Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
Agree.

I agree with this, to not allow every player. Only players that are level 50+ and/or players that play more then a year.
Because it must be (very) special to play a game that isnt finished and play earlier than normal.
why are players not allwed to give feedback that is the stupiest thing I heard of. Because that is the tought about this thread and the lobby "LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE"

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Let the players decide. Yes.
Not on the forums, but in the game.

They could use this to release new gamemodes, and to see if the playerbase likes it or not. However, they could also use this when a gamemode gets updated.

Let's pick an easy example: UHC.
The team has decided to update UHC using a system similar to this. By giving the players to option to tell whether they like a certain change or not.

On this beta server the player should be able to vote for every individual (and noticeable) change. For example: normal terrain as a new map. 80% or the players vote yes.. meaning it will stay. Changes will get made over time and the changes will stay permanently when the playerbase likes it.

In the end some big exciting stuff will get added (to keep the surprise) and the new update replaces the old version of the game.

This is just something realistic I could came up with on how to use the 'let the players decide' system with game updates.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
These games were released but the were full of bugs so, another reason to add this lobby so players can report bugs.
This Is Kind Of Backwards A Lot Of People Are Hating Game Breaking Bugs (Which isn't dumb it makes sense) But people blame these bugs on sloppy developing so devs just don't care to fix them when really there are 2 things wrong with that assumption Firstly Most Bugs Occur Out Of The Blue They Just started happening 1 day (an example is when Fantasy took over Survival Games it just happened which most bugs do that or devs don't actually know about them) the second thing is deadlines devs can't always fix every bug in beta because they have a deadline

now for your suggestion as a whole if you mean let the players decide whether a game is good or not will cause a lot of outrage of people with different opinions
as well as that would mean players could likely tamper with the game to break it if they could in developement

Reactions: Lilleh__

TDSkitz

Aug 24, 2016
USA || FL
www.minecraft.net
I fully support this idea its great! Though what if this "Beta Lobby" Was not linked to the "Main Games". What I mean is that the "Beta Lobby" Has games but those games give you different points, Vanity Points, and Experience so It doesn't effect the "Main Games" like Eggwars or Lucky Isands.
Example:
Say you have 30 Levels with 2500 Vanity Points and 486 Points. In the "Beta Lobby" You would have 0 Levels With 0 Vanity Points and 0 Points. Meaning that you earn those by playing the "Beta Games". (I really hope this makes sense ^-^)

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
We considered doing a testing lobby around a year before Hypixel released their PTL. It may be something that we look at doing. I'll happily suggest it in our meetings.
wonderful
EDIT: I think John Coles's answer is the best way to put it. We'll take your suggestion into consideration, but you need to understand that having an open beta/test lobby is not nearly as simple as you think it is.
While it is true its not easy, look at the advantages

1. Players can find bugs that staff testing did not find players outnumber you by thousands
2. A open or rank private beta also allows players to find flaws, such as mistakes in spelling, an inefficient and impractical building system, or missing elements
3. It allows players to suggest ideas more directly such as "wouldnt this work better than that"

Reactions: DanDaDino

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
why are players not allwed to give feedback that is the stupiest thing I heard of. Because that is the tought about this thread and the lobby "LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE"
The problem is: MOST PEOPLE WON'T GIVE ANY FEEDBACK. Most people would play the game only to say "What a shitty game, lot of bugs" without any kind of useful comments. That's why restricting it to a small amount of players (imo, the more active/veteran players, cause they should have more influence than somebody that joined yesterday) would nake it a lot easier. Most of the players don't have a forums account, so giving feedback would be impossible, or at the very least, really tedious.

I'm glad you said this! this is what I mean with let the players decide. 18 people were liking this 19 also staff members and now you gonna say you cant say that after alot of people were agree with my suggestion.
This comment makes no sense at all... Tacos is involved in running the server, he does know whether it would work or not. People might've liked your idea, that doesn't mean these people have experience running a giant server, and it does definitely not mean that your idea is bulletproof.

Also, I think it's pretty ironic you want the people to give feedback, while you don't accept criticism yourself...

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
So.... why is blockband still a thing?
Gets more players than Control Point did at the end. It's nice to have some diversity in our games as well. If it becomes incredibly unpopular, it'll probably go the same way as the others.

There's no other gamemode to fit in its place.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pretty much. No reason to dump a game that still gets players and isn't throwing issues.

On Topic: John's already stated that he'll be bringing this idea up at the next management meeting. It doesn't really get much better than that in terms of responses to suggestions, so I'm gonna go ahead and lock this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.