Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Before I go into rant mode let me say a couple things
1. BTU is the better together update
2.If you cant handle microsoft or minecraft being heavily criticized then dont read this thread
3. This thread is my honest opinion and completly serious

Ok now since that is cleared up lets start the rant. First thing I want to rant about is the way cross-platform play is going to be implemented. Basically the croos platform play will feature everything from xbox to pocket edition to switch edition. Pretty much every version except the original Java version and the PS4 version(as of now since sony doesnt wanna cooperate, this might change)
Our current version will now be called "Minecraft Java Edition" and the cross platform one just Minecraft. As a player who has played this game for over 3 years its kind of disappointing. However cross-platform play come with some hefty problems. Lets start with the easiest one that has practically no solution without frustrating players. Balance.
Tell me, how is Microsoft going to balance between pc consolse and handhelds. No matter the circumstances pc players with a mouse and keyboard will always have the upper hand over controllers or gamepads. PvP which is what most servers embrace the most right now would be practically impossible since pc players would dominate anyone. Now people might say there could be different servers for each platform to balance. Yes but then the entire point of cross-platform play is gone.

Balance out of the way. The thing that really really frustrates me the most is the new Marketplace. This glorious piece of garbage(yes thats my honest opinion about it) contradicts not only everything they said but also everthing that minecraft stood for. If minecraft maps and modding hadnt become as popular as it is now, would the game be still around. Most people by now have concluded that minecraft java edition will most likely be mostly supported by the players. This new system however is literally drawing creators away from the original minecraft. Oh and charging for maps and mods has a ton of legal issues as well. Mods have always been kind of a "gray area" of gaming. Things like the world of warcraft mod in minecraft can exist since they technically are free and no one tries to make a profit off of them. They were fan made. However if some of these mods can be bought this means that any stolen IP in mods can give Microsoft a legal lawsuit since they probably get a share of the money they make of selling maps and mods. This means that mods like pixelmon cant be phurchased since there would be an immediate lawsuit over the infringement of the design of pokemon.
Thats still not everything wrong with the marketplace. There is more. Have you seen those prices. 980 coincs for one map. To clarify 1720 coins cost 9,99$ Thats a lot of money for something that doesnt even exist and rarely has a lot of replay value. In my eyes is the marketplace nothing else but a shady business practice to make more money from minecrafts main population. Small kids using their parenta credit card information without knowing hat they were doing.

Whew. Sorry but I had to let that out somewhere. If anyone know wants to come and criticize me for being too angry. Do it, if you have a reason. If you just want to protect your favourite game, because you believe everything they do is justified and correct. Let me tell you, its not. I learned that if you ask questions and think about what you like. Thats when you will realize that some decisions are just wrong.
AsI like to say "Never accept things the way they perceive to be."
Thank you for reading and have a nice day.

A

A pigeon

Cross platform play is only for PE , Windows 10 and Console . We'll be uneffected.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
You know atleast you didn't mention anything about Mojang killing Java Edtion.
11/10 thread btw.
I mentioned it partially when I said that the new marketplace draws creators away from java edition. And I dont really play a lot of minecraftanymore anyway right now I prefer TF2

A

A pigeon

Ooh I watched it earlier today . Antvenom sounded upset in the vid. Anyway , Console wont play with PE/Windows 10 . It effects us in no way , Java will reign for at least another 2 years

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Ooh I watched it earlier today . Antvenom sounded upset in the vid. Anyway , Console wont play with PE/Windows 10 . It effects us in no way , Java will reign for at least another 2 years
I am not so sure about that. Content will no longer be really created for Java edition since I believe most content creators will switch to the Marketplace, where they can make more money. And with a lack of content come players who will switch to the new unified minecraft and buy the maps they would normally have gotten for free. This means more money for Microsoft and Microsoft is happy. Eventually Java will have a small but loyal fanbase remaining that will eventually grow up and Java edition will die. I for one will try to create maps for Java edition as long as there are players playing it. Thats my opinion.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I am not so sure about that. Content will no longer be really created for Java edition since I believe most content creators will switch to the Marketplace, where they can make more money. And with a lack of content come players who will switch to the new unified minecraft and buy the maps they would normally have gotten for free. This means more money for Microsoft and Microsoft is happy. Eventually Java will have a small but loyal fanbase remaining that will eventually grow up and Java edition will die. I for one will try to create maps for Java edition as long as there are players playing it. Thats my opinion.
Psst, you can import your own skins and maps for Windows 10 edition. So it isn't completely ruined

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
Our current version will now be called "Minecraft Java Edition" and the cross platform one just Minecraft. As a player who has played this game for over 3 years its kind of disappointing.
Bullcrap, our version has ALWAYS been called Minecraft Java Edition, also, I don't see why a name change would be dissapointing...

Tell me, how is Microsoft going to balance between pc consolse and handhelds. No matter the circumstances pc players with a mouse and keyboard will always have the upper hand over controllers or gamepads. PvP which is what most servers embrace the most right now would be practically impossible since pc players would dominate anyone. Now people might say there could be different servers for each platform to balance.
Again, bullcrap. Have you ever played the win10 version of minecraft? Playing with mouse and keyboard will NOT give anybody any advantage, as the gameplay is modified.

The thing that really really frustrates me the most is the new Marketplace. This glorious piece of garbage(yes thats my honest opinion about it) contradicts not only everything they said but also everthing that minecraft stood for. If minecraft maps and modding hadnt become as popular as it is now, would the game be still around. Most people by now have concluded that minecraft java edition will most likely be mostly supported by the players. This new system however is literally drawing creators away from the original minecraft. Oh and charging for maps and mods has a ton of legal issues as well. Mods have always been kind of a "gray area" of gaming. Things like the world of warcraft mod in minecraft can exist since they technically are free and no one tries to make a profit off of them. They were fan made. However if some of these mods can be bought this means that any stolen IP in mods can give Microsoft a legal lawsuit since they probably get a share of the money they make of selling maps and mods. This means that mods like pixelmon cant be phurchased since there would be an immediate lawsuit over the infringement of the design of pokemon.
Thats still not everything wrong with the marketplace. There is more. Have you seen those prices. 980 coincs for one map. To clarify 1720 coins cost 9,99$ Thats a lot of money for something that doesnt even exist and rarely has a lot of replay value. In my eyes is the marketplace nothing else but a shady business practice to make more money from minecrafts main population. Small kids using their parenta credit card information without knowing hat they were doing.
As far as I know, mods and maps will remain free on Java, so I don't see the problem. There wouldn't be hardly any modder/mapmaker making maps for PE/WiiU/XBOX/PC anyway, since those aren't made with java.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
The Marketplace you described is also against the Minecraft EULA.
1st who really cares about the eula anymore
2nd themarketplace is made by Microsoft. So it wont be against the eula since its "official"

A

A pigeon

Off topic : EULA is the best thing that happened to minecraft. Now games are completely fair. I was reading old threads where ccg was pay to win .

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
Reactions: Despacito 2
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom