Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I'm going to say that Lucky Islands is my favourite Skywars-like gamemode. It's better than Eggwars, Tower Defenders, hell, it's better than Skywars itself. The perfect rarity of projectiles in this game, combined with a system that gives players less loot, thereby rewarding kills, means that no game is ever boring. Camping is both difficult and unrewarding, whereas rushing and using well-thought-out strategies is very rewarding. With that being said, it hasn't had an update in a while, and it sure could use one.

The wands - changes and additions
Funny how the wands, the main gimmick of Lucky Islands, are all useless with an exception to perhaps the Shield wand or TNT Wand. Even so, due to their immense cool-downs and lack of use in most situations, having them isn't going to change up the gameplay much at all. I propose both adding new wands, and changing existing wands, to better diversify gameplay.

Slime wand --> Roulette wand
I propose renaming the 'Slime wand' to the 'Roulette wand'. This wand will still shoot out a projectile, however it will not necessarily be a slime. Here are six projectiles that I recommend it fire:
-Slime mob
-Snowball
-Egg
-Arrow
-Diamond
-Chicken

See how the wand is a thousand times more practical now? When not in combat, the player can use it in hopes of getting either a diamond for gear, or a chicken for food, two necessities that are often times scarce in Lucky Islands. When in combat, the player can hope for either an arrow or a slime, to either deal cheap, one-time damage from afar, or to distract their opponent. If you notice that a player is bridging, you can hope for either a slime, snowball, egg, or arrow. This essentially makes the wand a bow with infinite ammunition, but with a hefty cool-down.

Dragonfire wand
This is another wand that is rarely used. I simply propose changing it so that it instead emits a large fireball, rather than a sporadic shower of fire. How often are you actually going to even hit somebody with the Dragonfire wand as it currently stands? Next to never, because you cannot control where the fires land. How often, assuming you hit your target, is it going to change the outcome of a fight? Next to never, because who in their right mind would even use this thing at close range? The fireball that it shoots will be on par with a ghast fireball, meaning that it will do some explosive damage, and assuming it makes direct contact, will also inflict fire on your opponent. This makes it a force to be reckoned with, both up close and from afar. Its cool-down will remain the same.

Lightning wand
Easily the worst wand in the game, period. It's so difficult to hit, even if against an idle target, unless you're very close to your opponent. It deals an unreliable amount of damage, and simply doesn't need to exist. Here me out, because what I suggest be done might sound a little pointless at first glance. You know how people use the Shield wand to save themselves when they get hit off the map? Or use it when they have no blocks to bridge across gaps? Well, have the lightning shield not only instantly destroy the shield, but also deal five hearts of damage, guaranteed, to everybody inside. This will therefore serve as a very useful counter-measure to what's probably the best wand in the game thus far. I suggested this quite a while back, and absolutely love the idea. It's so small, yet probably one of my favourite suggestions to date.

Gravitation wand
This is a new wand that intends to add extra usage to wands. I mentioned it briefly in my Cubecraft 3.0 thread, as well as the other two new wands that I am going to suggest in this thread, which you can find here. Basically, the wand will send the user ten blocks into the air, and will also totally negate all fall damage for six seconds. This wand can be used to traverse short gaps (such as between the canvases and the centre stage in 'Art'), or used to escape by elevating oneself to a higher platform instantly (such as the pig in the middle of 'Dinner', or the pots of paint in 'Art', houses in 'Steampunk', etc.). It will have a thirty second cool-down.

Aegis wand
The Aegis wand is very simple in what it does, yet will be used in combat, unlike any other wand as of current. Sure, it could be argued that the Regeneration wand can be used in combat, but be honest, is it really going to change the outcome of a fight, with how long the effect lasts? Anyways, the Aegis wand will reduce damage received by 20% for the next six seconds (Resistance I). If timed right before an encounter, this could be the difference between life and death. It could also be used in some clutch escapes, to reduce fall damage, or to deal with mobs. It will also have a thirty second cool-down.

Resurrection wand
Timing is everything for this wand. If you die within three seconds of its activation, you will be brought back to life with five hearts, in a similar fashion to the Totem of Undying. It will have a 60 minute cool-down, meaning that each wand is only good for one resurrection. I suppose the lore behind this could be that it drains all of its energy in resurrecting you or something.

Gorgon wand
The Gorgon wand will also shoot a projectile, much like how the Roulette wand will shoot eggs, arrows, and snowballs. However, this projectile will deal no knockback nor damage. Instead, it will freeze the opponent in place for seven seconds. Its cool-down will be 120 seconds, meaning that if you miss or you waste it, you're probably not going to be using it again any time soon. This wand could be used strategically to stun a close enemy, so that you can shoot them from afar with a bow. Alternatively, it could be used in escapes.

Regeneration wand
The Regeneration wand, alongside its already mediocre ability, will instantly free the user from the effects of the Gorgon wand when activated. It's a small buff, but turns what would otherwise be an overpowered wand into just a very good wand. Its cool-down time will remain the same.

Luckier blocks
You know those lucky blocks that are on top of the canvases in 'Art'? Or the blocks that are beneath the spawn islands in 'Dinner'? If you don't, then that's why this suggestion will work so well. I propose removing some of the harder-to-reach or obscure lucky blocks, and changing them so that they're green instead of yellow. These green lucky blocks, ever so creatively named 'Luckier blocks', will always give the player a wand. There will only be a handful of them on each map, but they'll reward map knowledge and also encourage players to go that one step further to obtain what will always be a good drop.

Here is what they'll look like, though in 2D:
upload_2017-8-20_20-47-59.png

New vote options
The Lapiz rank is the worst rank on the server. Sorry, not sorry. Therefore, it would make sense to give these new voting options a Lapiz+ rank requirement. If you're a big Lucky Islands enthusiast, these voting options are hopefully something that you'd be willing to pay £25 for.

Loot Shower Mode
Loot Shower Mode is essentially the 'Luckier loot' power-up that you can rarely obtain, but instead of only lasting thirty seconds, it's permanently active. This means that players will be finding far more generous loot, with little to no negative loot.

Lucky perks
This is a pretty experimental idea, but basically, every player will be given one of the following power-ups at random:
-Speed II
-Regeneration I
-Strength I
-Resistance I

These perks will be given from spawn, and will last forever. Obviously the Strength and Resistance perks will somewhat balance one another out, whereas Speed allows for strafing and easy getaways, and Regeneration I encourages flight, since you'd have more to benefit from being out of combat than your opponent. Perhaps Strength I might be too overpowered though, in which case, just remove it. I'm not actually sure how many people would vote for this though, so please leave your feedback on this idea.

Less luck needed
Another experimental idea of mine. The two resources that I find myself helpless without, are blocks and food. Thus, I propose in this variant, giving every player twenty blocks, and five pieces of steak off the start. Sure, it could just be a kit, but if you find yourself without any of these two things, you're at a major disadvantage. Hell, on maps like 'Steampunk', if you don't receive blocks, you may as well leave due to how far behind you'll be by the time you get to middle. Again, please provide feedback on this idea. Thnx c:

New maps

Given the theme of the game itself, these maps will all be themed after the 'Super Mario' franchise. They'll all have generic names, so even if you haven't played the games that they're inspired from, you can still enjoy the map. However, if you have played said games, then I'm sure you'll appreciate the maps that much more.

Festival
This map sees the player spawn in on hot air balloons in the sky, and is themed after Pianta Village from 'Super Mario Sunshine'. The sky will be filled with fluff, and the players must get to the village in the middle where the majority of the fighting will go down.

Aerial view of Pianta Village
Pianta_Village.jpg

Amusement park
This map will have players spawn in Ferris wheel carts, and is themed after Pinna Park from 'Super Mario Sunshine'. Their job is to, of course, reach the middle island, which resembles a large, floating ship. They can do so by climbing up their cart and to the top of the map, where they may then dangerously run across a pre-made bridge. The bridge is not finished however, meaning that some building will still be required.
Pinna-Park-Ferris-Wheel.png

Rainbow Road
This map is inspired by the race track of the same name from 'Mario Kart 64'. I chose this map in particular by looking at DigitalSpy's list of the best tracks in the franchise's history (found here), concluding that it's the most original compared to the maps Lucky Islands already has. The player will spawn in on a small patch of rainbow terrain, and a couple of poorly placed guard rails. Between the spawn islands and the middle, will be thwomps (those big, spiky blocks that fall) that hide treasure within them. The middle island will of course, be a star surrounded by more rainbow terrain. You can break into said star, but remember, it's thin!

sh008_by_chunzprocessor-d6zhezz.jpg

Mushroom kingdom
Makes sense, considering what the lucky blocks resemble. This will essentially be the 'Mario' map from Team Skywars, pasted into Lucky Islands as a three-player map. Though, there will be less islands, and they'll be much closer to the middle.
Mario%20Bros%20color%202.jpg

Achievements

Achievement:
A second chance
Requirement: Kill the player that killed you by using the Resurrection wand
Rewards: 100 experience, 1 cubelet

Achievement: Your luck just ran out
Requirement: Kill the same player twice in one game (Resurrection wand)

Achievement: Luck had nothing to do with it
Requirement: Kill a player with less than two hearts remaining, with the Aegis wand activated

Achievement: I don't need luck
Requirement: Win a game without breaking a single lucky block
Rewards: 200 experience

Achievement: Better 'luck' next time
Requirement: Die within twenty seconds of the game starting to a vortex trap
Rewards: 50 experience, 20 points, a bit of sympathy

Achievement: Black Friday
Requirement: Trade with a villager
Rewards: 80 experience, 20 points

Achievement: Gambler
Requirement: Break 20 lucky blocks in a single game
Rewards: 120 experience

Achievement: The fortunate
Requirement: Equip a full set of diamond armour

Achievement: The betrayed
Requirement: Die to the blaze that you summoned
Rewards: 50 experience

Achievement: Dragonborn
Requirement: Kill a player using the Dragonfire wand
Rewards: 100 experience

Achievement: Russian roulette
Requirement: Kill a player using the Roulette wand

Achievement: Medic
Requirement: Activate a Regeneration wand with 0.5 hearts left
Rewards:
100 experience

Achievement: Zeus' wrath
Requirement: Kill a player that's hiding inside a shield, using the Lightning wand

Achievement: Dragonbane
Requirement: Die to the dragon that you summoned
Rewards: LOL idiot! I mean, 100 experience

Lastly, a reminder that the server needs a new website:
upload_2017-8-20_21-17-50.png

Sorry that it's not formatted better, but the website wouldn't let me use spoilers again :/
Thanks for reading c:

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm going to say that Lucky Islands is my favourite Skywars-like gamemode. It's better than Eggwars, Tower Defenders, hell, it's better than Skywars itself. The perfect rarity of projectiles in this game, combined with a system that gives players less loot, thereby rewarding kills, means that no game is ever boring. Camping is both difficult and unrewarding, whereas rushing and using well-thought-out strategies is very rewarding. With that being said, it hasn't had an update in a while, and it sure could use one.

Funny how the wands, the main gimmick of Lucky Islands, are all useless with an exception to perhaps the Shield wand or TNT Wand. Even so, due to their immense cool-downs and lack of use in most situations, having them isn't going to change up the gameplay much at all. I propose both adding new wands, and changing existing wands, to better diversify gameplay.

I propose renaming the 'Slime wand' to the 'Roulette wand'. This wand will still shoot out a projectile, however it will not necessarily be a slime. Here are six projectiles that I recommend it fire:
-Slime mob
-Snowball
-Egg
-Arrow
-Diamond
-Chicken

See how the wand is a thousand times more practical now? When not in combat, the player can use it in hopes of getting either a diamond for gear, or a chicken for food, two necessities that are often times scarce in Lucky Islands. When in combat, the player can hope for either an arrow or a slime, to either deal cheap, one-time damage from afar, or to distract their opponent. If you notice that a player is bridging, you can hope for either a slime, snowball, egg, or arrow. This essentially makes the wand a bow with infinite ammunition, but with a hefty cool-down.

Dragonfire wand
This is another wand that is rarely used. I simply propose changing it so that it instead emits a large fireball, rather than a sporadic shower of fire. How often are you actually going to even hit somebody with the Dragonfire wand as it currently stands? Next to never, because you cannot control where the fires land. How often, assuming you hit your target, is it going to change the outcome of a fight? Next to never, because who in their right mind would even use this thing at close range? The fireball that it shoots will be on par with a ghast fireball, meaning that it will do some explosive damage, and assuming it makes direct contact, will also inflict fire on your opponent. This makes it a force to be reckoned with, both up close and from afar. Its cool-down will remain the same.

Lightning wand
Easily the worst wand in the game, period. It's so difficult to hit, even if against an idle target, unless you're very close to your opponent. It deals an unreliable amount of damage, and simply doesn't need to exist. Here me out, because what I suggest be done might sound a little pointless at first glance. You know how people use the Shield wand to save themselves when they get hit off the map? Or use it when they have no blocks to bridge across gaps? Well, have the lightning shield not only instantly destroy the shield, but also deal five hearts of damage, guaranteed, to everybody inside. This will therefore serve as a very useful counter-measure to what's probably the best wand in the game thus far. I suggested this quite a while back, and absolutely love the idea. It's so small, yet probably one of my favourite suggestions to date.

Gravitation wand
This is a new wand that intends to add extra usage to wands. I mentioned it briefly in my Cubecraft 3.0 thread, as well as the other two new wands that I am going to suggest in this thread, which you can find here. Basically, the wand will send the user ten blocks into the air, and will also totally negate all fall damage for six seconds. This wand can be used to traverse short gaps (such as between the canvases and the centre stage in 'Art'), or used to escape by elevating oneself to a higher platform instantly (such as the pig in the middle of 'Dinner', or the pots of paint in 'Art', houses in 'Steampunk', etc.). It will have a thirty second cool-down.

Aegis wand
The Aegis wand is very simple in what it does, yet will be used in combat, unlike any other wand as of current. Sure, it could be argued that the Regeneration wand can be used in combat, but be honest, is it really going to change the outcome of a fight, with how long the effect lasts? Anyways, the Aegis wand will reduce damage received by 20% for the next six seconds (Resistance I). If timed right before an encounter, this could be the difference between life and death. It could also be used in some clutch escapes, to reduce fall damage, or to deal with mobs. It will also have a thirty second cool-down.

Resurrection wand
Timing is everything for this wand. If you die within three seconds of its activation, you will be brought back to life with five hearts, in a similar fashion to the Totem of Undying. It will have a 60 minute cool-down, meaning that each wand is only good for one resurrection. I suppose the lore behind this could be that it drains all of its energy in resurrecting you or something.

Gorgon wand
The Gorgon wand will also shoot a projectile, much like how the Roulette wand will shoot eggs, arrows, and snowballs. However, this projectile will deal no knockback nor damage. Instead, it will freeze the opponent in place for seven seconds. Its cool-down will be 120 seconds, meaning that if you miss or you waste it, you're probably not going to be using it again any time soon. This wand could be used strategically to stun a close enemy, so that you can shoot them from afar with a bow. Alternatively, it could be used in escapes.

Regeneration wand
The Regeneration wand, alongside its already mediocre ability, will instantly free the user from the effects of the Gorgon wand when activated. It's a small buff, but turns what would otherwise be an overpowered wand into just a very good wand. Its cool-down time will remain the same.

Luckier blocks
You know those lucky blocks that are on top of the canvases in 'Art'? Or the blocks that are beneath the spawn islands in 'Dinner'? If you don't, then that's why this suggestion will work so well. I propose removing some of the harder-to-reach or obscure lucky blocks, and changing them so that they're green instead of yellow. These green lucky blocks, ever so creatively named 'Luckier blocks', will always give the player a wand. There will only be a handful of them on each map, but they'll reward map knowledge and also encourage players to go that one step further to obtain what will always be a good drop.

View attachment 136645

New vote options
The Lapiz rank is the worst rank on the server. Sorry, not sorry. Therefore, it would make sense to give these new voting options a Lapiz+ rank requirement. If you're a big Lucky Islands enthusiast, these voting options are hopefully something that you'd be willing to pay £25 for.

Loot Shower Mode
Loot Shower Mode is essentially the 'Luckier loot' power-up that you can rarely obtain, but instead of only lasting thirty seconds, it's permanently active. This means that players will be finding far more generous loot, with little to no negative loot.

Lucky perks
This is a pretty experimental idea, but basically, every player will be given one of the following power-ups at random:
-Speed II
-Regeneration I
-Strength I
-Resistance I

These perks will be given from spawn, and will last forever. Obviously the Strength and Resistance perks will somewhat balance one another out, whereas Speed allows for strafing and easy getaways, and Regeneration I encourages flight, since you'd have more to benefit from being out of combat than your opponent. Perhaps Strength I might be too overpowered though, in which case, just remove it. I'm not actually sure how many people would vote for this though, so please leave your feedback on this idea.

Less luck needed
Another experimental idea of mine. The two resources that I find myself helpless without, are blocks and food. Thus, I propose in this variant, giving every player twenty blocks, and five pieces of steak off the start. Sure, it could just be a kit, but if you find yourself without any of these two things, you're at a major disadvantage. Hell, on maps like 'Steampunk', if you don't receive blocks, you may as well leave due to how far behind you'll be by the time you get to middle. Again, please provide feedback on this idea. Thnx c:

New maps

Given the theme of the game itself, these maps will all be themed after the 'Super Mario' franchise. They'll all have generic names, so even if you haven't played the games that they're inspired from, you can still enjoy the map. However, if you have played said games, then I'm sure you'll appreciate the maps that much more.

Festival
This map sees the player spawn in on hot air balloons in the sky, and is themed after Pianta Village from 'Super Mario Sunshine'. The sky will be filled with fluff, and the players must get to the village in the middle where the majority of the fighting will go down.

Pianta_Village.jpg

Amusement park
This map will have players spawn in Ferris wheel carts, and is themed after Pinna Park from 'Super Mario Sunshine'. Their job is to, of course, reach the middle island, which resembles a large, floating ship. They can do so by climbing up their cart and to the top of the map, where they may then dangerously run across a pre-made bridge. The bridge is not finished however, meaning that some building will still be required.

Rainbow Road
This map is inspired by the race track of the same name from 'Mario Kart 64'. I chose this map in particular by looking at DigitalSpy's list of the best tracks in the franchise's history (found here), concluding that it's the most original compared to the maps Lucky Islands already has. The player will spawn in on a small patch of rainbow terrain, and a couple of poorly placed guard rails. Between the spawn islands and the middle, will be thwomps (those big, spiky blocks that fall) that hide treasure within them. The middle island will of course, be a star surrounded by more rainbow terrain. You can break into said star, but remember, it's thin!

Mushroom kingdom
Makes sense, considering what the lucky blocks resemble. This will essentially be the 'Mario' map from Team Skywars, pasted into Lucky Islands as a three-player map. Though, there will be less islands, and they'll be much closer to the middle.

Achievements

Achievement:
A second chance

Requirement: Kill a player with less than two hearts remaining, with the Aegis wand activated

Rewards:
100 experience

Requirement: Kill a player that's hiding inside a shield, using the Lightning wand

View attachment 136646

Sorry that it's not formatted better, but the website wouldn't let me use spoilers again :/
Thanks for reading c:

I LOVE THIS AND I CANT FIND ANYMORE WORDS TO SAY HOW AWESOME THIS AND YOUR THREADS ARE!!!
TAKE THIS INSTEAD!!!

P.S XenoFourms is the best out there so :/

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
I became a lucky islands fan a few days ago, and I honestly love what you made here. Some things might seem a bit OP in my opinion (Such as the Gorgon wand or the 'Lucky Perks' vote option). But other than that I'd love to see some things getting added in a future lucky islands update! Amazing job Snap, well done! :)

AmyFove_714

Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
These ideas are great you have put so much thought into this, it would be a great update to Lucky Island's. My favourite ideas of yours would be the Rainbow Road map (I love Mario Kart and I think it would look so cool) and the Roulette wand is a great idea because the slime on its own is quite boring and most of the time does nothing combat wise lmao. This would be a great change and would be either good or bad for the player (depending on what they need) and would make the game more exciting. :D

Reactions: Foxy011

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom

-Slime mob
-Snowball
-Egg
-Arrow
-Diamond
-Chicken

Dragonfire wand

Lightning wand

Gravitation wand

Aegis wand

Resurrection wand

Gorgon wand

Regeneration wand

Luckier blocks

View attachment 136645

New vote options

Loot Shower Mode

Lucky perks
-Speed II
-Regeneration I
-Strength I
-Resistance I

Less luck needed

New maps

Festival

Pianta_Village.jpg

Amusement park

Rainbow Road

Mushroom kingdom

Achievements

Achievement:
A second chance

Rewards:
100 experience

View attachment 136646

Thanks for reading c:

An incredible amount of detail you have put into this is phenomenal - well done! I think your ideas and points are really good. I especially like the idea of the 'luckier blocks', as this would make the game more exciting and give players a challenge! +1 for me.
~ Foxy011

F

Facelurite

Hey. I got a better idea for the ressuruction thing. Have it do damage to all its surroundings , kill mobs , evaporate water , decay leaves and turn grass into dirt.

Basically it would be better if it sucked the life out of its surroundings- a negative effect would be you would have no more that 5 hearts the whole game.

L

Lepzi

These are really great ideas! And I do agree with a lot of people some of the items is a bit op xD But you have really put a lot of time in this so nice job!

hub3rt

Feb 3, 2017

Hey @Snap ! I have now had the chance to sit down and read through this, you've put a lot of work into this I can tell! I love some of the ideas, and have saved the thread as a document to help with a Lucky Islands update in future. I can't guarantee any of it will make the update in the current form but I'm going to bring all the ideas to the table and see how we can incorporate them!

I'm not sure we could make the maps happen, that would be a comment from @Efcluke94 but we do have to be careful with map designs etc.

Thank you for this though, it should help!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom