Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Mine should go into the ground, kinda like a vanilla Minecraft mine/cave.
Idk how @Fesa thinks the map should be, but I'll give you some tips:
  • All blocks are breakable, try to build the castles with that in mind
  • Try to make entrances big enough, or zones where the players can be trapped easily
  • The starting map size (kingdom) is 200 x 200 blocks (2D, X and Z). I'm not an expert, but making just one kingdom and then copying and pasting it mirrored with worldwide saves a lot of time
  • Do not use red, blue, green or pink wool
Yes, the mines should go into the ground. I had in mind that the deeper you go the rarer the ores get. So that getting good stuff costs time.

Reactions: DrHam

Mirriya

May 1, 2020
Yes, the mines should go into the ground. I had in mind that the deeper you go the rarer the ores get. So that getting good stuff costs time.
Yep but i need help i cant do this i need more people

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
This game would be great provided the maps aren’t ‘like’ a vanilla world, but an actual vanilla world. Remember awful cubecraft UHC? (Not like that.) A randomly generated minecraft world would be way better than one with pre built caves and such

It’d be great if there were 3x3 chunk biomes inside a large area so each team would get mostly the necessary biomes.

Am not in favor of bedrock no matter how large the cost.

Fqnta

Apr 2, 2020
Somewhere
This game would be great provided the maps aren’t ‘like’ a vanilla world, but an actual vanilla world. Remember awful cubecraft UHC? (Not like that.) A randomly generated minecraft world would be way better than one with pre built caves and such

It’d be great if there were 3x3 chunk biomes inside a large area so each team would get mostly the necessary biomes.

I think pre-built maps are better because the resources can then be divided even, otherwise one team has a cave in there chunks and the other teams don't have anything.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
I think pre-built maps are better because the resources can then be divided even, otherwise one team has a cave in there chunks and the other teams don't have anything.
The caves will be the same then, that’s awfully boring

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
A randomly generated minecraft world would be way better than one with pre built caves and such
That's impossible (or very hard) to make because:
  • Team cores need to be inside a structure. All the structures need to be at the same distances, approx, so no team has an unfair advantage.
  • Resources: By having pre-made worlds we can be sure all the teams have the opportunity to craft the same gear (with a component of luck due to mob spawning).
Unless you have a solution for both problems, I'm not sure it'd woud work

10k was an random number. However, if players get 20 every 2 seconds for a total of 10 minutes, they'll only get 6k, if they do not expend any money. Now, with killing you get $400 (i changed it), meaning you'd have to kill 10 players while not dying (once you die, you lose the building tool. Sure, you can get it again by killing someone) in order to just buy a 2x2 wall. And you need to remember that all blocks are breakable.
So yes, I think it's only useful for covering certain spots on the late-game and I'd rather buy obsidian + iron bars rather than bedrock.
The caves will be the same then, that’s awfully boring
Not necesarilly the same exact model, slight modifications could be made in order to make each cave unique, while ensuring each team gets the same materials

Reactions: Fqnta and Fesa

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Can’t they superimpose a structure replacing all the vanilla blocks after the map is generated.

Also, if resources are a problem then why not
- increase diamond spawn rate slightly
- add villagers to the structure with cheap, custom trades

Also, should the nether be enabled?

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Also, should the nether be enabled?

No! No! No! Why would you let players go to the nether. They should stay in the map.
Even if, I'm still in favour of custom-made maps, sorry Mojang, the vanilla generated world (aren't great) are pretty bad. And for sure not to PVP on.

Reactions: Fqnta and DrHam

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Can’t they superimpose a structure replacing all the vanilla blocks after the map is generated.
Sure, I load a schematic after generating the world. Problem with this is that it doesn't know where it will end exactly. You might get really lucky and get a castle in a rive, or on the top of a mountain.

Also, if resources are a problem then why not
Sure, I can edit the Bukkit/Minecraft world generation to make some stuff appear more often. But again, we might end up with an unbalanced map, as, at the end of the day, world generation is just maths. For instance (from Bukkit's wiki), this would generate a coal ore vein. I could make something similar for all the other ores, but we'll end up in a probability.
Code:
int X, Y, Z;
boolean isStone;
for (int i = 1; i < 15; i++) {  // Number of tries
    if (random.nextInt(100) < 60) {  // The chance of spawning
    X = random.nextInt(15);
    Z = random.nextInt(15);
    Y = random.nextInt(40)+20;  // Get randomized coordinates
    if (chunk.getBlock(X, Y, Z).getType() == Material.STONE) {
        isStone = true;
        while (isStone) {
            chunk.getBlock(X, Y, Z).setType(Material.COAL_ORE);
            if (random.nextInt(100) < 40)  {   // The chance of continuing the vein
                switch (random.nextInt(5)) {  // The direction chooser
                case 0: X++; break;
                case 1: Y++; break;
                case 2: Z++; break;
                case 3: X--; break;
                case 4: Y--; break;
                case 5: Z--; break;
                }
                isStone = (chunk.getBlock(X, Y, Z).getType() == Material.STONE) && (chunk.getBlock(X, Y, Z).getType() != Material.COAL_ORE);
            } else isStone = false;
        }
    }
    }
}

And yes, terrain can be edited and made flatter so it's easier to PVP but at what cost? Uglier maps might be the result

Mirriya

May 1, 2020
No! No! No! Why would you let players go to the nether. They should stay in the map.

Even if, I'm still in favour of custom-made maps, sorry Mojang, the vanilla generated world (aren't great) are pretty bad. And for sure not to PVP on.
True 1.8.9 is kind of bland the newer version like 1.15.2 are a lot better than 1.8.9

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
For reference, this is 200x200
upload_2020-5-7_13-10-49.png

Mirriya

May 1, 2020
I think pink should be replaced to yellow cause i think pink doesn't fit with the other colors tbh..

Axyy

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2016
Gone
www.cubecraft.net
A really big yes, how good can a suggestion thread be?

I would definitely play the game a lot, great concept, great examples, and actually a game that would attract players to play on CubeCraft. This would also give opportunities for players to get on a leaderboard since the game is new.

Reactions: Mirriya and DrHam
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom