Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
It's obvious that the 1.19 update has not gone down well within the eggwars community. The unfortunate thing is that the devs have spent the past 10 months working on this, so it is very unlikely that they actually revert this. Games are much much slower, speedrunning is dead, and a lot of sweats are either quitting or migrating to hive. My idea, to put it frankly, is to just revert the eggwars shop prices to how they were. Just bring back the old Hardcore, normal and op modes. Bring back the 1 iron for 3 blocks, bring back the 12 iron for 12 steak. There was no need to change this. Don't remove any other feature of the update; Getting emeralds for elims is a great feature. If you revert the shop prices, I honestly don't mind other season 2 items like netherite, tridents, crossbows and enchantments, provided that they are balanced and not too op.

TLDR: Revert the shop prices to how they were, but keep emeralds and other season 2 features

Don't Forget to react with :agree:

Last edited:

IPadSweat

May 15, 2023
Exactly, they can keep their update while bringing back thousands of players. I used to do a 31 iron rush and now I have to almost spend 2 stacks to be geared enough, and, you generators don’t start up before the game and are slower

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
Nah i Diss aggre cubes Changes Made eggwars better and ITS enouph forbme BC now you can Play IT before they Change this Things IT was the worst and know IT makes fun tho
Nope, these changes are nowhere near enough. It still takes a FULL minute to get all your rushing gear, and then be 3 tapped by a full iron with an iron sword. They need to revert all shop items and prices completely. As an example, a stone pickaxe is still 18x more expensive than pre-update (yes, 18x). Blocks are way overpriced too.

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
I use to not play eggwars back when these changes were not added because I would always be instantly rushed and killed. This update has made it easier for me (and newer players) to actually experience the gamemode. And again, eggwars was not made for speedruns.

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
I use to not play eggwars back when these changes were not added because I would always be instantly rushed and killed. This update has made it easier for me (and newer players) to actually experience the gamemode. And again, eggwars was not made for speedruns.
I understand your point, but this isn't an update, rather a complete overhaul. They could've made blocks a bit more expensive to counter that issue instead of changing the fundamentals of what makes eggwars, eggwars.

Reactions: Reesle

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
It's obvious that the 1.19 update has not gone down well within the eggwars community. The unfortunate thing is that the devs have spent the past 10 months working on this, so it is very unlikely that they actually revert this. Games are much much slower, speedrunning is dead, and a lot of sweats are either quitting or migrating to hive. My idea, to put it frankly, is to just revert the eggwars shop prices to how they were. Just bring back the old Hardcore, normal and op modes. Bring back the 1 iron for 3 blocks, bring back the 12 iron for 12 steak. There was no need to change this. Don't remove any other feature of the update; Getting emeralds for elims is a great feature. If you revert the shop prices, I honestly don't mind other season 2 items like netherite, tridents, crossbows and enchantments, provided that they are balanced and not too op.

TLDR: Revert the shop prices to how they were, but keep emeralds and other season 2 features

Don't Forget to react with :agree:
I agree. I also hope they revert back to the old kb, I personally hate the new kb which made me quit FFA and switch to playing Hive, Nethergames, Lifeboat, and other servers since it’s the update’s release.
I like the shop discounts and the emerald rewards for getting eggs & eliminations. As long as they revert it the rest, I’m ok with the season 2 items as well.

Reactions: Awabbatt

CeruleanPrism81

Novice Member
Sep 19, 2021
world of emeralds
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree, the prices in Egg Wars Season 1 were the most balanced, of course, many will disagree, but their opinion is not taken into account. I spent more than 1000+ hours in this game and I can say for sure that this is a good decision

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
I agree, the prices in Egg Wars Season 1 were the most balanced, of course, many will disagree, but their opinion is not taken into account. I spent more than 1000+ hours in this game and I can say for sure that this is a good decision
Yep, it's annoying that admins who barely play on the server do radical changes that are hated by the community, at this point it is part of cubecrafts core identity.

I agree. I also hope they revert back to the old kb, I personally hate the new kb which made me quit FFA and switch to playing Hive, Nethergames, Lifeboat, and other servers since it’s the update’s release.
I like the shop discounts and the emerald rewards for getting eggs & eliminations. As long as they revert it the rest, I’m ok with the season 2 items as well.

Yeah pretty much all of the sweaty community have since migrated to hive, but it's just not the same. I think part of the reason we are so frustrated is that we all know how fun eggwars can be, but then this happens. If only the community was heard.

WorriedSkate940

Helper
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Feb 2, 2023
Poland but I live in Sweden
I think it's all like with going to a swimming pool. In like 2019 and 2020 people didn't complain about slow gens and not that fast games. It was like going into the big pool. Then in December 2021 they added the eggwars update. Everyone realised how fast it can be now. We entered the jacuzzi. And after all of that we went back into the big pool. It's not that bad compared to 2019 and 2020 but it's always gonna be worse than it was before. (This post sounds dumb bec I'm talking about eggwars history and pools lmao)

• Agree
Reactions: Awabbatt

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
I understand your point, but this isn't an update, rather a complete overhaul. They could've made blocks a bit more expensive to counter that issue instead of changing the fundamentals of what makes eggwars, eggwars.
I hear you and I really want to hear what are those fundamentals. Because if you are talking about getting blocks, armor, and steak within the first 10 seconds of the game, then you don't really get what I said. This overhaul was made to even out the playing field between the large skill gap that exists.

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I hear you and I really want to hear what are those fundamentals. Because if you are talking about getting blocks, armor, and steak within the first 10 seconds of the game, then you don't really get what I said. This overhaul was made to even out the playing field between the large skill gap that exists.
The issue is that the update changed too many things that kept players coming back. Even if this update made eggwars more balanced, the degree to which it was changed is likely what has lead to a noticeable and significant decline in player count, which should be prioritized more than making games more balanced. If you want to hear my opinion in great detail, you can read a thread I posted Here.

JustNathie

♡ Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 15, 2022
Out of this world 🪐
Even if this update made eggwars more balanced, the degree to which it was changed is likely what has lead to a noticeable and significant decline in player count, which should be prioritized more than making games more balanced.
I do agree that a lot was changed, and imo I think it was for the better. Eggwars has had the same meta for a long period of time and I can tell why players would be mad at it. Because change is not really their thing. I believe the player count hasn't really been much affected because now, instead of the usual speedrunners, we get the newer players that have been avoiding eggwars because of specifically those people that believe eggwars had an overhaul simply by adjusting the prices to curb the meta of getting your stack of blocks, pickaxe and steak to instantly break a player's egg. Which to me, is a bit unfair to players - especially those that got minecraft for the first time and wanted to try out eggwars (money wars) because their childhood youtubers played it. Balance is way more important and it was definitely needed.

If you want to hear my opinion in great detail, you can read a thread I posted Here.
I did go through it (nice thread btw) and I really do get your opinion. If a large group of "rushers" decided to migrate to hive, that's really evident that they didn't want balanced because, if you've seen hive tw players. you'd know that their strategy would be, get five gold and rush the person next to you, and that is not balanced at all imo (I can't wait to see what their tw seasons will bring).

lichtim

Novice Member
May 21, 2023
North germany
Nope, these changes are nowhere near enough. It still takes a FULL minute to get all your rushing gear, and then be 3 tapped by a full iron with an iron sword. They need to revert all shop items and prices completely. As an example, a stone pickaxe is still 18x more expensive than pre-update (yes, 18x). Blocks are way overpriced too.
Dude when i Play Solos or dous i get the meiner kit and i Bus 32 Block and then i Rush and the enemys have offen No Armor too so but If they have Armor i try to Combo them into the void and If this fail i Bus me füll Iron and stuff

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
I think it's all like with going to a swimming pool. In like 2019 and 2020 people didn't complain about slow gens and not that fast games. It was like going into the big pool. Then in December 2021 they added the eggwars update. Everyone realised how fast it can be now. We entered the jacuzzi. And after all of that we went back into the big pool. It's not that bad compared to 2019 and 2020 but it's always gonna be worse than it was before. (This post sounds dumb bec I'm talking about eggwars history and pools lmao)
Completely agree. I was one of the few people who despised the December 2021 update. Keep in mind that NO price changes were made, only generators started while you were in your cage. So instead of starting with 0 iron, you had 25. This ruined all previous strategies, and games were way too fast. The problem is they waited too long to fix that issue, to the point that we were all used to it. What's worse is that they didn't even fix it - I would rather 2020 with the slow generators than whatever this mess of code is.
^^^ Look at what I said, if the only change they did was revert the generator speed to 2020 eggwars, the community wouldn't be mad at all. You would have to wait at least 30 seconds to get all of those things. There were also interesting speedrunning strategies, like choosing builder and buying a pickaxe with one iron and rushing in solos. Games weren't insanely fast like you were talking about. The problem with this 'update' is that it makes games too slow. Sure it might be more balanced than what eggwars was, but that doesn't mean it's the most balanced. As I said, a simple tweak like gens not starting while you are in your cage is the perfect compromise and would leave both parties happy.

Minqtaur

Nov 1, 2022
Washington
m.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I think you definitely have part of what needs to change back (prices), although I think that if speedrunning is ever going to feel “fun” again generators need to change back, the pickax kit now has the fastest pic in the game and it’s still incredibly slow. I don’t really know, but I agree that eggwars could have used a refresher, however it did not need a, to quote RelatedNoobs, a “factory reset”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Top Bottom