Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this be implemented?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

BigGamingWolf

Feb 6, 2016
in your closet
ugh, i hate it when people just have that infinite amount off golden apples and it takes ages to kill them, or to get spammed off, like happens a lot to me. :mad:

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Or we could fix the problem. I am already forced to carry 64 stupid apples to chug back. On OP mode protection makes it hard to kill someone with crits on time.

That's why I don't like OP, among other things.

I don't think so because with the amounts of golden apples in makes the fights more strategic. With the though of knocking them off or bowing them off a bridge. As well if this change were to take affect many more people would play defensively or more cowardly as they don't have the support of there trusted golden apples. And i don't mind the long fights they get my heart racing.

Currently, golden apples add no strategy, they force you to hit your enemies in the void or break their armor in fights lasting 10 minutes. Also, no one is going to be a coward if we change this. If we increase the price of golden apples, that means everyone wont have as many so theres no reason to be a coward.

Not having a quick way to heal, I'd take a LOT fewer risks and play more defensively. It doesn't matter how many other people have compared to me, it matters that I won't have as many in the first place.

I feel like this is only a problem in OP, i've never really had big issues or problems with gapple chugging in normal. Just make sure to land your crits while they do it and there will be a very high chance that they didn't gain, but actually lost health from chugging that gapple. My suggestion would be:

Hardcore: Stays the same, is fine as it is. -> 10 gold
Normal: Same, is fine as it is. I agree with CommendantSlime on this -> 2 gold
Op: 6 gold or maybe even 8 gold. The reaon why there's quite a stark difference in price compared to how it now currently is, is so to balance out the armor somewhat to a degree (never fully balance it out though, otherwise OP wouldn't be a gamemode anymore wherein you can get atleast somewhat overpowered, which is ofc one of the points of OP and makes OP OP, making you able to become overpowered, atleast that's how i perceive it)

Exactly. I like your prices and ideas.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
That's why I don't like OP, among other things.

Well thats no reason that we shouldnt fix it in at least OP mode. OP is what needs the golden apple nerf the most, so if anything they should cost at least 5 gold there.

Not having a quick way to heal, I'd take a LOT fewer risks and play more defensively. It doesn't matter how many other people have compared to me, it matters that I won't have as many in the first place.
Its not like you cant have golden apples at all, its just you cant carry more than 4 or something. So with the nerf you can usuallly afford enough to quickly heal yourself, but not enough to chug.

Last edited:
Reactions: CommunistCactus

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Its not like you cant have golden apples at all, its just you cant carry more than 4 or something. So with the nerf you can usuallly afford enough to quickly heal yourself, but not enough to chug.

A carry limit would be hard to implement, and just unneeded. I say they should increase the price of gapples on OP to at least five. Leave the other prices the same.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
No way, these long fights are the reason I play eggwars. I honestly love those 1 hour+ games I have on teaparty, and just wiping teams out by myself because I buy extra sets and gapples. If gapple prices changed, it would mean that it would be impossible to win 1v2s, 1v3s etc. Eating gapples and changing your armour at the right them in 1v5s at the moment is not as easy as you think, and it's very fun killing teams that way and watching them rage in chat calling you a hacker etc.
Anyway, the prices you have suggested for golden apples (5 in OP, 10 in normal) are the prices for gapples in Speed Eggwars.....so go play that.

Reactions: CommandantSlime

alltop10

Aug 23, 2016
I play 1.9 only, golden apples are fine as they are. If someone starts chugging golden apples you just need to crit spam them. On normal mode you cant survive a crit spam by chugging golden apples (unless you have a garbage sword) and OP is OP for a reason.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
It's not a carry limit that will limit you to 4 golden apples, it's the price.

How would a price limit how many you can buy? If you could only buy four apples per-game, they'd have to cost at least two stacks of gold, or maybe even a price diamonds. That would be way too overpriced and would ruin the whole point. If normal gapples (not enchanted apples) cost that much, that would cause a major imbalance. Just think about that; how does a price limit how many you can buy? Seriously, that's WAY too much.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
How would a price limit how many you can buy? If you could only buy four apples per-game, they'd have to cost at least two stacks of gold, or maybe even a price diamonds. That would be way too overpriced and would ruin the whole point. If normal gapples (not enchanted apples) cost that much, that would cause a major imbalance. Just think about that; how does a price limit how many you can buy? Seriously, that's WAY too much.
Yea your right, people will probably have a lot more late game than early game. But the price is supposed to delay players carrying around 20 golden apples 30 seconds into the game.

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Yea your right, people will probably have a lot more late game than early game. But the price is supposed to delay players carrying around 20 golden apples 30 seconds into the game.

That's really hard to do. Thirty seconds into the game, most people don't even have gapples. Five minutes in, most people carry 0-10; At least that's what I do. Early game, gapples aren't that much of a problem. I think it's actually impossible to have 20 gapples thirty seconds in on normal mode*.
*Citation needed

Even if the price was over a stack for a single, regular gapple, it would still be absurd. Anything more than ten gold is absurd IMO, and ten is still a lot. If a regular gapple cost a stack of gold, no one would have any until really late into the game. It wouldn't be worth it until you maxed out your gold gen, and even then, it's still a lot of gold for one apple. Over a stack of gold is unrealistic and way too much. At that point, they should just remove golden apples altogether. Which would be terrible.

Anyways, that's just too far. The price on normal is fine as is; you're talking about an extreme fix to a nearly non-existant problem.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
That's really hard to do. Thirty seconds into the game, most people don't even have gapples. Five minutes in, most people carry 0-10; At least that's what I do. Early game, gapples aren't that much of a problem. I think it's actually impossible to have 20 gapples thirty seconds in on normal mode*.
*Citation needed

Even if the price was over a stack for a single, regular gapple, it would still be absurd. Anything more than ten gold is absurd IMO, and ten is still a lot. If a regular gapple cost a stack of gold, no one would have any until really late into the game. It wouldn't be worth it until you maxed out your gold gen, and even then, it's still a lot of gold for one apple. Over a stack of gold is unrealistic and way too much. At that point, they should just remove golden apples altogether. Which would be terrible.

Anyways, that's just too far. The price on normal is fine as is; you're talking about an extreme fix to a nearly non-existant problem.
20 golden apples 20 seconds in was an exaggeration.
And you dont need to make golden apples a stack of gold to nerf them, just about 5 in OP. Enough so that players cant carry 6 of them in leather armor.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
20 golden apples 20 seconds in was an exaggeration.
And you dont need to make golden apples a stack of gold to nerf them, just about 5 in OP. Enough so that players cant carry 6 of them in leather armor.
That's the price for gapples in speed eggwars OP mode....... so play speed eggwars if you don't like gapples???? I don't see why you wouldn't

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
How will it not?
Say 1 gapple is 1 gold, and you have 20 gold, that means you can buy 20 gappples.
Say they cost 5, then that limits you to 4 gapples.

But only for a small amount of time. Once you get more gold you can buy more gapples. It won't prevent people from only getting that many per-game. Also, this issue is only on OP. For OP, yes I do recommend a price increase to five gold. Not for normal or hardcore. I'm fine with it as is, but I wouldn't mind if they increased the price.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
The best way to kill someone with tons of golden apples is to knock them off or go for crits or try to break their gear. :p
Like @warriors1976 said best way for me is to knock them off with bows or just break gear, best way in my opinion.
But it takes a very long time to break gear. And to kock someone off you have to be in the right place on the right map at the right time.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
We shouldn't have to go play speed eggwars because of golden apples being too cheap in normal eggwars.

But they aren't too cheap in normal eggwars. Only on OP. Even then, there isn't that much of an issue surrounding them. Most people don't care, and it seems like it's a small little peeve that only bothers a few people. It's annoying sometimes, yes, but it's not as easily fixed as increasing the price. It's something that you just have to deal with.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
I still don`t know why people complain about the price of golden apples. I`ve never had a problem about people having too many, since you can get combos on them and knock them off or go for crits to do a lot of damage to them. There's more than one thread complaining about this.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Aratic's profile.
Hope you're doing good man.
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
I'mma guess your favorite S class hero have changed lmao.
Pluisje wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
gefeliciteerd schat 🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼
Dutch_Frietjes wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Eva bbgirl xx
Top Bottom