Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be implemented?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MarcoPlayzz

Dedicated Member
Oct 25, 2016
This is a problem in both versions, especially 1.9. Everyone eats way too many golden apples per fight, and they just last forever. The only way to kill them is by breaking their armor, but they might have 5 sets of leather. And even if they dont, it much harder to break armor early game than late game. So I think we should make golden apples 7 gold in OP, 15 gold in normal, and 25 gold in hardcore despite no natural regeneration.
I totally agree on this, I would give a tops of 15 gaps per game. Good Idea! :) +1

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Ok, just saying, I didn't read every single comment on this topic so I might repeat some stuff that's already been said, but here's my opinion:

I don't feel that golden apple chugging is a problem, as I rarely encounter anyone who does on normal. I mainly play normal, for that matter, and it's not much of a problem. It's only late game that people carry enough to properly chug them. and anyone with a diamond axe can cause enough damage. I just have never found this to be a problem; I also don't think that gapples are the main reason battles in OP take so long, it's the armour.

And even if the prices were changed, I feel that the original idea would be too expensive. I just don't see this as something that needs to be changed.

Reactions: Ayroh

HolySmokes

Sep 20, 2017
Anywhere you want me to be
You make that sound real easy. What if their indoors or have really high ping? If you fail just once, then they will know what your trying to do and never go near the edge again.

You aren't really supposed to go close to the edge in eggwars and I think everyone understands that, then you just have to either lead them to the edge or hit them to the edge yourself, also if you have really high ping then I doubt you would win the fight even if golden apples were more expensive

Reactions: CommandantSlime

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
You aren't really supposed to go close to the edge in eggwars and I think everyone understands that, then you just have to either lead them to the edge or hit them to the edge yourself, also if you have really high ping then I doubt you would win the fight even if golden apples were more expensive
Or you could actually fix the problem so it doesn't occur in the first place.

Reactions: A pigeon

HolySmokes

Sep 20, 2017

What I'm sayin' is that I don't think there's a problem, you could have seemingly infinite golden apples as well you just have to be good enough to kill anyone using them.

It's like bowspam with a punch bow (Which is complete cheese) you can avoid it by becoming better at dodging or if you want to (and please don't) bowspam them instead

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Once again, you make it sound like hitting people to the edge is super easy or some mild task. And if you somehow lead them to the edge you only get ONE chance to knock them off, if you fail they will know how your trying to kill them and never go near the edge again. Even if you have a punch bow, not everyone can hit all their arrows perfectly.

I also changed the suggested pricing of golden apples in the thread.

HolySmokes

Sep 20, 2017
Once again, you make it sound like hitting people to the edge is super easy or some mild task. And if you somehow lead them to the edge you only get ONE chance to knock them off, if you fail they will know how your trying to kill them and never go near the edge again. Even if you have a punch bow, not everyone can hit all their arrows perfectly.

I also changed the suggested pricing of golden apples in the thread.

Look, there are many things that are unfair in eggwars such as my previous example of the bow, tnt spam etc but they aren't going to change those are they. For you yes it may be too easy to get golden apples which makes fight take long, instead of discouraging people to use them you should find a way to work around the op golden apples, no map is going to have no void/edges or areas were you can just spam tnt so learn to utilize them.

I have a different thread for extremely cheesy kills and I posted a video of me shooting a guy who was about in the center of a platform but I still shot him off, just gotta use what you got.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
I don't feel that golden apple chugging is a problem, as I rarely encounter anyone who does on normal. I mainly play normal, for that matter, and it's not much of a problem. It's only late game that people carry enough to properly chug them. and anyone with a diamond axe can cause enough damage. I just have never found this to be a problem; I also don't think that gapples are the main reason battles in OP take so long, it's the armour.

I still don't understand where the real problem is... It's easy to deal with and, while it is annoying, *it's not something that can be changed.

*Citation needed.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
I still don't understand where the real problem is... It's easy to deal with and, while it is annoying, *it's not something that can be changed.

*Citation needed.
Golden apple chugging is not easy to deal with, fights in 1.9 IMO are long enough and when you have 20 golden apples in your hotbar they become even longer. And the way you fix the problem is by increasing the price of golden apples, that way players cant carry around as many.

Also, bump.

Reactions: Lightning McQueen
L

Lightning McQueen

When makibg 1.9 , food was a huge oversight. But if we Nerf saturation on food PvE becomes impossible . The priblen is weak weapons and strong armour .

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Golden apple chugging is not easy to deal with, fights in 1.9 IMO are long enough and when you have 20 golden apples in your hotbar they become even longer. And the way you fix the problem is by increasing the price of golden apples, that way players cant carry around as many.

Also, bump.

If someone sits on their island long h, enough they can get as many apples as they want no matter what.

Also, fights in 1.9 shouldn't take THAT long. Sure, they don't take ten seconds, but it shouldn't take more than five minutes unless you continuously attack and retreat. Around a minute is my average time for normal combat, as in no potions, overpowered armour/enchantment, etc; Normal gear. If they have twenty golden apples, they'll run out fast. just hit them with an axe a few times while they chug and they'll lose a lot of health. If my calculations are correct, you can supposedly eat 24 gapples in a minute. That means that they'll run out quickly, so if their armour doesn't break they'll last a little longer than a minute. Not that bad. If you can't take a couple minutes (two or less) to deal with a fully armoured player (assuming they're wearing iron) then you have a problem. I assume that you're good at playing eggwars, so this shouldn't be a problem for someone like you.

Honestly, is it a severe problem or is it an annoying tactic that can be dealt with if you have a little time and patience. I think it's the latter, as I've never struggled with this. You have to remember that if they're chugging gapples they are spending less time attacking. Just break their armour or knock them off the edge. Use loads of TNT or something. There's really no problem with these people unless you are severely under-geared compared to them and they have stacks of gapples. If it is an issue, it's not that widespread. I rarely encounter people that try to survive by chugging gapples, and when I do it's easy to beat them. If it's really that hard, out-chug them. If they can carry 20 apples, carry 40. You know? They aren't expensive so take advantage of it. Be prepared. Don't get beaten by a chugger.

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy
L

Lightning McQueen

If someone sits on their island long h, enough they can get as many apples as they want no matter what.

Also, fights in 1.9 shouldn't take THAT long. Sure, they don't take ten seconds, but it shouldn't take more than five minutes unless you continuously attack and retreat. Around a minute is my average time for normal combat, as in no potions, overpowered armour/enchantment, etc; Normal gear. If they have twenty golden apples, they'll run out fast. just hit them with an axe a few times while they chug and they'll lose a lot of health. If my calculations are correct, you can supposedly eat 24 gapples in a minute. That means that they'll run out quickly, so if their armour doesn't break they'll last a little longer than a minute. Not that bad. If you can't take a couple minutes (two or less) to deal with a fully armoured player (assuming they're wearing iron) then you have a problem. I assume that you're good at playing eggwars, so this shouldn't be a problem for someone like you.

Honestly, is it a severe problem or is it an annoying tactic that can be dealt with if you have a little time and patience. I think it's the latter, as I've never struggled with this. You have to remember that if they're chugging gapples they are spending less time attacking. Just break their armour or knock them off the edge. Use loads of TNT or something. There's really no problem with these people unless you are severely under-geared compared to them and they have stacks of gapples. If it is an issue, it's not that widespread. I rarely encounter people that try to survive by chugging gapples, and when I do it's easy to beat them. If it's really that hard, out-chug them. If they can carry 20 apples, carry 40. You know? They aren't expensive so take advantage of it. Be prepared. Don't get beaten by a chugger.
Or we could fix the problem. I am already forced to carry 64 stupid apples to chug back. On OP mode protection makes it hard to kill someone with crits on time.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
I feel like this is only a problem in OP, i've never really had big issues or problems with gapple chugging in normal. Just make sure to land your crits while they do it and there will be a very high chance that they didn't gain, but actually lost health from chugging that gapple. My suggestion would be:

Hardcore: Stays the same, is fine as it is. gapples are already rare enough -> 10 gold
Normal: Same, is fine as it is. I agree with CommendantSlime on this -> 2 gold
Op: 6 gold or maybe even 8 gold (not 7 though since it's an uneven number and i therefore personally find it a somewhat annoying number to calculate with (yes i calculate how many gaps i can buy with the amount of gold i have)). The reaon why there's quite a stark difference in price compared to how it now currently is, is so to balance out the armor somewhat to a degree (never fully balance it out though, otherwise OP wouldn't be a gamemode anymore wherein you can get atleast somewhat overpowered, which is ofc one of the points of OP and makes OP OP, making you able to become overpowered, atleast that's how i perceive it)

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017
This is a problem in both versions, especially 1.9. Everyone eats way too many golden apples per fight, and they just last forever. The only way to kill them is by breaking their armor, but they might have 5 sets of leather. And even if they dont, it much harder to break armor early game than late game. So I think we should make golden apples 5 gold in OP, 10 gold in normal, and just leave it as it is in in hardcore since its not as big of a problem there.

EDIT: Im changing the suggested pricing of golden apples a little bit.
I don't think so because with the amounts of golden apples in makes the fights more strategic. With the though of knocking them off or bowing them off a bridge. As well if this change were to take affect many more people would play defensively or more cowardly as they don't have the support of there trusted golden apples. And i don't mind the long fights they get my heart racing.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
I don't think so because with the amounts of golden apples in makes the fights more strategic. With the though of knocking them off or bowing them off a bridge. As well if this change were to take affect many more people would play defensively or more cowardly as they don't have the support of there trusted golden apples. And i don't mind the long fights they get my heart racing.
Currently, golden apples add no strategy, they force you to hit your enemies in the void or break their armor in fights lasting 10 minutes. Also, no one is going to be a coward if we change this. If we increase the price of golden apples, that means everyone wont have as many so theres no reason to be a coward.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

After some weeks of break am I happy to announce that more interviews will come by! I have had interviews and also have some videos finished, been working hard on them. I appreciate all feedback on them and the same style is in them. The next video of the series (when I write this is coming out in: 19 hours 17 minutes.) Happy to hear your feedback on it! Also, have a good rest of your day!:D
had to reinstall minecraft just for the twitch cape (then uninstall it again)

looks great on my skin
image-51.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on BurgerCat13's profile.
🍔
BurgerCat13 wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Happy cake day Eva
caraMel wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVA!!!! ✨
Top Bottom