Status
Not open for further replies.

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
THIS IS FOR STAFF ADMINS, OWNERS AND SR. MODERATORS
WHO CAN DO SOMETHING.
(
I said im not waiting for reactions from members but you're allowed to react)

So hey, I'm framb00s you'ill probably know me

This is my thoughts about a topic.

So, me and a lot of other people were talking about a BetaLobby for Cubecraft that's the same as the PTLobby from hypixel and I really think a beta lobby is good for Cubecraft. If you look to UHC, Creative, ControlPoint and MoneyWalls.

ControlPoint / MoneyWalls
These games got nerfed because no one played it. And then you're going to think 'How can we fix this?' because developing a game takes a lot of time and if you remove a game what cost a lot of time then you've wasted your time and that's not what you want. That's the reason I come with this suggestion LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE! I don't care how you're going to do this or what but in my opinion it is very important to let the players decide because the players are the kings and if they aren't going to play YOUR games then you have a problem. So, I suggest adding a lobby where players can play HARD beta games to earn cubes to send them to a minigame like a voting system.

UHC / Creative
These games were released but the were full of bugs so, another reason to add this lobby so players can report bugs.

TAGS:
@johncoles @rubik_cube_man @Tacosbefriends @Efcluke94

LITTLE FAQ
()

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I actually kinda agree with this. Staff always says "We test games out but can't always find every bug while playing a few games but players find more often bugs after it's released". A BetaLobby is a good way to let members test the new gamemodes so new gamemodes and updates won't be released with bugs everywhere and most important; members get more involved in updates and new gamemodes by giving feedback and testing out maps.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I'll only support this, after they've implemented all they are promising. (Meaning: Party system, UHC bug fixes, Creative bug fixes, etc.)
I know, I know, "It's been delayed for 3 years" 'n stuff, but you can't just add more onto their plate & expect them to still implement it. It'll just take more time, which will cause more players to complain about it.

I also like how "Betalobby" is basically "Release a game to bug test for us!"

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Having a beta-lobby definitely comes with a lot of benefits. We are able to get rid of a load of bugs before an official release,we are able to test out new metas for any existing gamemodes and ask for feedback and we are able to incorporate user-suggestions to see if it is viable, as it is hard to visualise a suggestion without actually putting it into gameplay. However, we do extensive testing as a staff team, and obviously we do want your inputs with everything. When we do release a gamemode, we plead players (and staff, obviously) to report as many bugs as possible to put it all to one side, as well as suggest anything that may help gameplay, which furthers my reasons as to why a beta-lobby may be a good addition.

I am quite in favour with this suggestion. And I saw that you guys were talking about it on the discord -- I will definitely be paying more attention on the suggestions forums to give my input and possibly forward anything to higher-ups where needed.

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
I'll only support this, after they've implemented all they are promising. (Meaning: Party system, UHC bug fixes, Creative bug fixes, etc.)
I know, I know, "It's been delayed for 3 years" 'n stuff, but you can't just add more onto their plate & expect them to still implement it. It'll just take more time, which will cause more players to complain about it.

I also like how "Betalobby" is basically "Release a game to bug test for us!"
If they released everything before implementing the betalobby... What would be the point of the betalobby?
I agree the betalobby would be cool. Maybe they should give acces to the betalobby to every member that has been on the forums for over a year?

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
has been on the forums for over a year?
giphy.gif

The whole points of the beta lobby is is that every player can give feedback to the staff / game developers.

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Instead of making a Beta lobby, make a Alpha lobby. Why not test the game in the baby stages?
A few ways to support this:
  • Add a separate Sub-Forum for Alpha games. This would have a Forum for each game and each game will have a forum for suggestion and bugs.
  • Let every single player in the CubeCraft server have access to the test games. This way we can hear from the whole community. Remind players to Sign-Up to the forums.
  • Make the test games top-priority, update it regularly etc.
  • Have a voting system on the forums, so players will decide which game they opt for.
Give this thread all the support you can.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
giphy.gif

The whole points of the beta lobby is is that every player can give feedback to the staff / game developers.
And what's the easiest way to give feedback? The forums. And to avoid fake bug reports or a too high amount of feedback, restricting the betalobby to a small group of people with experience in this community (and thus knowing what the community wants) is a good idea.

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
Instead of making a Beta lobby, make a Alpha lobby. Why not test the game in the baby stages?
In my opinion it's almost the same.

Add a separate Sub-Forum for Alpha games. This would have a Forum for each game and each game will have a forum for suggestion and bugs.
  • Make the test games top-priority, update it regularly etc.
  • Have a voting system on the forums, so players will decide which game they opt for.
yup agree

Let every single player in the CubeCraft server have access to the test games. This way we can hear from the whole community. Remind players to Sign-Up to the forums.
and this is what I mean @MaestroCygni EVERY SINGLE cubecraft player needs to have access to a subform without sign in it needs to be easy or like a book with questions.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
You don't have to bump a thread that's been posted on the same day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I won't post too much since this is mainly for staff who can actually forward this. I fully support this, its used by many developers all over the globe;
  • Minecraft Snapshots
  • Hypixel Beta Lobby
  • Modders use daily alpha versions to bug test
  • Google Chrome has Chromium and Canary browsers; Canary is a browser that is updated every night and is updated with whatever was done that day by the Chrome developers, its heavily buggy but it allows them to bug test straight from the get go.
  • Steam Early Access allows developers to make their games available to the public without being complete, this way they can test for bugs easier.
So, giving people who want to bug test new things- access to them if they want to, helps them to actually bug test because believe it or not; people want to help their favourite software and games do well and be better, if them using unstable versions of software and reporting bugs helps it get released and updated faster then they will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom