• Yes

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Im actually looking at some of the arguments made on both sides and all they are is insulting the other version and saying one is supreme. If you want to get the developers to make CCG more 1.8 friendly, lets not say 1.9 is dumb because of the attack cooldown, lets says more players will go onto CCG because they like 1.8 more. Which is true, there are more players out there that like 1.8 more than 1.9, so making the server friendly to 1.8 will largely benefit it.

Jul 4, 2017
More people play on 1.12 than 1.8. As for whether more active pvp server players like 1.8 or 1.9, we don't have a good sample size of 1.9+ servers to even test that claim, and basically all 1.8 pvp servers muddy the waters by allowing connections from 1.9+ versions.

Just having more players is not itself a good argument; sacrificing the time to make half-baked 1.8 renditions of more games is not smart. It would not only have to compete with Hyp and the like (a competition it would lose, by the way), but it would only draw away resources from making good 1.9+ games like TNT Trouble.

I can see the argument for 1.8 servers adding 1.12 games - catching up with the times and entering an untapped market. But adding a downgraded version of games in a 1.12 server? Not smart.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
More people play on 1.12 than 1.8. As for whether more active pvp server players like 1.8 or 1.9, we don't have a good sample size of 1.9+ servers to even test that claim, and basically all 1.8 pvp servers muddy the waters by allowing connections from 1.9+ versions.

Just having more players is not itself a good argument; sacrificing the time to make half-baked 1.8 renditions of more games is not smart. It would not only have to compete with Hyp and the like (a competition it would lose, by the way), but it would only draw away resources from making good 1.9+ games like TNT Trouble.

I can see the argument for 1.8 servers adding 1.12 games - catching up with the times and entering an untapped market. But adding a downgraded version of games in a 1.12 server? Not smart.
Ok, your wrong about more players playing 1.12 than 1.8, Singleplayer people don't count because they have nothing to do with Multiplayer servers. If we make games like SG and Island Games 1.8 compatible it doesn't mean we lose players, what gives you that impression? If anything at all we would GAIN players, not lose any. You seem to think that having more compatible versions of certain games harm the server.

Jul 4, 2017
I never once in that post said cube would lose players by adding 1.8. You have not responded whatsoever to my concern that Cubecraft entering an oversaturated 1.8 pvp market is not worth their time or effort, and that Cube would be better off by attracting more 1.9+ players by making the server perform better and adding more unique games. Because as it turns out, there's a lot of 1.9+ people who don't like Cubecraft because of its lag, lack of originality, and bland mechanics. It should address those concerns first and foremost, and worry later about appeasing the 50 1.8 players who care deeply about playing on Cube specifically instead of just joining another one of the 933481848 1.8 servers.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Ok, your wrong about more players playing 1.12 than 1.8, Singleplayer people don't count because they have nothing to do with Multiplayer servers. If we make games like SG and Island Games 1.8 compatible it doesn't mean we lose players, what gives you that impression? If anything at all we would GAIN players, not lose any. You seem to think that having more compatible versions of certain games harm the server.
Would lag the server more, cost the server more, and would mean that if a game is added/updated, it would take twice as long because they'd have to update both versions of it. More bug fixes, more staff would have to be in lobbies helping people, etc etc etc

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Would lag the server more, cost the server more, and would mean that if a game is added/updated, it would take twice as long because they'd have to update both versions of it. More bug fixes, more staff would have to be in lobbies helping people, etc etc etc
It wouldnt take twice as long it would only take a little bit longer because the only thing thats being changed is what version it is joinable in (Not competently just another lobby for it.

Reactions: 0ffense

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
It wouldnt take twice as long it would only take a little bit longer because the only thing thats being changed is what version it is joinable in (Not competently just another lobby for it.
No, they'd have to code a lot of the game over again because a lot of the coding is different. For example a lot of minecraft sounds have had their names completely changed so they'd have to adapt things like that, you can't just copy and paste the plugin and reload and the plugin will just magically be compatible lmao

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
No, they'd have to code a lot of the game over again because a lot of the coding is different. For example a lot of minecraft sounds have had their names completely changed so they'd have to adapt things like that, you can't just copy and paste the plugin and reload and the plugin will just magically be compatible lmao
I dont think even 25% of mc players have sounds on at all tbh lol also unblock me on discord

QuikMiner

Jul 31, 2016
Merrillville, Indiana
www.youtube.com
Statistically according to a website I forgot the name of back late 2016 more people played in 1.9 on servers then on 1.8
Hypixel wasn't popular back then, plus all the other small servers...
There are almost half a million people playing on Minecraft servers as we type
So... you're wrong

Jul 4, 2017
... Hyp has been popular since like, 2013, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Like, yea more people play 1.12, but that is just about the worst way to go about arguing it.

Jul 4, 2017
Biased to the current version because it's preferred and because there's not enough to gain by using a 3-year-old version of the game to justify its inclusion?

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Biased to the current version because it's preferred and because there's not enough to gain by using a 3-year-old version of the game to justify its inclusion?
Oh really if the 1.9 pvp is prefered by the pvpers lets see here... heres a post I have posted on badlion hmmm Obviously I dont agree with what im saying here but its probably what a slow clicker would say https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/188405

Trash

Sep 16, 2017
AZ, Phoenix
www.youtube.com
adsdsa.PNG I totally Agree with you, Cubecraft should definitely make more 1.8 games, the only ones that are available right now are Skywars and Eggwars. Also the fact that they don't have 1.8 PVP makes it even worse.

Jul 4, 2017
Okay first of all, that's a post on Badlion, the central hive of 1.7 players. Second, that was clearly written as a mockery, had no substance or argument, and was deliberately made to troll. Third, I was saying "The people on this server prefer 1.9+ so get over it and get out."

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Okay first of all, that's a post on Badlion, the central hive of 1.7 players. Second, that was clearly written as a mockery, had no substance or argument, and was deliberately made to troll. Third, I was saying "The people on this server prefer 1.9+ so get over it and get out."
Well its also the central hive of pvpers so yeah... There isnt really a argument for 1.9 vs 1.7 other than what I said in the thread. The only reason the people on this server prefer 1.9 is because 1.9 is the only version.

Demosiz

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2017
Earth
YEA! I want it because 1.8 pvp is better I think its my opinion I like it but they won't make it because 1.8 is a older version:(

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom