Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

adamsony

Novice Member
Jan 10, 2021
Wherever you get bad ping
So I get around 250-300ms ping and if I’m lucky I get about 210ms. I also get 40-50 FPS most of the time and never go over 60 FPS. Is this good enough for pvp? I have been told “buy wifi!” In duels so much so I took their advice. I went from a 100mbps comcast plan to a 400mbps comcast plan and hopefully it’ll Make my wifi faster. Currently when I do a speed test I get around 75mbps, is that good? I also use a laptop with an intel core i9 980hk and an nvidia geforce rtx 2060. It has a 4K oled screen that runs at 60hz. so basically I never go over 60fps and even if I did I wouldn’t notice because of the 60hz. So is 40-50 and sometimes 60 FPS good enough for pvp because some people say you need at least 100 or even 200 FPS. So yeah I’m just posting this because I want some advice. I tried things like new routers and motems and updating the drivers on my laptop but nothing works.

qMelonn

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2021
Canada
50FPS works just fine for PvP. Obviously having higher FPS will make the gameplay smoother, but it is still possible to be very good at PvP with lower FPS. Also, if I am not mistaken, Bedrock Edition uses vsync by default, which limits your FPS. Buying a monitor with a higher refresh rate could help this.

In terms of ping, there is not much you can do. I have very fast internet, but I am so far from the Cubecraft server that I get similar ping to you. If/when regional servers are added, it will be much better. But I do just fine with 250ish ping. :)

Reactions: adamsony

adamsony

Novice Member
Jan 10, 2021
Wherever you get bad ping
50FPS works just fine for PvP. Obviously having higher FPS will make the gameplay smoother, but it is still possible to be very good at PvP with lower FPS. Also, if I am not mistaken, Bedrock Edition uses vsync by default, which limits your FPS. Buying a monitor with a higher refresh rate could help this.

In terms of ping, there is not much you can do. I have very fast internet, but I am so far from the Cubecraft server that I get similar ping to you. If/when regional servers are added, it will be much better. But I do just fine with 250ish ping. :)
Thanks! Nice to know that my connection and FPS are good enough :). I do get called a lagger a lot though lol (Especially by high level players in duels). I play on Java edition btw. I sadly live in America which is very far from where the server is hosted in France.

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Just to add feedback as a Java player like you, 50 FPS is fine (as long as it doesn't randomly drop to 15 like mine 👀)

Ping wise I'd say honestly anything above 150-180 can get pretty painful to fight with and against, so that'd be a bit of an issue but if you're consistently below 300 you'll still be able to play. I'm west coast and I get around 150 with a very good internet plan, so there's not too much you can do for that.

qMelonn

Novice Member
Jan 15, 2021
Canada
Thanks! Nice to know that my connection and FPS are good enough :). I do get called a lagger a lot though lol (Especially by high level players in duels). I play on Java edition btw. I sadly live in America which is very far from where the server is hosted in France.
Ahh yeah that makes sense. I'm in central Canada so that would explain the similar ping. You may be able to boost your FPS slightly by lowering your video settings. Having Optifine also helps a tiny bit. I play both bedrock and java and there is definitely a difference. Good luck :D

[-MathiCat-]

Mar 11, 2021
So I get around 250-300ms ping and if I’m lucky I get about 210ms. I also get 40-50 FPS most of the time and never go over 60 FPS. Is this good enough for pvp? I have been told “buy wifi!” In duels so much so I took their advice. I went from a 100mbps comcast plan to a 400mbps comcast plan and hopefully it’ll Make my wifi faster. Currently when I do a speed test I get around 75mbps, is that good? I also use a laptop with an intel core i9 980hk and an nvidia geforce rtx 2060. It has a 4K oled screen that runs at 60hz. so basically I never go over 60fps and even if I did I wouldn’t notice because of the 60hz. So is 40-50 and sometimes 60 FPS good enough for pvp because some people say you need at least 100 or even 200 FPS. So yeah I’m just posting this because I want some advice. I tried things like new routers and motems and updating the drivers on my laptop but nothing works.
use this to help fps [fps texture pack] https://mcpedl.com/8x-redemption-pvp-8x8-pack/?cookie_check=1

[-MathiCat-]

Mar 11, 2021
i think cube is hosted in england not france

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats. Now make bedrock unsafe.

I mean safe again :)
Basketman wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats, mister HelperLane.
ItzzWxrrior wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
no way this cool guy is helper now 🔥
Mintypie231 wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations on helper!!!
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations
Top Bottom