Results are only viewable after voting.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
My opinion:

1st offense: heavy ban (3-6 months)
2nd offense: perma ban

1 WEEK! THEY GET BANNED FOR 1 WEEK!!! nuh uh I'm done, this is bologna, my first offense was targeting someone and I got MUTED for longer than a HACKER gets BANNED!!! This needs to be a straight away 6 month ban and if it happens again its a perma IP ban. They should know better, I mean, have you ever met a hacker that says "i didn't know it was against the rules" cuz they're obviously lying, name one server where you can hack! ONE WELL KNOWN SERVER! exactly...point in case. My vote goes to 6 month ban just because they KNOW they're breaking the rules and it doesn't seem to bother them. Most say "Idc ban me I have 7 more acc just lined up ready to play"
I once met a hacker that hacked because he didn't know it was against the rules.

If I had to guess his age, I'd say 5.
I think an intermediate approach would work best. For instance, first offense is one month and second is permanent. Also, if 3 or more accounts from the same IP address get banned, you get IP banned.

I do record hackers a lot, and I enjoy helping the server get rid of hackers, but there are some problems:

1) it takes on average 24+ hours for staff to respond to your report
2) very few people can and do record
-it becomes a pain when there's a hacker every other game and you have to upload post and threadbump 10 hacker vids
3) 1 week ban
There is a problem with IP bans. Maybe several hackers are playing in a school computer lab, shared with innocent players. But does make some sense, though.

Final comment: why did they make this change?

Reactions: iLoveYouu

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
My opinion:

1st offense: heavy ban (3-6 months)
2nd offense: perma ban

I once met a hacker that hacked because he didn't know it was against the rules.

If I had to guess his age, I'd say 5.

There is a problem with IP bans. Maybe several hackers are playing in a school computer lab, shared with innocent players. But does make some sense, though.

Final comment: why did they make this change?
Students shouldn't be playing in school to begin with unless they have their own computer and they have absolutely nothing important left to do.

Also, afraid of getting banned? Record yourself or at least screenshot your F3 and menu to prove you don't have hacks on.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Students shouldn't be playing in school to begin with unless they have their own computer and they have absolutely nothing important left to do.

Also, afraid of getting banned? Record yourself or at least screenshot your F3 and menu to prove you don't have hacks on.
Library computers?
Of course you have no empathy because you don't have siblings who use the same computer to play Minecraft (probably). But for those who do, it would suck to be banned because your sibling was dumb.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Library computers?
Of course you have no empathy because you don't have siblings who use the same computer to play Minecraft (probably). But for those who do, it would suck to be banned because your sibling was dumb.
Where's your evidence that I don't have siblings sharing the same computer? They don't even play MC to begin with.

General rule is to not allow anyone on the account (or the computer to begin with without your consent). I'll say just as everyone else would say: your account is your responsibility. If they hacked on it because you allowed them to or you didn't lock your computer, then it's your fault.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Where's your evidence that I don't have siblings sharing the same computer? They don't even play MC to begin with.

General rule is to not allow anyone on the account (or the computer to begin with without your consent). I'll say just as everyone else would say: your account is your responsibility. If they hacked on it because you allowed them to or you didn't lock your computer, then it's your fault.
Given that you really don't care if others got IP-banned, I thought it was PRETTY safe to imply.
The bold stuff proves my point; you don't share MC on the same comp, so you really don't have to worry about this.

y2002a6n13

Jul 31, 2016
I really hate hackers. They are a plague and ruin the server for other players like myself and my friends who just want to play the game normally and have fun!

Now I've read somewhere that to try and tackle the hacker problem, Cubecraft has changed the punishment system, and that instead of a perm ban, you get a one week ban, then get another warning before you're perm banned? I don't know about you guys but this makes no sense to me at all...

So to try and increase the deterrent to stop hackers hacking in the first place, they've reduced the punishment? Surely a zero tolerance policy whereby any signs of hacking whatsoever is an instant perm would be a better system? It would prevent the people who hack just to be funny because they wouldn't get a second chance.

The idea of a 3 strike policy is ridiculous. 90% of people will hack again guaranteed. It will also teach people to be more sneaky and start toggling their hacks on and off more, so it's much harder for them to be caught. In addition, a very small number of people actually take the time to record, edit, upload and link videos of rule- breakers, therefore you're just increasing the amount of innocent players that are exposed to said hackers.

I really love this server and it pains me to see 4 hackers in every game. If you guys really want to be lenient with people then may I suggest a temp ban of say 3 months? 1 week just seems way to short to me...

What do you guys think?
dont say anything the anti cheat will complete soon but the new problem is now it 1.8 which can bypass but if it was still 1.9 then it would work perfect to bad D:

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I was banned falsely before, and my appeal worked.
Ok, but are the staff going to unban them because they say sorry? No.
It might feel that way, but it's a blatant lie.
Like I said in my other comment, the intentional meaning wasn't saying that. It was a figurative way of saying it was an easier way of getting unbanned for everyone. Not a blatant lie.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Like I said in my other comment, the intentional meaning wasn't saying that. It was a figurative way of saying it was an easier way of getting unbanned for everyone. Not a blatant lie.
It's the only way to get unbanned other waiting it out. It is a blatant lie; I've never heard of such an absurd thing as accepting an apology as an appeal.

Reactions: betty's oldies

samitannir

Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2016
Somewhere
Nobody can believe this. A hacker just got a gold rank and wasn't banned from a long time ago!
Even some diamond rankers are hackers (Very rare to find).
My friend added a hacker as his friend to check if he is ever going to get banned, and he will gather info on him to report him. Guess what, he still isn't banned from a month or a long time ago. This hacker uses a group of hacks with no alts. Its not the servers fault the hackers aren't getting banned, but its the players faults. The players are not reporting enough, its very rare to find reports right now.

samitannir

Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2016
Somewhere
This might sound crazy, But I would say a permanent ban at the first time, they can appeal if they are sorry and know what they did.
This is the only way to get rid of hackers.
And what else? The Anti-Cheat should have a way to get rid of alts. (This is a quite severe way to do it: Ban every single alex and steve, And state a note that they should change their skin (People who have alts can't change their skins, but the people who don't have alts can and then they can get back on the server).

6views_

Aug 8, 2016
Near Brighton, UK!
This might sound crazy, But I would say a permanent ban at the first time, they can appeal if they are sorry and know what they did.
And what else? The Anti-Cheat should have a way to get rid of alts. (This is a quite severe way to do it: Ban every single alex and steve, And state a note that they should change their skin (People who have alts can't change their skins, but the people who don't have alts can and then they can get back on the server).
this would never work sorry

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Nobody can believe this. A hacker just got a gold rank and wasn't banned from a long time ago!
Even some diamond rankers are hackers (Very rare to find).
My friend added a hacker as his friend to check if he is ever going to get banned, and he will gather info on him to report him. Guess what, he still isn't banned from a month or a long time ago. This hacker uses a group of hacks with no alts. Its not the servers fault the hackers aren't getting banned, but its the players faults. The players are not reporting enough, its very rare to find reports right now.
First of all, you can't see them. So you have no basis to say that the community isn't doing anything.
They're basically the backbone right now; Cubecraft would be gone if they stopped reporting hackers.
Right now, I'm willing to say the server needs to accept some responsibility. They just got new staff members. Now what?
USE THEM.
wth. No. That's just ridiculous. I was a Steve for a year and a half until I got a new computer which I had enough power to upload the skin w/o shutting my computer down (yet it could run Minecraft perfectly. Go figure.)

samitannir

Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2016
Somewhere
First of all, you can't see them. So you have no basis to say that the community isn't doing anything.
They're basically the backbone right now; Cubecraft would be gone if they stopped reporting hackers.
Right now, I'm willing to say the server needs to accept some responsibility. They just got new staff members. Now what?
USE THEM.
First of all, It is the players fault. A Friend of my Friend which is a hacker, doesn't have alts, and is still not banned. Don't blame the staff for this.
[/QUOTE]wth. No. That's just ridiculous. I was a Steve for a year and a half until I got a new computer which I had enough power to upload the skin w/o shutting my computer down (yet it could run Minecraft perfectly. Go figure.)[/QUOTE]
this would never work sorry
And, I did say that this may sound crazy, It won't work, I get it.
But something should change:
First ban = 1 month
Third ban = permanent
Or a permanent ban at first.

Reactions: 6views_

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
All my alts have power ranger skins :P

Reactions: samitannir

PinkSparkleWolf

Dedicated Member
May 8, 2015
a galaxy far, far away....
youtu.be
I don't feel like I have to read every comment to reply myself, there are alot and I mean alot of threads being made about things like this. I'm pretty sure I already know what kind of comments there are here;
  1. Perm ban
  2. IP ban
  3. Anti-cheat
If this is the case, lemme help ya real quick;
  1. Bans already stack up, so someone who continuously hack get a perm ban anyways.
  2. You can't prove whether an alternative account belongs to another account.
  3. Being worked on.
:)

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
I totally agree with this. And since the developers have nothing much to do with this, I think this should be added as soon as possible. Since people find it very easy to just use kill aura and the toggle it off etc. I think a permanent ban is now required with zero tolerance.

KhoaCN

Sep 4, 2016
I see so many hacker on this sever. Recently on the newest Preston moneywars he saw a fly hackers yu guys can watch tbnrflags minecraft channel and i report some hackers but the staff moderator dont trust me and dont care what i say

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #45-
The largest known prime number has 24,862,048 digits. This prime number is 2 multiplied by itself 82,589,933 times, minus 1.
Mintypie231 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you so much for the follow!!
Xi1m wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on SpringWarz's profile.
Cool senior moderator!
Top Bottom