• Total voters

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I think we can all agree that the Maze boss game leads to bored and toxic players.
Most of the time, getting one block will grant you an instant win. It’s basically a luck-based game, that gets boring after a while.
I want this to change, that’s why I have a suggestion to replace the boss game with something more fun.

I’ve seen many suggestions saying to bring back the Parkour Minigame, and I agree.
The Parkour Minigame was an original minigame, and I’d love to see a game, boss game or featured game like that again.

So, I came up with an idea which has aspects from the old game, and still partly gives off the Maze boss game vibe.

Gameplay
At the start of the boss game, you’d get teleported to a certain map (or the map would replace the playing area). The idea is, that you’d have to find gold blocks, like in the original boss game. Stepping on a gold block would make it reappear somewhere else. The length of the normal boss game would be 3 minutes.

Gold blocks wouldn’t be the only thing you’d be able to find. You’d also be able to find powerup blocks. You’d have the ability to gain a Speed or Jump Boost effect. Or perhaps harm others...

Gold Block - Grants you a point.
Lapis Block - Grants you Speed IV (12 sec.)
Iron Block - Grants you Jump Boost IV (12 sec.)
Glass - Grants you Invisibility (8 sec.)

Packed Ice - Grants the closest player to you Slowness II (4 sec.)
Obsidian - Grants the closest player to you Wither II (3 sec.)

Gameplay Rules/Additions
1)
The player with the most picked up gold blocks over a specific amount of time, would win.
2) If you die, you respawn randomly somewhere around the map.
3) A gold block can’t spawn in a place players can’t get to.
4) At a time, there’ll always be three gold blocks in the map. This way, it’s easier to find them. This does not count for the powerup blocks.

Map Layout
I don’t have an exact plan for the layout of the map, but I’ll be trying my best to explain certain parts of what I’d love to see in one of those maps.

The map would be open with attributes like houses, trees, etc. There’d be platforms in the sky, to parkour on. The platforms would probably be 3x3 or 4x4.
Gold blocks would be able to appear on top of those platforms, but also on the surface. Perhaps inside of houses, or similar attributes as well.

It’ll result in being a game suitable for parkour-, hide ‘n seek- and the Maze boss game lovers. In my opinion this’ll piss off less players, since there’s also way more space to play the game.

Hard Difficulty
Voting for the Hard difficulty would affect the gameplay of this new boss game greatly.

1) The game will take 30 sec. longer.
2) No difference.
3) No difference.
4) There will always be two gold blocks at a time.

Gold Block - Grants you a point.
Lapis Block - Grants you Speed IV (9 sec.)
Iron Block - Grants you Jump Boost IV (9 sec.)
Glass - Grants you Invisibility (6 sec.)

Packed Ice - Grants the closest player to you Slowness II (6 sec.)
Obsidian - Grants the closest player to you Wither II (5 sec.)

With that being said, this was my suggestion.
I’d love to know what y’all think, and if you have a suggestion on what to add to this thread, please do tell me down below. I’ll be needing an appropriate name for this game as well, since I couldn’t think of one.

Thanks for reading! <3
~ A wild Hoshi

Last edited:

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I like the idea but adding the Parkour Minigame like it used to is better imo.

koops

Sep 24, 2017
Boston, Massachusetts
A difference in boss game with actual skill somewhat being involved makes this game much better than the Maze. Maze did also get boring after a while because as mentioned, once you find one, you basically won it. Not finding one would become a pain. Adding skill would make winning and getting a block much more rewarding.

Reactions: Hoshi

EnergyWaves

Apr 10, 2019
Your idea is perfect! I can't wait to play this because i hate the maze its so hard if you found a golden block and a another player take it form you but if are more gold blocks you have more chance!

ForGiveNoWIn

Aug 10, 2019
If they made this game could they just do it for hard mode bc you need to be good on parkour or if they did so its easier parkour on normal.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
If they made this game could they just do it for hard mode bc you need to be good on parkour or if they did so its easier parkour on normal.
Then change spleef to a hard only bossgame, because you need to be good at spleef.
Change the parkour microgame to hard only, because you need to be good at parkour..

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
You don't have to be good at parkour. If they do intend to add my suggestion, powerups will most likely be a thing aswell. Like I suggested.
Effects like Jump Boost are there to help you.
No need to be worried :)

Oct 19, 2015
The Netherlands
nl.namemc.com
I really love this idea. When I play a game of MinerWare and players see that the bossgame is a Maze, a few players leave or they go AFK. I hope that if your idea gets implemented, that players won't become bored and just play the game. :)

srpigglet

Dedicated Member
Nov 3, 2019
Valorant
i think that its a funny game, but will be some weird because In my opinion its too much long, but i like it :)

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
upload_2019-11-16_22-39-47.png

So I got inspired and came up with a concept:
player spawn in the middle, you cannot see the other players.
On generation of the map random pillars appear in a grid with a height of 0 (no block), 1 or 2.
Players are placed in the center, they cannot see each other .
A single gold pressure plate spawns in the same location for everyone
When the first player lands on it, another plate spawns in the same random location for everyone.
You know you are behind if the amount of plates on your board is going up.
if you fall off before the timer ends you respawn in the center.

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
View attachment 157175

So I got inspired and came up with a concept:
player spawn in the middle, you cannot see the other players.
On generation of the map random pillars appear in a grid with a height of 0 (no block), 1 or 2.
Players are placed in the center, they cannot see each other .
A single gold pressure plate spawns in the same location for everyone
When the first player lands on it, another plate spawns in the same random location for everyone.
You know you are behind if the amount of plates on your board is going up.
if you fall off before the timer ends you respawn in the center.
It's great to see that I've inspired others.
The idea looks good. However, it'd have looked way different in my mind. Haha

I was thinking more of like an actual map, a bit bigger so there'd be more room for the 'hide 'n seek' part of the game. (Actually having to seek the gold block, instead of seeing and going for it right away.)

My idea probably wasn't too clear though, and this does present the 'middle sky platforms' like how I'd have imagined it.
Perhaps a bit more space between the floating blocks though?

Last edited:

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Okay first I absolutely didn't know what you were talking about but since yesterday evening I do understand it xD

First of all, I really like your idea of combining the 2 games with each other but I really prefer having the old Parkour game back because it was so great fun and addicting. With that said, your idea may of course really be there as well. I mean it could be a replacement for the Parkour game if it's not coming back and then you'd make the boss game in Minerware even more fun imo. And since I can already guess Parkour minigame isn't coming back; I like your idea.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Muhh's profile.
:3
qKhalidd wrote on Shamel's profile.
happy birthday!
qKhalidd wrote on deoxyq's profile.
happy birthday!
Reesle wrote on deoxyq's profile.