Votes: 25 89.3%
  • nope

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

TacoManMx

Sep 6, 2016
Mexico
www.youtube.com
My suggestion is to aloud these too things, because all Spanish, Mexican and other latin contrys can't say like: perdón, caña, más, así, aquí, and more. I suggest this because is very upset to try to ask or comunicate something and nobody understands you.
Thanks, hope you make this.

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
I am not Spanish, so I never talk with these letters, but if there are communication problems, it would be very useful to understand each other if you can talk with these letters :)

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
I am not Spanish, so I never talk with these letters, but if there are communication problems, it would be very useful to understand each other :)
There are, for example "Sois españoles (Are you from Spain)" or "Hablais español(Do you speak Spanish?)"

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
The majority if people I see on the server lately speak spanish so I would ♡ this idea being added and just having to report a couple more people for chat bypass
♡♡♡♡

SrNatsu

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2016
Barcelona, Spain
www.instagram.com
Yes, when I play with spanish people, it's a bit difficult to understand us because of these "symbols"(ñ,´).
There are few words in spanish with these "symbols" that are common like (montaña, caña, español,más...)
I support this idea! +1

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
It's cubecraft's fault, you can check it right now, go to a singleplayer world and try it. They did this so people couldn't bypass thy chatfilter by using for instance fùck etc. which is completele nonsense anyway.

I support this 100%
That's the problem, I can't check right now :p
I can remember not being able to use ñ/à/á in single player, but that might be a command block issue (still not 100% sure).

I complety agree with this idea, as I speak spanish too and I had this issue earlier. +1

samitannir

Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2016
Somewhere
I support this idea! As Spanish people need these letters in order to understand one another better!

Last edited:

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
100% agree and also, there are words that are can have other meaning if you don't type it correctly (I mean with ' or ñ).
I would suggest to add these symbols too (for spanish people): ¿ and ¡

Tomasito

Apr 23, 2016
Netherlands
Minecraft is written in Java, which is Unicode. That means that in theory, all characters are supported, from Spanish eñes to Chinese, to Arabic characters, to emojis. The only bottleneck, though, is the font that Minecraft uses for the chat, whose support for Unicode is far from complete, as seen here on dafont. However, it does cover all accentuated vowels, both grave (à) and acute (á) as well as the German ß, the Spanish ñ, the Portuguese ã and the French œ.

Being Spanish myself, a restriction on accents forces me to write poor Spanish, which is something we should probably not stimulate, especially having young kids being a great part of our Cubecraft gaming community. For example, it forces me to write Que haces? instead of ¿Qué haces? or tambien instead of también. And although I am not German, I can imagine that it can be a pain to have to write gros instead of groß.

The developers should probably add an extra layer in between the bad words filter, which would normalize the text input to ASCII. This would convert dônàld trümp to donald trump, which would not pass the bad words filter :)

In technical terms, this is called a Unicode decoder. I have experience with Unidecode, for Python, which works quite well. For Java I've read good things about JUnidecode, although I haven't worked with it yet myself.

Last edited:

Rakion

Aug 2, 2016
Minecraft is written in Java, which is Unicode. That means that in theory, all characters are supported, from Spanish eñes to Chinese, to Arabic characters, to emojis. The only bottleneck, though, is the font that Minecraft uses for the chat, whose support for Unicode is far from complete, as seen here on dafont. However, it does cover all accentuated vowels, both grave (à) and acute (á) as well as the German ß, the Spanish ñ, the Portuguese ã and the French œ.

Being Spanish myself, a restriction on accents forces me to write poor Spanish, which is something we should probably not stimulate, especially having young kids being a great part of our Cubecraft gaming community. For example, it forces me to write Que haces? instead of ¿Qué haces? or tambien instead of también. And although I am not German, I can imagine that it can be a pain to have to write gros instead of groß.

The developers should probably add an extra layer in between the bad words filter, which would normalize the text input to ASCII so that trûmp would be trump, after which it would be picked by the filter and not pass.
Maybe they don't add the ¿ or the é you know with the little line, but they can add the ñ, I myself am Colombian from SA our main language is spanish, I support this idea, eventhough they need to add another type of chat filter, well then so be it. If it means to support the latino letters, and make the experience more enjoyable that should be CubeCraft's goal, so

+1

Tomasito

Apr 23, 2016
Netherlands
I think they should allow those things, but if they do, they should block the words used to bypass the filter.

We should obviously need a workaround to that, but making exceptions by hand is probably a bad idea. A simple Unicode decoder would do the trick. See my previous post for more details ;-)

G

Gamerfull

I think the letter Ñ should be able to write in the chat ... Because for the Spaniards it is uncomfortable to speak sometimes without that letter

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday mister Ducky 🎉🥳
BurgerCat13 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Kloskyy!!!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy bday 🥳
Xi1m wrote on Kloska's profile.