Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Hello fellow cube crafters!

I've seen quite some necro posting incidences so I came up with this idea.

This may be helpful?
As you can see if you click onto one of the discussion topics, you see a white backgrounded threads list, maybe when a thread turns 2 weeks or older, the background of the thread(s) changes to dark grey or red? So people can see that it's over 2 weeks old and avoid accidentally necro posting on threads.

Personally not sure if it's a good idea, so what do you guys think?

Netflix_Addicted

Forum Expert
Nov 29, 2015
Quarantined at home
Necro-posting is about replying to a thread while the reply before you was 2 weeks ago. Example: I replied at a thread on the first of May and if you relpy on like the fifteenth of May then it's necro-posting. Because other wise any thread can't hold on for longer than 2 weeks and that would have been kind of dumb.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I feel that this would help with necroposting as you have said. I cant find any reason why this is a bad idea. :D

Reactions: RayzMC

Soeshi

Forum Veteran
Mar 28, 2016
The Netherlands.
Hello fellow cube crafters!

I've seen quite some necro posting incidences so I came up with this idea.

This may be helpful?
As you can see if you click onto one of the discussion topics, you see a white backgrounded threads list, maybe when a thread turns 2 weeks or older, the background of the thread(s) changes to dark grey or red? So people can see that it's over 2 weeks old and avoid accidentally necro posting on threads.

Personally not sure if it's a good idea, so what do you guys think?

People can just read the forum rules to, no need to make something if its just a rule.
Make new people just read the rules should really help to prevent necroposters.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
I find it a Good idea. I dont see where it stayes as it older is than 2 weeks. +1
Thanks for your reply! It won't stay on top for long, all it does is it gets highlighted and when new threads gets created, it will get to the bottom eventually just like every other old threads.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
People can just read the forum rules to, no need to make something if its just a rule.
Also true, but it is a small feature and if its easy and possible to add it would always help to remind people that the thread is actually 2 weeks old.
But as you said, to people that know it is over 2 weeks old, they should just read the rules. ;)

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Necro-posting is about replying to a thread while the reply before you was 2 weeks ago. Example: I replied at a thread on the first of May and if you relpy on like the fifteenth of May then it's necro-posting. Because other wise any thread can't hold on for longer than 2 weeks and that would have been kind of dumb.
I don't get exactly what you mean. Also, I do know what necro posting is thanks.

D

Deleted member 204478

I don't really support this suggestion, in my opinion.
This is basically forcing people not to necropost, it's much better if they read the forum rules.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
"Make" The question is, will they read the rules? Also, it may not be obvious at times that the thread is old and you may accidentally reply to it.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
I don't really support this suggestion, in my opinion.
This is basically forcing people not to necropost, it's much better if they read the forum rules.
Not forcing, otherwise it may be auto lock. I actually doubt that new people actually are willing to read the rules. All I am suggesting is a light highlighted background other then white for people to know that it's more then 2 weeks old. May I ask why that is "forceful"?

Netflix_Addicted

Forum Expert
Nov 29, 2015
Quarantined at home
I don't get exactly what you mean. Also, I do know what necro posting is thanks.
If this suggestion is implemented then it should change a little bit because if you're marking every thread who's older than two weeks it's kind of dumb because then no thread will last longer than two weeks. So I'm saying, it would be a good idea if you mark every thread where the last reply is older than two weeks.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Thank you sir! 🖖
Top Bottom