Will Cube ever be the same again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
Dropped. Moving on, I agree with most of Bowler's posts.
However, I'm pretty sure that all of these can be fixed and that Cube can maybe once again restore its position as one of the top servers again.
I think it's too late. With so many suggestions but none being implemented, yours being one of them, I really don't think they will become a top server again. When a server begins dying, it will die out completely. Slowly but surely, there's no stopping it in my opinion.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
I think it's too late. With so many suggestions but none being implemented, yours being one of them, I really don't think they will become a top server again. When a server begins dying, it will die out completely. Slowly but surely, there's no stopping it in my opinion.
Minecraft is dying in general.
Now, Minecraft is just another internet meme.

Reactions: TheFastBowler
May 10, 2017
@tacosbefriend No offence to you, You're my favorite staff member, But Cube used to get 20k at that time of the day and 10k almost 15 hours a day only at the asian time where the server would be dead and when i say dead i mean 5k players... The anticheat has been banning so many innocent players and even when the players show Crazyman the proof he claims they use "Ghost Clients"...
Cube is my favorite server by far, But i was waiting for factions for ages and uhc for ages.
The UHC that came out doesnt even count as UHC in my opinion and Factions? Where?
Whenever we suggest something the staff use freebuild as a defence "You guys got what you wanted for freebuild but it isnt as famous" Freebuild wont get famous for the fact that its used only when needed its not a "game" If you know what i mean.
UHC was a game that was long waited and when it came out everyone played a couple games then got bored and saw lots of errors (No sugar cane / No map generations etc etc ).
We as a community suggested alot of stuff but the staff always give the same excuses/answers on different posts... Its the perfect time to change, Be open minded, Staff Need to act like humans not robots... What's the point of using big words, If the server is full of kids?
Alot of stuff need to change now... Hiring Helpers for example, Going on random posts and saying "Please report hacker here" "@Someone please lock this"
How about let them prove that they are worth the throne, Like no offence but the helpers who got their place right now should not be an example for the Staff wannabes on the server.
The map Area-51: My favorite map and alot of poeple have been asking to put it back "Way too big" "Camper hole" "Hard to get to mid" Who cares if someone doesnt like it they dont need to play it, Most of the people i know LOVED Area-51, Yet cube removed it for the dumbest reasons while maps like Underdasea are still there, Underdasea the most unpopular map, Full of campers, and The hardest map to get to mid.
Not to mention how cube keep on saying "Behind the scenes" "Soon" instead of giving us answers (Oh what if another server gets the idea) whatever idea you guys have will get released anyway and any other server can recreate it on its own way...
Please its the perfect time to change everything, The server is in a bad spot.
You're not my favorite player, because you didn't even know how to type my name.

Reactions: Despacito 2

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
It depends. Assuming all evidence provided is legitimate and we can prove it, we punish the staff member based on the severity of the infraction. If it's something minor, we give them a warning. If it's rather severe, we demote them. Too many minor things will also result in a demotion.

Not really that bad. It's his opinion. It's not an entirely correct opinion, but it's his opinion and he can have it.

Aww <3

As I explained in a previous post, Springtime, especially finals season, is always a low point for our server attendance. Look at other large servers and you'll see a similar trend: less players in total.

This is why we have an appeals system and this is why I've been up several nights the past week working with CrazyManjr to patch bugs and improve Sentinel. People tend to BadLion's anticheat as the perfect system, but even there, there's tons of reports of false bans. It's inevitable that you're going to get some false bans.

If you have issues with UHC, please post in the suggestions forum. We're always happy to listen and make changes for our players. (We just made a small change minutes ago!)

I can assure you it's in the works. Just like creative, Factions is getting a complete rework to reduce lag and make it a more feasible server to have on our large network. I'm personally very excited for the return of both Factions and Skyblock, but unfortunately, it seems to be a long way off. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up with deadlines or expected release dates, so I won't.

I hate to say it, but we do work on the things that get the most players first. We need to make sure our main games are our best and are kept interesting and well-maintained for our players. While freebuild does have a very devoted and excited fanbase (myself included!) it's unfortunately not as big as the fanbases of games like Skywars and Eggwars.

Again, our players tend to like shorter, less involved games like Skywars. UHC takes a lot of patience, skill, and knowledge to master.

Sugarcane's fixed. Map generation is... complicated. I'll double check to see that it's on our developer's to-do list, as the bug had been temporarily fixed and it may be that no one remembered to re-add the bug to the to-do list.

Depending on the suggestion, it may or may not be possible, hence the repeat replies. Tag me in suggestion threads you think are good.

As staff manager, I'll take this into consideration.

I'll ask our head builder about possibly re-adding or editing the map since so many people (myself included) quite liked it.

There are a lot of reasons we keep tight-lipped about our upcoming projects. We're sorry we can't give you more; I'd personally like a weekly "look at our progress we're so cool" show, but there are a lot of reasons I can't/shouldn't discuss here for why we can't do that.

@TheFastBowler
Read this

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
I
I read this and heavily countered it. He didn't reply to it. Of course, because he said that "it's not an entirely correct opinion," which is not for him to decide. If CubeCraft staff members now consider themselves the greatest in the world and get to decide if an opinion is 'correct or incorrect,' then I don't know what they're playing at.

Reactions: LoadzAF

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
I

I read this and heavily countered it. He didn't reply to it. Of course, because he said that "it's not an entirely correct opinion," which is not for him to decide. If CubeCraft staff members now consider themselves the greatest in the world and get to decide if an opinion is 'correct or incorrect,' then I don't know what they're playing at.
I guess nobody can counter it. This is because they know they are wrong. The question is, are they willing to fix it? Are they willing to fix the network?
As the votes show, not many people think CubeCraft will be fixed/be the same again.

RIP

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
To add to this rant/criticism, I would like to say a few words on the Egg Wars update. One very clear thing is the change in shop. They have changed it to look like Hypixel's. Now I won't say that it's bad to copy because that's how servers work, and it was good to finally add some suggestions that players had given. To add to that, the new generators look awesome, so no negative comment on that. However, there still has been no real change in what I had said about the staff team, and also what numerous other people said. Alongside that, Sentinel is still not good and needs a LOT of work.

The Egg Wars update is good, but doesn't change my opinion about the server/network.

Last edited:

Lucid137

Jun 12, 2017
Hello there. Not dead! Quite alive, in fact.

The addition of our new anti-cheat has about as much to do with the large number of resignations as Swiss cheese has to do with the success of the moon landing in 1969. It's a complex topic which I do not plan to delve into in this post, as I'm not one for stirring up old ghosts of yesterday's drama. Let me assure you that these two events are in no way connected.

Well, the only reason i found my way to this forum is because we got banned 3 times wrongfully by sentinel. One week left on our last 30 day ban :(
We dont use any mods except for optifine.

So if my families exprience is anything to judge by off course less players on the servers can very much be because of sentinel.
We made an appeal, and it was denied without any reason given. Contacting staff members have so far provided nothing except for a helper directing me to the proper people who take care of sentinel and have still two weeks later not replied or given any feedback - not even a "ok, we have shit tons of stuff to do, but well look into it, or Sorry, we wont have the time".

Its sad, because my kids and i loved to play on Cucecraft and i've purposely bought Ranks to us all to support the servers , now we probably will be moving on to other servers where we can actually play :( :( :( Not much to do when your banned.

Last edited:

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
Well, the only reason i found my way to this forum is because we got banned 3 times wrongfully by sentinel. One week left on our last 30 day ban :(

So if my families exprience is anything to judge by off course less players on the servers can very much be because of sentinel.
We made an appeal, and it was denied without any reason given. Contacting staff members have so far provided nothing except for a helper directing me to the proper people who take care of sentinel and have still two weeks later not replied or given any feedback - not even a "ok, we have shit tons of stuff to do, but well look into it, or Sorry, we wont have the time".

Its sad, because my kids and i loved to play on Cucecraft and i've purposely bought Ranks to us all to support the servers , now we probably will be moving on to other servers where we can actually play :( :( :( Not much to do when your banned.
Well, this does entirely prove my point. Sentinel was supposed to be a game changer. It hasn't really done much to be honest. I haven't seen a drop in hacker count yet.

Lucid137

Jun 12, 2017
Well, this does entirely prove my point. Sentinel was supposed to be a game changer. It hasn't really done much to be honest. I haven't seen a drop in hacker count yet.

Today we got our fourth ban.

On an account thats been banned before (7days)... So now that account is locked for 30 days straight.
We still aren't using anything else than optifine. Reaching out to the moderators or at least the people who are responsible (Crazymanjr) for sentinel have so far resulted in zero response both here on the forum and through discord. Sent my first message over a month ago here and 2 weeks ago through discord.
So far its a deafening silence.

I believe the push for sentinel was for the greater good of the community. We are also super tired of hackers messing up games.

But to repeteadly be banned by a bot and then get the appeals denied without a reason given gets tiring. My kids now start talking about cubecraft in a very negative fashion and they are the ones who are the most driven in this community to play and involve their friends. They are acctually telling their friends to not buy ranks on cubecraft because "you'll just get banned without any reason any way"..

All in all the experience really sucks.

Pillow

Sep 25, 2016
My computer
For the most part, I think that the staff team has been really helpful. I'm sure that there were some staff members that acted immature, but the others were just being helpful.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
For the most part, I think that the staff team has been really helpful. I'm sure that there were some staff members that acted immature, but the others were just being helpful.
Not at all. At least 90% of staff members in my view have been corrupt rather than helpful. If you experience it more, you'll get to know. In fact, the Admin thinks that he can say my opinion is wrong. Helpful? That's unethical.

Reactions: Jeff_Bllkth

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
There are only two perspectives players tend to have on (some or all) staff members and they are POLAR opposite. They either highly respect (some or all) staff or highly dislike (some or all) staff. Everyone gets that opinion from the experiences or situations they have had in the past with them. You clearly have had very bad experiences with the staff and have found some of them being outright ridiculous. However, others have had some better experiences with staff and have been told that they work very hard to improve the community and sometimes get caught up with their personnel lives.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
There are only two perspectives players tend to have on (some or all) staff members and they are POLAR opposite. They either highly respect (some or all) staff or highly dislike (some or all) staff. Everyone gets that opinion from the experiences or situations they have had in the past with them. You clearly have had very bad experiences with the staff and have found some of them being outright ridiculous. However, others have had some better experiences with staff and have been told that they work very hard to improve the community and sometimes get caught up with their personnel lives.
I feel that the staff team is a mix of both good quality and bad quality. And also, people don't judge on reports, reports aren't a rote for staff. Most likely, the
personalities are the reason for the bad demeanor. And on this server, we can clearly see that 1 wrong >all rights. I mean look at punishments. If you mess up once, you're gone.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation

Today we got our fourth ban.

On an account thats been banned before (7days)... So now that account is locked for 30 days straight.
We still aren't using anything else than optifine. Reaching out to the moderators or at least the people who are responsible (Crazymanjr) for sentinel have so far resulted in zero response both here on the forum and through discord. Sent my first message over a month ago here and 2 weeks ago through discord.
So far its a deafening silence.

I JUST had a very similar experience where I was banned for one week and couldn't figure out why. the ban screen didn't tell me anything so I went to staff and also found no reason why I was banned. Eventually, I did figure out why but it wasn't from staff. I asked on a forum thread if using a spam button on the side of your gaming mouse counted as autoclick, a player said yes it was and you would be banned which was exactly what happened. So you might actually be getting banned by Sentinal for a valid reason and not being told why :/.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom