Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Well what's the problem with it?
You can't block 'Jew' just because it's used as a swear word most times.
It's like people getting triggered at Terraria's Dryad, sometimes it would have the name "Isis" , which is the name of an egyptian goddess. Which, might fit another mythological creature as the Dryad. Thing is, people started complaining about it while it was referencing a goddess, not the Islamic State.

Driverminer

Oct 19, 2016
Hey! So, the title is a serious claim, so I'd like to back it up with some hard evidence.

Hop onto the HUB, right now, and type "jew". See what happens.

Now, type any other religion in the history of the world, including "muslim", "christian", "buddhist", etc. See what happens.

Are you kidding me CubeCraft? What the hell were you thinking?

http://i.imgur.com/WlzM6Y7.mp4
this might not be the servers fault also people many where i live say "what a Jew" so i haven't actually checked what it says when you type this but it might be a result of that or a system problem not that i would known.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
this might not be the servers fault also people many where i live say "what a Jew" so i haven't actually checked what it says when you type this but it might be a result of that or a system problem not that i would known.
What an American
What an English
What an Italian
What an Australian
What a Japanese
What an Asian
Wow I'm really offended
Ouch

CptSwollhouse

Jul 12, 2016
Houston, Texas
It's because of comedy, and the people that don't understand what comedy or a sense of humor is. The term Jew has, for several years, been used in comedy when referencing the holocaust. Since comedians and people have been joking about it, others have taken offense to it. This only fuels the fire, and now the word Jew is a slur for a Jewish person.

As Louis C.K. said, "Jew, is the only word that is the right thing to call a person, and a slur for the same person! You can say, 'he's a jew', and it's fine, but if you say it, 'he's a jew', its a terrible thing to call a person!"

Other religions have different words that are slurs for their people, but Jew's got seriously unlucky and it ended up being the same word.

LilNugget

Dedicated Member
Jun 21, 2016
McDonalds
^ That is true.
Also, I want to point out that for some reason (Although I dont agree with this nor think it is ok) "jew" is used at an insult. Now, I see where you may be angry because you can't say "jew", but all you have to do is use "jewish". I see what you mean, but I dont think CubeCraft is trying to be racist or dscriminate against a religion.

Reactions: iLoveYouu

Chump

Oct 19, 2016
^ That is true.
Also, I want to point out that for some reason (Although I dont agree with this nor think it is ok) "jew" is used at an insult. Now, I see where you may be angry because you can't say "jew", but all you have to do is use "jewish". I see what you mean, but I dont think CubeCraft is trying to be racist or dscriminate against a religion.
Again, what about Muslim? or Christian? I can swear with either of those, all religions have extremists and horrible things in their history I can use as advantages. So, I'm going to update my OP with more information about what to change.

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
I kind of get what you mean, I will not say much further on this because we all know what happened with the Jews and that may be a reason why the word is blacklisted, to prevent someone calling someone else that to discriminate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Just met my number 1 fan irl
1714596148741259329038294634727.jpg
Fesa wrote on Austin's profile.
Me getting flowers to put in your soup
1714588672643.jpeg
Top Bottom