Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with there being a discord report system? (taking into account what i have said below)

• Yes

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 39.2%

• Total voters

GladUrBad

May 19, 2020
Cube just hired a new anticheat developer, he goes by the name funkemunky and will be working on thr Java anticheat. Search Kauri Anticheat on youtube, he made it along with two other devs and it's currently one of the best anticheats out right now.

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
DISCLAIMER: I am not saying staff should take the word of anyone who messages them on discord, nor do I say staff must do this as a requirement.

I want to suggest that any staff or helpers can accept reports over discord, hackers on both java and bedrock are very rampant and because of the useless anti-cheat on java and no anti-cheat on bedrock, it worsens more and more.

I want to suggest a method where any staff or helper that wishes to do so can receive a private message from someone who tells them to check a certain username, to which a helper or staff can /tpa to that person and watch them for any hacks, this means hackers will be banned efficiently by trusted staff only but people will not have to worry too much about getting recorded proof, especially phone and console users that may not have access to a means of recording.

With this, a rule can be implemented preventing people from going into the official Cubecraft discord and reporting someone as that can mean staff gets spammed unnecessarily against their will which would be wrong, staff have only been trained to tell the user to record and report to the website which is useless information as it lets the hacker keep playing for longer to ruin the games of other people as well as 9 times out of 10 means that they cannot do anything about it as most of the time if someone asks staff to look into a player on discord, it means they do not have recorded proof which as I have explained can be difficult unless you are recording all the time on OBS on a PC, mobile and console it becomes impossible.

It is always difficult to record a hacker as you will need to be live recording to be able to catch them in the act, but a simple private message to someone that wants to receive messages can "suggest" them a username to look into and ban.

A helper I know did use to do this but I speculate they are no longer doing so because of admin intervention, and I would like to voice that I completely disagree with this choice and it is only increasing the number of hackers, it is sending a message to people who care about the game that admins do not care as much for the server as they should.

I have also suggested multiple times to add a /report command however that has been denied as they wait for more staff to be employed.

Please take my suggestion into consideration, as it gives players a sense of comfort that they are not completely powerless against hackers.

I understand where you are coming from completely. Currently the in-game /report is for donators only to limit the influx of reports. Chances are there is probably a donator in your game that can help you report. The reason we have our website and in-game reports only is to keep things organized. If one person reports a cheater, many more have. The key to getting through reports as efficiently as possible is organization. With Discord, it limits how we can take reports in. Dividing staff attention into too many places with multiple reports of the same person on each platform will cause further slowdown.

EDIT: I should note that I am not discouraging you from reporting a cheater. The more a cheater is reported (especially in-game), the faster the reports will be reviewed. However, please do not make duplicate reports if you already made one an individual that hasn't been dealt with.

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
I understand where you are coming from completely. Currently the in-game /report is for donators only to limit the influx of reports. Chances are there is probably a donator in your game that can help you report. The reason we have our website and in-game reports only is to keep things organized. If one person reports a cheater, many more have. The key to getting through reports as efficiently as possible is organization. With Discord, it limits how we can take reports in. Dividing staff attention into too many places with multiple reports of the same person on each platform will cause further slowdown.

EDIT: I should note that I am not discouraging you from reporting a cheater. The more a cheater is reported (especially in-game), the faster the reports will be reviewed. However, please do not make duplicate reports if you already made one an individual that hasn't been dealt with.
I personally do not see the point in reporting hackers anymore unless they are VIPs or leaderboard players (to which 2 have been caught hacking)
It is purely due to there being no IP ban system, its free to make a microsoft account and hackers that get banned can br back on the game within 10 minutes, rubik_cube_man has even confirmed that there is no IP bans system and i think that should be a huge focus for now

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
I personally do not see the point in reporting hackers anymore unless they are VIPs or leaderboard players (to which 2 have been caught hacking)
It is purely due to there being no IP ban system, its free to make a microsoft account and hackers that get banned can br back on the game within 10 minutes, rubik_cube_man has even confirmed that there is no IP bans system and i think that should be a huge focus for now

We actually block the connection of a player when certain parameters are met. While it isn't for the length of the ban, it makes it very inconvenient for a player and requires them to change their IP manually (assuming they don't have a bypassing VPN).

Reactions: Kloska

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
We actually block the connection of a player when certain parameters are met. While it isn't for the length of the ban, it makes it very inconvenient for a player and requires them to change their IP manually (assuming they don't have a bypassing VPN).
From prior knowledge, rubik had told us that there was no IP ban system in place, maybe that has changed but i am not exactly sure as I do not have access to dev secrets. I hope this gets resolved :)

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
From prior knowledge, rubik had told us that there was no IP ban system in place, maybe that has changed but i am not exactly sure as I do not have access to dev secrets. I hope this gets resolved :)

I think he meant that we don't have the specific kind of ip ban system in place that you are looking for.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom