coins are being treated as if they should be increased through the gameplay, which I agree, but the way you've done it's ridiculous. If you keep increasing the prices of items, the coins will have such low value that they would become very dispensable and useless.
But, the question is, where did this come from?
I think the problem came from the attempt of CubeCraft to balance the prices so players wouldn't gain too much money and harvest a lot of things in the early-game stage.
10 dirt is a grand total of 1.000 coins, which represents about two stacks of potatoes.
This is absolutely insane!!!
In the start, you barely have any space to grow your crops, and you have to slowly obtain those coins by planting over and over the same crops to start advancing the game or just basically use wood or stone to build because the prices are inflated.
In my opinion, the overall prices should be reduced and the amount of money you can get from selling specific items should too.

5. This is the last point I've been bothered by, and it's really important. The "storyline" is non-existent. The game progresses in a very linear way that doesn't give you any satisfaction. You basically complete a few quests and then advance to another island. And repeat again. There's no point in doing the quests, to arrive at the end of the game and obtain... diamond armor? Is that the end-game plan?? Completely absurd, and doesn't give you the idea of it being a game worth your time.
I've asked people that have completed all the quests and reached swampland and... there are only two bosses...
There are no quests that tell you why you should defeat the boss, no quest that gives you a specific reason to kill the snow boss, or the iron golem other than "do it to advance to the next island".
If it wasn't because you have to do it to advance there would be no reason to kill the bosses, especially since they're pretty underwhelming to do. (Pretty overpowered damage wise).

THE IDEAS

-The first idea is to make Skyblock the highest version possible, so basically you can have a bigger repertory of blocks and fresh Minecraft content to use to constantly update the game.

-the following ideas are gonna be a way to add somewhat of a storyline to the game so quests make sense-

OAK AND PLAINS ISLANDS

After we complete the mandatory tutorial in the oak forest a quest is unlocked
"Go to the hub and find Amy the farmer"
After a somewhat easy search for Amy, we find her, and she asks us to go with her. We automatically teleport to our oak forest island, and we see Amy is waiting for us in the plains island. She shouts at us "COME HERE, FAST!".
We finish the quest "Go to the hub and find Amy the farmer", and we receive a new one "APPRENTICE".
Amy shows us how to crop etc. *basically she does make us the quests in the plains island*.
After we finish the rather easy tutorial-ish quests found in the plains island, we finish the "APPRENTICE" quest, and we get the "travel to the cold taiga island" one. But, before we head there Amy gives us a little souvenir; A rookie hoe.
What is the rookie hoe?
The rookie hoe would be a rather friendly souvenir Amy gives us after we finish the quest; a stone hoe with Unbreaking 3. That would help us progressing onto the next island and have an easier time cropping without worrying repairing it as much.

COLD PLAINS

We're moving to the Cold plains island, but while we're heading over to it we hear Amy screaming. We instantly receive the achievement "WHAT WAS THAT NOISE? HEAD OVER TO AMY" when we arrive at Amy's place we see she has been trapped with snow, and we complete the "WHAT WAS THAT NOISE? HEAD OVER TO AMY" quest and get a new one "CRAFT A SHOVEL AND HELP AMY GET OUT" We do it and we see she's just a bit scared, and she says "THAT WAS REALLY SCARY, THANKS FOR SAVING ME" and we complete the quest. but nothing else so we go ahead and head on to the Cold Plains.
We arrive there and we see that there are a rather small campfire and a tent. On top of a log of the campfire, we find Kevin, an old woodcutter that seems very pensive. And we unlock the quest "TALK WITH KEVIN". Kevin starts talking to us about what happened to his village that was previously in north district of the hub, and how a colossal snow golem and its minions destroyed it.

He gives us tips on how to cut wood, and how to overcome the cold, and he gives us his questionably clean jacket, which is so warm that activates all of our muscles and gives us Haste I when worn! This jacket would also have unlimited durability! (why? well, you see, this was a little trick I added so we could chop down wood faster!)
We keep doing the existent quests of the cold island and we eventually finish them, after that a dialogue starts. And Kevin reveals us this was all a training so we could fight the snow king, (the colossal snow golem) and so we do, we head on to the hub and we find the snow portal so we head to the snow kingdom. We have to fight some of the minions (maybe reuse the current snow boss to do this) and after about 10 of those we arrive at the ice castle, house of Snowy, the colossal snow golem. Arriving here we get the chance to invite our friends that have already arrived/passed this island to fight the boss collectively, otherwise, we have the chance to fight it solo or with random people.
After we defeat it we go back to Kevin, and he greets us for having saved his village and gives us as a reward Snowy's nose that had been lost, an item that will be useful later on on the game to craft some EPIC items.

After this, a parrot flies to us and we have to tame it (it would be tamed with only one seed so it's easy) and consequentially we unlock the jungle island.
cold taiga.png

JUNGLE ISLAND

We head on to the Jungle island, but, suddenly, the parrot we obtained in the last island says something
"MUST GO HUB, PETE YOU HAVE TO FIND" and we unlock the quest "FIND PETE IN THE HUB"
We hide Pete behind a spruce tree, and we see him rather worried. We complete the quest to find him and we talk to him. He responds with this: "TARANTULAS!" "TARANTULAS!" and so on so forth until we click on him again.
When we talk to him again he seems much calmer. He says: "Have you seen my little brother?" he looks at our arm and then says "Oh, wait, you have him on your shoulder! It doesn't seem to get away from you though, so I am gonna let you keep it because I've proven to not be able to protect him...." A second pass and Pete says "Hold on! I think I know how you can help us!! Would you please kill all the spiders and tarantulas from the jungle?! It's been so long since they've taken over our terrain! I would give you a great reward if you got out of it alive..."
And so the normal quests start, we eventually have to complete some that require us of killing the spiders, and Pete seems much calmer every time we kill them.
Eventually, he asks us to kill the tarantula father. We accept and we go onto a dimension "JUNGLE DIMENSION" and we have to find a ruined temple. At the entrance, we find Melanie, a red-colored parrot that promises us that everything is gonna be fine. So we head right in and, after completing some puzzles/avoiding traps/etc. we get to the father's room. Where we find the tarantula father and three brutes. The brutes attack us but we should take them out easily. But the Tarantula father isn't so easy to take on because of his nocive venom that takes 1 heart of our health every time it ticks, so we have to be really careful with him.
After we kill the tarantula father, we get back to the overworld immediately. We still have to complete some of the quests on the jungle island, but eventually, we have to go back to the wilderness of the jungle to find the tarantula mother. She is much more strong than the father, and she isn't hidden in that small temple. She is in the Chichen Itza's temple. We have to go through a lot of adventures, disarm traps and kill mini-bosses, which could perhaps help us find the location of the tarantula mother. We find her, and she's A LOT bigger than the tarantula father and wants to kill us very badly. Luckily, she is trapped in her own room so we're safe as long as we don't go inside. Eventually, though, we have to go inside and if we kill her, we go back to the overworld where Pete would thank us a lot. If we look at our inventory though, we'll see that we have obtained three tarantula cobwebs, that will be extremely important for the future.
And after this, we unlock finally the Desert island.

Tarantulas.png

DESERT ISLAND

Here we would find Thomas, a young Egyptian that is waiting for us on our small island. He is very calm but at the same time gives us a bad feeling, about something that could go wrong at any time. We do our quests normally, until one day he starts talking to us about his village.... and tells us that something is wrong there. We get access to the portal to the desertic world, and we find that a boss called Tutankhamon is guarding it! Oddly, though, we see that Tutankhamon is a zombie and that he has a trident in its hand.
We teleport back to our island and we talk again with Thomas. He explains how dangerous Tutankhamon is and how it could represent a lethal threat for us. Nonetheless, though, he decides to give us two stacks of arrows in case we find the courage in our body to go fight him.
If we decide to accept the challenge, a new quest will be obtained "FREE TUTANKHAMON'S SPIRIT" and we teleport to the desertic world. Oddly, though, we see that Tutankhamon isn't guarding the village anymore, so we decide to go there.
When we arrive, the villagers get surprised and we unlock the quest "TALK TO RAIMON" when we find Raimon he explains to us that a ton of heroes have already tried to kill the pharao, but all have failed. Eventually, he reveals to us that the weak spot of Tuthankamon is his leg, and so after we warp out and in of the desertic world to wait for Tutankhamon to spawn we receive a new quest "GO TO THE HUB AND FIND SIMON THE ARCHER" this guy will give us a quick tutorial on how to aim properly, and after that, we receive an alert that Tutankhamon is back on the village attacking. We go there and we fight him and if we successfully win a secret opening to the pyramid. Inside, we find Tutankhamon's golden tooth and a book that narrates he didn't want to do what he was doing, he was possessed by someone or something.

Minecraft zombie.png

Summary of the suggestion

Basically what I am aiming with this thread is to convince you to add REAL main quests that do make you have fun, fighting bosses, learning stories, exploring new terrains, being able to interact with different NPCs, buy new things, even pets maybe!
Obviously what I suggested was just orientation and I am not dumb enough to believe that this will get added 100% how I imagined it, but I do hope that the idea of fighting bosses and adding a -even if simple- storyline to the game is possible to make true.

-Another suggestion I want to make, perhaps, is that you don't focus too much on the "normal" dimensions that the vanilla Minecraft offers, you can create your own dimensions, places that no one would have ever thought about. And Bedrock is the best place to add those. Imagine an island of dinosaurs, an island of yetis, real custom bosses and stuff that could make the game A M A Z I N G. In java, maybe you could explore a water dimension (PORT IT TO HIGHEST VERSION SO WE CAN SWIM) add quests to it, coral, etc. the Nether and the End have been so explored and used by literally every single company, so I do recommend being original and making your own dimensions. -But, don't take me wrong, I am not saying do not release the end and nether, only that you don't specifically only focus on it.

It's time for a goodbye though, I've worked and put a lot of effort into it and I hope you like it! Please comment down below if you've found this somewhat cool but you have some other ideas/ new ideas for new islands or the storyline I suggested. Besides, do not forget to share your opinion about my issues with Skyblock, and share yours if you want.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Trueno

Jan 25, 2020
México.
I see the mode of skyblock something fun (so far) even after a while it becomes repetitive (if they continue to give the maintenance that deserves to doubt that happens) one of your ideas could come great :)

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
It would be cool if they added dungeons in the lobby where you can start raids to kill a boss (obviously stronger than the ones you can spawn on your own island) which gives you rewards you can't get on the islands, such as Redstone.

Edit: This idea came from what you said about putting skyblock on the lastest version.
Also, your ideas would definitely make skyblock even more entertaining!
(Unlike the cookie monster quest lol)

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Simply disable coin lost on death until you have the bank ready. It shouldn't be too much effort to remove the coin loss whenever you die until you have a storing system sorted out to store the coins, would help to improve the gameplay and not slow you down whenever you die.

I completely disagree with this, I already expressed how I think Skyblock is far too easy on the player already with the fact that you keep literally all of your loot, and you dont even lose all of your coins but 10%.

I dont really think your point makes sense either, yes coins are a useful utility but you'll never get trapped, dirt is not the only material you use to expand, you should expand with wood or cobble at the start and add dirt later, even if you want to use dirt you can because the early quests award you with coins and wood is easily sellable. Furthermore you'd have to die multiple times for it to even impact your wallet, and also have a lot of money, where dirt wouldnt even be that expensive at that point.

2. The second issue I find is the growth rate for crops. This point of view is based off on my "rushy" or more "quick" point of view about games; I don't think that waiting for a whopping 1, 2 or 4 days for a sapling to grow up is a good idea.
-Why?
It really slows down the gameplay, but, like, don't think I am suggesting to make them a 10-second growth ratio to complete the quest at lightning speed; no. Though, I do think the growth ratios should be drastically decreased. Imagine you're playing Skyblock, you're in the Savannah island and you want to do quests to advance and reach the end-game, but you find out that you have to chop down a whopping 2.000 acacia wood, whose saplings take a super long time to grow. You end up waiting for the saplings to grow up and to do basically a bunch of -boring- side quests, which leads me to the third point;

I've been seeing this point a lot, people pointing at growth rates and quests taking too long and I've realllyy thought about it and here's my take..

If CubeCrafts Skyblock did not have quests at all, it would still be a fully legitimate game, it'd be just as good as vanilla Skyblock or their old Skyblock, they decided to add quests as a means of stretching out the game to stop people from accelerating through the game faster than a Bugatti Veyron. Skyblock is a slow paced game and you have to learn to treat it as such, if you only work on the quests and dont do anything else like farms, builds or contraptions then you arent really enjoying Skyblock for the reasons that make it fun, its harder for a lot of people to get used to because its so much slower.

Skyblock isn't forcing you to spend 12 hours on a quest, but rather inspiring you to build contraptions & expand to get it done in 4 instead, Skyblock is also meant to be an experience that takes many weeks to complete, it is not something you are supposed to blast out in a few days, people are focussing far too much on the quests. Just go with the flow.

4. The coins are very dispensable and inflated.
-What do you mean with "inflated"?

I mean the coins you can obtain of selling stuff is insane, but so is the sold tag of items. What do I mean?
Coins are being treated as if they should be increased through the gameplay, which I agree, but the way you've done it's ridiculous. If you keep increasing the prices of items, the coins will have such low value that they would become very dispensable and useless.
But, the question is, where did this come from?
I think the problem came from the attempt of CubeCraft to balance the prices so players wouldn't gain too much money and harvest a lot of things in the early-game stage.
10 dirt is a grand total of 1.000 coins, which represents about two stacks of potatoes.
This is absolutely insane!!!
In the start, you barely have any space to grow your crops, and you have to slowly obtain those coins by planting over and over the same crops to start advancing the game or just basically use wood or stone to build because the prices are inflated.
In my opinion, the overall prices should be reduced and the amount of money you can get from selling specific items should too.

Completely agree! Coins have been inflated too high, the fact that players are easily in the millions already, some have 80m+ is insane, it also makes previous farms obsolete the moment you get to another island, if it has a mob.

5. This is the last point I've been bothered by, and it's really important. The "storyline" is non-existent. The game progresses in a very linear way that doesn't give you any satisfaction. You basically complete a few quests and then advance to another island. And repeat again. There's no point in doing the quests, to arrive at the end of the game and obtain... diamond armor? Is that the end-game plan?? Completely absurd, and doesn't give you the idea of it being a game worth your time.
I've asked people that have completed all the quests and reached swampland and... there are only two bosses...
There are no quests that tell you why you should defeat the boss, no quest that gives you a specific reason to kill the snow boss, or the iron golem other than "do it to advance to the next island".
If it wasn't because you have to do it to advance there would be no reason to kill the bosses, especially since they're pretty underwhelming to do. (Pretty overpowered damage wise).

I don't really get why we need a storyline? Minecraft never really had a storyline in itself and it was still fun as hell.

"There's no point in doing the quests, to arrive at the end of the game and obtain... diamond armor?"
Again, Minecraft never had a goal before The End and generally can still be fully enjoyed without going anywhere near that area of the game. It's the experience, surviving is fun, expanding and building farms is fun, exploring the new island, progression. All these things that make Minecraft fun, make Skyblock fun also.

"no quest that gives you a specific reason to kill the snow boss, or the iron golem other than "do it to advance to the next island"."
Okay this I can get behind, I think the golem bosses should drop 1 of a resource that cant be obtained any other way, that'd be a super unique way of transporting resources to a player without the simple crops, generators of farms. Having actual reasons to gear up with friends to obtain a specific resource, Snow Golems could drop 1 blue ice, so spawning more of them aside from the quest would be worth your time, it brings PVP into the mix even more. Good suggestion!

--------

Anyways, that's all I got. I felt like this needed a very serious reply, good thread! Hopefully we can get some of these concepts into Skyblock, especially that boss one, I'm gonna personally vouch for that.

Reactions: Oreo♥️
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Top Bottom