Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her

🎨 Cubecraft Resource Pack 🖌️

I'm once again saying hello to my fellow (Java) CubeCrafters out there!

About a year ago, I made a thread saying I planned on making a Java resource pack dedicated to CubeCraft; A little something to enhance the Cube-xperience. I completely forgot about this project I'd promised. Whilst scrolling through my all-time threads, my memory was refreshed as I saw the name of the thread I had forgotten about. Feel free to view this thread and its replies: cubecraft.net/threads/296175/

I wish to revive this project, and actually work on it this time instead of only being talk. Over the last year, I can say I've definitely improved my skin and texture making skills, even if only a little. Re-reading the thread gave me the motivation to start working on this project. ❤️‍🔥

With the recent announcement regarding the future of CubeCraft, many people have been wondering whether or not CubeCraft is going to close on Java. Minigames that I loved have been deleted and I have to say I'm very sad to see those go. However, I saw some inspiration in the changes they're planning to make too. The resource pack would no longer be limited to an early version: 1.19+. Therefore, it opens up a lot possibilities when it comes to creativity and refining past ideas. And who's to say they won't add certain minigames back? Perhaps with a twist, a whole refined version or some new creative concepts for minigames! There are plenty of sides to see these changes from, but let us focus on the positive.

📈 Progress So Far & The Idea 💭

Over the course of the past few days, when I found myself having some spare time, I've made a small start to the resource pack. I've brainstormed and figured out what feel/theme I want to keep the pack in and even made a start on some of the textures!

The thing I want most in this resource pack is for it to enhance the vanilla experience. These days, it's actually more difficult to come by a person who uses the default resource pack on Java than someone who uses a PvP-based pack. How about mixing the 'PvP resource pack' aspects with vanilla? Not only this, but I wish to make improvements to some of the vanilla textures that could use some changes. This, of course, alongside enhancing the CubeCraft experience with custom textures based on names, et cetera.

The progress so far is as following:

oCo1d4E.png

In my previous thread, many people requested short swords. These may not have different colours or styles, unlike many other resource packs, but as I said, I wish to enhance the vanilla (resource pack) experience. A shoutout and free notification to everyone who suggested short swords: @Critly, @Grove, @Buckyy, @YoshiGameplayX. 🏓

ENR0sDB.gif

@YoshiGameplayX, here is your suggested redesign of a bow, with my personal touch! @Buckyy, I also added your idea to the bow: to add different colours depending on the pull strength.

My future plans for textures are as following. I'll add any ideas I come up with later on & the ones that you think of, so get creative! 🖌️

🤔 Planned 🤯

→ Recolour (and/or redesign) of the EXP bar.
→ Possibly new sounds.
→ Redesigning (certain) particles.
→ Clear inventory HUD.
Low fire.
→ CCGN themed hearts, either colour or logo.
→ References to (staff) members, past CubeCraft events, et cetera.
→ Custom textures based on item names (Gadgets, loot menu item, minigame items, etc.)
→ Splash texts.
Clear glass.

Recently, I've noticed the forums kind of dying out when it comes to creativity. All I've been seeing is videos submissions in the Creations subforum, along with a build or coding thread every couple weeks. As a community, I think we're lacking creativity. The community has definitely changed a lot, as fewer players from back in the day revisit the forums and server and new members introduce themselves. People come and go, after all. However, even though many of our old talented well-known community members have gone, new members join in on the fun daily. I don't think anyone wants to miss out on some freshly new skilled individuals. 🍃

It would truly be a pity to see CubeCraft and its server and forums die out so soon and so suddenly. Call it clinging to the past, I really don't wish for such an unfortunate thing to happen to the Minecraft server that I've grown up with.

I think that if we all contribute to keeping the server (and forums) alive with our creative ideas, constructive feedback and will, especially in times like these, it won't die out, and we'll get to see another phase of the server we all love so much. Creation threads about your skins, your videos, your builds, your coding, or suggestion threads, continuation of forum games, et cetera. I believe we can all help. This way, people will see that there is hope for the server, instead of them predicting the closing of Java. Get creative! ✏️

I would love it if everyone posted their suggestions on this thread. It would help me a lot, and I want to include all of your ideas and opinions (no matter how crazy)!

- A wild Hoshi

Last edited:

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
As a community, I think we're lacking creativity. The community has definitely changed a lot, as fewer players from back in the day revisit the forums and server and new members introduce themselves.
unfortunately more people leave than join...
Honestly its a shame you choose a server in trouble to spend your talent on, amazing work either way.

Reactions: Rocks1

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
unfortunately more people leave than join...
Honestly its a shame you choose a server in trouble to spend your talent on, amazing work either way.
I disagree with your statement. I’m not spending my talent on anything. It doesn’t matter if I work on this project for CubeCraft, Hypixel, or my own interests. For the while it lasts, what I’m doing is working on improving my skills in texture making. There is no such thing as wasted talent until you decide not to do anything with it.

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
I disagree with your statement. I’m not spending my talent on anything. It doesn’t matter if I work on this project for CubeCraft, Hypixel, or my own interests. For the while it lasts, what I’m doing is working on improving my skills in texture making. There is no such thing as wasted talent until you decide not to do anything with it.
I'm just saying you deserve more recognition :heart:

• Sad
Reactions: Evaluatiefout

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I've made some small bits of progress and am here to share the changes. :)

I made shovels into spoons! I think we all know who that's a reference to...

i1Ut2N2.png

They fit so well into the default resource pack 🙏

AULetfw.png

If anyone has any more ideas for references like these, or any ideas in general, as I said before, spill ‘em all! The resource pack could really use community contributions. Also, I’d love some splash text suggestions. Feel free to get as crazy as y’all want with these! 💥

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her

⁉️ Progress Update #2 📈

Hai everyone! The updates are kind of starting to become a daily ritual. Here is the progress since last time.

Made use of VanillaTweaks for some of the basic additions:

Low fire, much requested.
Clear glass (includes stained & tinted counterparts), also requested.
→ Unique dyes, not requested, however it's an improvement.

As for what I've worked on myself:

3iPfMLl.png

The name of the resource pack, and;

X9fz1EJ.png

The logo (pack.png) of the resource pack.

Added some splash texts! 💥
Made by a wild Hoshi!
Successful, Minecraft application!
Also try the CubeCraft Forums!
Also try the CubeCraft Discord!
Also view cubecraft.net/rules!
1.1 - Inappropriate Usernames/Skins!
1.2 - Use of Illegal Modifications (Cheating)!
1.3 - Teaming/Cross-Teaming!
1.4 - Trolling!
1.5 - Camping!
1.6 - Bug Abuse!
1.7 - Multi-Accounting!
1.8 - Punishment Evasion!
1.9 - Report Platforms’ Rules!
2.1 - Inappropriate Messages!
2.2 - Hate Speech!
2.3 - Threats!
2.4 - Chat Trolling!
2.5 - Spamming!
2.6 - Impersonation!
2.7 - Scamming!
2.8 - Advertising!
2.9 - Doxxing!
2.10 - Using Discord Channels Incorrectly!
2.11 - Bothersome Voice Behaviour!
2.12 - Inappropriate Reactions!
2.13 - Like and Message Farming!
2.14 - Inappropriate Signatures, Usernames, Statuses, “About me” and Profile Pictures!
2.15 - Multi-Accounting!
2.16 - Bumping!
2.17 - Necroposting!
2.18 - Petition Forum Threads!
2.19 - Repeating Active Forums Threads!
2.20 - Don't Spam Applications!
play.cubecraft.net!
Don't forget to keep your voting streak up!
Once upon a time there was a SandCookie!
Hello Lura!
Archer towers go in front!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 584093

Make the iron shovel into a ice cream cuz I always thought it was one when I first played Minecraft

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I couldn't be more proud of my most recent creations! Finally, I've created some CubeCraft (menu)-specific icons:

3Q42H8v.png

Icon 1 ➜ Back
Icon 2 ➜ Close
Icon 3 ➜ Loot Menu (Hotbar)
Icon 4 ➜ Shop Menu (Hotbar)

Took me a while to figure out how to get name-based textures again. Been a while...

Here's how they look in-game:

uw0snMP.png

uloOgXB.png

N3oLdrz.png

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I couldn't be more proud of my most recent creations! Finally, I've created some CubeCraft (menu)-specific icons:

3Q42H8v.png

Icon 1 ➜ Back
Icon 2 ➜ Close
Icon 3 ➜ Loot Menu (Hotbar)
Icon 4 ➜ Shop Menu (Hotbar)

Took me a while to figure out how to get name-based textures again. Been a while...

Here's how they look in-game:

uw0snMP.png

uloOgXB.png

N3oLdrz.png
That looks amazing, great job!! Keep it up :).

Reactions: Hoshi

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her

⁉️ Progress Update #4 📈

The entire hotbar is done, along with the loot menu!

CvoExwN.png

lgCNk9j.png

(Couldn't figure out how to replace the leather chestplate texture, unfortunately... Anyone have any idea?)

Next up, I'll be working on remaking the gadget & other cosmetic textures! 🖋️

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her

🖼️ Resource Pack Download ⬇️

I'm very glad to be able to work on this project and produce quality textures for future public use.

I've decided to finally share a download for use. I'd prefer it if people didn't edit the resource pack by themselves and take credit. Feel free to, however, take a look in the files. 👀

DOWNLOAD V.1.0.0. (Google Drive)

Top Bottom