• Poll closed .

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
Hello CubeCrafters.

Long time, no see.
Who cares? Nobody. The Staff team? Dead. The server players? Dead. What on earth has happened? It's a desolate server.
The Staff? I can name countless occasions recently when staff members are
1. Being Hypocrites
2. Punishing due to grudges
3. Just being really, really immature, unprofessional, not helpful at all

Are we to put the army of staff members that 'resigned' behind us? No. It's time to face the truth. Why did this all happen?
First off, Sentinel. Wasn't this supposed to be the big break through for CubeCraft? When finally all the 'OMG CUBE GET AN ANTI CHEAT' threads would disappear. I'm sure that's what the motives were but I just don't understand. Why can't you develop an anti cheat that works? It rarely kicks hackers. Sure, they get banned after some time due to ban waves being introduced, but does it make 'customer service' or the experience of the players better? Absolutely not, because the hacker is still in the game, hacking and ruining everything. That's not all, for some reason, post release of Sentinel, there have been huge signs of server lag. Bugs and just in general, poor old cubelag. Wasn't this all meant to be fixed?

DEAD CUBE - http://prntscr.com/f74kvq [CubeCraft vs German Server | Friday Night 2017]

How did we respond to this? I'll tell you. We got rid of Mac. Probably one of the smartest things that CubeCraft has done in the recent times. After that? He took EVERY SINGLE ONE of his followers with him. I don't want to poorly offend any of the new Helpers, I'm sure you're all great, but let's face it. It was a rushed decision. 4 Helpers at once? Okay fine, that works... maybe. But what do their Helpers do? Here is an example -
'I like this idea +1'
'Should this be locked guys?'
And just for the fun of it, how about I quote this as well:
"i love build N1 and i think Teo made it cus honestly i suck at building and hes good so blah"
SO PROFESSIONAL AM I RIGHT?
For one of the world's largest Minecraft server's, isn't this a joke? When just 2-3 months ago, you were hitting 25k players every Saturday, on a weekday, it was 20k, now it's barely touching 10k. Your staff members could actually do something productive, but just today, I saw evidence of what an inexperienced staff team you guys are, one of the members, who came over to a stream, muted a player, and that same staff team has actually not muted many other players doing the exact same thing at much higher levels. Partiality? Hypocrisy? Is Cube seriously missing this? In all of this, again, I have managed to catch the immensely visible flaws in not just the team, but the Network.
What else? Features. Messed up.
1. Lucky Blocks Team Change - WHAT ON EARTH? I do so much work to get my team ahead and because some loser from the other team had to go out for pizza he quit the game so I go onto the losing side's team. WOW. Real amazing logic. This isn't Kindergarten where 'everyone's a winner.' This is the online world and everyone wants to be the only winner, and this is just rubbish.
2. What is the point of Blockband? - Nobody plays this game. It's such a useless game and has brought nothing to CubeCraft. I suggest it be removed and something else replace it.
3. UHC - WHAT? NO RANDOM WORLD GENERATION? That's just not UHC. I get it that you want to do it the 'CubeCraft' way but it doesn't work like that. People can just memorise locations of diamonds and get so overpowered. Along with that, what on earth are the bugs? Diamonds transform into stone? What??!??!?
4. It's been what? 2 years? Where's a party system? I party run a 10 player server and we already have a party system and I could even say a better functioning anti cheat.

I know what the proud defenders of Cube are going to say to this.
"Oh they work so hard give them a break!"
"Party system is coming soon [it was just announced in the livestream as I type this]"
"Bugs will be fixed, report them at this link"
"Hackers will be reduced, report them at this link.."
"Has been suggested before, was never accepted..."
"You are a hypocrite yourself.."

If you want to defend it like that, then fine. But really, the fact that things are being suggested, complained about, over and over again and nothing being done about it is absurd. And the fact that even after a new anti cheat there are still so many hackers is just down right stupid. Yeah sure, I am a hypocrite for what I've said in the past and what I'm saying now, but it's because I know that this server is really going nowhere. Say whatever you like. I'm practically done with CubeCraft. I came on yesterday after 2 weeks. What did I find? Of course, spammers as soon as I join. When I joined a PvP Duel, a Kill Aura hacker. Oh great CubeCraft, can you never fix this?

Just do whatever you like.

Last edited:

StopWalking

Forum Expert
May 10, 2016
How did we respond to this? I'll tell you. We got rid of Mac. Probably one of the smartest things that CubeCraft has done in the recent times. After that? He took EVERY SINGLE ONE of his followers with him. I don't want to poorly offend any of the new Helpers, I'm sure you're all great, but let's face it. It was a rushed decision. 4 Helpers at once? Okay fine, that works... maybe. But what do their Helpers do? Here is an example -
'I like this idea +1'
"i love build N1 and i think Teo made it cus honestly i suck at building and hes good so blah"

Maybe some helpers are doing that, but I know that other helpers are just nolifing reports and catching hackers..

Power_Rangers

Aug 25, 2016
I came back to see if the thread on the party system had been posted but I couldn't help but reply to this. :3
First off, Sentinel. Wasn't this supposed to be the big break through for CubeCraft? When finally all the 'OMG CUBE GET AN ANTI CHEAT' threads would disappear. I'm sure that's what the motives were but I just don't understand. Why can't you develop an anti cheat that works? It rarely kicks hackers. Sure, they get banned after some time due to ban waves being introduced, but does it make 'customer service' or the experience of the players better? Absolutely not, because the hacker is still in the game, hacking and ruining everything. That's not all, for some reason, post release of Sentinel, there have been huge signs of server lag. Bugs and just in general, poor old cubelag. Wasn't this all meant to be fixed?
Honestly the amount of hackers has gone down a lot and I almost never see one. When I do see a hacker they are banned by the next day. A lot of people in duels are getting really good at PvP so make sure you aren't just hackusating.

As far as the Mac situation goes I have little knowledge what really happened and I don't want to waste any more of my time listening and engaging in endless arguing about it.
I will agree that some of the current helpers are less professional than the previous staff team but I honestly don't care as long as they don't abuse their powers to false punish a player in the future, act toxic, or threaten a player with their staff role. As far as I've seen the helpers are still friendly and that's all that matters.
I don't understand why people are getting so worked up over a a special title in good ole block game.

1. Lucky Blocks Team Change - WHAT ON EARTH? I do so much work to get my team ahead and because some loser from the other team had to go out for pizza he quit the game so I go onto the losing side's team. WOW. Real amazing logic. This isn't Kindergarten where 'everyone's a winner.' This is the online world and everyone wants to be the only winner, and this is just rubbish.
Blockwars team rebalancing isn't that big of a problem imo. The top players of it agree that it is necessary for the game to be fair so I don't see any problem with it.

2. What is the point of Blockband? - Nobody plays this game. It's such a useless game and has brought nothing to CubeCraft. I suggest it be removed and something else replace it.
What's the point of removing it?

3. UHC - WHAT? NO RANDOM WORLD GENERATION? That's just not UHC. I get it that you want to do it the 'CubeCraft' way but it doesn't work like that. People can just memorise locations of diamonds and get so overpowered. Along with that, what on earth are the bugs? Diamonds transform into stone? What??!??!?
This was the main reason I quit UHC and it needs to be fixed but it is the only problem I see mentioned in this thread. The second part is just the anti x ray which you'll see on every public UHC server.

The server is doing fine and probably better than it has been doing in the past year thanks to sentinel. There are a few bugs in some of the less popular gamemodes but the server is definitely not "All. Messed. Up." If you look at other servers you will find many, many more problems and at best you will find the same amount even if you look at servers just as large as Cubecraft.

Stefanvld

Forum Expert
May 24, 2014
Behind you.
I do not directly disagree with any of your statements, but I can assure you that your thread will most likely not receive much attention.

giphy.gif

"Party system is coming soon [it was just announced in the livestream as I type this]"

skeleton-animated-gif-3.gif

Though a party system would be nice, it really isn't that much of an issue in my opinion.

"Oh they work so hard give them a break"
This however, perhaps not the way you worded it, is a very legitimate argument. No staff member, old or new, admin or helper should be expected to be online 24/7. I have seen many staff members become inactive due to family reasons (which happens more often than you'd think), school (usually) or any other important priorities they might face/have.

"Bugs will be fixed, report them at this link"

Reported bugs are actually fixed more often than you'd think. There are enough people who put a lot of effort into solving them.

"Hackers will be reduced, report them at this link.."

I don't know anything about how well they handle reports right now, so I will not make a statement about this.

"Has been suggested before, was never accepted..."

If a suggestion has been denied before, it most likely won't be accepted if it's suggested again.

"You are a hypocrite yourself.."

That is indeed not very professional.

--

I too think CCG used to be better, but based off various other reasons. And yes, lots of things could definitely be improved, including the staff team.

abfc2000

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2015
Spain
I agree on everything. I don't like the way Cubecraft is taking... When Sentinel got released, I was pretty happy because it had kicked a few hackers I saw. In fact, I made a thread telling you, people, that it was good. But now I see it's worse than it looked like. It has punished several times my gf and some of my friends, actually lol. And it's getting more and more common to see people flying around the SkyWars islands/Survival games terrain or hitting you from 10 blocks away.

Also, yeah, staff members... "You need to be mature" "Responsability is needed" "You must know how to speak English properly". There are way too much staff members that don't even follow one of those requirements... (I will not mention names) some Helpers and Moderators have already forgotten what is their purpose here, on the network... What a shame, isn't it...?

Reactions: TheFastBowler

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe
I have mixed feelings about this thread.
I will talk about the Helpers. They applied for it and get accepted for a reason. The Spoiler below will show some requirements for Helper.

They get accepted, because they got all of this. Simply as that. And of course there are a lot of other things which make the cherry on the cake if you want to be a Helper... :rolleyes:

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
I do not directly disagree with any of your statements, but I can assure you that your thread will most likely not receive much attention.
As I said, I didn't make this thread to create attention. I don't mind if it does, but I don't care if it doesn't.

@Klompie They got accepted for the reason so they could make statements such as "Guys should I lock this thread?" If they are indeed 'mature' enough to be chosen, then really should they be asking such questions?

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
I also want to add to this... Not too long ago, I got a front row seat to see someone who is really close to me getting psychologically taken down by a staff member and where at the end they just said that is was a joke. Where is the "Quality > Quantity" that cube used to have and say a few years ago?

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
I agree with all of your points 100%. Not just that, but all I see now is staff wannabes around the server.
Most of the old players left.
Why?
Because they all realized this server isn't going anywhere.
What's the point of removing it? [Blockband]
That way, there will be space for another game that would at least grab more attention than blockband.
Why would you waste server space when you can get something greater by removing it and by implementing something else?
At least Money Walls and Control Points got 100+ players every day. Blockband doesn't.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
The Staff team? Dead.
tumblr_m4kikb63cy1rv4779o1_500.gif

Hello there. Not dead! Quite alive, in fact.

It's a desolate server.
3ef6d85c0563495b972abb8c97f69317.png

I hate to use your own image to refute your argument, but nearly 9,000 players at a non-peak time of the day is far from desolate. The simple fact is that GommeHD has a different target audience (namely, Germans) who occupy a different timezone from Cube's target audience (namely, everyone else)

Why did this all happen?
First off, Sentinel
The addition of our new anti-cheat has about as much to do with the large number of resignations as Swiss cheese has to do with the success of the moon landing in 1969. It's a complex topic which I do not plan to delve into in this post, as I'm not one for stirring up old ghosts of yesterday's drama. Let me assure you that these two events are in no way connected.

Why can't you develop an anti cheat that works?
Why can't we just make a cure for cancer? The development and improvement of Sentinel continues every day, and our anti-cheat system is only getting better and better. Infamous hacker/YouTuber xTurtle himself was banned by Sentinel on more than one occasion. We could easily make Sentinel ban more players, but this would inevitably increase the number of innocent players who are banned. There's simply too much to account for to make an anti-cheat that is 100% accurate all the time, and we'd prefer to let a few hackers go free than to ban droves of innocents.

1. Being Hypocrites
Feel free to report staff abuse here.

That's not all, for some reason, post release of Sentinel, there have been huge signs of server lag. Bugs and just in general, poor old cubelag. Wasn't this all meant to be fixed?
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc. Again, Sentinel is not to blame for every malady of the server. We do not sacrifice scapegoats to please the masses, and Sentinel will not be scrapped due to a perceived issue a player mistakenly believes it is causing. I play Cubecraft every single day with a connection from America, and I very rarely experience any lag. A quick review of your anti-cheat logs reveals you have an average ping of 400 with common spikes all the way up to 800. I recommend you contact your Internet service provider for assistance with this issue.

He took EVERY SINGLE ONE of his followers with him.
Again, you're making assumptions that simply are not true. You can ask any of the previous Chunk staff why they left and they will each give you their own personal reasons for parting from the team.

4 Helpers at once? Okay fine, that works... maybe. But what do their Helpers do? Here is an example -
'I like this idea +1'
If these are the worst examples of our helpers acting unprofessionally that you can find, we are truly blessed. I've seen much, much worse from other server staff and even previous staff from Cubecraft years ago.

For one of the world's largest Minecraft server's, isn't this a joke? When just 2-3 months ago, you were hitting 25k players every Saturday, on a weekday, it was 20k, now it's barely touching 10k.
We had been up to 18,000 earlier today. Your figures aren't entirely accurate. On top of that, it's a trend in most video game servers, not just Minecraft, to see a dip in activity in Spring; it's known as the least popular season for video games. Activity like this is not only expected, but actually rather welcome news, as our usual increase in Summer activity is just around the corner.

Our server stats say otherwise.

It's a known bug and is being worked on. As for the "diamonds to stone," it's to thwart x-ray users. That diamond block wasn't ever diamond to begin with.

4. It's been what? 2 years? Where's a party system? I party run a 10 player server and we already have a party system and I could even say a better functioning anti cheat.
You should really watch our weekly Twitch show.

the fact that things are being suggested, complained about, over and over again and nothing being done about it is absurd.
Bugs are getting patched every day. Just because we don't make it publicly known that a feature is being revamped or that a bug is being fixed does not mean it's not being worked on.

I came on yesterday after 2 weeks. What did I find? Of course, spammers as soon as I join. When I joined a PvP Duel, a Kill Aura hacker. Oh great CubeCraft, can you never fix this?
Feel free to report rulebreakers here.

In conclusion, we have two options: continue working as we are to improve anti-cheat, hire more staff, and get more issues fixed, or we can go the Club Penguin route and severely restrict what our players can do to ensure no rule can ever be broken. I'm not a fan of taking things away from our players, so we apologize that not every single hacker, spammer, etc. is caught instantly. We value our players too much to risk banning them unfairly. Sentinel is only code and will only ever be code. Computers will never be as precise as humans, and even if they ever do, it won't be hitting our Minecraft server's anti-cheat any time soon.

Neptuune

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2015
The Staff team? Dead.
Well, what a common way of phrasing that xd. Although the over-exaggeration about the amount of staff may come off as outrageous, the actual ratio of staff member to players is 54:9000 (lets just use this number cause tacos also referenced the amount of players earlier) that simplifies to a ratio of about 1:167, and that's at the "non-peak time of day," so yeah. I agree with your statement about the extremely small staff team, but hey, maybe there's a good reason for that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

The Staff? I can name countless occasions recently when staff members are
1. Being Hypocrites
Well, couldn't have said it better. Unfortunately, bringing situations up like this just gets the staff member a "stern talking to".
d0c2f65ccb5ce950f97225dcc6023bbf_-we-got-a-badass-over-here-weve-got-a-badass-over-here-meme_427-278.png

Are we to put the army of staff members that 'resigned' behind us? No. It's time to face the truth. Why did this all happen?
First off, Sentinel. Wasn't this supposed to be the big break through for CubeCraft?
Uhm, I'm pretty sure that the "army of staff members that resigned" isn't a result of the anti-cheat. Sentinel was actually really decent, and I do realize that there have been a ton of false bans and stuff, but hopefully the system can learn from that to perfect it, things like that take time, all you need is patience.

I'm sure that's what the motives were but I just don't understand. Why can't you develop an anti cheat that works? It rarely kicks hackers. Sure, they get banned after some time due to ban waves being introduced, but does it make 'customer service' or the experience of the players better? Absolutely not, because the hacker is still in the game, hacking and ruining everything.
There have been an extremely small amount of games I have been in where a hacker wasn't kicked, but maybe I was just lucky or something.

I don't want to poorly offend any of the new Helpers, I'm sure you're all great, but let's face it. It was a rushed decision. 4 Helpers at once? Okay fine, that works... maybe.
:eyes:

'I like this idea +1'
Honestly all I can do is laugh to myself after reading this list, cause it's honestly just. Disappointing.

Your staff members could actually do something productive, but just today, I saw evidence of what an inexperienced staff team you guys are, one of the members, who came over to a stream, muted a player, and that same staff team has actually not muted many other players doing the exact same thing at much higher levels. Partiality? Hypocrisy? Is Cube seriously missing this? In all of this, again, I have managed to catch the immensely visible flaws in not just the team, but the Network.
In times like these is where screenshots are vital to providing evidence to back-up a claim.

Imma just skip that whole Network section, cause wow whata mess.

I agree with most of your statements. However, I do believe that there are very few staff members that actually do their job correctly i.e. not false banning players for selfish reasons, and not blatantly lying when that situation is brought up. On the other hand, like, the developers literally wouldn't even be here if they were just doing nothing, so obviously they're working on something.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Before you quote anything from my post, read the spoiler below plox

system? I party run a 10 player server and we already have a party system and I could even say a better functioning anti cheat.
Better anticheat. Better friend system. Better SkyBlock (CUBECRAFT doesn't even have SB, right now). Better Staff.

Sincerly, when I purchased my rank in CubeCraft I thought I could help the server improve, hopefully, I bought it for only 59€ euros.... CubeCraft is getting worse, one of the solutions? Better staff members. Not wannabes. I'm going to risk and say that about the 25% of the playerbase is here because they want to be staff members, why? Because of the age minimum. Take a look at Hypixel, the biggest server, they minimum is 18 years. Go to their website and search for a wannabe? There is none. Okay, a 13 year old kid can be mature, but most of them are not.
Another problem with the staff team is the toxicity of some member. An ex-staff member left the team because of toxicity. Go to Hypixel and tell me a staff member who left because of the staff toxicity.

Another problem is CubeCraft's reputation, "CubeLag" or "CubeHack". Lots of american/latin players are tired of having 100-200 ms. The solution? They said them "A host in American is going to be able soon", 3 years saying that.... About "CubeHack", the AntiCheat cam out too late and at a very early stage. This nickname will take a lot of time to be forgotten.

Feel free to report staff abuse here.
May I ask the severity of the punishments there? Let's say, a staff member which is being a jerk to me, what will be its punishment? And, who have acces that section (we all know that staff members can delete & edit posts, so, they can remove the evidence)?

DON'T GET ME WRONG, THIS IS NOT A HATE POST ATTACKING THE STAFF MEMEMBERS(love y'all xoxo). I LOVE CUBECRAFT AS MUCH I DID BACK IN 2014.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Better anticheat. Better friend system. Better SkyBlock (CUBECRAFT doesn't even have SB, right now). Better Staff.
BUT it's a 10 player server, where there's very little to moderate & very few cheaters to take care of. These can easily be taken care of with a basic premium anti-cheat, as devs aren't constantly trying to bypass it.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Pls respect staff members. They spend their time for help us. I know it is annoying If you ask anything And you get after 3 days an answer, Yes I know, they have so much work for helping cubecraft. Look buuuddy he bans/mutes/warns 100+ people per day And he is 14 years Old. He Goes to school And have homework/tasks,...

Reactions: Aerlia

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
Pls respect staff members. They spend their time for help us. I know it is annoying If you ask anything And you get after 3 days an answer, Yes I know, they have so much work for helping cubecraft. Look buuuddy he bans/mutes/warns 100+ people per day And he is 14 years Old. He Goes to school And have homework/tasks,...
This is exactly the kind of people that have ruined CubeCraft.

'Pls respect staff members.' 'They spend their time for help us.'
Or do they spend their time to reply to threads saying '+1 I like this idea'?
I don't care if they answer my question or not because they aren't doing their job right either way.
Buuuuddy is not 14 years old.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
This is exactly the kind of people that have ruined CubeCraft.

'Pls respect staff members.' 'They spend their time for help us.'
Or do they spend their time to reply to threads saying '+1 I like this idea'?
I don't care if they answer my question or not because they aren't doing their job right either way.
Buuuuddy is not 14 years old.
Yes @Buuuddy is 14 years.
@Tacosbefriends can you look. He says negative things about staff members.

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
@Tacosbefriends can you look. He says negative things about staff members.
Why lock? Aren't we allowed to have freedom of speech? I would just let the thread die instead of locking it since it would make Cube look like they don't accept people's opinion (Which by your comment, you don't). So long this thread doesn't go against any rules, it can stay up imo unless @TheFastBowler wants it locked.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.