Yay or nay

• Yay

Votes: 126 87.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 18 12.5%

• Total voters

_EliteDevil

Mar 21, 2020
I don't like these kind of games, eventhough it looks cool I don't like to make stuff I just wanna get stuff quickly out of a chest/villager and push

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
I don't like these kind of games, eventhough it looks cool I don't like to make stuff I just wanna get stuff quickly out of a chest/villager and push
I could try and make some kind of rush/fast mode as a voting option. Like, fog time gets halved, mob spawning when breaking ores gets disabled, etc

Reactions: _EliteDevil

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
In order to make the minigame a bit more replayable and random, I have added "disasters" or random world events. A combination of the events I have thought of are:
  • Alien Invasion: Slimes fall from the sky
  • Blizzard/hailstorm: Ice falls from the sky
  • Ingravity: Players are launched itno the sky (for my mathematician dudes, (0, [random between 0 and 2], 0)) and the gravity is removed for 2 seconds
  • Meteor Shower: Netherrack falls from the sky and generates a small explosion, which, if unlucky, will hurt the player
  • Thunder Storm: Like the Minerware microgame, ligthing will spawn.
  • Raise of the Undead: Random mobs will spawn

Where all that stuff spawns is calculated getting the player location and adding a random number (so they'll never spawn on the player).

All the current disasters combined:
(the combinaton is impossible to survive in survival)

edit because i forgot to mention. Every 5 minutes, there's a chance of 30% of a dice getting thrown. Then, based on the number, a disaster is picked

Tyrantrumred5

Jul 17, 2019
Honestly amazing concept. I have a few ideas of my own though I'm not sure if they would be possible to be implemented. For one, I like the idea of a TNT cannon and your wall ideas are great. It would also be cool if players could summon a "barracks" that summons troops over time, these could attack players and potentially cores (if it's impossible to code them so that they do damage to the core they could still be useful for annoying players). Upon summoning the barracks it will ask you which team the mobs should focus on. Maybe we could have 3 types of troops? Knights(Zombies), Archers (Skeletons), and Bombers (creepers). The barracks would be broken by breaking the "spawner" inside which maybe starts off with a layer of obsidian protecting it. Knights, Archers, and Bombers will attack each other if they are not on the same team. This could give a truly chaotic and "military" vibe to the game. OR perhaps troops spawn over time as long as players of a single team color is in the "no man's Land" to help the team. I know these ideas sound kinda crazy (and potentially sound like they might cause lag) but we've seen similar ideas in Tower Defense.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Honestly amazing concept. I have a few ideas of my own though I'm not sure if they would be possible to be implemented. For one, I like the idea of a TNT cannon and your wall ideas are great. It would also be cool if players could summon a "barracks" that summons troops over time, these could attack players and potentially cores (if it's impossible to code them so that they do damage to the core they could still be useful for annoying players). Upon summoning the barracks it will ask you which team the mobs should focus on. Maybe we could have 3 types of troops? Knights(Zombies), Archers (Skeletons), and Bombers (creepers). The barracks would be broken by breaking the "spawner" inside which maybe starts off with a layer of obsidian protecting it. Knights, Archers, and Bombers will attack each other if they are not on the same team. This could give a truly chaotic and "military" vibe to the game. OR perhaps troops spawn over time as long as players of a single team color is in the "no man's Land" to help the team. I know these ideas sound kinda crazy (and potentially sound like they might cause lag) but we've seen similar ideas in Tower Defense.
Sure, it’s possible. I’m not sure about performance, though (20+, disasters things, etc)

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
The 3 people who voted no, mind telling your reasons? I spent a lot of free time doing this, it’d nice if you could spend 3 seconds in telling what you dislike
They never will, they just voted no because they refuse to see the change even though this is such a fun game idea. I would be addicted to it!

Reactions: DrHam

Mirriya

May 1, 2020
Maybe we will add it but people with low specs can't their frame rate will explode

Tyrantrumred5

Jul 17, 2019
Maybe we will add it but people with low specs can't their frame rate will explode
Yes I understand, this should be a game everyone could enjoy regardless of how good their PC is. I just wanted to get my idea out there and see what people thought of it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Top Bottom