Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Will Cube ever be the same again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
Proof? I don't see a "Last edited: X" underneath the message. And in HDW's post, the quote says "look" too.
It wasn't edited as far as I'm concerned.

I don't recall me saying "I haven't ever seen anyone getting a false ban".
One of the few that I do remember, is Jeff.

I don't think you know how the player base works here...
UHC's world gen isn't the only reason why players don't play it. There's also the fact that our average player isn't good at it & keeps dying, making it annoying to play.
Just imagine factions, where they die & lose their stuff, their base, their motivation to play it. Cube's community isn't built for factions.

As far as I know, the only Freebuild-related excuse was "Freebuild is an example of things going wrong with a deadline".

The message farming part wasn't directed at you.

Like I said earlier, provide me with proof & I'll believe it.
Just an accusation isn't proof.

If it indeed is over the 100, then I'll change my view on it. 100 is quite a lot of false bans.
By chance, would those be false bans in total, or false bans that were successfully appealed?

Refer to what I said earlier. (The part after the third quote on this message)

Let me reword it then: I don't recall it ever being used as a valid excuse.
I agree that some inactive staff should be taken care of, but that's not causing any problems right now.
And don't worry, I never get offended by anything on the internet.

1: A player base isnt just 1 small part its divided into groups, Cube could attract players by making factions.
Also you never know if people like it or not cube isnt just full of 9/10 year olds.

2: Also i have no proof of him editing it but he 100% did.

3: "Look at FreeBuild we gave the community what it wanted and it failed" That is the excuse i got on discord :P .
But when you make a creative server you dont expect it to blow up do you? People will build and leave they wont stay on there for hours like anyone would stay on survival games eggwars or any other gamemode on cube.

4: I saw about 7 friends talking about quitting the server because one of their friends got false banned 3 times on cube, So it isnt about just 1 player all friends stick together.

5: My Reply was edited yet it didnt say "Last edited" but i guess you wont believe 3 people claiming he edited it, That's fine but ik 100% he edited it.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
1: A player base isnt just 1 small part its divided into groups, Cube could attract players by making factions.
Also you never know if people like it or not cube isnt just full of 9/10 year olds.
Tell me this:
Does cube have any games that are at all similar to factions? No.
Will factions bring in new players? Potentially.
"Potentially" because Cube has a lack of advertisement right now due to the lack of voting & the lack of big youtubers playing here.
Factions has also never really been done for 1.9 for a large player base, meaning that Cube has to start from scratch.
Another thing: Factions can cause an unholy amount of lag for the server, due to chunk generation & server backups.

2: Also i have no proof of him editing it but he 100% did.
I rest my case.

"Look at FreeBuild we gave the community what it wanted and it failed" That is the excuse i got on discord :p .
But when you make a creative server you dont expect it to blow up do you?
Not at all. Freebuild can't give you points or XP. All you do is build, which you can do on a singleplayer world.

4: I saw about 7 friends talking about quitting the server because one of their friends got false banned 3 times on cube, So it isnt about just 1 player all friends stick together.
Do I need to say this again?
I can honestly only name maybe 6-7 times that I've seen it happen.
I based this off of my experience.
5: My Reply was edited yet it didnt say "Last edited" but i guess you wont believe 3 people claiming he edited it, That's fine but ik 100% he edited it.
Innocent until proven guilty.
It seems that the "last edited" only pops up occasionally then, as I can see it under one of my messages:
5c3e9e2c286160e5161c275d877a3d51.png

Reactions: matcha

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
@Gainfullterror You're basically assuming that I am wrong and that he didnt edit it but okay.

About factions if cube cant setup world generation due to server lag maybe they should think about the laggy lobbies they made and maybe find a way to improve the server's memory.
Other servers host alot more players(I wont mention any names so people wont start saying "Stop advertising) and they host uhc yet they have no problem.
Tbh at this rate cube needs to reconsider stuff. Assinations used to get players before the server died and people do lose stuff all the time, Im sure that factions wont be successful because its too late now but a 1.9 factions wouldve been amazing even if they started from scratch.

Reactions: TheFastBowler

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
I dont ask for locking! Not he But an other says negative things about staffmembers, Pls stop message farming!
For the record, I am allowed to say negative things about the server and any aspect about it. It's really clear that you really love the server and want to be a staff member here, so if you do want improvement, maybe, just maybe, suggestions might just help? Unless you want a server that runs just for the staff members.

I won't say anything about the message farming.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
About factions if cube cant setup world generation due to server lag maybe they should think about the laggy lobbies they made and maybe find a way to improve the server's memory.
Other servers host alot more players(I wont mention any names so people wont start saying "Stop advertising) and they host uhc yet they have no problem.
Tbh at this rate cube needs to reconsider stuff. Assinations used to get players before the server died and people do lose stuff all the time, Im sure that factions wont be successful because its too late now but a 1.9 factions wouldve been amazing even if they started from scratch.

The other server you mention does have a lot more player than Cube does, but I do not agree that they run their server with little lag. I know plenty of people of complain about the lag and the fact that the lag gets progressively worse when you're on the server. But I do agree that a game mode like factions should be somehow incorporated. It will attract a new set of audience (potentially). It might also attract some other YouTubers who would advertise this server. It might become very toxic, but it's better than letting the server slowly decline.

But other than factions, some game modes should be reinvented and created. Tower Defense is fun, but lobbies are barren. Minerware is fun, too, but game mode can get repetitive (should add a new set of games into Monerware). UHC has a promising potential, but the lack of interest and some other things let it die off. The Arcade is also great, but it's not as populated as it once was. Maybe adding other features into games like Paintball, Quake Craft, and others can make it more interesting.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
May I ask the severity of the punishments there? Let's say, a staff member which is being a jerk to me, what will be its punishment? And, who have acces that section (we all know that staff members can delete & edit posts, so, they can remove the evidence)?
It depends. Assuming all evidence provided is legitimate and we can prove it, we punish the staff member based on the severity of the infraction. If it's something minor, we give them a warning. If it's rather severe, we demote them. Too many minor things will also result in a demotion.

Yes @Buuuddy is 14 years.
@Tacosbefriends can you look. He says negative things about staff members.
Not really that bad. It's his opinion. It's not an entirely correct opinion, but it's his opinion and he can have it.

@tacosbefriend No offence to you, You're my favorite staff member
Aww <3

Cube used to get 20k at that time of the day and 10k almost 15 hours a day only at the asian time where the server would be dead and when i say dead i mean 5k players..
As I explained in a previous post, Springtime, especially finals season, is always a low point for our server attendance. Look at other large servers and you'll see a similar trend: less players in total.

The anticheat has been banning so many innocent players and even when the players show Crazyman the proof he claims they use "Ghost Clients"...
This is why we have an appeals system and this is why I've been up several nights the past week working with CrazyManjr to patch bugs and improve Sentinel. People tend to BadLion's anticheat as the perfect system, but even there, there's tons of reports of false bans. It's inevitable that you're going to get some false bans.

The UHC that came out doesnt even count as UHC in my opinion
If you have issues with UHC, please post in the suggestions forum. We're always happy to listen and make changes for our players. (We just made a small change minutes ago!)

Factions? Where?
I can assure you it's in the works. Just like creative, Factions is getting a complete rework to reduce lag and make it a more feasible server to have on our large network. I'm personally very excited for the return of both Factions and Skyblock, but unfortunately, it seems to be a long way off. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up with deadlines or expected release dates, so I won't.

Whenever we suggest something the staff use freebuild as a defence "You guys got what you wanted for freebuild but it isnt as famous" Freebuild wont get famous for the fact that its used only when needed its not a "game" If you know what i mean.
I hate to say it, but we do work on the things that get the most players first. We need to make sure our main games are our best and are kept interesting and well-maintained for our players. While freebuild does have a very devoted and excited fanbase (myself included!) it's unfortunately not as big as the fanbases of games like Skywars and Eggwars.

UHC was a game that was long waited and when it came out everyone played a couple games then got bored
Again, our players tend to like shorter, less involved games like Skywars. UHC takes a lot of patience, skill, and knowledge to master.

and saw lots of errors (No sugar cane / No map generations etc etc ).
Sugarcane's fixed. Map generation is... complicated. I'll double check to see that it's on our developer's to-do list, as the bug had been temporarily fixed and it may be that no one remembered to re-add the bug to the to-do list.

We as a community suggested alot of stuff but the staff always give the same excuses/answers on different posts... Its the perfect time to change, Be open minded, Staff Need to act like humans not robots... What's the point of using big words, If the server is full of kids?
Depending on the suggestion, it may or may not be possible, hence the repeat replies. Tag me in suggestion threads you think are good.

Alot of stuff need to change now... Hiring Helpers for example, Going on random posts and saying "Please report hacker here" "@Someone please lock this"
How about let them prove that they are worth the throne, Like no offence but the helpers who got their place right now should not be an example for the Staff wannabes on the server.
As staff manager, I'll take this into consideration.

The map Area-51: My favorite map and alot of poeple have been asking to put it back "Way too big" "Camper hole" "Hard to get to mid" Who cares if someone doesnt like it they dont need to play it, Most of the people i know LOVED Area-51, Yet cube removed it for the dumbest reasons while maps like Underdasea are still there, Underdasea the most unpopular map, Full of campers, and The hardest map to get to mid.
I'll ask our head builder about possibly re-adding or editing the map since so many people (myself included) quite liked it.

Not to mention how cube keep on saying "Behind the scenes" "Soon" instead of giving us answers (Oh what if another server gets the idea) whatever idea you guys have will get released anyway and any other server can recreate it on its own way...
There are a lot of reasons we keep tight-lipped about our upcoming projects. We're sorry we can't give you more; I'd personally like a weekly "look at our progress we're so cool" show, but there are a lot of reasons I can't/shouldn't discuss here for why we can't do that.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
Not really that bad. It's his opinion. It's not an entirely correct opinion, but it's his opinion and he can have it.

I'd really like to say that you can't decide whether my opinion is correct or not. I don't mean to offend you, but nobody can decide whether my or anyone's opinion for that manner is correct or not. You may disagree with it for your various reasons, but you cannot say that my opinion is not correct.
Also I'd like to add the fact that you said "We're always happy to listen and make changes for our players."
Well, then what happened to 66 votes for this idea and no votes against it?

Reactions: 0ffense and Thaus

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
I dont ask for locking! Not he But an other says negative things about staffmembers, Pls stop message farming!
Pls, you do not know What all about. There was a person And he says negative things about staffmembers. Idk about wich busy.
Thanks man you see it! Thanks man
Ok. Why about you are discussing? Pls I have asked die looking, And you say that I asked for locking!
Love your message farming there mate ;)

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
Thx mate, There was a discussion :). For look And lock

I hope you do realise you are the one message farming now.....
As someone said above, I am 100% sure you applied for Helper and desperately want the role. This, yes, this is what we find on Cube. These are the only kind of people left. The staff wannabes. No good suggestions, all the good ones get ignored. I just don't understand. And of course, when I make a point, you say that 'the opinion may not be entirely correct.' You cannot think of yourself as the greatest in the world.

Last edited:

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
I hope you do realise you are the one message farming now.....
As someone said above, I am 100% sure you applied for Helper and desperately want the role. This, yes, this is what we find on Cube. These are the only kind of people left. The staff wannabes. No good suggestions, all the good ones get ignored. I just don't understand. And of course, when I make a point, you say that 'the opinion may not be entirely correct.' You cannot think of yourself as the greatest in the world.
I dont have applied for helper, But Ok. If you read the whole message you understand. But I think it is too difficult for you! You are one oppurinist that dont know What it is about. Give comments to an other.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
I dont have applied for helper, But Ok. If you read the whole message you understand. But I think it is too difficult for you! You are one oppurinist that dont know What it is about. Give comments to an other.
You know, you're really funny.
You decide to call out to TBF to look or lock at this thread, whatever. What's really funny is that you're claiming @TheFastBowler is being mean to staff.
Why are you trying to insult him then? Is staff supposed to be invincible to criticism?
Why do you think M3m3pl3x went down?
They had corrupted staff that would never listen to criticism or suggestions.
I dont ask for locking. This boy say negative things about staff members, I dont understand What you mean whith this.
Ever heard of criticism mate?
It's how the successful people in this world came up as the top.
Since when is he [bowler] being disrespectful to staff?
All he's saying is what he observed.
Explain how it's negative in a sense.
Right after you say "Don't message farm.", you immediately post 3 posts which you could've addressed in one thread. Why are you such a hypocrite?
Do you not know that you should follow what you say too?
Thx mate, There was a discussion :). For look And lock
A lock won't happen just because things don't go your way.
Since when should a rant thread be locked just because it has some criticism?
It's not breaking any rules and he, @TheFastBowler never asked for one.

Basically, the people that have ruined this server were people that try acting all good and stuff, but all they do is annoy the players.
Seriously, do you have to seriously act like the staff members are god? Do you have to really argue the exact same thing after 15+ people
have before you?
85% of the forums are filled with staff wannabees.

P.S. You should really learn to speak english well. Half of your posts don't even make sense.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
You're simply just right! (Don't remove super craft bros or block band!) I've been supporting this server for 3,5 years. The first years were amazing. But at some point it went down. I don't think it will ever become so great as it has been by then. (It's still better than memepixel tbh)

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Okay that is kinda unnecessary
Look at their name it isn't English
Who's to say they are fluent in English?
Did I say that?
I said it would make him easier to understand.
But from a guy that never really uses punctuation correctly, why are you defending?
A person that isn't very fluent in english is better than a person why is decent at english and cannot use punctuation for his life.
In fact, I can't even understand 85% of your posts.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Did I say that?
I said it would make him easier to understand.
But from a guy that never really uses punctuation correctly, why are you defending?
A person that isn't very fluent in english is better than a person why is decent at english and cannot use punctuation for his life.
In fact, I can't even understand 85% of your posts.
So you're just going to argue about others' bad English now? is that what this has come to?
This is going pretty off topic, so I suggest we just drop it and move on.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
So you're just going to argue about others' bad English now? is that what this has come to?
This is going pretty off topic, so I suggest we just drop it and move on.
Dropped. Moving on, I agree with most of Bowler's posts.
However, I'm pretty sure that all of these can be fixed and that Cube can maybe once again restore its position as one of the top servers again.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom