Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with there being a discord report system? (taking into account what i have said below)

• Yes

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 39.2%

• Total voters

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
DISCLAIMER: I am not saying staff should take the word of anyone who messages them on discord, nor do I say staff must do this as a requirement.

I want to suggest that any staff or helpers can accept reports over discord, hackers on both java and bedrock are very rampant and because of the useless anti-cheat on java and no anti-cheat on bedrock, it worsens more and more.

I want to suggest a method where any staff or helper that wishes to do so can receive a private message from someone who tells them to check a certain username, to which a helper or staff can /tpa to that person and watch them for any hacks, this means hackers will be banned efficiently by trusted staff only but people will not have to worry too much about getting recorded proof, especially phone and console users that may not have access to a means of recording.

With this, a rule can be implemented preventing people from going into the official Cubecraft discord and reporting someone as that can mean staff gets spammed unnecessarily against their will which would be wrong, staff have only been trained to tell the user to record and report to the website which is useless information as it lets the hacker keep playing for longer to ruin the games of other people as well as 9 times out of 10 means that they cannot do anything about it as most of the time if someone asks staff to look into a player on discord, it means they do not have recorded proof which as I have explained can be difficult unless you are recording all the time on OBS on a PC, mobile and console it becomes impossible.

It is always difficult to record a hacker as you will need to be live recording to be able to catch them in the act, but a simple private message to someone that wants to receive messages can "suggest" them a username to look into and ban.

A helper I know did use to do this but I speculate they are no longer doing so because of admin intervention, and I would like to voice that I completely disagree with this choice and it is only increasing the number of hackers, it is sending a message to people who care about the game that admins do not care as much for the server as they should.

I have also suggested multiple times to add a /report command however that has been denied as they wait for more staff to be employed.

Please take my suggestion into consideration, as it gives players a sense of comfort that they are not completely powerless against hackers.

MikaGreen1604

May 14, 2020
Don't you think that instant respond is unreasonable because staff has a life and other duties besides banning cheaters to.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
DISCLAIMER: I am not saying staff should take the word of anyone who messages them on discord, nor do I say staff must do this as a requirement.

I want to suggest that any staff or helpers can accept reports over discord, hackers on both java and bedrock are very rampant and because of the useless anti-cheat on java and no anti-cheat on bedrock, it worsens more and more.

I want to suggest a method where any staff or helper that wishes to do so can receive a private message from someone who tells them to check a certain username, to which a helper or staff can /tpa to that person and watch them for any hacks, this means hackers will be banned efficiently by trusted staff only but people will not have to worry too much about getting recorded proof, especially phone and console users that may not have access to a means of recording.

With this, a rule can be implemented preventing people from going into the official Cubecraft discord and reporting someone as that can mean staff gets spammed unnecessarily against their will which would be wrong, staff have only been trained to tell the user to record and report to the website which is useless information as it lets the hacker keep playing for longer to ruin the games of other people as well as 9 times out of 10 means that they cannot do anything about it as most of the time if someone asks staff to look into a player on discord, it means they do not have recorded proof which as I have explained can be difficult unless you are recording all the time on OBS on a PC, mobile and console it becomes impossible.

It is always difficult to record a hacker as you will need to be live recording to be able to catch them in the act, but a simple private message to someone that wants to receive messages can "suggest" them a username to look into and ban.

A helper I know did use to do this but I speculate they are no longer doing so because of admin intervention, and I would like to voice that I completely disagree with this choice and it is only increasing the number of hackers, it is sending a message to people who care about the game that admins do not care as much for the server as they should.

I have also suggested multiple times to add a /report command however that has been denied as they wait for more staff to be employed.

Please take my suggestion into consideration, as it gives players a sense of comfort that they are not completely powerless against hackers.
Don’t think it’s necessary for Java since there already is an in-game reporting system. But I would most definitely like to see discord reports be allowed again for Bedrock. The anticheat isn’t greta, there’s not a lot of “bedrock mainly” staff, and most people play in devices where it’s hard to record and report.

Edit: This also allows staff like me, that don't play bedrock but have a bedrock account, to help out when possible.

Last edited:

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
I think cubecraft doesn't to it,

then the staff members, gets a lot of dm's on discord,
Again, please read the disclaimer instead of commenting mindlessly

"I want to suggest a method where any staff or helper THAT WISHES TO DO SO can receive a private message from someone who tells them to check a certain username"

D

Deleted member 59979

The thing is, if you let some staff do this then players will ask all staff members. It doesn't matter how much you put across that people should only message staff with approval, players will still ask staff members who explicitly state that they don't want to be messaged about hackers.

Plus even if limited to staff who are willing to ban hackers, there will always be times when staff can't get online and respond to these reports and this will lead to people getting annoyed that staff didn't instantly ban all the hackers and then this will just lead to people being abusive towards staff members. That's the original reason it was banned - players were too abusive towards staff.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Yes, I don't get why staff isn't allowed. As you said, staff doesn't have to. But if a player tells them a hacker is in my game can you come and take a look. And they know that that players is most of the time right, and they have time. It has to stay up to the staff member in question to take a look or not.

I understand that some players will keep asking it, but still. Staff can always just say not all staff accepts report on discord or I don't have the time for it.
I think this should be a thing for all staff members who want to. I mean if they want to, let them help players, right?

And wow this comment is so messy, my excuses :p

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
For staff-help specifically, I think for quite a lot of staff members (myself included), we are answering questions when we aren’t in game. So having people post about cheaters in their game in staff help just distracts from other questions, especially since /report was implemented for the java network. I think it is best to keep all reports off of the Cube discord entirely.

For direct messages, there is nothing against that to my knowledge. I personally don’t want to be getting dm’ed constantly by random people asking me to come spectate cheaters, which is probably why this is not something advertised at all and should remain that way. I mentioned this because if it is something we start publically announcing, we will receive many people asking in dms if it is okay to report players there. Better to just say we don’t, and then let whoever wants to handle things in dm do that.

I would imagine that /report would be added to bedrock eventually. Currently, there are so few moderators that play bedrock that a /report command is useless and would lead to more complaints than if one wasn’t added. I believe the current wave of helpers has quite a few active bedrock players, so /report may be viable in the future.

Reporting through dms, discord, or through a /report command does have the issue of players getting quite annoyed when staff members aren’t able to handle them immediately. /report was added for the player’s convenience, and you see quite a few messages saying that staff are useless when we aren’t online to handle it instantly. Same thing happened when we allowed players to report in staff-help, and I’ve seen it happen when some staff members allowed people to report in their dms. We want to help out as much as we can, but it really can start to hurt the teams’ motivation when you do something to help out, but receive tons of backlash nonetheless.

It is kind of surprising how quickly people take things for granted and then get mad over it.

Lema

Nov 14, 2019
I think a better way would be a report channel on the Cube Discord server, one for Bedrock one for Java to avoid spamming and too much work in the dms for the staff members.
So its basically the same idea as the staff help channel : You have to give the hackers names and the hacks they use. Then there couple staff who take a look for those players by teleporting to them ingame. If they hack they get banned and the message of the player who reported him gets deleted or reacted with a emoji so the staff and the player who reported the hacker knows that the report is handled. If the player who got reported already went offline or didnt hack the staff react with an emoji too.
This method would make it clearer and more central for the staff and tbh the old method is useless since there too many hackers on the Server but less players who report them.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
For staff-help specifically, I think for quite a lot of staff members (myself included), we are answering questions when we aren’t in game. So having people post about cheaters in their game in staff help just distracts from other questions, especially since /report was implemented for the java network. I think it is best to keep all reports off of the Cube discord entirely.

For direct messages, there is nothing against that to my knowledge. I personally don’t want to be getting dm’ed constantly by random people asking me to come spectate cheaters, which is probably why this is not something advertised at all and should remain that way. I mentioned this because if it is something we start publically announcing, we will receive many people asking in dms if it is okay to report players there. Better to just say we don’t, and then let whoever wants to handle things in dm do that.

I would imagine that /report would be added to bedrock eventually. Currently, there are so few moderators that play bedrock that a /report command is useless and would lead to more complaints than if one wasn’t added. I believe the current wave of helpers has quite a few active bedrock players, so /report may be viable in the future.

Reporting through dms, discord, or through a /report command does have the issue of players getting quite annoyed when staff members aren’t able to handle them immediately. /report was added for the player’s convenience, and you see quite a few messages saying that staff are useless when we aren’t online to handle it instantly. Same thing happened when we allowed players to report in staff-help, and I’ve seen it happen when some staff members allowed people to report in their dms. We want to help out as much as we can, but it really can start to hurt the teams’ motivation when you do something to help out, but receive tons of backlash nonetheless.

It is kind of surprising how quickly people take things for granted and then get mad over it.

Yeah i get that completely and i see it when staff deal with people on staff help, they can be really rude to staff, this is why staff should have a choice to do this. A helper used to do this but i speculate has been struck down by admins and told to stop, sadly that helper was the only form of anticheat bedrock had and now its been taken away, this has left alot of people angry, myself included, java has an ingame report system but bedrock has NOTHING, no /report, barely any staff members compared to java and no anticheat at all and no IP ban system. I am suggesting this because admins seem completely dead set on not adding a /report command or even attempting to help bedrock and its players.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
The thing is, if you let some staff do this then players will ask all staff members. It doesn't matter how much you put across that people should only message staff with approval, players will still ask staff members who explicitly state that they don't want to be messaged about hackers.

Plus even if limited to staff who are willing to ban hackers, there will always be times when staff can't get online and respond to these reports and this will lead to people getting annoyed that staff didn't instantly ban all the hackers and then this will just lead to people being abusive towards staff members. That's the original reason it was banned - players were too abusive towards staff.
These things will definitely happen, however people will stop messaging the staff that wont offer the service, staff also have the choice to close PMs and do not have to respond, staff should be allowed to choose whether they do this, if they choose to they know the consequences and the possibility of facing abuse, to which they can just block them and kick them from the discord, I don't see this being a big problem.

D

Deleted member 59979

Yeah i get that completely and i see it when staff deal with people on staff help, they can be really rude to staff, this is why staff should have a choice to do this. A helper used to do this but i speculate has been struck down by admins and told to stop, sadly that helper was the only form of anticheat bedrock had and now its been taken away, this has left alot of people angry, myself included, java has an ingame report system but bedrock has NOTHING, no /report, barely any staff members compared to java and no anticheat at all and no IP ban system. I am suggesting this because admins seem completely dead set on not adding a /report command or even attempting to help bedrock and its players.
They are trying, hence why there were a handful of new bedrock specific helpers hired in the past wave, although the bedrock community is statistically less active on the forums than the java community, so it's harder to get them. I expect there will be plenty of bedrock staff in the next hiring wave as well. They're also trying to work on an anti-cheat, it's just hard without an anti-cheat developer though which they haven't had for a while. In fact the other day when there was a bug with items not stacking that was due to an anti-cheat mitigation implemented by management. If I recall correctly they also do have plans to add /report to Bedrock once there are enough bedrock staff which there should definitely be by the end of the year latest.
These things will definitely happen, however people will stop messaging the staff that wont offer the service, staff also have the choice to close PMs and do not have to respond, staff should be allowed to choose whether they do this, if they choose to they know the consequences and the possibility of facing abuse, to which they can just block them and kick them from the discord, I don't see this being a big problem.
Firstly, as much as we may wish that people will stop messaging staff about it, they will still message staff who explicitly state that they don't want to be DMed about it. Secondly, closing DMs just to avoid toxic kids messaging them about 2000 hackers every 5 seconds is not an appropriate measure as plenty of staff like having their DMs open to discuss things in private with users who would prefer that.

Caliditas

Jul 11, 2016
Belgium
This is exactly what the /report system does so I don't think it's necessary or even beneficial. I know that isn't available for users who haven't bought a rank, but if everyone could use it, it would be extremely rare that your report gets handled. I think the system is good as it is now, as you always report with evidence. I use GeForce Experience's instant replay, so I can always save the last 2 minutes (in my case) and report them. I like reporting with evidence more than /report since it gives the hacker a guaranteed ban.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
This is exactly what the /report system does so I don't think it's necessary or even beneficial. I know that isn't available for users who haven't bought a rank, but if everyone could use it, it would be extremely rare that your report gets handled. I think the system is good as it is now, as you always report with evidence. I use GeForce Experience's instant replay, so I can always save the last 2 minutes (in my case) and report them. I like reporting with evidence more than /report since it gives the hacker a guaranteed ban.
There is no /report on bedrock so it would be useful for us aswell, but yes its probably less necessary for java

They are trying, hence why there were a handful of new bedrock specific helpers hired in the past wave, although the bedrock community is statistically less active on the forums than the java community, so it's harder to get them. I expect there will be plenty of bedrock staff in the next hiring wave as well. They're also trying to work on an anti-cheat, it's just hard without an anti-cheat developer though which they haven't had for a while. In fact the other day when there was a bug with items not stacking that was due to an anti-cheat mitigation implemented by management. If I recall correctly they also do have plans to add /report to Bedrock once there are enough bedrock staff which there should definitely be by the end of the year latest.

Firstly, as much as we may wish that people will stop messaging staff about it, they will still message staff who explicitly state that they don't want to be DMed about it. Secondly, closing DMs just to avoid toxic kids messaging them about 2000 hackers every 5 seconds is not an appropriate measure as plenty of staff like having their DMs open to discuss things in private with users who would prefer that.
I still don't see why the admins told a helper who was happy to accept discord names to stop what they are doing and only tell people to report via the website

D

Deleted member 59979

I still don't see why the admins told a helper who was happy to accept discord names to stop what they are doing and only tell people to report via the website
Because it encourages people to spam both that staff member when they don't want to and it encourages people to spam other staff members who are not okay with it.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I voted no for this suggestion and let me explain why:
I know the current situation with Sentinel on the bedrock platform is far from ideal, but there's nothing that can be done about it right now. Java didn't have an Anti-Cheat until 2017/2018. It was completely normal to play games like Assassination where you would constantly need speed and strength potions to get a decent chance of surviving the cheaters. This doesn't justify the fact that Bedrock is in such a bad shape right now though. I do think we need a temporarily solution to fix this problem, but I don't think it's allowing players to report in staff-help or DM's.

I always have my DM's open and even now I still get members asking if I could join in game, if I can see if someone byasses and etc. I don't even have a bedrock account, but I can imagine my DM's getting spammed with toxic and annoying members saying to join their game and spectate them. It would increase the stress on the moderation team and will eventually lead to closed DM's. I'd love to hear a solution about how we can temporarily fix this, but tbh, I can't think of anything. I'm just really hoping we get a Sentinel developer soon and Management will let them focus on the bedrock Anti-Cheat system.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
I voted no for this suggestion and let me explain why:
I know the current situation with Sentinel on the bedrock platform is far from ideal, but there's nothing that can be done about it right now. Java didn't have an Anti-Cheat until 2017/2018. It was completely normal to play games like Assassination where you would constantly need speed and strength potions to get a decent chance of surviving the cheaters. This doesn't justify the fact that Bedrock is in such a bad shape right now though. I do think we need a temporarily solution to fix this problem, but I don't think it's allowing players to report in staff-help or DM's.

I always have my DM's open and even now I still get members asking if I could join in game, if I can see if someone byasses and etc. I don't even have a bedrock account, but I can imagine my DM's getting spammed with toxic and annoying members saying to join their game and spectate them. It would increase the stress on the moderation team and will eventually lead to closed DM's. I'd love to hear a solution about how we can temporarily fix this, but tbh, I can't think of anything. I'm just really hoping we get a Sentinel developer soon and Management will let them focus on the bedrock Anti-Cheat system.
I get that, I'm just finding anyway I can to find a way to combat this hacker problem, but yes I completely understand where you come from :)

Reactions: Marieke2001
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratss!
Amazinq wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on Frontlane's profile.
welcome back :)
ElFlxen_ wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Felicidades!
Top Bottom