Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
I'm going to have to disagree with this. But since you already have quite a few people that disagree with you, I thought I might as well explain my views on the situation. I might be the only one, who thinks like this, but I would like to think I'm not.

So, I have to agree that playing with laggy people and people with high ping is no fun. I have been there, you have been there, all of us have. Hitting people like this can be really hard, visually it doesn't look nice, people can mistake it for hacking sometimes, all in all, not a pleasant experience. So from this perspective and a perspective of a person who has a good ping and internet connection, your suggestion seems logical.

But now you have to look at this problem from another perspective. From the perspective of a player with a bad connection and poor ping. Why do you come to CubeCraft? You are here to have a good time and play some games probably... And why do they come here? For exactly the same reason. Maybe Cubecraft is that fun place, those fun few hours a week, where they can go, casually play some games and just generally have a good time. They enjoy it as much as you do.

And now, you want to implement a rule/a system, which would effectively ban them from the server (if you have a bad ping you would always get kicked after 5 seconds). Believe me, those kinds of players are having no more fun playing those games with a bad connection. It's not fun for them either, but they try since they like it here. Imagine how you would feel if you got kicked every time you joined because you were too far away from a physical server? Imagine, how bad you would feel, that you can't play just because you were born in the wrong part of the world or you don't have the possibilities (financial or physical) to have a better connection?

I'll simply answer it for you. You will never have to know. But neither will anyone else. And that's because Cube is not about that. They try to help players as much as they can with dedicated servers in different regions, smart matchmaking and generally being acceptive to all (that follow the rules ofc). And we, the players should also follow that and show everyone around us, that we care for them, no matter what.

I'll end off by saying that you might not have had this in mind and you didn't want to hurt players like this, but sadly this is what something like this could bring. And something like this just isn't possible.

~LukaG_

stupidlifebob

May 20, 2022
I'm going to have to disagree with this. But since you already have quite a few people that disagree with you, I thought I might as well explain my views on the situation. I might be the only one, who thinks like this, but I would like to think I'm not.

So, I have to agree that playing with laggy people and people with high ping is no fun. I have been there, you have been there, all of us have. Hitting people like this can be really hard, visually it doesn't look nice, people can mistake it for hacking sometimes, all in all, not a pleasant experience. So from this perspective and a perspective of a person who has a good ping and internet connection, your suggestion seems logical.

But now you have to look at this problem from another perspective. From the perspective of a player with a bad connection and poor ping. Why do you come to CubeCraft? You are here to have a good time and play some games probably... And why do they come here? For exactly the same reason. Maybe Cubecraft is that fun place, those fun few hours a week, where they can go, casually play some games and just generally have a good time. They enjoy it as much as you do.

And now, you want to implement a rule/a system, which would effectively ban them from the server (if you have a bad ping you would always get kicked after 5 seconds). Believe me, those kinds of players are having no more fun playing those games with a bad connection. It's not fun for them either, but they try since they like it here. Imagine how you would feel if you got kicked every time you joined because you were too far away from a physical server? Imagine, how bad you would feel, that you can't play just because you were born in the wrong part of the world or you don't have the possibilities (financial or physical) to have a better connection?

I'll simply answer it for you. You will never have to know. But neither will anyone else. And that's because Cube is not about that. They try to help players as much as they can with dedicated servers in different regions, smart matchmaking and generally being acceptive to all (that follow the rules ofc). And we, the players should also follow that and show everyone around us, that we care for them, no matter what.

I'll end off by saying that you might not have had this in mind and you didn't want to hurt players like this, but sadly this is what something like this could bring. And something like this just isn't possible.

~LukaG_
ur trying way too hard man

ReZort

Feb 15, 2022
#🤝︱community・corner
Pronouns
He/Him
And now, you want to implement a rule/a system, which would effectively ban them from the server (if you have a bad ping you would always get kicked after 5 seconds).
I wrote about kick, not ban. Ban for bad internet is so... cringe?

Anyway, thanks for explaining why you disagree, now I understand 😅

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
ur trying way too hard man
I just like to write. And I'm normally pretty decent at answering things like that...

I wrote about kick, not ban. Ban for bad internet is so... cringe?

Anyway, thanks for explaining why you disagree, now I understand 😅
I know you wrote about the kick, but constant bad ping equals constant kick so it's pretty much the same if you get kicked every 5 seconds or you are banned... Anyway, glad I could help :D

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
I'd write an equally long message as @LukaG_ ... But they already took all the words out of my mouth!
I don't have anything to add except that I fully agree with all the points they made.
So thanks you for saving me the time it takes to write it all out Luka! <3

Reactions: LukaG_

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
I'd write an equally long message as @LukaG_ ... But they already took all the words out of my mouth!
I don't have anything to add except that I fully agree with all the points they made.
So thanks you for saving me the time it takes to write it all out Luka! <3
So I'm not the only "insane" person around here😛😂 Anyways, you are more than welcome. Sometimes, just some more words are needed, to be 100% sure, that the message gets across and is understood how you want it to be.

Reactions: Goldy

Harsha

Novice Member
Jul 24, 2019

~LukaG_
Couldn't have put it better myself. When it's late at night and I'm playing with my friends and we get moved to NA servers, my ping goes from ≈23ms to above 200ms usually.

People are here to have fun, not to be target bots for experienced PvPers.

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
Couldn't have put it better myself. When it's late at night and I'm playing with my friends and we get moved to NA servers, my ping goes from ≈23ms to above 200ms usually.

People are here to have fun, not to be target bots for experienced PvPers.
This is the reality of the "inactive hours" (aka when EU and US people are sleeping). Sadly not a lot we can do, but Cube do be trying their best when it comes to Matchmaking. And yea, the majority of people are still here to just casually play games and aren't really the top notch PvPers...

Reactions: Harsha and Goldy

kikiblabla

Novice Member
Feb 5, 2021
I disagree :disagree:
It’s not there fault that they have high ping
The most ping you can have with good internet is about 300 (Australian ping). Of course the fastest internet isn’t something that’s easy to get for everyone, but even with bad internet I believe that 400+ ping is hard to get contantly, unless you have a lag spike or are using something to double your ping.

I don’t think it matters that much tho. Playing with 400ms is hell and is a big disadvantage for the player themselves. Also, 400ms is pretty easy to counter as it takes really long to register a hit for them;)

kikiblabla

Novice Member
Feb 5, 2021

~LukaG_
Well said!

Reactions: LukaG_

mizukumamc

Feb 6, 2022
So many people disagree on this without knowing what "Lag switching" means! So if you didnt know it. Lag switch is a device used to intentionally slow or completely stop data flow from the modem to the computer/gaming console for a short period of time. In online games, using a lag switch will allow you to become momentarily invincible. Your opponents are very easy to kill if you use a lag switch. Most leagues and ladders prohibit lag switches and consider them as cheating.
719CSiPSrsL._SL1333_.jpg

Basically this is a modded LAN cable that have button on it,if you pressed it you will lagged out and become invisible.

Sentinel cant decide if its unintentional lag or lag switch and for sure kicking pingers will make network more secure!

izzy <3

Novice Member
May 15, 2020
New York
I just like to write. And I'm normally pretty decent at answering things like that...

I know you wrote about the kick, but constant bad ping equals constant kick so it's pretty much the same if you get kicked every 5 seconds or you are banned... Anyway, glad I could help :D
I agree as well, it would annoying and frustrating trying to rejoin the server after getting kicked and it would simply result in an endless cycle.

Reactions: FoxFil_

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
So many people disagree on this without knowing what "Lag switching" means! So if you didnt know it. Lag switch is a device used to intentionally slow or completely stop data flow from the modem to the computer/gaming console for a short period of time. In online games, using a lag switch will allow you to become momentarily invincible. Your opponents are very easy to kill if you use a lag switch. Most leagues and ladders prohibit lag switches and consider them as cheating.
View attachment 211185
Basically this is a modded LAN cable that have button on it,if you pressed it you will lagged out and become invisible.

Sentinel cant decide if its unintentional lag or lag switch and for sure kicking pingers will make network more secure!
I'd rather have a few tryhards use this high advanced technology to satisfy their own needs rather than kicking a big part of the server. People from Australia, Middle-East and South America have big issues getting their ping as low as possible, and sometimes that means the ping will be higher. When I speak for myself, when getting too many packets at once on my laptop, my ping raises as well, at the point it peaks for a few seconds at 1000+ until it returns to 25, what I have average. Kicking all these players with unintended ping spikes or with worse internet is something I think will only cost players, which is not beneficial at all in hard times.

To summarise: I'm fine with a few abusers as it is in favour for the bigger group, hence I disagree with the suggestion

LukaG_

May 15, 2022
Europe
I'd rather have a few tryhards use this high advanced technology to satisfy their own needs rather than kicking a big part of the server. People from Australia, Middle-East and South America have big issues getting their ping as low as possible, and sometimes that means the ping will be higher. When I speak for myself, when getting too many packets at once on my laptop, my ping raises as well, at the point it peaks for a few seconds at 1000+ until it returns to 25, what I have average. Kicking all these players with unintended ping spikes or with worse internet is something I think will only cost players, which is not beneficial at all in hard times.

To summarise: I'm fine with a few abusers as it is in favour for the bigger group, hence I disagree with the suggestion
Well, this time it's my turn to agree with a thing well said. I won't deny the existence of some very specific hardware and also software equipment for causing internet/data flow problems. But I also know, that there are not a lot of people that have access to or would use that kind of equipment. I know the situation sometimes looks bad, but the fact is that the majority of the community still prefers to play games for fun without any cheating or other modifications. And as @Blom said very nicely, at least in my eyes it's not worth sacrificing a good portion of the friendly and honest community, just to more easily detect and remove the small part of the community that doesn't play by the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom