• Nay

Votes: 18 12.5%

• Total voters

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
tl;dr EggWars + The Walls + GrianMC’s disasters + some own stuff

I really liked @Fesa's & @Mirriya’s suggestion, so I went ahead and made a fully working, playable version to re-suggest it with some improvements. Why? Because I have fun making this kind of stuff.

Also, don't take numbers too seriously. I haven't spent too much time balancing stuff.

I spent a lot of free time making this. If you are going to vote no, please, leave a comment stating why.

cc_bar_279154100000.png

Similar to minigames like MoneyWalls, the map is divided in four equal parts (4 teams of 10, alternatively 4 teams of 5). Unlike in MW, the separator isn't a solid wall, instead it's a Minecraft world border, local to each team, meaning you can see what other teams are doing. There's a "No Mans Land" of separation between borders. You have 10 minutes to craft gear, place defenses and make the strategy. After those 10 minutes, the fog gets removed, and PVP starts. Similar to EggWars, the goal is to destroy the enemy generator (wool) to prevent them from respawning, and the kill them all.

cc_bar_512592100000.png

Every kingdom has a castle with the team's core inside. Maps should be like a vanilla Minecraft world, as players need to craft everything (opposed to MoneyWalls), with a mine (so all four kingdoms have the same crafting materials).

cc_bar_107228100000.png
Almost copy paste from @Fesa 's thread:

upload_2020-5-6_18-55-56.png

• Full leather gear
  • Stone Sword
  • Stone picaxe
    is that a blaze rod?!?!?
upload_2020-5-6_18-57-13.png

• Full leather gear w/ chainmail chestplate
  • Wooden Sword
  • Stone picaxe with efficiency I and unbreaking II
upload_2020-5-6_18-58-53.png

• Full leather gear w/ chainmail chestplate
  • Wooden Sword
  • Wood picaxe with efficiency II
  • Jumping pots
upload_2020-5-6_19-5-36.png

• Chainmail helmet & boots, iron chestplate, leather leggings
  • Stone Sword
  • Stone picaxe
cc_bar_339063100000.png

That's pretty cool, but what makes its unique? There are a some features we added that makes it 300% [citation needed]. cooler:
  • Mining is boring. After breaking an ore, a mob will spawn. There are two ore groups:
    • Iron, Emerald, Redstone -> Spawn a Zombie
    • Diamond, Lapis -> 80% probability of spawning a Villager Zombie, 20% probability of spawning a Wither Skeleton
    • This makes it harder to get diamond gear or get a lot of enchantments
  • Building aka the blaze rod. Place barricades/walls for a sum of money. Currently, I have 3 barricades (though I'd like to add some sort of TNT cannons or different structures):
    • "Small" - $500
      4x8 Iron bars Wall
      upload_2020-5-6_19-13-13.png
    • "Medium" - $1500
      4x4 Obsidian Wall
      upload_2020-5-6_19-13-48.png
    • Advanced - $10.000
      2x2 Bedrock Wall
      upload_2020-5-6_19-15-25.png
      Pretty hard to get
    • So, how do you get money? You get $10 every 1,5 seconds until the fog is removed. After that, you get $500 when killing someone - So yes, it's pretty hard to get the 2x2 bedrock wall
    • I made a, in my totally unbiased opinion, cool effect
      updated it and made it 200% better
  • Disasters or random world events. A combination of the events I have thought of are:
    • Alien Invasion: Slimes fall from the sky
    • Blizzard/hailstorm: Ice falls from the sky
    • Ingravity: Players are launched itno the sky (for my mathematician dudes, (0, [random between 0 and 2], 0)) and the gravity is removed for 2 seconds
    • Meteor Shower: Netherrack falls from the sky and generates a small explosion, which, if unlucky, will hurt the player
    • Thunder Storm: Like the Minerware microgame, ligthing will spawn.
    • Rise of the Undead: Random mobs will spawn

Where all that stuff spawns is calculated getting the player location and adding a random number (so they'll never spawn on the player). Every 5 minutes, there's a chance of 30% of a dice getting thrown. Then, based on the number, a disaster is picked

All the current disasters combined:
    (the combinaton is impossible to survive)

cc_bar_752917100000.png

We (I) believe the game is pretty different from what's currently available on CubeCraft. It combines some of the most liked stuff of current games (eg EggWars-like death mechanics, pre-planning phase like BlockWars) with diffrent features found on other servers (no void, The Walls-like crafting) with some never-seen features (like the building thing, or the walls being WorldBorders.

Team Selector:
upload_2020-5-6_21-11-48.png

kit selector (looks ugly ik)
:
upload_2020-5-6_21-11-57.png
Entering build mode message
upload_2020-5-6_21-13-18.png
The famous cross teaming message message (and a reminder of the trolling offense). Why? Because it makes the minigame look professional & makes me feel a pro
upload_2020-5-6_21-13-48.png
Core has been destroyed mesage - each team has a colour assigned, so the message will be pink when the pink core gets destroyed, etc
upload_2020-5-6_21-14-59.png

Edit: all blocks are breakable, unlike BlockWars

Notes:
  • Although it should be fully working, I haven't tested it thoroughly. So it might. and will, have bugs
  • imo it'd be really nice to get 40 people play the game. If you're interested, PM me *cough* @Younisco community games *cough*

Last edited:

Mirriya

May 1, 2020
Thank for making my idea A REALITY!

and btw its my idea so also add me the credits lel

btw add me in discord so i can help

Reactions: LlTE and DrHam

RemiFan

Jan 22, 2017
Swäden
Yes please! This game would be absolutely amazing to play, and you can see how much time and effort you’ve put into this, which is greatly appreciated!

I’m just a little concerned if Cubecraft has enough players for this. Wasn’t that the main reason as to why Money Walls was originally removed? (I get that this isn’t exactly like Money Walls but it’s quite similar). And games with 40 people would take a long time to fill up if the game only has about 100 players.

Still, I think it’s too good to be a featured game, so it’s a little bit of a dilemma. Either it gets added and becomes really popular, or it dies within a week. I’d love to see the game on Cubecraft, the question is, do enough people want to play it?

Seeing as there’s already similar games on servers such as Hypixel people might not want to play it on Cubecraft. I personally think it’s different enough to be it’s own game, but everyone might not think of it that way.

But, I absolutely love this idea, it should definitely be added, at least to see that people’s opinions on it are.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
I made some examples here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/ozGUGm3

NotGingerGreek.. tell me what you think in my opinion it looks dope ;D
Mine should go into the ground, kinda like a vanilla Minecraft mine/cave.
Idk how @Fesa thinks the map should be, but I'll give you some tips:
  • All blocks are breakable, try to build the castles with that in mind
  • Try to make entrances big enough, or zones where the players can be trapped easily
  • The starting map size (kingdom) is 200 x 200 blocks (2D, X and Z). I'm not an expert, but making just one kingdom and then copying and pasting it mirrored with worldwide saves a lot of time
  • Do not use red, blue, green or pink wool

Reactions: LlTE

Georgesatchy

Apr 3, 2020
United Kingdom
I love this idea. I really miss Money Walls. The day it went was very sad, but this idea definitely brings me back hope for a similar game to be added again. My only fear is that this might end up like UHC did, where the games wouldn't fill and it would have to be removed. I think the teams of 5 definitely needs to be implemented, as anymore than 20 players could take a long time to fill up, especially if it is a new game that people are not sure about yet. However, I would really like to see this implemented.

+1 from me!

Reactions: LlTE and DrHam

Mirriya

May 1, 2020
  • Try to make entrances big enough, or zones where the players can be trapped easily
  • The starting map size (kingdom) is 200 x 200 blocks (2D, X and Z). I'm not an expert, but making just one kingdom and then copying and pasting it mirrored with worldwide saves a lot of time
OK ill do it tomorrow im tired today Noted.

Mirriya

May 1, 2020
and btw can you help me i can't do this in a week

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
Top Bottom