Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 59979

Minerware is meant to be a game that tests your skill in a range of gamemodes. However this isnt the case with some of the microgames. Im talking about the games of luck. The ones that require no skill and are mostly or all luck.

Lava blocks - This game is mostly just a competition to see if you are lucky enough to not have the blocks under you fall at the moment you touch them. There is some skill involved which makes this game mot as luck based as the others.

Hatch the eggs - This game is 100% luck based as you cant increase your egg throwing faster than just holding the right mouse button down. 0% skill involved

Hedge maze - This game is just luck if you find the gold block or not. The only skill you need for this is to be fast at looking. Not much skill involved

Avoid the explosions - The fact these explosions are random means that you have no way of avoiding them unless you happen to be near the right place.

Cross the balance beam - The arrows shoot randomly so unless you are lucky enough to not get hit you cant win. Avoiding the arrows is not a valid option for this

Light the TNT - This is just of game of who happens to spawn next to the TNT and light it first. Not much skill involved.

I really hate these microgames as they are just luck.
Tell me your experiences below and also remind me if there are any other microgames completely based on luck :P

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Lava blocks - This game is mostly just a competition to see if you are lucky enough to not have the blocks under you fall at the moment you touch them. There is some skill involved which makes this game mot as luck based as the others.
Not really, you have to jump from block to block to survive. At least, that's my tactic. I don't think this microgame is luck based, as you have to time your jumps and you need a good tactic to survive.
Hatch the eggs - This game is 100% luck based as you cant increase your egg throwing faster than just holding the right mouse button down. 0% skill involved
I agree, the only thing you have to do is holding your right mouse button. The only thing you need is luck :V
Hedge maze - This game is just luck if you find the gold block or not. The only skill you need for this is to be fast at looking. Not much skill involved
Nah, I think it's 50/50. You just have have to keep walking and you have to keep your eyes open to look if there are hidden gold blocks.
Avoid the explosions - The fact these explosions are random means that you have no way of avoiding them unless you happen to be near the right place.
Actually, the quest is: Walk to a corner and hold the shift button. Not much skill involved, but not much luck neither.
Cross the balance beam - The arrows shoot randomly so unless you are lucky enough to not get hit you cant win. Avoiding the arrows is not a valid option for this
You have to time your run. As an experienced MinerWare player (cough cough), I can tell you that you that you have to run when the microgame starts, do not wait.
You shouldn't be hit if you use this tactic ;)
Light the TNT - This is just of game of who happens to spawn next to the TNT and light it first. Not much skill involved.
There is, indeed not much skill involved in this game. But you don't really need luck, because you can also just run to the nearest tnt block :shrug:

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Minerware is meant to be a game that tests your skill in a range of gamemodes. However this isnt the case with some of the microgames. Im talking about the games of luck. The ones that require no skill and are mostly or all luck.

I really hate these microgames as they are just luck.
Tell me your experiences below and also remind me if there are any other microgames completely based on luck :p
Hatch the eggs depends on how fast you click so it's not really luck based.
If you are using fancy graphics, you are able to see blocks through the leaves, then you have to navigate the maze to get there, that involves some kind of skill.
In avoid the explosions, you have enough time to run away from the TNT, the skill that is required is to now the radius of a tnt explosion, and manage to avoid it.
I have to agree with cross the balance beam, so maybe, as in hard mode the balance beam should have one turn, to make the players parkour somehow. And hard mode would include 3-4 turns.
Light the TNT is pretty luck based too, I'd say it also depends on a player's ping.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Hatch the eggs depends on how fast you click so it's not really luck based.
It's still luck based.. Just because you can click fast, doesn't the game isn't luck based anymore. It increase your chance, yes. But you still can't get it everytime.

If you are using fancy graphics, you are able to see blocks through the leaves, then you have to navigate the maze to get there, that involves some kind of skill.
So it's skill to turn on fancy graphics? No.
Some people don't know about it, some people lag by turning this option on.
Even with this, it's still luck since there are a million dead-ends.

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
Actually you have to react fast in order to light the TNT, so it does kind of test your speed, but the random player positions are indeed a bit unfair.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I click pretty fast, but I still had a few games where I didn't get it.
It's all about finding a speed/technique that doesn't trigger the anti cheat but still lets you win consistently. From my experience, getting 11 cps even while clicking with two fingers doesn't get you banned, but clicking with two fingers alternating is a lot easier.
So it's skill to turn on fancy graphics? No.
Some people don't know about it, some people lag by turning this option on.
You can create a resource pack that only has transparent leaf blocks. I haven't played the game yet, so I'm not sure how much of an advantage that is, but I asked about that on #staff-help and it should be allowed to do.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
It's all about finding a speed/technique that doesn't trigger the anti cheat but still lets you win consistently. From my experience, getting 11 cps even while clicking with two fingers doesn't get you banned, but clicking with two fingers alternating is a lot easier.
It still, doesn't give you an instant win.
Again, I click pretty fast and still: it's a lucky game.
Take for example the ''Be the last knight stand''
You have to survive, and kill the others.
Or ''King of the hill'' you have to stay on top. You have to knock the others off.
Hatch 8 chickens? You have to break the eggs, and hope you get an chicken out of it. It's not like you can control that.

You can create a resource pack that only has transparent leaf blocks. I haven't played the game yet, so I'm not sure how much of an advantage that is, but I asked about that on #staff-help and it should be allowed to do.
You still have to be lucky a gold blocks spawns at the place you are at.
Doesn't matter if you have a resource pack with transparent leaf blocks, if it spawns at the other side of the map, you can't do anything about it.

D

Deleted member 59979

Firstly using 2 finger on your mouse is called butterfly clicking and it not allowed. Secondly using a texturepack that lets you see through blocks isnt allowed as it is literally an xray texture pack

Reactions: Sweetenerera

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Firstly using 2 finger on your mouse is called butterfly clicking and it not allowed. Secondly using a texturepack that lets you see through blocks isnt allowed as it is literally an xray texture pack
The rules state "Butterfly and drag clicking are both prohibited and may result in a Sentinel ban.", from my experience clicking at about 11 cps with two fingers does not result in a sentinel ban. I am not saying that it defintely won't. I don't think that clicking fast is neccessarily the best game, but it depends on luck way less than other games. If you click fast enough, with one or with two figers, your chances to win are very high, whereas your chances to win by holding right click are lower.

It depends on the definition of an xray pack wether transparent leaf blocks are allowed or not. Many common resource packs include clear water, which is essentially the same thing, it doesn't make a non-transparent block transparent, but an already transparent block more transparent.
Screenshot_2018-03-10_16-22-17.png

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I just jitter click on this one. Holding down right click is just down right stupid and the chance of someone einning a game is low. Whenever I or anyone else jitter clicks on this gamemode, its always a win.
But as of the rest of the games, I agree

BlueMoon475

Forum Expert
Feb 8, 2014
Land O' Corn
You know what's lucky? Being able to craft stuff during crafting-requiring minigames. I don't know how many times I've lost to 'Craft A Crafting Table' and 'Build A Snow Golem' because I've been unable to craft.

Last edited:

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
You know what's lucky? Being able to craft stuff during crafting-requiring minigames. I don't know how many times I've lost to Build A Crafting Table and Build A Snow Golem because I've been unable to craft.
how are you unable to craft..?

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom