Will Cube ever be the same again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
''2. What is the point of Blockband? - Nobody plays this game. It's such a useless game and has brought nothing to CubeCraft. I suggest it be removed and something else replace it.''

NEVER!!!!!

And btw, @Tacosbefriends you mentioned this: ''Our server stats say otherwise.''
Is there any way to view the server stats as a member? I'm pretty curious about which people still play Blockband!

And yes, i know, it has been two months ago that this thread has been posted, but I'm late as always

N

Nikboo

I honestly don't really know why I haven't replied to this thread already but it seems as if the same viewpoint stands from various prevalent members of the community. I'm going to try and be completely straight forward in my response and give you my honest viewpoint of where things currently stand.

Hello CubeCrafters.
Long time, no see.
Who cares? Nobody. The Staff team? Dead. The server players? Dead. What on earth has happened? It's a desolate server.
The Staff? I can name countless occasions recently when staff members are
1. Being Hypocrites
2. Punishing due to grudges
3. Just being really, really immature, unprofessional, not helpful at all

I can agree that some staff members haven't really put on the best show for Cubecraft and that, at the time, was quite concerning. Personally, I believe that these days the staff team is constantly improving and we're only getting better and better at this. Trust me, I know how you feel about the whole situation as I myself was in your shoes a couple of months ago.

If you ever felt as if someone was wrong within the staff team and a staff member should be talked to about the situation, please do report them in the correct section. I'm sure many players would have said the same exact statement, "report them here pls" but if you don't speak out your concerns about the staff team, how are we meant to know what to improve on? The Staff Abuse section is only viewed by administrators and owners so there is absolutely no way for us to know whether you reported us or not. If you believe a staff member has done the incorrect action, you can also speak with the staff member and give your opinion. if you're not happy with their response, report them or message @Tacosbefriends, the staff manager.

TheFastBowler said:
Are we to put the army of staff members that 'resigned' behind us? No. It's time to face the truth. Why did this all happen?
First off, Sentinel. Wasn't this supposed to be the big break through for CubeCraft? When finally all the 'OMG CUBE GET AN ANTI CHEAT' threads would disappear. I'm sure that's what the motives were but I just don't understand. Why can't you develop an anti cheat that works? It rarely kicks hackers. Sure, they get banned after some time due to ban waves being introduced, but does it make 'customer service' or the experience of the players better? Absolutely not, because the hacker is still in the game, hacking and ruining everything. That's not all, for some reason, post release of Sentinel, there have been huge signs of server lag. Bugs and just in general, poor old cubelag. Wasn't this all meant to be fixed?

Sentinel is quite new and you have to admit, it has done quite a decent job in terms of cheaters. There has definitely been a decline in the amount of players using illegal modifications. I barely find a cheater on 1.9.

I do agree though, Sentinel does need a lot more work and I can tell you for sure that CrazymanJR is continuously working on the anti-cheat to improve it and crush all false positives.

TheFastBowler said:
DEAD CUBE - http://prntscr.com/f74kvq [CubeCraft vs German Server | Friday Night 2017]

I'm sure we're all upset that the player count is declining and I personally am too. However, I think we can all agree that we are taking a step in a new direction. Over the past few months, we have had countless updates and new updates are coming to Cubecraft sooner and sooner. Plus, I'm sure that the new Minecraft "Better Together" update will gather many more players to Cubecraft as now Cubecraft is basically partnered with Mojang.

TheFastBowler said:
How did we respond to this? I'll tell you. We got rid of Mac. Probably one of the smartest things that CubeCraft has done in the recent times. After that? He took EVERY SINGLE ONE of his followers with him.

Sorry, but I cannot comment on this.

TheFastBowler said:
I don't want to poorly offend any of the new Helpers, I'm sure you're all great, but let's face it. It was a rushed decision. 4 Helpers at once? Okay fine, that works... maybe. But what do their Helpers do? Here is an example -
'I like this idea +1'
'Should this be locked guys?'
And just for the fun of it, how about I quote this as well:
"i love build N1 and i think Teo made it cus honestly i suck at building and hes good so blah"
SO PROFESSIONAL AM I RIGHT?
For one of the world's largest Minecraft server's, isn't this a joke? When just 2-3 months ago, you were hitting 25k players every Saturday, on a weekday, it was 20k, now it's barely touching 10k. Your staff members could actually do something productive, but just today, I saw evidence of what an inexperienced staff team you guys are, one of the members, who came over to a stream, muted a player, and that same staff team has actually not muted many other players doing the exact same thing at much higher levels. Partiality? Hypocrisy? Is Cube seriously missing this? In all of this, again, I have managed to catch the immensely visible flaws in not just the team, but the Network.

Redirecting you back to my first quote. This is all I basically have to say about this.

TheFastBowler said:
What else? Features. Messed up.
1. Lucky Blocks Team Change - WHAT ON EARTH? I do so much work to get my team ahead and because some loser from the other team had to go out for pizza he quit the game so I go onto the losing side's team. WOW. Real amazing logic. This isn't Kindergarten where 'everyone's a winner.' This is the online world and everyone wants to be the only winner, and this is just rubbish.
2. What is the point of Blockband? - Nobody plays this game. It's such a useless game and has brought nothing to CubeCraft. I suggest it be removed and something else replace it.
3. UHC - WHAT? NO RANDOM WORLD GENERATION? That's just not UHC. I get it that you want to do it the 'CubeCraft' way but it doesn't work like that. People can just memorise locations of diamonds and get so overpowered. Along with that, what on earth are the bugs? Diamonds transform into stone? What??!??!?
4. It's been what? 2 years? Where's a party system? I party run a 10 player server and we already have a party system and I could even say a better functioning anti cheat.

I know what the proud defenders of Cube are going to say to this.
"Oh they work so hard give them a break!"
"Party system is coming soon [it was just announced in the livestream as I type this]"
"Bugs will be fixed, report them at this link"
"Hackers will be reduced, report them at this link.."
"Has been suggested before, was never accepted..."
"You are a hypocrite yourself.."

If you want to defend it like that, then fine. But really, the fact that things are being suggested, complained about, over and over again and nothing being done about it is absurd. And the fact that even after a new anti cheat there are still so many hackers is just down right stupid. Yeah sure, I am a hypocrite for what I've said in the past and what I'm saying now, but it's because I know that this server is really going nowhere. Say whatever you like. I'm practically done with CubeCraft. I came on yesterday after 2 weeks. What did I find? Of course, spammers as soon as I join. When I joined a PvP Duel, a Kill Aura hacker. Oh great CubeCraft, can you never fix this?

1) I do agree, this needs to be changed. However, I think we should perhaps be patient for the next block wars update so they can remove this feature. We haven't really had a blockwars update due to the fact that there are many more updates which are needed.
2) Yeah, I am safely going to say that blockband is dead. If you have any suggestions for alternatives, feel free to suggest them though! :)
3) This bug should be fixed? I'm not a crazy UHC player so I don't really know too much.
4) :P

I don't want to seem rude on this part but I dislike the fact that you compare us to a 10 player server. I personally have been on this 10 player server and I can already mention quite a few flaws of it. I don't really want to get into that conversation though. However, I would like you to know that running a 10, 000 player server which is a company is absolutely nothing like running a 10 player server. You haven't really experienced running such a massive server yourself so please don't just assume how it'd be like. I'm sure that there are many back-end thingies and bobs that management and developers have to deal with.

"Oh they work so hard give them a break!"

A lot of us actually do work hard.... just saying.

"Party system is coming soon [it was just announced in the livestream as I type this]"

:tada:

"Bugs will be fixed, report them at this link"

With such a small staff and developer team, there is little way we can fix bugs without the help of community members, such as yourself. :)
If you do find a bug, please please please please please please... do report it. If we do not know about the issue, there is nothing we can do to actually fix the issue.

"Hackers will be reduced, report them at this link.."

Already talked about Sentinel. (if that's what you're criticising here)
"Has been suggested before, was never accepted..."

There are many many many suggestions which are out there but with such a small developer team, it's very hard to actually implement all of the suggestions that are being suggested. I can confirm though, things have improve. Literally 90% of the recent Arcade update were community suggestions. Same goes with the Eggwars update, 90% of them were community suggestions. Maybe in future updates, you'll find that more and more suggestions are being accepted and implemented into the games on Cubecraft! :)

"If you want to defend it like that, then fine. But really, the fact that things are being suggested, complained about, over and over again and nothing being done about it is absurd. And the fact that even after a new anti cheat there are still so many hackers is just down right stupid. Yeah sure, I am a hypocrite for what I've said in the past and what I'm saying now, but it's because I know that this server is really going nowhere. Say whatever you like. I'm practically done with CubeCraft. I came on yesterday after 2 weeks. What did I find? Of course, spammers as soon as I join. When I joined a PvP Duel, a Kill Aura hacker. Oh great CubeCraft, can you never fix this?"

Anti-cheat / Cheaters on CCG: Already talked about.
Suggestions: Already talked about.
Spammers: I can only really say that the chat filter is also currently being improved. I'm sure there are some noticeable differences between the old and current one.

Anyways, I hope this cleared up at least something and it brought to light how we are improving. However, the only way we can improve is with your help! Please please please do report the bugs that annoy you, report the cheaters that bhop around endlessly and the staff who you believe have made a mistake. Only with criticism and suggestions from the community, can we truly improve. :)

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
www.cubecraft.net
..."

There are many many many suggestions which are out there but with such a small developer team, it's very hard to actually implement all of the suggestions that are being suggested. I can confirm though, things have improve. Literally 90% of the recent Arcade update were community suggestions. Same goes with the Eggwars update, 90% of them were community suggestions. Maybe in future updates, you'll find that more and more suggestions are being accepted and implemented into the games on Cubecraft! :)

Indeed, those were suggestions, but almost no one suggested to remove the old arcade. Indeed, it was outdated, but that didn't mean that it had to be removed completely! And I'm sorry, but the new arcade doesn't fill in the old one in my opinion. The new arcade is fun, but not as replacement of the old one. I know enough people who share the same opinion. The games are great, but I see it more as an addition to the old one (and a revamp of spleef, TNT run and paintball)
And the old arcade has probably already been removed completely, and there's probably nothing we can do about it, but still! I'm not the only one when i say that i really miss the old arcade. At least there could be some more revamps of old arcade games! (Quakecraft should defenitely come back in my opinion!)

N

Nikboo

Indeed, those were suggestions, but almost no one suggested to remove the old arcade. Indeed, it was outdated, but that didn't mean that it had to be removed completely! And I'm sorry, but the new arcade doesn't fill in the old one in my opinion. The new arcade is fun, but not as replacement of the old one. I know enough people who share the same opinion. The games are great, but I see it more as an addition to the old one (and a revamp of spleef, TNT run and paintball)
And the old arcade has probably already been removed completely, and there's probably nothing we can do about it, but still! I'm not the only one when i say that i really miss the old arcade. At least there could be some more revamps of old arcade games! (Quakecraft should defenitely come back in my opinion!)

Bearing in mind the previous updates of Arcade and Eggwars, I'm definitely sure management will take your opinion into consideration. :)

Reactions: Komodо

Timmehhh

Dedicated Member
Mar 14, 2016
I just agree on the whole thread. Simple, the ''Good'' Cubecraft is gone. And it won't be the same anymore.
I play on CCG since 2016, Not so long ago, and even i see the changes... :(
RIP

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
I just agree on the whole thread. Simple, the ''Good'' Cubecraft is gone. And it won't be the same anymore.
I play on CCG since 2016, Not so long ago, and even i see the changes... :(
RIP
It's sad to see such things happen to what was once my favourite Minecraft server, and probably one that was very unique, friendly, and open.

Reactions: Timmehhh
N

Nikboo

TheFastBowler said:
UHC - WHAT? NO RANDOM WORLD GENERATION? That's just not UHC. I get it that you want to do it the 'CubeCraft' way but it doesn't work like that. People can just memorise locations of diamonds and get so overpowered. Along with that, what on earth are the bugs? Diamonds transform into stone? What??!??!?

Just want to point out to you the signs of improvement with UHC. :P

Players asked for a vanilla experience when playing UHC and that is exactly what we give them:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/epic-uhc-update.194056/

Also, regarding the diamond turning into Stone, that is part of the anti-xray. If you find a reason to criticise this, then my opinion is that I'd rather have diamond turning into stone than players cheating on the game.

The no random world generation bug should be fixed. :)

Reactions: TheFastBowler

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
''2. What is the point of Blockband? - Nobody plays this game. It's such a useless game and has brought nothing to CubeCraft. I suggest it be removed and something else replace it.''

NEVER!!!!!

And btw, @Tacosbefriends you mentioned this: ''Our server stats say otherwise.''
Is there any way to view the server stats as a member? I'm pretty curious about which people still play Blockband!

And yes, i know, it has been two months ago that this thread has been posted, but I'm late as always
https://stats.cubecraft.net/

D

Deleted member 100818

In my eyes, Almost all of this is true. Like somebody cares about blockband. Maybe cube should finish there "maintanced" games first (parkour) instead of making new ones that nobody plays. To face reality this is what cube is like now (in my opinion):

StaffDiggers everywhere: I mean, we've all seen staff in a lobby or game right? But look for a second, they're getting spammed by these kind of messages: "Wanna play with me? Plzzz" That isn't even the worst, the worst part is if staff consider to play with them (and nobody knows why) they are telling it to their friends, "I played with a mod!" honestly, how pathetic. That's the main reson they wanna play with staff, some others are doing it to give theur friends an unban (yeah like that will ever work).

MiniMods: There is litterly a rule about it. But still people (not to discriminate but mostly rankers) are acting like staff and some of them aren't even noticing that. I mean, great that you wanna help, but you're application hasn''t been accepted yet so please give me a break and stop the staff act. For example people who are saying "what the sh!t just happened" Those guys are just giving warnings. Swearing ain't allowed but this is totaly pathetic in all ways, they're doing it for more reports because they're thinking they will get a higher chance getting staff.

Wrong decisions: Nobody is perfect, but am I the only one that doesn't understand why cubecraft made blockband while there was still a game in maintance? And it's not like it has been under maintance for 1 month, no no it has been under maintance for more then 18 months now and I'm not even kidding. Besides, blockband is everything but a great decision from cube. Just nobody plays it, deal with it. Maybe you should finish your games under maintance first? But I already said it before. And I know developers are busy fixing buggs every single day but I heared developers ar getting paid by working 40 hours in a week so explain to me why it took so long for parkour while you made another game? Speaking of games let's go on with this one, you removed games and lobbies which were so so fun. Ofcourse I'm speaking of money walls, buildwars and hide and seek. From what I've heared, you had to remove blockwars because it was similair to hypixel. And you had to remove hide and seek because it was from spigot and you did not had the permission to edit it or something like that. But remember, this is still one of the biggest minecraft servers in the world and I'm not saying it's easy but you could at least try to make a hide and seek or a buoldwars plugin because you know they were fun. And about the lobbies, for those who haven't experienced them yourself, in 2015 all lobbies had a secret area with hidden messages and the lobbies were just way more better before. Those were the times when teamskywars had it's own server. It's rather what you like or not but I loved those old lobbies (specially the skywars lobby) But that's my opinion ofcourse. '

And all since 1.9 came out you had to make separate servers because half liked 1.8 and the other half liked 1.9, now, almost 75% of the people are playing 1.9+ and 25% is playing 1.8 so if you remove that server you will AT LEAST lose 15% of your players. But the fact is that there are no updates for 1.8 left so people will talk to staff about that sooner of later. When I felt that cube "magic" when everything was like a story with a happy ending to me, there were at least 30K man online a day. Look at it now. you can say all you want but a lot of people stopped playing cube. The games aren't really different from the other servers, I mean maybe more games are good with cube? Instead of removing games so you can add new ones. Maybe give it a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
I do, and tbh it is the best game I have played on Cubecraft (Except Skywars and Eggwars, maybe)
I don't mind that Blockband exists, but as MegaCoin said, there are many other games that have been in maintenance for so long!!! SkyBlock? Factions? Parkour? Where are they? You can kepe BlockBand if you like, but if you're not adding and working on games that were supposed to be there in the first place, that's not right.

D

Deleted member 100818

I don't mind that Blockband exists, but as MegaCoin said, there are many other games that have been in maintenance for so long!!! SkyBlock? Factions? Parkour? Where are they? You can kepe BlockBand if you like, but if you're not adding and working on games that were supposed to be there in the first place, that's not right.
I suppose skyblock and faction are not coming back, although parkour is still on the selector. And if cubecraft want more money and player so bad, skyblock would be the perfect update with factions. Those are 2 of the most played gamemodes that have eer exist

D

Deleted member 100818

It hasn't been a waste of time, it was basically copied from The Chunk, which is nowadays 'part' of cubecraft
It was a waste of time because it is (in my guess) the less played game and they didn't even finished maintanced games yet. Updates Okay but mking a whole new game basicly means that they do not care about the maintanced games. Not sure if skyblock/factions will ever come back but if cube wants more fun and players they should at least try. okay not 100% a waste of time, don't get me wrong I've got nothing against that game but I just don't get why cube doesn't finish parkour while they made a whole new gamemode. And if I have to choose between skyblock and factions it would be skyblock, it's such a populair game so why deleteing it?

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
www.cubecraft.net
It was a waste of time because it is (in my guess) the less played game and they didn't even finished maintanced games yet. Updates Okay but mking a whole new game basicly means that they do not care about the maintanced games. Not sure if skyblock/factions will ever come back but if cube wants more fun and players they should at least try. okay not 100% a waste of time, don't get me wrong I've got nothing against that game but I just don't get why cube doesn't finish parkour while they made a whole new gamemode. And if I have to choose between skyblock and factions it would be skyblock, it's such a populair game so why deleteing it?
If you want to know why they add Blockband, you should ask @Minikloon (Although he never responds) He is nowadays a developer on the worst minecraft server in the world, Aka memepixel. I agree they should've brought back old gamemodes like you mentioned, but they seem like they don't care. SoonTM is just a lame excuse as a result of the lazyness to bring back old gamemodes! They deleted it because it crashed somehow, i think. @hgbf knows more about this :p

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

After coming back home after staying in the UK for a while, CubeCraft has became unplayable for me due to the region issue which is currently known and are being fixed as we speak, so I'll not be playing the server for the next few days due to this which upsets me because this is my favorite server. I understand your pain now guys
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything soul
timinator582162 wrote on sussy_blocka's profile.
Player Rayhidst2014 was traveling about 3 times normal speed. also was floating and flying. This ruined a perfectly good four player bedwars game.
Today starts Giro d'Italia one of the biggest cycling races in the world and who do you think will win the general classification after 21 days of cycling?
Top Bottom