Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the Overpowered, Hardcore and Normal EggWars games be separated?

• Yes!

• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 10, 2020
Hi there,

Me and my friend love playing EggWars Bedrock edition. we have been playing for ages now, must be at least a year. But one thing we find so annoying was when they added the voting system like why? We never play Overpowered or Hardcore games because they just aren't fun for us so we just end up leaving the game and going to a new one which is such a waste of time.

So my suggestion would be to make them separate games in the EggWars lobby. This makes so much more sense to me I don't know why you didn't do it to begin with! Just have a part of the lobby that is Eggwars Overpowered (Solo, Teams of 2, and Teams of 4) and another part of the lobby for Hardcore. What's the issue? If people can think of genuine problems with this idea I would really love to know.

Thanks for your time!

Reactions: Zeobitz_
Yes. People without Eggwars Rank rely on those who do to play those modifiers. If they are a separate game, unranked players now can't play it. It would alienate some of their playerbase. And before you say "well if you're not willing to pay then it isn't worth it" some people don't have that cash

Jun 10, 2020
Yes. People without Eggwars Rank rely on those who do to play those modifiers. If they are a separate game, unranked players now can't play it. It would alienate some of their playerbase. And before you say "well if you're not willing to pay then it isn't worth it" some people don't have that cash
They should make the games available to everyone and have the ranked give you something else.

Darkninja27

Hope you have a nice day :)
Sep 22, 2016
Hi there
First of all, this would make the eggwars rank useless. I bought it for the reason I wanted to be able to vote the different kind of modes. The second thing is this would make the eggwars lobby a big mess. there would be 12 different NPC this would make it very hard for new players to get used to the game we love. Another problem would be all the different leaderboard and the games would fill up very slow because everyone would play a different game mode.

Reactions: RelatedNoobs
Jun 10, 2020
What would they give? A cage that only 1/4 of the players can see? A pay-to-win? Would you like to propose something? If not, deal with it, because you don't own Cubecraft
Sorry, I struck a nerve there. It was just an idea and no I don't have suggestions for that because I hate games that make you pay for privileges.

Reactions: Teddy1424
Jun 10, 2020
Hi there
First of all, this would make the eggwars rank useless. I bought it for the reason I wanted to be able to vote the different kind of modes. The second thing is this would make the eggwars lobby a big mess. there would be 12 different NPC this would make it very hard for new players to get used to the game we love. Another problem would be all the different leaderboard and the games would fill up very slow because everyone would play a different game mode.
Good point, I did think about the games filling up slowly but then I thought there are usually many people on the server and it always seems like a lot of people vote for overpowered so it wouldn't fill up that slowly. Hardcore, on the other hand, I don't think many people would play as I have never been in a lobby where someone has voted for it. about making the ranked useless couldn't they get cool win effects or something like why should you have to pay to be able to vote I find it so harsh. There was another thread someone made about it recently that I think really explained the issues of ranked getting to vote so maybe check it out to see my point of view, https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/equal-votes-for-unranked-players-now.252418/unread, thanks for taking the time to reply to me!

Rangeclient

Apr 3, 2020
I think this is not the best idea because i think the main reason the people bought these ranks is because they can vote for several modes in the games, if this will be removed from cubecraft [the voting system] i think that a lot of people will be mad at cubecraft, and maybe will quit playing.

Rangeclient

Apr 3, 2020
Hi there
If this would be added i think the filling up of games will not be a problem in bedrock because they have so many players.

Reactions: ComicCastle6489
Jun 10, 2020
I think this is not the best idea because i think the main reason the people bought these ranks is because they can vote for several modes in the games, if this will be removed from cubecraft [the voting system] i think that a lot of people will be mad at cubecraft, and maybe will quit playing.
I understand people who have paid to vote may be upset if it was removed so what if they made it so everyone could vote instead so it is fair for everyone. Check out this thread for the main reasons I think the voting system is really bad, https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/equal-votes-for-unranked-players-now.252418/unread .

Reactions: Teddy1424

Rangeclient

Apr 3, 2020
I understand people who have paid to vote may be upset if it was removed so what if they made it so everyone could vote instead so it is fair for everyone. Check out this thread for the main reasons I think the voting system is really bad, https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/equal-votes-for-unranked-players-now.252418/unread .
This is the way cubecraft did this, and if they remove it now i think it would make the community really upset. It is a big advantage to be honest but, if it is gonna be removed it will always be normal mode while more than 50% of the community like OP mode a lot.

Pineapple

Forum Expert
Apr 27, 2020
the Pizza Parlor
No. This idea defeats the main purpose of the rank.
I hate games that make you pay for privileges.
This is a reasonable thought however CubeCraft is a business. It can’t all just be fun, they have workers such as devs and admins that have to be payed.
They should make the games available to everyone and have the ranked give you something else.
no I don't have suggestions for that
This is completely illogical, you can’t just suggest that the game removes the main feature of a rank and then not give an idea of what to put in its place. You could’ve suggested anything like: a new game mode, new cages, prefixes, etc. The entire point of this thread is to basically get rid of the reason that I bought the rank. I believe I’m speaking for the majority of people who bought the rank when I say this is a terrible idea.
I understand people who have paid to vote may be upset if it was removed so what if they made it so everyone could vote instead
No kidding they’d be upset, and I believe giving everyone the ability to vote would do the exact opposite. Think about it this way; you buy a rank so you can vote and then suddenly everyone can, even people who haven’t bought the rank. Players will be outraged. If it were to become implemented, it would not stay for long.

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Hi,

I understand your frustration with being put in a game with a modifier you are not a fan of. As you said though you can simply leave and join a new game. The point of these ranks is to provide a nice perk like voting (Which Java edition contains as well) and give people other fun cosmetics. Voting is a pretty big perk but if we generalize it to being in a lobby where anyone can choose the modifier they wish this would make the most enticing feature of the bundles useless.

Sorry but its a no from me.

smax897

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2020
North Korea
Hi,

I understand your frustration with being put in a game with a modifier you are not a fan of. As you said though you can simply leave and join a new game. The point of these ranks is to provide a nice perk like voting (Which Java edition contains as well) and give people other fun cosmetics. Voting is a pretty big perk but if we generalize it to being in a lobby where anyone can choose the modifier they wish this would make the most enticing feature of the bundles useless.

Sorry but its a no from me.

It can take 20-30 minutes to find a normal game - hardcore even longer. It becomes difficult to leave and join a new lobby when virtually every lobby can have one, two, three, or more ranked players voting for OP. Choosing favorite maps is out of the question.

You say ranks are the primary way to get people to buy ranks - this confuses me, since kits and abilities already exist in the game; wouldn't this also be an advantage for ranks?

In fact, ranks gaining abilities and advantages rather than votes is the way it is done on virtually every other major server on every other major gamemode. Personally, I dislike the practice of pay-to-win in general, but I prefer paying for abilities much more than paying for votes.

Please consider this - it was tolerable several years ago when there were many lobbies with only a few ranked players, but now with only one or two lobbies with dozens of ranks, playing EggWars the way we want has become virtually impossible.

I know many people (myself included) who used to play Cubecraft almost daily - they now consider it virtually unplayable for this exact reason.

To conclude, I feel that in trying so hard to accommodate ranked players, unranked players are being squeezed out of the game,

Darkninja27

Hope you have a nice day :)
Sep 22, 2016
It can take 20-30 minutes to find a normal game - hardcore even longer. It becomes difficult to leave and join a new lobby when virtually every lobby can have one, two, three, or more ranked players voting for OP. Choosing favorite maps is out of the question.

You say ranks are the primary way to get people to buy ranks - this confuses me, since kits and abilities already exist in the game; wouldn't this also be an advantage for ranks?

In fact, ranks gaining abilities and advantages rather than votes is the way it is done on virtually every other major server on every other major gamemode. Personally, I dislike the practice of pay-to-win in general, but I prefer paying for abilities much more than paying for votes.

Please consider this - it was tolerable several years ago when there were many lobbies with only a few ranked players, but now with only one or two lobbies with dozens of ranks, playing EggWars the way we want has become virtually impossible.

I know many people (myself included) who used to play Cubecraft almost daily - they now consider it virtually unplayable for this exact reason.

To conclude, I feel that in trying so hard to accommodate ranked players, unranked players are being squeezed out of the game,

I 100% disagree with you here. I can play countless games where people play just normal. It's almost every other game where I find someone to vote for OP (this does not take 30 min). If you like playing hardcore you should consider buying a rank to support your favourite server.

If ranked players get abilities instead of being able to vote. The games would get very unfair for the unranked players. This is the same for kits.

Cubecraft is a different server that doesn't copy the standard servers. Being able to vote for a different type of mode is not "pay-to-win" adding abilities and kits separate for ranked players is "pay-to-win".

I hope you understand my point of view on this. I like the way it's set up now. It's different yes, but it doesn't give you an advantage to buy a rank.

smax897

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2020
North Korea
I 100% disagree with you here. I can play countless games where people play just normal. It's almost every other game where I find someone to vote for OP (this does not take 30 min). If you like playing hardcore you should consider buying a rank to support your favourite server.

I'm assuming you play OP most of the time, since anyone who reguarly plays normal will know that it definitely does take 20-30 minutes - lobbies consistently have two or three ranked players voting OP. Denying this would be denying facts.
Regarding your point about hardcore; I find this a slightly depressing point of view to consider. Many people simply don't have the money to pay for ranks, and the fact that they therefore don't get to play their favorite gamemode (according to you) honestly angers me. All players should be able to play what games they want without paying for ranks - as it is on every other server.

If ranked players get abilities instead of being able to vote. The games would get very unfair for the unranked players. This is the same for kits.

And yet this is the case on virtually every other server. At least with kits and abilities, unranked players can earn them through hard work and determination (And no, I do not play on Bedrock).

Cubecraft is a different server that doesn't copy the standard servers. Being able to vote for a different type of mode is not "pay-to-win" adding abilities and kits separate for ranked players is "pay-to-win".

It doesn't copy the standard and is therefore worse... and yes, you are correct. The present system is not pay-to-win. It is pay-to-play. Unranked players who don't like OP don't get to play the maps or gamemodes they want, no matter how long they've been playing EggWars. It's that simple.

I hope you understand my point of view on this. I like the way it's set up now. It's different yes, but it doesn't give you an advantage to buy a rank.

I perfectly understand your point of view. You are an OP player with obsidian rank. Of course you like it - the system was created with players like you in mind.
It is you who fails to understand our point of view. You don't understand how it is to not be able to vote for, or even play gamemodes that you like. And unfortunately, not all players have the money to pay for ranks. To put yourself in our shoes, imagine if you had to play normal mode the entire time, without having any say in the gamemode.

Jun 10, 2020

I think they were talking more about Java edition because it is virtually impossible to find a normal game on Java which is just so frustrating which is why I never play Java and this sucks because I have friends who only have java edition that I would love to play with but I just can't because of the ranked players. Why not make 2 game modes one where people can vote to there hearts content and another where there is no voting and just normal games? I think I'm on to something here!

Samoolx

Jun 4, 2020
One thing I like about the game is that you have to adapt your playstyle depending on what mode it is. Otherwise it goes boring and repetitive.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom