Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think Allays would be a good fit for Skyblock? (Read spoiler entitled ā€œAllaysā€)

• Total voters

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Introduction:
Hello! Hope everyone reading this is having a good day/night! :D
Today I will be suggesting Cubecraft add a new Skyblock Overworld Island called ā€œPillager Outpostā€.
This will probably be one of my biggest Skyblock suggestions to date, so if you donā€™t want to read everything, please consider at least checking out the ā€œSummaryā€ section at the bottom of the page. Thanks and I hope you like the suggestion!

Pillager Outpost:
As you may have guessed, this island will be centered around a Pillager Outpost, a Minecraft structure that was added back in 1.14. I think adding this structure would make for a fun mini-adventure and would also freshen-up Skyblock with some much-needed new content from recent updates. Each Pillager Outpost usually generates with 8 illager banners too, which would be useful for decorating in Skyblock.

Pillagers & Ravagers:
For obvious reasons, Pillager spawners should be included on this island. There could be a quest to kill _ pillagers. There could also be a quest to kill _ mobs using a crossbow and another quest to enchant a crossbow, as no crossbow quests currently exist in Skyblock because the Crossbow was only recently introduced to Skyblock when the server updated to 1.19. Lastly, because Ravagers often accompany Pillagers during a raid, I suggest also implementing Ravager spawners. Upon being killed, Ravagers will always drop a saddle, and this will be further discussed in at least 2 future Skyblock suggestions of mine. Ravagers will drop lots of xp upon death. This mob would also provide more quest opportunities, such as kill _ ravagers and stun _ ravagers using a shield.
For spawner pricing, I think the Pillager spawners should cost 35-60 mil/spawner and the Ravager spawner should cost 250 mil/spawner.

Amethyst:
Now, for my favorite part of this suggestion: AMETHYST!
I suggest Cubecraft make this island have an underground cave that contains an amethyst geode.
IMG_4163.jpeg

My idea is each block of amethyst would be an amethyst shard generator. Each time an amethyst shard generator is mined, the generator would drop 2-6 shards of amethyst (depending on the fortune level)
IMG_4159.jpeg
and would then go on an 8-hour cooldown.
Amethyst generators would drop the same amount of xp that diamond generators drop in Skyblock. Although it is possible to craft amethyst blocks using 4 shards, when crafted in Skyblock they would just be normal amethyst blocks. In other words, the generators would not be craftable. My suggestion is for them to only be obtainable through the Pillager Outpost island Iā€™m suggesting and purchasable via the Skyblock shop.
Amethyst geodes are usually composed of not just amethyst, but smooth basalt and calcite as well. I suggest smooth basalt and calcite be purchasable through the shop after unlocking this island. Both smooth basalt and calcite have no uses other than for decorational purposes. Amethyst would additionally be very useful for decorating and building within Skyblock. These blocks could also provide new quests, such as collect _ amethyst shards, purchase _ calcite, or craft _ amethyst blocks.
Using amethyst, it would now also be possible to craft new items like Tinted Glass and Spyglasses!
If Cubecraft ever takes mine and other peopleā€™s suggestions about adding armour trims to Skyblock, amethyst would also be useful for colouring an armour trim.

If this suggestion along with amethyst gets implemented into Skyblock, I will make a future Forums suggestion proposing that an amethyst particle trail be added into the Skyblock Rank.

Sentry Armour Trim:
Lastly, I propose Cubecraft incorporate the ā€œSentryā€ armour trim into one of the chests in the Pillager Outpost. This armour trim is only obtainable through chests in this structure. Hereā€™s what it looks like on gold armour šŸ‘‡šŸ‘‡
IMG_4162.jpeg

Allays:
I thought about adding Allays to this suggestion as they are commonly found in cages close to a pillager outpost. However, I did not as I didnā€™t think it would be a good fit for Skyblock. Do you think I was right in doing so, or should I have suggested their implementation? Let me know by voting on the poll!

Summary:
Iā€™m suggesting Cubecraft add a ā€œPillager Outpostā€ island that contains both Pillager and Ravager spawners. I am also suggesting that they add an amethyst geode in an underground cave in the island. Amethyst shard generators (amethyst blocks) would be used to generate amethyst shards which could be used to craft normal amethyst blocks (not amethyst shard generators), spyglasses, and tinted glass. In the pillager outpost chests, the ā€œSentryā€ armour trim would be included. Lastly, this island would also contain 8 illager banners, and smooth basalt & calcite blocks.
IMG_4161.jpeg

Conclusion:
Thank you to everyone who read/checked out this suggestion! It is much appreciated. Do you like the idea of having a Pillager Outpost island in Skyblock? Do you like the suggested pricing of the Pillager and Ravager spawners? Would you be excited if amethyst was added into Skyblock? Would you like to see an amethyst particle trail for Cubecraft lobbies? Let me know all of your opinions, suggestions, thoughts, and criticisms in the replies. Thanks for reading!
Remember to vote on the poll and give your opinion about Allays in Skyblock!
Finally, donā€™t forget, if you like this suggestion and would like to see it implemented, make sure to vote :agree:!

- Reesle :D

Last edited:

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
looking forward to see more features like these in Skyblock, brings up more possibilities for customization and quite possibly farms

very beneficial from a skyblock player/farmer/grinder/builder's standpoint, would be worth it

• Heart
Reactions: Reesle

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
looking forward to see more features like these in Skyblock, brings up more possibilities for customization and quite possibly farms

very beneficial from a skyblock player/farmer/grinder/builder's standpoint, would be worth it
Iā€™m happy you like the suggestion! Hopefully youā€™ll like my future ones too! I have MANY planned where I already jotted down my main points, just have to write them into paragraphs.

• Heart
Reactions: Desiderata

madcrewz74

Apr 15, 2023
yessss this, it would be great, along w/ your other suggestions, and if they dont do at least one new island by the end of July, I will be very upset

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
yessss this, it would be great, along w/ your other suggestions, and if they dont do at least one new island by the end of July, I will be very upset
Yeah I will also be disappointed if they donā€™t update Skyblock soon, especially considering theyā€™ve been giving so many large updates to other gamemodes. My hope is that after Giga is removed from beta and the Battle Arena update releases we get some kind of Skyblock update. Whether it be the end update is being worked on again, new quest additions, or small QoL changes. ANYTHING would be better than the current nothing.

Edit: sorry I just notice I went on a mini rant lmao

madcrewz74

Apr 15, 2023
Yeah I will also be disappointed if they donā€™t update Skyblock soon, especially considering theyā€™ve been giving so many large updates to other gamemodes. My hope is that after Giga is removed from beta and the Battle Arena update releases we get some kind of Skyblock update. Whether it be the end update is being worked on again, new quest additions, or small QoL changes. ANYTHING would be better than the current nothing.

Edit: sorry I just notice I went on a mini rant lmao
Yah it's a pvp sever, but it also has the best skyblock hands down, if you dont agree, then name one that is better, point is even tho cubecraft is pvp sever, skyblock still needs an update.

• Agree

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
BUMP!
Would you like to see a Pillager Outpost island along with Pillagers, Ravagers, and Amethyst generators added to Skyblock? If so, make sure to vote using :agree:! :D

Reactions: Dualninja
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom