Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISTY.

Forum Expert
Dec 26, 2016
London
www.nasa.gov
Having a beta-lobby definitely comes with a lot of benefits. We are able to get rid of a load of bugs before an official release,we are able to test out new metas for any existing gamemodes and ask for feedback and we are able to incorporate user-suggestions to see if it is viable, as it is hard to visualise a suggestion without actually putting it into gameplay. However, we do extensive testing as a staff team, and obviously we do want your inputs with everything. When we do release a gamemode, we plead players (and staff, obviously) to report as many bugs as possible to put it all to one side, as well as suggest anything that may help gameplay, which furthers my reasons as to why a beta-lobby may be a good addition.

I am quite in favour with this suggestion. And I saw that you guys were talking about it on the discord -- I will definitely be paying more attention on the suggestions forums to give my input and possibly forward anything to higher-ups where needed.
Oh, also, Dotsy told me to post this on his behalf as he is banned.
186e4d36b4ff4f6b80bc13de0c0e1f0d.png

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
We considered doing a testing lobby around a year before Hypixel released their PTL. It may be something that we look at doing. I'll happily suggest it in our meetings.
why did you not implemented a year ago? is the suggestion now accept? can I get noticed when it gets implemented?

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Oh, also, Dotsy told me to post this on his behalf as he is banned.
186e4d36b4ff4f6b80bc13de0c0e1f0d.png
Yeah, that's also a good reason to have a beta-lobby. More support == more of a reason for it to be added. But of course, if we squash bugs for an official update, then we can get it out sooner from the beta-lobby and into the main network. :P

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
THIS IS FOR STAFF ADMINS, OWNERS AND SR. MODERATORS
WHO CAN DO SOMETHING.
(
I said im not waiting for reactions from members but you're allowed to react)

So hey, I'm framb00s you'ill probably know me

This is my thoughts about a topic.

So, me and a lot of other people were talking about a BetaLobby for Cubecraft that's the same as the PTLobby from hypixel and I really think a beta lobby is good for Cubecraft. If you look to UHC, Creative, ControlPoint and MoneyWalls.

ControlPoint / MoneyWalls
These games got nerfed because no one played it. And then you're going to think 'How can we fix this?' because developing a game takes a lot of time and if you remove a game what cost a lot of time then you've wasted your time and that's not what you want. That's the reason I come with this suggestion LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE! I don't care how you're going to do this or what but in my opinion it is very important to let the players decide because the players are the kings and if they aren't going to play YOUR games then you have a problem. So, I suggest adding a lobby where players can play HARD beta games to earn cubes to send them to a minigame like a voting system.

UHC / Creative
These games were released but the were full of bugs so, another reason to add this lobby so players can report bugs.

TAGS:
@johncoles @rubik_cube_man @Tacosbefriends @Efcluke94

LITTLE FAQ
()

Yes!

Reactions: LanceDaniels

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I agree with this idea! It would help cubecraft so much for removing as many bugs as possible and making the game as good as possible before releasing it.
There are alot of other points mentioned above so i wont mention more.
Though, there is only one negative to this, and its not do big, but here it is, that the surprise of a new update or game wont be as big because its in beta stage and when it is released then its not that huge. But thinking further about this, you still get a sruprose when its released in beta stages, its just not the same.
Either way, i dont really care about that, so i would no matter what, love to see a beta lobby for new games and stuff.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I believe that this is a good idea, now it doesn't mean that the staff test the game extensively that it is done quickly and as efficiently as possible. This would make the whole system of bringing out new games and fixing bugs much faster. I feel that there are certain things that have been dragged on by the server forever at this point and I'm not sure what can or can't be taken seriously in terms of what will and won't get fixed/implemented. (Maybe get rid of as many bugs and glitches now before implementing more features which will just increase the length of the "To do" list.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
LET THE PLAYERS DECIDE!
no one played it
The players decided not to play it. By not playing it, it showed us that these games were not popular or worth keeping around. Even before the Money Walls bug of death came around, Money Walls was a very unpopular and, honestly, uncreative game.

These games were released but the were full of bugs so, another reason to add this lobby so players can report bugs.
Ironically, an open beta would require us to beta test the possibility of having an open beta. It would simply slow down our progress and put more on our dev team's plate. Running a test party on our current network is already more than a song and dance. I can barely imagine the nightmare that would come with monitoring games played by players, the majority of which won't bother to report any bugs they come across. I've met players who didn't even know we had a staff team; I doubt the majority of them will know how to report a bug. Even the ones who do know how to report are oftentimes caught abusing them rather than helping us fix the issues.

All in all, it sounds like a fantastic idea... on paper. Perhaps we could have a team of dedicated, long-time players help test bugs, but what you're suggesting just sounds hectic for both our staff and dev teams.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
The players decided not to play it. By not playing it, it showed us that these games were not popular or worth keeping around. Even before the Money Walls bug of death came around, Money Walls was a very unpopular and, honestly, uncreative game.

Ironically, an open beta would require us to beta test the possibility of having an open beta. It would simply slow down our progress and put more on our dev team's plate. Running a test party on our current network is already more than a song and dance. I can barely imagine the nightmare that would come with monitoring games played by players, the majority of which won't bother to report any bugs they come across. I've met players who didn't even know we had a staff team; I doubt the majority of them will know how to report a bug. Even the ones who do know how to report are oftentimes caught abusing them rather than helping us fix the issues.

All in all, it sounds like a fantastic idea... on paper. Perhaps we could have a team of dedicated, long-time players help test bugs, but what you're suggesting just sounds hectic for both our staff and dev teams.

I completely agree Taco, I feel that the list of bugs/glitches currently present should be resolved instead of trying to add new features to try to reduce them but in reality only making the situation worse. It may not be a bad idea to slow down with progressing new gamemode/etc and to fix everything now rather than make the list get longer and giving the impression that nothing is getting fixed.

Reactions: Tacosbefriends

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
Yes, the players decided to not play it. And how long does it take to create the mingame? All that time have been wasted.

It would simply slow down our progress
it doesn't slow down because the minigame is technically already released.

I've met players who didn't even know we had a staff team
So? also that type of players have their thought about minigames. What I mean with the beta lobby is is that players can give their feedback about the minigame that CC created the bug report thing doesn't really matter it isn't the most important thing of the BetaLobby

I doubt the majority of them will know how to report a bug.
So? alot of people DO know how to report a bug

All in all, it sounds like a fantastic idea... on paper.
I'm glad you said this! this is what I mean with let the players decide. 18 people were liking this 19 also staff members and now you gonna say
All in all, it sounds like a fantastic idea... on paper.
you cant say that after alot of people were agree with my suggestion.

Perhaps we could have a team of dedicated, long-time players help test bugs,
No, what I already said I think anyone is allowed to give tips / feedback and test new games because WE DECIDE fo WE gonna play a game and if only 5 people gonna reply I think you don't have enough feedback.

Reactions: skifby

Baploon

Dedicated Member
Feb 29, 2016
I believe that this is a good idea, now it doesn't mean that the staff test the game extensively that it is done quickly and as efficiently as possible. This would make the whole system of bringing out new games and fixing bugs much faster. I feel that there are certain things that have been dragged on by the server forever at this point and I'm not sure what can or can't be taken seriously in terms of what will and won't get fixed/implemented. (Maybe get rid of as many bugs and glitches now before implementing more features which will just increase the length of the "To do" list.
I completely agree Taco, I feel that the list of bugs/glitches currently present should be resolved instead of trying to add new features to try to reduce them but in reality only making the situation worse. It may not be a bad idea to slow down with progressing new gamemode/etc and to fix everything now rather than make the list get longer and giving the impression that nothing is getting fixed.

pls how much time do you need to change your mind lol

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
it doesn't slow down because the minigame is technically already released.
Trust me; there's a lot more to holding an open beta than simply plopping the game into the server and telling everyone "have at it."

you cant say that after alot of people were agree with my suggestion.
I can't have an unpopular opinion? I don't see the sense of tagging me if you don't want the opinion of someone who actually has something to do with the development of a game.

EDIT: I think John Coles's answer is the best way to put it. We'll take your suggestion into consideration, but you need to understand that having an open beta/test lobby is not nearly as simple as you think it is.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
pls how much time do you need to change your mind lol

It's called common sense. Adding a feature which will only cause MORE bugs will not help the workload that the staff team already have. They need to fix what is CURRENTLY an issue in order to avoid MORE COMPLAINTS about the amount of bugs on the server.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

StrikerDH

Jan 4, 2017
The Netherlands
So.... why is blockband still a thing?
Agree.

Perhaps we could have a team of dedicated, long-time players help test bugs
I agree with this, to not allow every player. Only players that are level 50+ and/or players that play more then a year.
Because it must be (very) special to play a game that isnt finished and play earlier than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Desiderata's profile.
henlo haha
UncleSpect wrote on MarkDeEngeMan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow mark! 🎈
anyone with admin/server mod skills and experience inncreating a discord server hmu it's for a project related to fhg (hope this isn't advertising bc it's gonna be cubecraft related either way)
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Eli's profile.
Heya cool person how are you today?:D
Kazwa wrote on Dreamer's profile.
thanks for the follow Dreamer! ^-^
images (1).jpg
Top Bottom