Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

profpie2000

Mar 23, 2022
Today, I want to look at the gamemode that used to be in the spotlight, but has merely been left to rot. This gamemode is Skyblock, the cross between the classic, original Skyblock experience, and idle games like Cookie Clicker!

To understand this, you need to know the context. Thanks to SL4TES's series of videos and the gamemode in general, Skyblock became one of Cubecraft's biggest assets, bringing in thousands of daily players! However, this gamemode had since been left to die, as the highly anticipated End Update got removed from Cubecraft's update billboard a long time ago. Due to this, the community has overall given up on their hopes of the game being updated, but I believe I know a way to do this and help skyblock get back into it's glory days!

As we all know, before it was scrapped, Cubecraft were creating the largest update to the game, adding the End Dimension. While this is certainly a method of getting updates out, and is the main way Hypixel roll out skyblock updates, there is another commonly used method that can bring just as much content, but even earlier. This method is using smaller, more frequent updates, in a similar fashion to games like Fortnite. This allows the devs to release content in smaller batches and implement any changes needed a lot easier, as well as not making players impatient!

With the 1.19 update also being a thing now, this gives even mor potential to the gamemode as now it might be possible to put new islands in the overworld higher in the sky and below level 0. If the admins did incorporate this idea (which would be very cool of you to do), they could begin with new biomes previously cut from the original, earlier version of the gamemode, such as The Badlands, or add new biomes like the mangrove swamp!

In addition, the different cave biomes could be added below the original limit, likely with the deep dark at the centre, which would give access to fighting the Warden (who could be the final boss of the overworld, similar to the Wither in the Nether and what the Ender Dragon would've been in the end).

In conclusion, the admins should try to release 1 or 2 new islands every month or 2 (could vary depending on time taken per island) and could allow the devs to get into the flow of making new regular islands before releasing any End Dimension related things.

Feel free to debate this idea in the replies and Cubecraft admins, if you want any help with ideas, let me know because I have quite a few that could be interesting to try!

profpie2000

Mar 23, 2022
I don't know if 1 island every month is possible but @Reesle has some very good ideas for skyblock islands and quest.
That's fair since if I had to guess, judging by how long The End Update was taking, it would probably be anywhere from 2-6 months per island (idk exactly lol). But even then as you said with Reesle, even just adding maybe 3 quests every 1-4 weeks (again idk the development time for those) linked to the game already released could help keep it alive and give players a reason to log on!

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
That's fair since if I had to guess, judging by how long The End Update was taking, it would probably be anywhere from 2-6 months per island (idk exactly lol). But even then as you said with Reesle, even just adding maybe 3 quests every 1-4 weeks (again idk the development time for those) linked to the game already released could help keep it alive and give players a reason to log on!
Want me to DM you the links to my Skyblock suggestions? I have about 9 I think. They include new islands, new features, a small QoL update, and of course new quests!

Edit: thanks Casualpoalrbear for @ing me as I might have missed this.

2nd edit: if anybody else wants me to DM them my Skyblock suggestions, lmk. Also, there’s 12, not 9.

Last edited:
Reactions: Casualpoalrbear

profpie2000

Mar 23, 2022
Want me to DM you the links to my Skyblock suggestions? I have about 9 I think. They include new islands, new features, a small QoL update, and of course new quests!

Edit: thanks Casualpoalrbear for @ing me as I might have missed this.
Sure thing! glad to see I'm not the only person still theory crafting new ideas for it!

• Heart
Reactions: Reesle

AnolTongi

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 18, 2020
Turkey
I don't think 1-2 islands per month would be possible however, you have some cool ideas, especially the warden one seems fun! I like it.
@Reesle hmu with your ideas too tyvm :heart:

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town
This seems good, but you are suggesting the admins add new islands to the overworld. My question is say a user is already in the nether and a new overworld island is created, will the user be able to unlock the new island and how will it be done.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I do think Skyblock should be prioritized. It's the only gamemode which didn't get a large update in 2023. Skyblock hasn't really been updated since 2020, when the Nether and Skyblock rank were added.

I don't think Skyblock should get an end update. Ss the end isn't that exiting in vanilla Minecraft and there wouldn't be much to add.

I do think we should get new Overworld and Nether Islands though. All of Reesle's suggestions have been really good and I think they should get added. I also love the idea of different Islands being at different heights, imagine having a Jagged Peaks Island at Y250!

Overall, Skyblock will take a lot of time to update. But I do believe it's worth it to save the game mode.

• Heart

univesanand

Jan 6, 2024
Hey, I've only played Skyblock for a bit, but your idea about more frequent updates and new islands with the 1.19 update sounds pretty cool. I agree, it could be a great way to bring back some excitement to the game since in my opinion the gamemode has a lot of potential. Maybe if they added i`ll get back to playing skyblock!. :agree:

profpie2000

Mar 23, 2022
This seems good, but you are suggesting the admins add new islands to the overworld. My question is say a user is already in the nether and a new overworld island is created, will the user be able to unlock the new island and how will it be done.
I'm gonna be real I have no major idea how they would incorporate it because I haven't got to that point in Skyblock but they'd probably make a new quest somewhere and have that quest give the new island.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
GiGaGekkies wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom