Votes: 20 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters

BadGuy

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
California
How many times do I have to say it before you stop exaggerating your arguments? It's 1.6 cps for swords in 1.9+. End of story. How many times have I had to explain to you that you can hit about twice a second, effectively the same as in 1.8? You just don't have to click all the time in between.

I've already gone thoroughly through how your examples of extra "skills" in 1.8 are based off of plugins or bugs, or else are present in 1.9+ and often require more skill to execute effectively?

"Fights lasting minutes" says the guy who showed an 8-minute potpvp match as the prime example of 1.8 combat.

I'll tell you the "obvious reasons" why people still play 1.8 and why there aren't many 1.9+ places to play:
  1. Servers can't use 1.9+ mechanics in any form without losing the 1.8 playerbase, whereas 1.9+ people are generally willing to play with different kinds of combat. In short, 1.8 people are more close-minded.
  2. 1.8 people have never actually played 1.9 with any intention other than to find problems with it that aren't there, if they ever played it at all (it's a bit difficult to play 1.9+ combat when no big server has ever attempted supporting it). In short, 1.8 people are close-minded.
  3. 1.8 people don't like that they can't do everything in exactly the same way that they used to, and whine at any nerf to the game, regardless of the benefits it brings. In short, 1.8 people are close-minded.
  4. 1.8 people assume that 1.8 pvp is more interesting and exciting because you are pressing more buttons per second, without ever having taken the effort to get good at 1.9+ pvp and see how it feels at high level. In short, 1.8 people are close-minded, and servers have suffered because of it.
Very true that's the very reason I despise prestonplayz

BadGuy

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
California
Ok I get people have different opinions here but im ganna say mine for like the 5th time

1.9 is so much more boring than 1.8/1.7. Being restricted to .1 cps or whatever is such a step down from 1.8. What strategys are there? Strafe and hit every 10 seconds? So much skill. Compared to comboing straightlining blockhitting rod tactics snow balling and others. Its just stupid. 1.9ers call it smarter and more skillful but thats totally not the case. Way more pvpers still play 1.8 for obvious reasons. Look at badlion for example no one plays 1.9 because its so boring clicking once every second and fights lasting minutes. Plus there are almost 0 1.9 pvpers because its extremely boring to watch and play. Half of the 1.9 community is modders and redston designers.
Low key your not actually correct on anything there TBH.

Operator

Sep 18, 2017
How many times do I have to say it before you stop exaggerating your arguments? It's 1.6 cps for swords in 1.9+. End of story. How many times have I had to explain to you that you can hit about twice a second, effectively the same as in 1.8? You just don't have to click all the time in between.

I've already gone thoroughly through how your examples of extra "skills" in 1.8 are based off of plugins or bugs, or else are present in 1.9+ and often require more skill to execute effectively?

"Fights lasting minutes" says the guy who showed an 8-minute potpvp match as the prime example of 1.8 combat.

I'll tell you the "obvious reasons" why people still play 1.8 and why there aren't many 1.9+ places to play:
  1. Servers can't use 1.9+ mechanics in any form without losing the 1.8 playerbase, whereas 1.9+ people are generally willing to play with different kinds of combat. In short, 1.8 people are more close-minded.
  2. 1.8 people have never actually played 1.9 with any intention other than to find problems with it that aren't there, if they ever played it at all (it's a bit difficult to play 1.9+ combat when no big server has ever attempted supporting it). In short, 1.8 people are close-minded.
  3. 1.8 people don't like that they can't do everything in exactly the same way that they used to, and whine at any nerf to the game, regardless of the benefits it brings. In short, 1.8 people are close-minded.
  4. 1.8 people assume that 1.8 pvp is more interesting and exciting because you are pressing more buttons per second, without ever having taken the effort to get good at 1.9+ pvp and see how it feels at high level. In short, 1.8 people are close-minded, and servers have suffered because of it.

Seems like you are pretty close minded about 1.9 pvp mechanics :L

Reactions: giesko

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Well first of all if you click faster than 9 cps you can easily hit 3 hits on your opponent in a second.

No rodding works in 1.8 I just tested

Yeah thats potpvp and with a few clips. In 1.9 that video would easily be 15 minutes

Again most have tried to and dont like it and for the few that havnt it just doesnt appeal to them to be clicking and 1.5 cps and having fights last a long time.

Jul 4, 2017
Well first of all if you click faster than 9 cps you can easily hit 3 hits on your opponent in a second.

No rodding works in 1.8 I just tested

Yeah thats potpvp and with a few clips. In 1.9 that video would easily be 15 minutes

Again most have tried to and dont like it and for the few that havnt it just doesnt appeal to them to be clicking and 1.5 cps and having fights last a long time.

No... you literally cannot hit a person 3 times within one second, because of the .5s damage immunity.

No rodding does not work in 1.8 what server are you testing it on?

In 1.9 that potpvp match could be much shorter, actually; it most certainly wouldn't take longer than 1.8, for the following reasons:

In 1.8, it takes 28 crits (or 37 non-crits) with a Sharp V dia sword to kill a guy in full Prot IV dia armor. This is excluding natural regen and the vast wealth of health pots both people have in this duel. However, in 1.9, it takes only 13 crits (or 19 non-crits) with the same gear setup. In terms of time, that's a minimum of 18s to quick-drop someone in 1.8 compared to 11.25s to quick-drop someone in 1.9+.

Again, you're making ungrounded assumptions that 1.9+ fights "take forever" when in reality, they're often the same time as 1.8 or shorter. And all those 1.7 youtubers that "tried out" 1.9 (I've seen only, like, 15 of them do it in a video, btw) literally did one poorly balanced SG and a laggy UHC. Or else they just did a duel or two in the snapshots.

Jul 4, 2017
All of this besides the point that I don't care whether you prefer 1.9+ or not - the 1.7 community shouldn't be opposed to servers using 1.9+ mechanics in new games, and shouldn't be trying to get 1.9+ servers to cater to their old system.

Aug 30, 2017
Orion constellation
All of this besides the point that I don't care whether you prefer 1.9+ or not - the 1.7 community shouldn't be opposed to servers using 1.9+ mechanics in new games, and shouldn't be trying to get 1.9+ servers to cater to their old system.
Why? We like 1.8 CCG a ton more than other 1.8 servers, so we are requesting that they make more minigames 1.8 compatible.

Jul 4, 2017
What on earth about Cube is so uniquely special and amazingly better than other servers that you want Cube to add a downgraded version for you?

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
First of all, I just did some more testing, and I must apologize for some inaccurate calculations concerning the "time to kill" in 1.8. As it turns out, all weapons in 1.8 do 1 more damage than stated. So for example, a diamond sword says +7 damage; but this is added to the fist's damage, making the diamond sword actually do 8 damage. I have edited my 1.8 times accordingly.

Jitter and butterfly are just two different methods to do the same thing - which is "click really fast". Ooooh, wow what an amazing skill that should be central to combat.

RODS DON'T DO KB IN VANILLA; IT'S A PLUGIN THAT YOU CAN HAVE IN 1.9+ JUST AS WELL AS 1.7-1.8

And being able to pull with rods in 1.9+ is itself a skill to utilize.

If by "snowball tactic" you mean "toss a bunch of crap at someone to do kb", you can still do that in 1.9+.

"Combos aren't in 1.9+ unless you're really good at it" well no duh, Sherlock. Jitter-clicking isn't a thing in 1.7-1.8 either unless you're "really good at it". That doesn't mean there aren't combos - it means you should get better at the freaking game.

So let's take a look at that list again:
  • Clicking fast (jitter, butterfly, blockhitting)
  • Strafing
  • Combos (ez)
  • Rods (kb w/ plugin)
  • Snowballs
  • W-tap/S-tap
  • Hotkey
V.S.
  • Timed hits
  • Strafing
  • Combos (if you're good)
  • Rods (pull w/o plugin, kb w/ plugin)
  • Snowballs
  • W-tap/S-tap
  • Hotkey/Offhand management
  • Shield usage
And just for good measure, some other attributes of 1.8 vs 1.12:
  • Fat hitboxes
  • Janky kb
  • Strength I OP (dia sword does 18.4 damage!)
  • Prot IV OP
V.S.
  • Slim hitboxes
  • Consistent kb
  • Balanced Strength/Weak pot, Armor, Protection, and Sharpness
  • 4 versions worth of performance improvements
  • 4 versions worth of mapmaking, building, redstone, survival, and other improvements.
ehh u made some mistakes you can remove some thing from the 1.9 list
rods cause you done just those in pvp for 1.9+
snowballs
offhand/shield (no one is jusing the shield cause its unbalanced and trash with the use delay)
everything with the kb cause that removes the combo's (and i think you want to let the commbo's stay otherwise 1.9=100% trash)
and the things with 4versions cause that has nothing to do with pvp and are really good updates

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom